Bed of Roses 2019

Bed of Roses by Maison Sybarite
Bed of Roses is a perfume by Maison Sybarite for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Antoine Lie

IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood
PatchouliPatchouli
Tolu balmTolu balm

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.08.2021.

Stunning Stuffy Surprise
This came as a free sample with an order, so I wasn’t expecting what happened when I sprayed it on my wrist. A milky stream ran down my arm, followed by a truly unique and delightful waft of earthy rose beauty up my nose.

Not believing it, I sniffed again. Whoa! Beautiful! No immeditate breathing problems or stuffy nose or urge to sneeze.

What IS this? I think I smell saffron, balsam, tonka supporting one of the most beautiful roses ever! Looking up the notes … yes, saffron and cardoman and two citrus mesmerizers in the top. (Please, nose, don’t close). À succulent Damascene rose and Iris in the heart.

Oh, shucks, there’s something synthetic here! Is it a deal breaker? (Maybe not. I can still breathe.)

Two aromatic woods and fragrant Tolu balsam in the base support this composition.

Unfortunately, for me, the verdict is mixed. The scent is wildly beautiful, but so far I do have trouble from whatever synthetics are here. What a shame! I feel like getting on my knees and begging this perfumer to double the price, if need be, but to please make a breathable version of this lovely, lovely rose!

In case this is a fluke, I’ll try it again another day. If synthetics don’t bother you and you love rose, fly to test this or even blind buy.

Milky Rose
I bought a decant through a perfume subscription site, a total blind buy with hopes I’d have it before Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately, it didn’t arrive by then. But I digress.
This perfume is milky white and every so slightly sticky upon spray. It was a little bit surprising. It literally looks like milk.
The roses are mature, big and velvety, luxurious. There’s a sort of spice lying beneath them, a warm, inviting scent that keeps me constantly smelling my wrists. There’s cardamom in the beginning, but it ends after 25 minutes or so.

For a rose scent, this one is pretty impressive. It’s not a sickening smell at all. The patchouli and cedarwood help soften the rose in layers of interest. It’s also somewhat of a sexy rose due to the “spices.” The end has no more rose, but a sensual, warm, woody spice that invites closeness.

Overall, I’d have to say this is now my favorite rose perfume because of the complexity of it. There are other nice rose scents, but not as mature and sexy. This is a win for me!

Longevity great at 8 hours, sillage is great for a while, and then hugs the body—but don’t overspray!

ScentwitchScentwitch 11 months ago
Mature rose, a fully ripe bloom with an underlying spice makes this rose perfume a non-traditional take on the normal cloying rose. Love it!

Popular Maison Sybarite

Spicy Calabria by Maison Sybarite Amber Gaze by Maison Sybarite Opulent Wood by Maison Sybarite 720 by Maison Sybarite