Eau des Missions 2011

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent
Eau des Missions is a popular perfume by Le Couvent for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Herod

VanillaVanilla Gotu KolaGotu Kola MyrrhMyrrh BenzoinBenzoin Chinese camellia Virginia cedarVirginia cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.05.2022.

Paris91
Sheep scent? What a crock of...
i thought until recently.

Yes I confess, I actually think nothing of it. Something like that bothers me. I don't really want to smell anything at night, except for fresh or "odorless" bedding. I don't know, it's just the way it is...

Two days ago I discovered an old sample, what I got at that time from a dear Parfuma to it. Namely, the beautiful Eau des Missions by Le Couvent.
I sprayed it out of interest once in the air and was blown away. Honestly. My goodness is this a beautiful vanilla.... So warm and soft. Simply heavenly..

Well anyway, I got my second shot yesterday. This time in the left arm, instead of the right like the first. I'm left-handed, but I do everything with my right hand - except writing - so the first vaccination was pretty stupid. But there is always a catch... The best place for me to fall asleep is on my left side...'. You should be happy that only your arm hurts, instead of worse side effects, but well, hours passed without sleep, because the side just hurt so much and I just couldn't fall asleep on the right, on my back and on my stomach.... Out of nowhere I got up and sprayed Eau des Missions on my wrist and laid back down.... Why? I don't know, but it relaxed me.

The vanilla smells so natural to me. I have so far experienced with no other vanilla fragrance.
A pleasant sweetness, with light herbal impact invites you to relax. From leather I do not really get what with. But would not have been bad.

My goodness is that a beautiful vanilla. What a pity that is no longer produced, because the really could have been MY to bed-go fragrance ...
Nice
It's a super beautiful thing! -And gets better and better the longer it's on the skin. Starts out like a simple vanilla, after a few hours it has a slightly powdery and creamy touch, and after a few more hours it goes towards geheinmissvoll. I don't know how much of "mysterious" I myself subconsciously devote to the label on the package, but it takes a little while for it to become a bit one with the skin, and when it's already fading, an exotic kind of layeredness still comes up. Until then, it's a super pleasant and not dark vanilla

Sweet boozy vanilla
It's a true gourmand scent. Makes me think of christmas time when I was kid, in the kitchen where the adults was making the dough and baking cookies with vanilla.

To me the scent it's a straight up a boozy (rum!), vanilla scent. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
It does not change much in the scent - it's very liniar on me.
It's my comfort / feel good scent from the late fall to end of the winter. Mostly use it for casual wear, while relaxing or reading books in the evening/night - it's just a nice warm and cozy scent.
The performace is good, I get 7-9+ hours and more if you give your cloth a spray or two.
Normally I use anything from 3 to 6-7 sprays, cause I like it so much.
Never had a compliment on this fragrance, so I wear it for myself, cause I love the vanilla scent and *makes me think happy thought* :-)

I can see it has gotten harder to find online, but have seen a few on the USA and European sites of Amazon and Ebay.
I paid around 30 Euros (incl. shipping) for a 250ml back in 2019.
Surprise
I had received a sample and immediately thought to myself, say that's Layton, but not so bright and spicy. It smells totally like freshly baked apple pie but in the pyramid is nothing of it. Really crazy ?

I sprayed it on my skin at noon around 1pm and it's 8pm and it's still very noticeable. Super price performance
Don't you think?
...that this fragrance bears a certain resemblance to Parfums de Marly Herod? When I applied it to my wrist, the first thought that came to my mind was: "moment Mal, that reminds me totally of ...".
After a while, the myrrh and benzoin come out, of course in warm accompaniment of vanilla, which clearly gives the opening.
I see this perfume definitely for winter / autumn and can be worn by both men and women, this also confirmed my 16 year old sister.
Silent heroes
Occasionally I wake up at night, can't get back to sleep right away, and then sometimes think about perfume. Outside of this forum I would not tell anyone. And so it was just once again: Sleepless in South-East Lower Saxony. On my wrist still a hint of Eau de Missions, my winter bedtime scent, which I had sprayed on a few hours before. Still as soothing and cuddly as the down comforter around me. Because this scent is made for the silence of the night.

My other fragrances lack this potential. They may be more expressive, have chicer bottles or better longevity. Eau de Missions has none of that, doesn't even have any development to speak of. At most, it's more layered when sprayed on, when it has that slightly alcoholic liqueur note. Like mixing Jägermeister with cough syrup and sugar and warming it up, at least that's how I imagine it. For the first few minutes, it even reminds me of the adorable Angelique Noir, which -unfortunately- I only know from testing it over and over again. But after 10 minutes at the latest, Eau de Missions has already reached that slightly sweet, vanilla-tart-spicy stage that I love so much. Protective and cuddly. And it stays that way, only getting softer and gone in the morning like a good, secret lover.

On that note, ceep calm and cheers to quiet heroes!
Sarahmuhl
Vanilla dream, cosiness, security.
These are the 3 aspects with which I associate this fragrance. I feel the same about Angelique Noir by Guerlain, which is my absolute favorite, dream scent. In the dry down I feel the similarity between the two scents is very strong and I'm glad to have found a cheap alternative that gives me the same comforting feeling. Even though this one will probably be very difficult to get soon.... i might have to get a back up...;)
Alright, now let's get to the actual scent. I find the scent has pretty little to do with the fragrance notes described. I smell here a strong, warm back vanilla with a nice rum share in the dry and somehow also something herbaceous (like Angelique Noir).
I like the intensity of the scent because it lasts forever on the skin and has decent sillage too.
Grab I Him yourselves, while you still come to it, I can only say there. :D
Rosenut
Slightly more linear than hoped for, but still proves its worth
Vanilla + Myrrh + etc. reads more complex excitingly than EdM has proved to be a blind buy for me: I perceive the fragrance as a fairly linear vanilla scent and was initially quite disappointed by it. I couldn't make out the strong myrrh aspect that others describe. It's only in comparison with other vanilla-laden scents that you learn to appreciate EdM. It is actually less sweet, more naturalistic and a bit smokier. I wear EdM to sleep
Vanillin
I really like fragrances that have a vanilla content but are not too aggressive. Therefore I started to search for them. At some point I loaded up at Eau des Missions and was fascinated.

Anyone who has experienced the sweet vanilla, which is usually known from early puberty school classes, will be disappointed. Instead, it's an adult, extremely powdery vanilla, which will certainly be perceived as musty by some. Personally, I like the straightforwardness of the scent, because it doesn't smell like vanilla sugar, but clear vanilla aroma.

The scent is comparable to the liquid vanilla extract that you can take for baking. It has an almost earthy effect and if you sniff the liquid, it also has some rum aroma that you can use for baking.

I find the fragrance special and like it, but you have to go for the vanilla kind if you're more of a fan of the sweet, girly vanilla (Impulse Vanilla from 1998).

The vanilla alcoholic
I am a huge fan of gourmand vanilla scents. This one was recommended to me by a friend of mine and I had to order a sample directly.

The opening is very alcoholic with a vanilla note. A little later the alcohol evaporates a bit and myrrh is added. A very interesting and heavily sweet scent, which I definitely only see in winter!

Durability and sillage are average and not very strong.

Considering the price, I can really only recommend every gourmand fan to try this scent.

LucymoartLucymoart 28 days ago
I own this years ago, but sold as don't make me nada. now on gourmand kick, find a bottle (decent price) and the juice is almost black100!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Eau des Missions is cozy boozy vanilla with a subtle cedar. Very close to Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Performance is weak. Perfect bed scent
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Sweet resinous vanilla, very close to Spiritueuse Double Vanille but with a subtle cedar note missing in Guerlain's fragrance.
CymCym 3 years ago
On me, equal parts cedar and boozy vanilla - something to bear in mind if your skin ramps up cedar notes. Nevertheless, calming & enjoyable.
Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
A beautiful, calming vanilla scent. I just wish it were stronger! It's basically a gentle vanilla whisper. Hauntingly sophisticated.

by ChatonNoir
by Sorceress
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular by Le Couvent

Tinharé by Le Couvent Eau des Minimes by Le Couvent Heliaca by Le Couvent Porto Bello by Le Couvent Valparaiso by Le Couvent Solano by Le Couvent Fort Royal by Le Couvent Eau de l'Angelus by Le Couvent Eau Aimable by Le Couvent Theria by Le Couvent Aqua Amantia by Le Couvent Aqua Millefolia by Le Couvent Kythnos by Le Couvent Smyrna by Le Couvent Aqua Imperi by Le Couvent Aqua Minimes by Le Couvent Anori by Le Couvent Hattaï by Le Couvent Eau Sereine by Le Couvent Aqua Solis by Le Couvent