Nuit Étoilée 2012Eau de Toilette

Nuit Étoilée (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal
Nuit Étoilée (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Goutal for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-green. It was last marketed by Amore Pacific Group / 아모레퍼시픽은. Pronunciation

Isabelle Doyen

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Peppermint, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesFir balsam, Siberian pine
Base Notes Base NotesAngelica, Everlasting flower

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.08.2020.

Chronobiological?
My husband: Lark, early riser, summer fan, type nature boy, smells in Nuit étoilée EdT the atmosphere of a "pine grove" in midsummer... Me: owl, night person, morning grumbler, autumn and winter woman, on the other hand the crystalline crisp freshness and coldness of a snow and starry frosty night Two people, two guys, two associations... Why? Maybe chronobiological........ But obviously suitable for all types.
Pollita
The scent of the morning run
When I first tasted Nuit Etoilée, I was out on my running lap. I live in the country and only have about three kilometres to the forest. Even though everyone here has a winter and snow association, I'm clear in the summer when I smell Nuit Etoilée. In the early summer, in the morning before 6 a.m. The day should be warm, but not hot as yet. Shall we say around 20-25°C?

We have two lakes here with us in the forest, which I like to run around. In one of them there is a small island that looks simply heavenly in every season. The fragrance that is in the air near this lake is reminiscent of the coniferous notes with light resinous notes of Nuit Etoilée. I could almost see the lake when I sprayed the scent on. By the way, you should be careful there in summer, because the buzzard breeds there and also likes to attack a runner who dares to go into this corner alone to defend his babies. It has also happened to me that my comrade clapped me against the head from behind. Except for one horror, fortunately nothing happened.

The special thing about this fragrance is also the mint note. She also brings me this picture of the morning run, because I brushed my teeth before the start and the taste of mint will accompany me for a while on my forest run. The image of the summer day I have in mind when sniffing Nuit Eloilée is probably evoked by the orange and lemon. Zitrik likes to have something summery for me, but I also understand all those who think of a snowy forest when they smell this fragrance.

I never wear perfume when I run because after a few kilometres, which I like to do at a higher speed, I don't smell so good anyway and spraying perfume on them would be like spraying pearls before swine. Above all, however, because I want to sniff and enjoy nature to the full. If I wanted to wear perfume to walk in the forest, I would choose Nuit Etoilée.

A fragrance that perfectly suits both sexes and conjures up a dreamlike image of nature. An absolute evergreen with a moderate sillage that never bothers and annoys. Suitable in every situation, and especially for city dwellers who don't go outdoors too often, a beautiful head cinema.
Serenissima
High night of clear stars,
... that stand like bright signs..."

The winter sky arches endlessly high and wide and black lined.
Not with the cuddly black velvet that shelters us in the love nights of summer.
No, it is something rigid, cold, that crackles and shines softly, not sighing tenderly: Taffeta or Duchesse?
On this shining coolness, the stars appear bright and clear as gems; the narrow crescent of the waning moon has been placed in between with a fine brushstroke.
A very special ray emanates from the morning star, Venus: its light shimmers almost blue-white.
Black and sharply drawn - like silhouettes of a skilful master - the sleeping giants of the coniferous trees stand before this celestial spectacle.
Snow covers her branches in thick white caterpillars; on the forest floor there are opulent snow carpets: it is very cold and everything is asleep!
Now and then a branch cracks through the white load or the cold, otherwise it is silent: the world consists of black, white and shining gems.

The ladies Goutal and Doyen have captured exactly this mood in "Nuit Étoilée".
The nightly coolness appears particularly fresh due to spicy peppermint, paired with a hint of selected citrus aromas, and gives the illusion of being able to breathe deeply under a wide night sky!
Coniferous woods, balsamic and mysterious (what have they experienced!) underline this extraordinary fragrance experience: a soft vibration pervades the air after the first spraying!
Angelica, also called angelica, softens a little the sharp edges and edges that can accompany this fragrant creature: like an angel's wings, this spicy aroma spreads.
A bit of softness and quiet warmth is good; this is how "Nuit Étoilée" becomes round and harmonious, despite the powerful fragrance ingredients to the icy, silent winter night!

This scent of the cold, clear winter night is well done; it is powerful and yet protective at the same time. The durability is the same as that of all Annick Goutal fragrances; you can't expect more than these fragrances can give. And yet they are beautiful and can be laid out quite well!
Not every fragrance has to accompany you for hours; a four or five hour walk through a mysterious winter night can be wonderful.
But then it's also time to get out into the warmth of the fireplace and enjoy hot chocolate with a shot!

So the lines of an old song seem to me to be suitable as a theme.
Only I ask myself, where have they all gone, these old songs that were once so well-known?
I remember that in my childhood, the Sunday request concert was part of the coffee time.
"Greetings from East to West" were exchanged and much beautiful music was played; the voices of Rudolf Schock, Fritz Wunderlich, Anneliese Rothenberger and Ingeborg Hallstein were well known and popular.
Where have they gone, these voices, these songs? Have they all been forgotten? Were they lost in the cool expanse of the endless starry sky, which was skilfully captured as "Nuit Étoilée" in one of the typical Annick Goutal flacons?
Spicy forest
To start off, a cool bergamot and lime drink, a little anise and juniper bark that has lain in the sun of the day. No? Hmm. But it doesn't smell like peppermint to me either.

Fir needles or pines, spicy forest.
Very herbal, no sweetness at all, for my nose. A thick broth. Nocturnal forest folk?
He is so harsh, he awakens all spirits with his essential fir needle oil.

The angelica, very much appreciated by AugstA, turns out to be an angelica, which plays out its musk part, which is not fully presented with every use, and melts wonderfully on the skin
AugustA a bit too natural, a bit too bitter to become a favourite fragrance, but very pleasant and a great autumn fragrance. Fits fog as well as sun and colorful leaves, uh needles.
Stanze
By bicycle through the night
In France I lived in an area with little light waste. One kilometer from the village of 110 souls. In moonlit nights the moon was so bright that one could certainly have read in its light. But even with a new moon, the stars still shone brightly. Much brighter than I'd ever seen before. When it was cloudy, it was darker than in the light garbage areas (here it never gets dark). When I went to the village by bicycle after work, I returned in the dark, except in summer. The relative darkness under the thick lamp of the moon or the bright sparkling stars. The air was clear or perhaps a little damp and smelled of plants. I drove past the fields in a buoyant mood and was in no hurry. In front of me on the road the forest mice jumped away and jumped into the ditch at the Bocage. Sometimes I saw or heard a barn owl or an oddball. When I saw the sparkling stars, I thought of my dearest one, who in distant Germany might have just been looking into the starry sky.

Nuit Étoilée is a slow, calm fragrance. Fresh-green-sweet-spicy. Fresh and sweet are actually opposites. But the contrast works very well for Nuit Étoilée. Peppermint is clearly present and reminiscent of Goutal's Mandragore, admittedly. But the fir balsam is also very present and distinguishes the two fragrances quite a bit. There is still similarity in the top note, but practically no more after the heart note. Nuit Étoilée perfectly evokes a starry evening in rural Normandy. With trees standing around somewhere already.

Nuit Étoilée also works in winter. We're having winter right now. Spring and autumn anyway. I don't know if it's any good in summer. I might. I'm sure you can wear it at work. I'm going to test this. In the evening, of course. I wear it now in my spare time and I can definitely do that. I believe that Nuit Étoilée can be worn by women and men, but I wouldn't be surprised if it generally goes down better with women. I am old (over 50). So I guess it's better with older people. At the young people who surround me at work, I cannot imagine it.

The durability is unfortunately not so famous. But you can spray it after. The projection is sufficient. If you are not in a hurry, you should try Nuit Étoilée.

bottled nature
"Enjoyment in nature and solitude" indeed. I tend to veer away from scents with accords listed with green, citrus and aromatic together as many don't last above a couple of hours on me and I have to stick my nose to my skin to smell anything. However this scent keeps being recommended and I decided to go against my prejudice. Thank goodness I did! OK so I don't picture star-filled dark blue night skies (that's very much Vol de Nuit or L'Heure Bleue territory), but I totally am feeling the nature walk and the pure, pure air, the glorious fresh pine scent that sadly left me cold in Serge Lutens' Chypre Rouge. The pine here is practically joyful if a smell could be considered as such. The sweet mint and citrus notes are just as cheerful a note in this. The sillage is rather quiet for me (but I am rather fond of loud monsters of the Amouage kind)but the longevity is acceptable, around 6 hours now and I can still smell it pretty well around me. So if you are looking for this exact description: cool scent of woods and enjoyment in nature and solitude--> do try this scent. You will not regret it.

Nuit Etoilee
This is quite beautiful! On my skin I smell the mint, pine and citrus notes the most. I'm not usually a big fan of things that smell of mint but the mint in this is so refreshing. They sure named this fragrance right. It reminds me of a cool summers night where the air is fresh and picks up hints from the forrest. The scent smells "expensive" and I'm sure the ingredients within are high quality. I also have to mention the bottle. It matches the scent. Very lovely indeed. My only complaint is that the EDT version sits very close to the skin and doesn't project very well. It seems very light. Maybe the EDP version is stronger? I'm not sure. It's not enough to deter me but I thought it was worth mentioning. Bottom line, I absolutely love Nuit Etoilee and I'm sure this is going to become one of my absolute favourites! Classy with a capital "C."

winter wonderland
This is just so beautiful. this one brings me straight into winter wonderland. whit crisp snow. Cold air.a walk in the forest just breathing in all the beauty off this presuos moments off peace . joy and happines being out and free off all burden.. A realy calming fragrance for shure.. This i just new i wanted a bottle off as soon as i tryed it. I did not think in a million year that this looking at the note whit pine and al would be somthing for me.. boy was i wrong.. This is the moste exciting experiance i have had white a fragrance in a long longe time .. I was just blown away by its beauty ;) .
Yes i had to try it a few time thinking can this realy be true ,is it to masculin.. do i realy want somthing like this whit this notes .. And all my heart an soul sayed yes .. i retested and retested his and could not get enough off it;)
A real gem at this time off year . whit cristmas coming up and for this moments you want to remember all the memorys off crisp winterdays and christmas times ;) Offcourse not everybody will feal the same do to different kind off memorys and such . but this to me hit home big time .
Want a bigger bottle off this for shure .. Bought a 15 ml but nead more ;)

Starlight
I have read in some other perfume sites some rather negative reviews about this one... i assume the name can be misleading. With so many "noirs" and "nights" in the market, the own personal concepts each of us have on how "darkness" should smell like, might vary hugely, an so the expectations about the perfume.

Therefore i understand the frustration of some users who expected Nuit Etoilée to be a metaphorical interpretation of night (very intense, "dark smelling" ingredients, strong sensations) because they didnt find any of this in this Annick Goutal.

Indeed, Nuit Etoilée, i believe, is a naturalistic interpretation of night. The ingredients are selected to create a night atmosphere. And it works. Cool mint is a key ingredient, that suggest the chill of the air. And even if the mint is recognizable, it is not overpowering, and the sweet fir balsam, and a resinous pine, balance it, giving a true outdoors sensation. Not as much as the coniferous trees steal the spotlight. It is very balanced and natural smelling. Cold night air in contrast to the residual heat of the wood´s floor. The scent reminds me to a warm stone that gets wet when it starts raining.

Night indeed doesnt have to be scary or ominous... this unusual woody-balsamic-aromatic fragance is for those nocturnal beings who find in the solitude of the night a friendly shelter.

Mystery on Air
What a mysterious scent this is indeed. I have not been much to Mint, Pine and Fir, but in here.. these are so well blended, so beautifull way.. I can not describe it. I used to take them to be more notes of men scents, but in here .. wow, very much suitable also to ladies. Deep and mysterious. This night scent I do love.

TapirMedardTapirMedard 2 years ago
Nothing like the fougere of exceptional beauty. Despite my dislike towards the fresh aromas, this Night captivated me.
HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
For once a mint opening that is beautifully realistic! 'Green' is the key, as it dries down to a walk in the woods, only a tad too sweet.

by PureNeugier
Light my candles in a daze 'cause I found God vllt kennt jemand diese Zeilen aus einem Song
by Edda32
by Ergoproxy
by skanvidou
by skanvidou

Popular Goutal

Ambre Fétiche (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Encens Flamboyant (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Nuit Etoilée (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Vétiver by Goutal Sables by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Parfum) / Hadrien Absolu by Goutal Ninfeo Mio by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Ambre Sauvage by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Mandragore Pourpre by Goutal Duel by Goutal Heure Exquise by Goutal Rose Absolue by Goutal Bois d'Hadrien by Goutal Eau du Sud by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Vanille Charnelle by Goutal Vanille Exquise by Goutal Songes (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Myrrhe Ardente (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Eau de Monsieur (2013) by Goutal