Peau de Bête - Eau de Peau 2015

Peau de Bête - Eau de Peau by Liquides Imaginaires
Peau de Bête - Eau de Peau is a perfume by Liquides Imaginaires for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is animal-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

CamomileCamomile
CypriolCypriol
AmyrisAmyris
Leathery notesLeathery notes
StyraxStyrax
Sweet vernal grass absoluteSweet vernal grass absolute
Ambrarome absoluteAmbrarome absolute
CastoreumCastoreum
CivetCivet
Skatole

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.07.2021.

According to the manufacturer, this fragrance does not have a heart note.

Not in the flesh
If you read some of the comments here, you might think that with Peau de Bête, the incarnate with his sulphur smell would be standing in front of you. To say it right away: That is not the case. But frankly, it was exactly these negative comments that made me want to try the scent.

@Tanninaz was kind enough to let me have a lavish bottling at a reasonable price. Many thanks for this! Now it lay already some weeks with me, and I had tested it only once briefly. The first impression was "It's not that bad!". At first it reminded me a bit of Far NWest, but it was much more wearable. Today I really put it on.

Without question, Peau de Bête has nothing sweet. Nothing at all. Nothing. Nada. Niente. If you're looking for that, you've come to the wrong perfume. But some notes give it a very woody, spicy, fresh quality. I like that. The first time I sprayed it, I got the association of herb garden. The cumin is also there and gives the fragrance something dirty. But in a very pleasant way.

After a short time, the leather notes also begin to set in. From then on I feel transported to a place. I cannot describe him exactly. But there's something homely about him. It smells of leather seats. Not the really expensive ones. The place is more like a simple café than an expensive suite. And all the while, it maintains that freshness
The animal notes, on the other hand, remain very much in the background. Without question, they contribute to the overall impression, but they blend in rather well rather than being overpowering. The most dominant is, as I said, cumin, which I consider to be a bit of a "planty animal" scent.

I really like Peau de Bête overall. He is not the animalistic boss. There are quite others that I find more challenging, for example my signature scent Ambilux by Marlou, Hyrax by Zoologist and last but not least Far NWest by Phoenicia with its skunk chord. All three have notes of different human secretions. Peau de Bête completely lacks this. But there is something intangible about it, as @Ragadoodles correctly writes. I'd like to quote them here in conclusion. She writes in her comment:

"For me PdB is a fragrance full of security, confidence, intimate familiarity and strength
My everything will be fine Scent."

I couldn't put it better. This is exactly the feeling the scent gives me when I wear it. Maybe it's the animal notes that do their work in the background. I know the feeling of Ambilux, and there they definitely are
I feel very comfortable in this animal skin!

Masterpiece, hidden gem...
This is a masterpiece guys ! This fragrance has no heart notes and the way it smells sooo unique so artistic, earthy leathery..really gives you the smell lf wet grass in a foggy winter morning in the countryside ( not the best smell and in fact its abit daring but that smell has fortunatly a polished character which makes it wearable ) ..its a piece of art, you can wear it or not but it is. Its not about quality or performance its just ART.

I reccomend to smell this one if you like Musc Ravageur

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
This rather pungent and challenging, animalic smoky spicy-green fragrance, settles to a more gentle animalic/leathery, dry earthy-woody base

by Jensemann
by Jensemann
Regalfoto nach Test

Popular Liquides Imaginaires

Fortis - Eau Delà by Liquides Imaginaires Sancti - Eau Delà by Liquides Imaginaires Dom Rosa - Eau Sanguine by Liquides Imaginaires Succus - Eau Arborante by Liquides Imaginaires Île Pourpre - Eau Imaginaire by Liquides Imaginaires Saltus - Eau Arborante by Liquides Imaginaires Bloody Wood - Eau Sanguine by Liquides Imaginaires Belle Bête - Eau de Peau by Liquides Imaginaires Lacrima by Liquides Imaginaires Tapis Volant - Eau de L'Est by Liquides Imaginaires Tumultu - Eau Delà by Liquides Imaginaires Fleuve Tendre - Eau Imaginaire by Liquides Imaginaires Desert Suave - Eau Imaginaire by Liquides Imaginaires Fleur de Sable - Eau de L'Est by Liquides Imaginaires Buveur de Vent - Eau de L'Est by Liquides Imaginaires Bello Rabelo - Eau Sanguine by Liquides Imaginaires Melancolia by Liquides Imaginaires Tellus - Eau Arborante by Liquides Imaginaires Phantasma by Liquides Imaginaires Beauté du Diable - Eau de L'Âme by Liquides Imaginaires