Karl Lagerfeld 2014

Karl Lagerfeld by Karl Lagerfeld
Karl Lagerfeld is a perfume by Karl Lagerfeld for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPeachPeach
LimeLime
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipaniFrangipani
MagnoliaMagnolia
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwoodAmberwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 02.07.2021.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Baptiste Giabiconi and Kati Nescher, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld.

Split in two
Now the space in the statement window was not enough for me to describe this fragrance. The beginning of the fragrance development was, as I said, very promising. Really wow! The recognizable basic structure like in another Lagerfeld fragrance, which I like a lot. But alas, too early to rejoice.... After about 2-3 hours of enjoyment, which also radiated nicely outwards (really nicely framed magnolia and frangipani) suddenly an impossible chemical twist. Fortunately, as it later turned out, not the end of the story. The positive thing about it: there is a development ;)
The drydown becomes more bearable after another 2 hours, although also not quite my cup of tea: clearly musk recognizable, amber wood I do not know so far as a single note. I will repeat the test in other conditions. Will not speak badly of the fragrance here
Stylish refreshment
Too bad that this KL comes off so badly here. On the one hand, I attribute this to him because of his "age" (yet already 7 years), on the other hand, we are largely oversaturated what concerns certain fragrances. Or he is simply too unknown. I for my part know that he will survive my Ausmistaktion, and not only for sentimental reasons ;-)
Again, a fragrance that I associate with my girl :-)
I've been sneaking around this Karl Lagerfeld for a while. I bought it in the end, because the base reminded me so wonderfully of Elena's baby head scent *.* sounds funny, but it is. It accompanied me to her christening last September, an extraordinarily beautiful, sunny and warm late summer day. It went with it quite wonderfully, pleasantly fresh, light, floral-sweet and elegant. I think it goes very well with happy occasions, walks in the park, first dates and a leisurely stroll around town. It really makes its grand entrance in warmer temperatures, up to 25 degrees it is eminently wearable, I tested it myself on the day of the christening. In fact, it lasted the whole day well, I felt comfortable and always fresh, stylish, youthful and well-groomed. Surprisingly, I could still perceive him well in the evening, after the beautiful outfits for this solemn occasion had given way to pajamas.

The opening starts citrusy-fresh, but not bath-cleaner-like. Almost immediately, Mademoiselle Magnolia and Madam Rose join in. The rose is well perceptible, but the nice thing is that it keeps the little frangipani charmingly back. I like that very well, but I have an aversion to too penetrating rose fragrances.
The base sounds wonderfully delicate and light, and always reminds me (probably due to the touch of musk) of the very fresh baby head scent :-) Thank God Elena still smells well perceptible after it, but at some point she will no longer smell like baby :-( and if I then the longing for this most beautiful fragrance in the world overcomes, Karl Lagerfeld has his grand entrance :-)

Generic & synthetic musky-rose fragrance
Karl Lagerfeld's latest 2014 perfumes are no longer produced by "Coty", but by "Interparfums". Unfortunately, this change doesn't make them any better.
The opening of "KL for Her" reminds me of an old fragrance I never liked: "Amarige" by Givenchy and although this new "signature scent for women" is marketed as a "floral green" with a "fresh metallic rose", I smell nothing remotely connected to mother nature. Instead, the entire cocktail consists of synthetic florals, synthetic musk and artificial fruit. The "peach" note is vile and the alleged "magnolia"? Can't detect it. I was looking forward to something innovative and wearable from Karl Lagerfeld, but I doubt the man tried this fragrance himself. Boring, generic and really disappointing.

by Lanunja
by Lanunja
by Frauduftet
by Frauduftet

Popular Karl Lagerfeld

KL (Parfum) by Karl Lagerfeld KL (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld KL Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Classic / Lagerfeld (1978) (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Photo (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Vétiver by Karl Lagerfeld Jako (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars (Eau de Toilette) by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Fleur d'Orchidée by Karl Lagerfeld Karleidoscope by Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Floriental  by Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody by Karl Lagerfeld Karl Tokyo Shibuya by Karl Lagerfeld Karl Paris 21 Rue Saint-Guillaume by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Cèdre by Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Femme by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Fleur de Mûrier by Karl Lagerfeld Karl New York Mercer Street by Karl Lagerfeld Private Klub pour Homme by Karl Lagerfeld Les Parfums Matières - Bois de Yuzu by Karl Lagerfeld