Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée 2019

Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée by Karl Lagerfeld
Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée is a new perfume by Karl Lagerfeld for women and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrchid, Jasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Tonka bean absolute

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.10.2020.

Nicole123
Maybe it was the sweatpants
This morning I discovered you in the globe, your name appealed to me and I also like orchids very much ,which led me to put a spray on my wrist.

I forgot about you until we sat in the car and my nose wandered to you, what a scent, a scent that my driver liked as well.
The jasmine and the orchid..... this fresh fruity scent has done it to me.

I immediately searched the offers for you on the net.
Wanted to test you but first of all whether you like it with me.

At home we cleared the shopping together, drank a coffee and I always sniffed in love in your direction.

It was time to go for a walk with my grinning bear, no question that you will go with me So get out of the good clothes and into your........ sweatpants.

In the forest you slowly moved away from me, I had to get closer and closer to you, at the end I had to press my nose against you so that I could smell you....
where did you go?? why did you leave so suddenly?

Was it because of the sweatpants?

I will still buy you even if you were only with me for 3 hours, I will wear you with jeans, skirt and in sweatpants, whether you like it or not
Orchids & Emotions
i adore the old KL fragrances, KL pour femme Extrait or Chloe classic Extrait a dream, the new fragrances are rather not mine, unless the KL for her was a good companion for me this summer.
So I noticed the Fleur de...series also little to not at all. When I then read here and also somewhere else it should be very similar to the orchid of YR (which I love!) and/or I wanted to test the scent twin of course. Unfortunately, it wasn't easy not to get samples anywhere and if it was offered here in the shop at all then it was sold out, testers stolen. That fuelled my curiosity even more and I thought it must be good....

Today was it then so far, over detours I got the 50ml bottle. The flacon itself lies well in the hand, is simple but by no means rickety, already good. Also the sprayer is very good, no spilling etc.
The first sniff...citric, fresh, tart, no pepper and no "sweat grapefruit", I am soothed :-)...so far so good...then the shock: lemon bath cleaner?!?!....but I hold on. After about 20 minutes the scent becomes creamier, more flowery, it is still fresh and slightly tart and the cleanser note is fortunately gone, uff! Another 15 min. later it gets very close but the scent becomes more and more pleasant, yes and I mean to recognize that could go towards the orchid, my heart already starts to jump with joy... but unfortunately in the further course it comes somehow to nothing at all anymore. The fragrance somehow gets "stuck" at the transition to the heart note the base doesn't come at all except some cedar.
It remains fresh, tart. creamy slightly citric, minimally woody. But nothing of Tonka etc., no more flowers, sweetness or exotic warmth, no more...The durability and Sillage are also rather mediocre.

To be honest, I am already a bit disappointed and I ask myself if it is due to the fact that I am driven by the twin-topic here if necessary unfair / one-sided. Therefore I had started a second test to evaluate fair, here is my result:

In itself, FdO is a good all-rounder for all those who like fresh, citrically inconspicuous fragrances or a very good companion for the warm season. Due to the less good H&S one must spray if necessary more often, for it the smell for normal VK is nevertheless quite expensive and would be therefore if only a purchase candidate if in the offer.
It will certainly not become a classic in the series of camp field fragrances, but it lacks many things.

How is FdO now as Dupe?
In my opinion he is not a fragrance twin for orchid from YR. But the approach is certainly not more than that. It's too harsh at first and lacks the warm, alluring feminine touch and exotic floridity that this YR classic has.

And nu?
i save the bottle FdO well closed for the next summer, the fragrance develops in the heat better on my skin or completely different. I have this phenomenon with some of my scents (Tommy Girl is such a one). If then a change should show up I will edit my Kommi gladly.

My search for a good dupe to YR Orchidee continues (I know there are umpteen offers on the net to Orchidee, but I don't want to support this profiteering with vintage scents anymore.)

Popular Karl Lagerfeld

KL (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld KL (Parfum) by Karl Lagerfeld KL Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Classic / Lagerfeld (1978) (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Photo (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Vétiver by Karl Lagerfeld Jako (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Karleidoscope by Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Floriental  by Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody by Karl Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld by Karl Lagerfeld Private Klub pour Homme by Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Femme by Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Man (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Cèdre by Karl Lagerfeld Paradise Bay by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Fleur de Mûrier by Karl Lagerfeld Karl New York Mercer Street by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Fleur de Pêcher by Karl Lagerfeld