Rose Absolue 1984

Rose Absolue by Goutal
Rose Absolue is a popular perfume by Goutal for women and was released in 1984. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Amore Pacific Group / 아모레퍼시픽은. Pronunciation

Bulgarian rose, Damask rose, May rose, Moroccan rose, Turkish rose, Egyptian rose

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.10.2020.

A bouquet of roses
Rose Absolue was with me a blind purchase and a good one at that.

Sprayed on my wrist and I stood in the middle of a field full of roses! Red juicy roses! On the arm a bouquet full of pink roses, light and fresh without sweetness or too much green...
It's raining down from above, rose petals, exactly my thing...

I'm afraid the scent doesn't last that long... after 2-3 hours my rose dream is unfortunately already completely over. Nevertheless Rose Absolute has a place of honour in my mirror cabinet :)
2.5
2.5

Gold
Roses of the world - united!
For the true rose-lover (not for me, by the way). A wonderful replica of the very exuberant smell of roses from Bulgaria, Turkey, Egypt, Morocc and France. This fragrance delivers and does indeed contain "rose" and nothing but rose - as promised on the label. Very rich, dense, and totally predictable.

All Roses Petals All the Time
Anyone who even considers a perfume with the name ROSE ABSOLUE, can hardly find fault with a composition comprising all and only roses all the time. That's what this Annick Goutal creation is. To be more precise: all rose petals, all the time. There are apparently six different varieties of rose present in this creation, so if you love roses, you'll probably be in heaven.

What is not present is anything but rose petals! This is definitely not a rosebush-in-a-blender (no green elements) or a powdery or an oriental or a fruity rose. No. 'Rose' is the key word here. ROSE ABSOLUE may be the result literally of suspending rose absolute in the usual fragrance solvent suspects. This composition is less complex than Guerlain Aqua Allegoria ROSA MAGNIFICA, which contains aldehydes and some other "adulterants". It is also a lot less complex than Yves Rocher ROSE ABSOLUE, which also used this name, but arguably in error.

If I had a bottle of Annick Goutal ROSE ABSOLUE, I'd in all likelihood use it in the way I use my ROSA MAGNIFICA: to mix with the Montales which I find too oudy. It's nice, but I usually want a bit more to my perfume than a pile of rose petals. Of course there are much worse things!!!!!

Thick rose concoction
In the boutique where I managed to track down this fragrance, the tester bottle was hidden away due to many instances of thievery, with this fragrance being the most desirable to steal.

The sales assistant refused to spray this on a card or on my skin, and argued that Rose Absolue is best experienced when sprayed directly into the cap.

From what I can recall, (which may not be as vivid as my other reviews), was a rather strong, rich concoction of various roses.

The concentration of this fragrance could be compared to rose-scented oil. In some instances the amount of roses in this fragrance can seem like way too much. The name sums up this fragrance. If you don't like roses, don't bother trying Rose Absolue.

I can only imagine that this fragrance would feel like velvet on the skin. There's something so very majestic about it. Rose Absolue smells like royalty and the upper class.

Many mention the old-fashioned appeal of this fragrance, which I'm a huge fan of. That quaint, antique style is what makes me love Annick Goutal's scents in the first place.

Every single, unique and exotic rose note blends together so naturally. In all honesty I love my rose scents when blended with other notes, like Rose Barbare with its honey and spices, or Quel Amour! with its mint and peony. However Rose Absolue is beautiful in all its simplicity.

Due to Rose Absolue's richness, I would recommend this fragrance for Winter wear or even romantic occasions. For a fresher, more Spring-like rose, Quel Amour! or Ce Soir ou Jamais are nice alternatives.

Freu mich so, dass es euch allen gefällt, wo doch so viel Herzblut von mir hier hinein geflossen ist ;-P DANKE!
by PureNeugier
Für all die lieben Kommentare und Auszeichnungen allerliebsten Dank! :-)
by PureNeugier
by Serge
by Shehrazade
by Shehrazade

Popular Goutal

Ambre Fétiche (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Encens Flamboyant (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Nuit Etoilée (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Vétiver by Goutal Sables by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Parfum) / Hadrien Absolu by Goutal Ninfeo Mio by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Ambre Sauvage by Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Mandragore Pourpre by Goutal Duel by Goutal Heure Exquise by Goutal Bois d'Hadrien by Goutal Eau du Sud by Goutal Les Absolus d'Annick Goutal - Vanille Charnelle by Goutal Vanille Exquise by Goutal Songes (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal Myrrhe Ardente (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal Eau de Monsieur (2013) by Goutal Nuit Étoilée (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal