Quel Amour! 2002

Quel Amour! by Goutal
Quel Amour! is a perfume by Goutal for women and was released in 2002. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by Amore Pacific / 아모레퍼시픽. Pronunciation

GeraniumGeranium
PomegranatePomegranate
CranberryCranberry
Red currantRed currant
Sour cherrySour cherry
PeachPeach
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.05.2021.

Cheerfulness in red
"Quel Amour" has only one color and that is red - summer red!
Summer red, like the peonies I love so much, the erotic red of the seeds of the pomegranate, berry red like the tart currants and the healthy cranberries.
Sour cherries, in their somewhat glassy red, are also a wonderful match.
And before I know it, I'm already in the middle of my "Quel Amour" comment:
That's how fast it can go!

The two ladies who compose the enchanting fragrances at Annick Goutal, have shown here a fine flair: because "Quel Amour" is red like love!
A summer love that sprays cheerfulness and good humor, is playful, likes to flirt and laugh.
No one thinks of possible subsequent tears here.

Peonies embody for me the charm of early summer. When everything is still green and alive, they unfurl their heavy heads and a slightly peasant charm.
In delicate and bold hues, unfilled with golden faces and filled as thick pompoms, they fill beds and the sensual fragrance is sometimes so intoxicating that bouquets with them have to go out on the balcony at night. Their fragrant embraces are then but a little strong.
Therefore, the somewhat tart spiciness of rose geranium is very welcome and also has a somewhat therapeutic effect through these properties. The winter was long enough!
Not only used like lavender to repel insects, the essential oils contained provide inner strength and balance: who can not use that from time to time?
In this fragrant declaration of love, rose geraniums and peonies take over the floral fragrance part: as a counterpoint to all the summer fruits!
For with a well-filled fruit basket, "Quel Amour" comes smiling, dispensing fresh and fruity aromas of everything that turns the lips red.
What little girl has not smeared her mouth with fruit juices: yes, forever tempts the woman! However small she may be!
As already mentioned, this basket contains not only pomegranates with their glowing red seeds, but also red berries and sour cherries invite refreshment.
With its summery velvety fur, the juicy peach certainly feels a little lost at first.
But ensures me juicy sweetness that he also finds a place in this slightly playful composition.
Thus, he builds a colorful bridge; because golden ambergris dust lays with a fine, delicate resin note over everything: a net that holds this fragrance elegant and buoyant together.
Otherwise, he would hop and dance away too quickly with cheerfulness and good humor.
For the durability is summery-light, so typical of the house Goutal!

A cheerful summer love in a red swinging dress with golden flecks develops on the skin with a lot of charm and sweetness.
"Quel Amour" is endearing and deserves attention: just by the good mood this fragrance exudes!
Let's just let "Quel Amour" seduce us into cheerfulness; as we all know, a smile creates a smile again.
And: Are we smiling enough?

Rosy Portal
Quite long lasting on me too. I got through about 25% of the eau de toilette before it fixed in my head as pot pourri, then I started layering it with Sa majeste in order to enjoy it more. Yes it's fizzy, like sherbet is fizzy. Do kids suck sherbet through a liquorice stick anymore? These days that sounds like a gateway drug. Quel Amour could well be a portal to a POAL type fragrance.
For a period of ten years we took holidays in a peony growing district though I was so taken with the mass planted profusion of flowers that I didn't analyse the perfumed varieties for scent. At Goutal they try to weave a story around their fragrances and the romance of Camille's floral strewn path back to her apartment after an absence from her fiancee is the back story to this one.
Compared to others of this genre, say Parisienne by YSL, Quel Amour wins hands down but I can't recommend it whole heartedly. You can buy 'Floralisme' by Gres at a fraction of the cost and get a similar experience. As Chapeauclack has observed, firmly backed up by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, if you must have this floral fruity thing at least Quel Amour is nicely made. A bit of snob value? Quite likely.

missing much
The combination of rose, peony, & peach sounds really appealing. But I've tried two different carded samples of this, and all I get is medium-grade rose oil and not even a particularly long-lasting one.I know that there are many musks that someone people smell strongly and others can't detect, but have no idea how my nose is missing the peach and peony here.
2.5
2.5

Moms Of Teenage Daughters Take Notice
Extremely chemical out of the vial, this little frou-frou floral was not an easy test ride for me. It took me a whole week of cautiously unscrewing, sniffing and hastily putting away until I finally decided I had to give it a skin test.

On my very warm, olive skin Quel Amour! performs the usual fresh fruity floral routine, oscillating between sweet, vaguely sour, slightly powdery and clean musky. Within three hours it's completely gone from my wrists and what remains in the crease of the elbow is a verdant, slightly sour musk with detectable hints of ammonia. I do suspect the initial vinegary impression, as well as this, is due to certain facets of Peony and Berry accords rather than some vile chemical soup.

One thing that makes Quel Amour! stand out is the high quality rose done with the signature Goutal twist of liquid, viscous green. Sadly, the "unbearable lightness" of this fragrance prevents the regal rose from truly shining for me, endowing it with all the typical anti gravity properties of the modern fruity floral.

I do suspect that a drier, paler and cooler skin would do Quel Amour! more justice, as would someone with a disposition towards lighter, more cheerful scents than I prefer.

I also think this is a good choice for a very young girl in need of some careful steering in the right direction, lest she picks a bieber as her entry-level fragrance and ends up with consequently bad choices later on.

A different fruity-floral
This is a sparkling, fruity-flowery creation which redefines this genre by using a "dynamic" rose and fruit structure. "Quel Amour" seems to be composed of natural ingredients, this is why it does not have the typical artificial smell of all the fruity mainstream-scents on the market. The floral-fruity aspect is amplified through the inclusion of tiny woody facets and the softness of musk to be felt in the drydown. I think it is a beautiful alternative to all the average and artificial fruit-salad fragrances on the market.

A truly lovable fruity rose
I was so relieved when I read here that Quel Amour had a note of mint. I spent many hours trying to determine whether or not my nose had become incredibly confused.

Strangely enough, I sensed the mint when I first applied Quel Amour to my skin. It was almost like a breath of toothpaste wafting up to my nose. Although to many that description may be unpleasant, to me it was different and somewhat appealing.

The scent began with its minty freshness, before developing into a rich, romantic and classic floral. Peony and rose are very prominent notes in this fragrance. The scent reminded me of beautiful, old-fashioned trinket shops where the smell of pure rose oil used to fill the store.

Like most Annick Goutal fragrances, Quel Amour has such a charming presence. In my opinion however, you won't like this fragrance if you don't like her previous scents. Quel Amour is more of an old-fashioned, classic, early 1900's inspired fragrance rather than being a modern scent.

The fruity notes in Quel Amour aren't all that strong, although they are present. The peach is hidden in there somewhere however it has been overshadowed by the peony and rose.

Quel Amour is your quintessential, rose scented Spring/Fall scent. Thinking of possible similarities, Stella by Stella McCartney comes to mind, however Quel Amour is much lighter and not as modern.

This fragrance contains all natural oils and ingredients so you are guaranteed no artificial surprises. The scent is actually really long-lasting on my skin, and that is just for the EDT.

I See Red!
I see red! Wear QUEL AMOUR! and you will too: wild roses, rose geranium, red currants, pomegranates, and cherries. Yes, there's an awful lot of red going on in this rich fruity-floral perfume, and all of it is good! The fruits and florals are well-balanced, each carrying their weight and not being drowned out as is often the case in fragrances of this kind. The other primary virtue of this creation to someone like me, with whom fruit notes are notoriously uncooperative, is that these juicy red fruits really are fresh. They are not plastic or artificially sweetened or rotting or sour or vaguely (or profoundly...) emetic. Not at all.

It goes perhaps without saying that I am not really, in my throbbing red heart of hearts, the fruity-floral type, but QUEL AMOUR! has made a believer out of me (along with Ineke BRIAR ROSE, which is even better...). Yes, it is at least *possible* to create a wearable, enjoyable, fruity-floral perfume for adults. For years, I believed that the sheer possibility might be precluded by some arcane law of perfume logic, but this sort of composition, albeit rare, roundly refutes that hypothesis.

Although QUEL AMOUR! is relatively simple, it's quite nice for what it is and certainly leaps and bounds better than the vast majority of fruity-floral BHT nightmares on the market today, most of which are pointless and some of which I find even painful to wear. The red here is saturated, making this perfume rather assertive. The longevity is also good, like a deep red wine stain on a white linen tablecloth. Even after a full night of sleep, the rose geranium, in particular, lingers on...

by Hofnärrin
by Florblanca
by RoseNoire
by RoseNoire

Popular Goutal

Ambre Fétiche (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Encens Flamboyant (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Vétiver by Goutal Bois d'Hadrien by Goutal Nuit et Confidences by Goutal Sables by Goutal Nuit Etoilée (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Étoile d'une Nuit by Goutal Ninfeo Mio by Goutal Heure Exquise by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Parfum) / Hadrien Absolu by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Ambre Sauvage by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Vanille Charnelle by Goutal Duel by Goutal Mandragore Pourpre (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Rose Absolue by Goutal Eau de Monsieur (2013) by Goutal Eau du Sud by Goutal Myrrhe Ardente (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal