Petite Chérie 1998 Eau de Parfum

Petite Chérie (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal
Petite Chérie (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Goutal for women and was released in 1998. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Amore Pacific / 아모레퍼시픽. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrassGrass PeachPeach
Heart Notes Heart NotesPearPear Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.04.2022.

Young Girls Summer
I love freshly mowed lawns; not the ones where heavy equipment has been used, leaving all the greenery scraggly and mashed.
No, lawns that are still treated with love and whose cut is allowed to dry briefly before it is carefully swept off by hand.
What a fragrance then arises from this green and how it feels under the bare feet!
To walk over it is foot reflexology massage including aromatherapy!
It smells even more great when not the noble green carpet, the pride of many gardeners, but one of the wild meadows comes under the scythe. Not only the green of the different types of grass, but also wild herbs such as dandelion, sorrel and the small daisy breathe there their powerful spicy aromas.

One of these meadows offer the two ladies at Annick Goutal at "Petite Chérie" to the fragrant stay.
You only need a blanket because of possible grass stains; everything here is still lush and plump, delicately caressing.
The pale blue summer sky peeks out from between the already fruit-bursting branches of the fruit trees; white clouds form their moving images as they fly by.
I chose for my time out the spot in the orchard where mostly pears and peaches grow, now ripe.
These fruits smile enticingly at me; I can't resist - I must pick some.
With this abundance of fruit on the branches, it is certainly not forbidden.

I love pears; not those hardy varieties with the rough, sometimes slightly scarred skin:
No, those small, pale yellow dessert pears with their sweet ripeness and juiciness.
They are often served for dessert; with special plates and dessert cutlery, of which there is a wide choice, and which can be real ornaments for any table.
These pears, ripe and juicy, were the inspiration for this rather young ladies' fragrance.

I can still remember well that I had the impression at the first samples a few years ago, these pears are but already quite overlaid: they smelled for me a bit overripe!
The acquaintance who brought me to Parfumo laughed at me; but I left this little darling first or sent it on to her later.
In the meantime, my fragrance perception has changed considerably: it has become finer, more nuanced.
Maybe I had also caught a bottling at the time, which was no longer so fresh.
In any case, a renewed testing brought a completely different result.

A young woman lies relaxed on a meadow, wrapped in summery spicy aromas as in a green veil.
Ripe and juicy pears and peaches lie sweet-scented beside her; completely relaxed, she licks the juice from her fingers.
Fine clouds of fragrance float in from the nearby rose beds; of pink many-flowered roses that go so well with youth. And somewhat stronger aromas come from the neighboring musk roses.
Numerous insects visit this place: fat drifting bumblebees hum like little airplane engines, and fruit-greedy wasps buzz restlessly about. Even beetles find their way in.
Summer stillness in the afternoon!
Everything marries to a young and yet very mature fragrance image, which was carefully designed with a sensitive hand and fine brushstrokes.

I admit: "Petite Chérie" is a fragrance for pear lovers!
Even if I love "English Pear & Freesia" by Jo Malone especially through the patchouli framework, I still enjoyed the re-encounter with Annick's "little darling": I suddenly felt so young, so summer-light!

The well-known durability of Annick Goutal fragrances shows once again.
Also "Petite Chérie" is light and not very durable; but with these fragrances you should not really expect anything else.
This fragrance girl is ephemeral like ripe summer fruit, glorious sunny days and youth!
But do we therefore want to do without them?
Very positive scent
I love it! The fragrance of good mood! I hear a fresh delicate pears (lemonade) on musk. Today with us +20. The fragrance conveys summer mood, sun, joy, breeze.
Sillage and durability are not outstanding. But he so nice and gentle...
Kleopatra
Spring fresh flea market find
The other day at the flea market: Spring, 22 degrees, sunny, light wind (the hair was sitting) - it was wonderful! There my eye spied a small bottle of Petite Cherie with a little left over, probably enough for about five applications. Annick Goutal was a household name to me (how could I ever forget Songes...), I'd heard Petite Cherie before too but didn't know what it smelled like and didn't feel like pulling out my phone either. But for one euro it was worth it nevertheless all times to buy it blindly, in order to test it!

I was already scented elsewhere, but that was already something ago, so first sprayed on the hand. Oh, that smells but spring fresh! A little later then again a complete sprinkling. That's a nice one! I smell: some grass, some fruit, flower, overall fresh, but very soft, neither too tart nor too sweet, just charming and carefree, absolutely suitable for this beautiful spring day!

At home, of course, I immediately checked what is so in the fragrance and whether that corresponds with my own impressions. And lo and behold, I was not so wrong. However, I would never have come to the idea, this fragrance could only be what for young girls, as read in many comments!? Although, I'm still young at heart, so I wear it too. It's not forbidden for old women to climb trees. Astrid Lindgren said that. I read it here!
Unfortunately, there is something to find fault with this fragrance: The sillage. The might like to be a little more expansive. I feel Petite Cherie namely as quite close to the skin. Well, it's also for young girls ;) Or there's also for adults?

Musty Peach
How have more people not mentioned the MUSTY smell in PETITE CHERIE? Yes, it has a girlish, flirty flounce, sure, in all that fruit. But it's very hard to miss the bookish dank musty library in this! Also, it doesn't last. Pure and simple as that.

Fresh, Fruity, Green, and Floral--all naturally so
Annick Goutal PETITE CHERIE is an excellent example of why people who fall for this house really fall for it. Everything is here in one package: freshness, fruitiness, greenness, florality. That may not sound so amazing in these days of lab-produced perfumes, but in the case of PETITE CHERIE, it all smells entirely natural and not at all abstract.

I suppose that the peach in this composition must be synthetic--that's what I've heard about fruit notes in general--but it smells fresh, like the fuzz of a fresh peach plucked from the tree. The peach has not been sliced open, and the sweetness is further contained by the significant greenness, summed up in the note hierarchy as "mown grass", which I interpret to mean "grass clippings". I myself do not find the green here to be as loud as the scent of just-mown grass--this is nothing like Robert Piguet FUTUR or any other grassy green perfume I've ever tried. Still, there is a greenishness, which I find to be about half-way between the scent of grass and that of hyacinth.

The flowers in PETITE CHERIE--to my nose, pink roses--are just as important as the peach and the green, but they, too, are gentle and blend in with the rest of the components to create a perfectly balanced perfume. Can there be a natural-smelling fruity-floral perfume? Apparently so, given the existence of PETITE CHERIE. (I should say, though, that this is very, very different from FERRE edp, which I recently reviewed and raved about as a sophisticated fruity-floral perfume.)

Despite the name, I do not find PETITE CHERIE to be juvenile in any way. It is friendly and has a sort of innocent or guileless quality to it, as there is nothing dirty or skanky whatsoever, and it's also not overly complicated. I find it endearing without being "cute". Perhaps the best expression to apply would simply be "effortlessly pretty". Think of a freshly washed face with the skin still moist from water and the cheeks slightly pink. That image matches my feelings about PETITE CHERIE.

Delectable, velvety softness.
Dainty, delicate and delicious. I enjoy this soft delectable somewhat reminiscent scent. I think it would be perfect for a new mother. The notes meet my nose and taste buds with velvety softness. Nice balance of fruit-flower. Fades away too quickly though.
2.5

Icekat
Bright pear and fields of green
It took me a while to finally get to testing Petit Cherie as for some reason I thought that it will be too childish for me. Well, I tried it this morning and I love it a lot. The fruits are done so right in this scent. They are natural, vibrant and beautiful. I was able to smell the sparkly pear without even looking at the notes, so I think it is the most noticeable in the composition joined by the delicious peach and just a touch of a rose. There is also a nice, luscious green note that I quite enjoy in this fragrance.

The scent smells like a lovely smile of spring, sunny and fresh. Petite Cherie is very happy and delicate perfume and I can see why Annick Goutal dedicated it to her daughter, Camille. This perfume will make a beautiful gift for young ladies or anyone young at heart. I just love how the sunny side of life is captured in this scent.

My only complaint is the lasting power. Unfortunately the scent disappears way too quickly for me.

Green, luscious andf natural fruits
It's easy to fall in love with a scent such as this. Classic yet simplistic, Petite Cherie has shown once again why I love Annick Goutal fragrances so dearly.

Although primarily fruit-based, with pear being the most notable accord, Petite Cherie proves to be quite refined and elegant, which are rare qualities in a fruity floral. I find the scent to be very rich and insanely addictive. My mother happens to love this fragrance with a passion, so it looks to me like I'll be buying her this for Christmas.

Petite Cherie is Spring and sunshine in a bottle. The refreshing pear note blended with rose, gardenia and peach makes this fragrance so very juicy and green, especially with the almost grassy-like note in the drydown.

Unfortunately, like many have stated, the lasting strength is very poor. I'm determined to find a giftset where a lotion and shower gel is included so that the scent should last a lot longer.

by RomanaFrangi
by Shehrazade
by Moni43
by Moni43

Popular by Goutal

Ambre Fétiche (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Encens Flamboyant (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Nuit et Confidences by Goutal Nuit Etoilée (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Étoile d'une Nuit by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Parfum) / Hadrien Absolu by Goutal Sables by Goutal Vétiver by Goutal Bois d'Hadrien by Goutal Ninfeo Mio by Goutal Heure Exquise by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Ambre Sauvage by Goutal Rose Absolue by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Vanille Charnelle by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Duel by Goutal Mandragore Pourpre (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Eau de Monsieur (2013) by Goutal Myrrhe Ardente (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Eau du Sud by Goutal