Porto Bello 2018

Porto Bello by Le Couvent
Porto Bello is a popular perfume by Le Couvent for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is resinous-sweet. It is being marketed by Colgate-Palmolive.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange zestOrange zest
Heart Notes Heart NotesDavanaDavana
Base Notes Base NotesFrankincenseFrankincense CognacCognac

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 27.05.2022.

A perfume of contrasts
Le Couvent is a perfume house that uses high quality ingredients for the main notes of the fragrance and is under the artistic direction of Jean Claude Ellena, one of the greatest perfumers we had. Porto Bello is a perfume rich of contrasts: warm and fresh, dark and light. If you are interested into hearing more details about this perfume and others from the Le Couvent line, please watch my dedicated review video on Youtube.

A very pleasant surprise
This perfume was a very pleasant surprise. It is the first perfume of the brand that I try and it exceeded my expectations.

The first thing I smell is a sweet and delicious orange, which leads into bitter orange, incense and benzoin as it progresses, with bitter orange and incense being the predominant notes on my skin. On the dry down, I detect a certain aroma of pipe tobacco. It seems very elegant and has something magical that I can't place. Absolutely unisex, though perhaps a touch more masculine, ideal for fall and winter.

Projection and duration are surprisingly good which gives it a very good value for money. Some comment that it is a dupe of Halfeti by Penhaligon's. I can't say anything about that as I don't know Halfeti, but if it's true, I'll definitely have to try it....
The mob is happy
Many of you think that where it says "Amouage" on it, there is genius in it. These are the same people who don't understand that Roncadin supplies both Landliebe and Aldi Nord with vanilla ice cream. The best ingredients at drastically different prices to give the hierarchical pseudo-superiority of the supposed upper class satisfaction. What is the result? Good products get bad reviews because you prefer to adorn yourself with the emperor's new clothes without realizing that you are becoming the absolute village idiot.
Porto Bello is one of the perfumes that surprises me most positively this year. Seen at Kaufhof, immediately impressed by the appealing presentation, I was one of the first to spray the fragrance from this store. Frankincense suits me very well, it works well with my skin and I find it special, different, unconventional. Porto Bello starts with a warm, spicy incense-vanilla blend, it has almost a gourmand quality. The orange that is added is subtle; I rather perceive a certain sweetness, but this does not overlay the incense either. I like this very much, because the scent reminds me of a somewhat sweeter Black Cashmere by Donna Karan, and this one has unfortunately been discontinued. So with Porto Bello I am floating on clouds that were thought to be lost. Most people probably associate Sardinia with the term; but funny enough, there is also a district in Dublin called Portobello and I have to say that Ireland is not only closer to me than Italy, I also find the fragrance very Irish, wild in the heart and rawly charming. By the way, the perfume lasts as long as an Irish night in a pub with a stormy silage. So while you continue to refine your toilet paper with Amouage, I enjoy my elegant bargain - I bet I smell better than you

DarkbeatDarkbeat 2 years ago
Strange start, like ash with citrus, then it becomes beautiful, orange and incense, soft and elegant, calm, good duration and moderate wake.
DPArtistDPArtist 3 years ago
An alluringly smooth balsamic fragrance, it's quite linear to me but very good. I get the impression of smoky yet creamy vanillic amber.

by PontNeuf
by PontNeuf

Popular by Le Couvent

Eau des Missions by Le Couvent Tinharé by Le Couvent Eau des Minimes by Le Couvent Valparaiso by Le Couvent Solano by Le Couvent Heliaca by Le Couvent Fort Royal by Le Couvent Eau de l'Angelus by Le Couvent Eau Aimable by Le Couvent Theria by Le Couvent Aqua Amantia by Le Couvent Aqua Millefolia by Le Couvent Kythnos by Le Couvent Smyrna by Le Couvent Aqua Minimes by Le Couvent Anori by Le Couvent Hattaï by Le Couvent Eau Sereine by Le Couvent Nubica by Le Couvent Aqua Solis by Le Couvent