Eau des Missions 2011

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent
Eau des Missions is a popular perfume by Le Couvent for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Herod

Vanilla, Gotu Kola, Myrrh, Benzoin, Chinese camellia, Virginia cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.04.2021.

Surprise
I had received a sample and immediately thought to myself, say that's Layton, but not so bright and spicy. It smells totally like freshly baked apple pie but in the pyramid is nothing of it. Really crazy ?

I sprayed it on my skin at noon around 1pm and it's 8pm and it's still very noticeable. Super price performance
Don't you think?
...that this fragrance bears a certain resemblance to Parfums de Marly Herod? When I applied it to my wrist, the first thought that came to my mind was: "moment Mal, that reminds me totally of ...".
After a while, the myrrh and benzoin come out, of course in warm accompaniment of vanilla, which clearly gives the opening.
I see this perfume definitely for winter / autumn and can be worn by both men and women, this also confirmed my 16 year old sister.
Silent heroes
Occasionally I wake up at night, can't get back to sleep right away, and then sometimes think about perfume. Outside of this forum I would not tell anyone. And so it was just once again: Sleepless in South-East Lower Saxony. On my wrist still a hint of Eau de Missions, my winter bedtime scent, which I had sprayed on a few hours before. Still as soothing and cuddly as the down comforter around me. Because this scent is made for the silence of the night.

My other fragrances lack this potential. They may be more expressive, have chicer bottles or better longevity. Eau de Missions has none of that, doesn't even have any development to speak of. At most, it's more layered when sprayed on, when it has that slightly alcoholic liqueur note. Like mixing Jägermeister with cough syrup and sugar and warming it up, at least that's how I imagine it. For the first few minutes, it even reminds me of the adorable Angelique Noir, which -unfortunately- I only know from testing it over and over again. But after 10 minutes at the latest, Eau de Missions has already reached that slightly sweet, vanilla-tart-spicy stage that I love so much. Protective and cuddly. And it stays that way, only getting softer and gone in the morning like a good, secret lover.

On that note, ceep calm and cheers to quiet heroes!
Sarahmuhl
Vanilla dream, cosiness, security.
These are the 3 aspects with which I associate this fragrance. I feel the same about Angelique Noir by Guerlain, which is my absolute favorite, dream scent. In the dry down I feel the similarity between the two scents is very strong and I'm glad to have found a cheap alternative that gives me the same comforting feeling. Even though this one will probably be very difficult to get soon.... i might have to get a back up...;)
Alright, now let's get to the actual scent. I find the scent has pretty little to do with the fragrance notes described. I smell here a strong, warm back vanilla with a nice rum share in the dry and somehow also something herbaceous (like Angelique Noir).
I like the intensity of the scent because it lasts forever on the skin and has decent sillage too.
Grab I Him yourselves, while you still come to it, I can only say there. :D
Rosenut
Slightly more linear than hoped for, but still proves its worth
Vanilla + Myrrh + etc. reads more complex excitingly than EdM has proved to be a blind buy for me: I perceive the fragrance as a fairly linear vanilla scent and was initially quite disappointed by it. I couldn't make out the strong myrrh aspect that others describe. It's only in comparison with other vanilla-laden scents that you learn to appreciate EdM. It is actually less sweet, more naturalistic and a bit smokier. I wear EdM to sleep
Vanillin
I really like fragrances that have a vanilla content but are not too aggressive. Therefore I started to search for them. At some point I loaded up at Eau des Missions and was fascinated.

Anyone who has experienced the sweet vanilla, which is usually known from early puberty school classes, will be disappointed. Instead, it's an adult, extremely powdery vanilla, which will certainly be perceived as musty by some. Personally, I like the straightforwardness of the scent, because it doesn't smell like vanilla sugar, but clear vanilla aroma.

The scent is comparable to the liquid vanilla extract that you can take for baking. It has an almost earthy effect and if you sniff the liquid, it also has some rum aroma that you can use for baking.

I find the fragrance special and like it, but you have to go for the vanilla kind if you're more of a fan of the sweet, girly vanilla (Impulse Vanilla from 1998).

The vanilla alcoholic
I am a huge fan of gourmand vanilla scents. This one was recommended to me by a friend of mine and I had to order a sample directly.

The opening is very alcoholic with a vanilla note. A little later the alcohol evaporates a bit and myrrh is added. A very interesting and heavily sweet scent, which I definitely only see in winter!

Durability and sillage are average and not very strong.

Considering the price, I can really only recommend every gourmand fan to try this scent.
Parfümlein
On the way to "my" vanilla fragrance - Vanilla fragrances in Advent 2019: 1 December
Uh... what's that out there? It doesn't matter. it's raining! How cold it is outside! I am in the process of preparing my rooms a little festively, discreetly, but comfortably and above all according to a fixed ritual: That's how it has to be every year, that's how it has to be and not differently. The Bach Christmas Oratorio is running and it's time for the first perfume test: Eau des Missions.

The very first second I perceive citrus, but that has vanished immediately and a warm, soft vanilla spreads out. It smells delicious and reminds me very much of the Christmas market. Not the smell of roasted almonds, which I don't notice at all, but a really stiff, hot grog. The feeling when the first sip is already warm inside, when you no longer feel your ice-cold feet and don't understand your counterpart because the carousel music is so loud - that's exactly the feeling I feel now. There appear to be grog or rum notes. That makes the vanilla so dark and so round. It appears completely closed, sweet, but softened by the Grog note. You wouldn't call this fragrance an obtrusive gourmand.

The effect on the skin is slightly creamy, a little oily, which I find very amazing at this price. Unfortunately, I find the Sillage very weak. I have to poke my nose against the skin to take some of the delicious scent with me, otherwise I would perceive it too weakly. It's risky to prefer a stronger Sillage if you don't want to lose sight of your fellow human beings, but I really want to perceive the vanilla scent, and I think that's too weak for me here. But delicious, wonderfully warm and somehow dark it smells without doubt. A fantastic fragrance, which I like very much.

One hour later: The shelf life is good, at least now the scent is still there! And surprise: He has developed quite a bit again! The vanilla has now made a connection with something that reminds me of a herbal soap, I'm spontaneously tempted to believe that I've noticed so many men sniffing. A tiny touch of a fine, slightly sweet shaving lotion is there, but really so incredibly discreet that I can only imagine it. But as I said, strong enough to take the gourmand away from vanilla and expand it in another direction while maintaining its fullness. It is still undoubtedly vanilla, but no longer grog vanilla, rather a kind of soft herbal vanilla. My associations now suddenly lead me to a library, an English one with a Chesterfield sofa. A reading gentleman, smoking - can that be the myrrh? - and drinking grog and fine perfumed. It's something like that, this aftershave note becomes clearer every minute. She's fine. Very fine.

What a wonderful and so subtle fragrance. Given the price, he's a direct hit. But it will probably not become my working vanilla scent, because it is a touch ZU discreet to me. I would like to perceive a tiny bit more at some distance from the spray spots. But the change that vanilla undergoes in Eau des Missions is impressive to me.

Conclusion: The first Advent gave me many vanilla impressions. Right at the end I believe that Eau des Missions is at least unisex, but maybe even a bit too little feminine for me.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Then you'll find me at "Vanilla" by Réminiscence!
Cuddly vanilla
As a small addition to my ordered fillings at ervin23 I got 2 samples of Eau des Missions. These have now also been subjected to a first test.
Immediately after spraying, you are wrapped in a dense, dark, smoky vanilla cloud. In the very dominant vanilla I also take a hint of spices on the edge, but without being able to specify what it is. Possibly this is the tiger herb which is listed in the fragrance pyramid. It's supposed to smell like parsley, which I can't really assign here. As the fragrance develops, the vanilla becomes lighter, warmer and sweeter with the help of benzoin and a combination of cedar woods. For my taste the vanilla development tends thankfully not towards cotton candy, but remains tolerably slightly vanilla-sweet. This is achieved with the added slightly smoky myrrh, which keeps the vanilla note in check and remains discreetly in the background throughout the whole process.
The durability is mediocre with 5-6 hours, the projection is rather considered as close to the body one. I can sign unisex from the classification, although not every man wants to smell so sweet of vanilla.
Application could find this fragrance in the colder months with a nice cup of hot tea with biscuits in the cozy home living room.
I'm sure you won't tear too big a hole in your wallet and so I can recommend Eau of the mission to anyone who is a fan of a cuddly vanilla scent.
Warm seducer
After being delighted with this fragrance in the last days and weeks from 3 different perfumers in the form of bottling or sampling, I had plenty of time (and material) to test this sweetheart.
I have in the time when the smell still extremely favorable to have was unfortunately too long with me gehadert because I was afraid that he is too sweet to me or too "over" like my accident with Heliotrope Blanc. For him 13 Euro were too good for me.
Super stupidly only that the smell shot up only short after it really in price. Then I left it all the more because I have fallen on the nose with blind purchases, as I said before, more often than not.

Through the rehearsals and bottlings I was now - thank God - converted.

After spraying on, the cuddly soft vanilla spreads immediately. Sweet, warm, melting. The way I love scents:)
As already described by many people, the fume later becomes a little smoky, spicy and resinous. However, these scents never gain the upper hand and only surround vanilla in an interesting and noble way. Towards the end it becomes quieter and quieter and then slowly creeps away. Excellent fragrance development. Please don't be angry with me, I really don't have much idea but I could have thought of it without knowing what it is maybe also for a Guerlain. So great I find the :-)

With me the fragrance lasts a splendid 10 hours with a really decent sillage. For an eau de cologne, I find that really remarkable.

I got weak after all and ordered 250ml in the bay for 13 Euro from GB. Zack, Boom, a new favorite in the collection. And again a price that is acceptable. Whereby one must say that also 30 Euro would still be given for this smell. Great love!

P.S I'm curious and want to test the Eau de L'Angelus now, which should be nice sweet. Maybe I'll get lucky someday:)

BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Eau des Missions is cozy boozy vanilla with a subtle cedar. Very close to Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Performance is weak. Perfect bed scent
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Sweet resinous vanilla, very close to Spiritueuse Double Vanille but with a subtle cedar note missing in Guerlain's fragrance.
CymCym 2 years ago
On me, equal parts cedar and boozy vanilla - something to bear in mind if your skin ramps up cedar notes. Nevertheless, calming & enjoyable.
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
A beautiful, calming vanilla scent. I just wish it were stronger! It's basically a gentle vanilla whisper. Hauntingly sophisticated.

by ChatonNoir
by Sorceress
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular Le Couvent

Tinharé by Le Couvent Eau des Minimes by Le Couvent Porto Bello by Le Couvent Heliaca by Le Couvent Valparaiso by Le Couvent Solano by Le Couvent Eau Aimable by Le Couvent Kythnos by Le Couvent Eau de l'Angelus by Le Couvent Fort Royal by Le Couvent Eau Sereine by Le Couvent Hattaï by Le Couvent Smyrna by Le Couvent Eau du Cloître by Le Couvent Eau des Mâtines by Le Couvent Aqua Millefolia by Le Couvent Nubica by Le Couvent Aqua Imperi by Le Couvent Aqua Mysteri by Le Couvent Aqua Minimes by Le Couvent