Falcon Leather 2019

Falcon Leather by Matière Première
8.3 / 10 372 Ratings
Falcon Leather is a popular perfume by Matière Première for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is leathery-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

SaffronSaffron Spanish labdanumSpanish labdanum Finnish birch tarFinnish birch tar Benzoin Siam absoluteBenzoin Siam absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.02.2023.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Incredibly beautiful blend!
Wow, Matiere Premiere has outdone itself with Falcon Leather.

I have a few leather scents in the collection but none have captivated me as much as this one.

In the beginning dominates quite clearly the leather note with the saffron,but not intrusive.
In the course of the fragrance, the leather note goes a bit into the backround and it unfolds a beautiful Warm fragrance that is completely its own.

I am absolutely in love with the fragrance, it lasts and lasts and is space engaging but that never intrusive! Sahnt many compliments ab.

Once again a great fragrance from Matiere Premiere.
Helpful Review 6
Seductive-elegant leather dream
With Falcon Leather Matiere Premiere has succeeded a wonderful leather fragrance creation that has absolutely fascinated me.
Fruit chords or a dissolute sweetness, with which one is confronted with some other known leather creation, one looks here in vain.

What makes Falcon Leather above all is that the dominant, breathtakingly beautiful leather note in the course of the fragrance is increasingly framed by the creaminess of benzoin, without losing its potent fragrance character or drifting into a slaying sweetness.
One should definitely not be put off by the "animalic" suggested by the name, because the fragrance remains for me, especially in the colder months, an absolutely versatile wearable fragrance that is elegant and seductive at the same time.
The durability is, who would be surprised at Matiere Premiere, just great and the sillage is extreme in the first hours and is somewhat tamed after a few hours, but remains at all times in the environment perceptible.

For leather fans an absolute treat!

Helpful Review 5
A must try leather!
It passed a good amount of time since fragrance was something more than just a nice scent for me. Time to break this spell guys because this is gorgeous!

The start is dense, high-end leather jacket with a facet of darkness by finnish birch tar that slowly transcends into marvelous combination of saffron, benzoin and spanish labdanum which gives sorta sweety, woody, ambery touch to the whole composition. Evolving for the whole time!

Longevity is monster here, 10 hours, at least on my skin with moderate sillage leaning heavy. For example, never cared too much for compliments wearing fragrances but I sprayed it for the first time and went for a lunch and soon whole restaurant staff came to me wanting to know what was the fragrance I had.
Definitely a fragrance with many dimensions, and personally my favorite from the house, next to the Encens Suave!

I said I won't compare perfume houses in my posts but in this case I will make an exception because I think it's a big compliment for the house of Matiere Premiere - can't help but notice that the dry-down of Falcon Leather reminds a bit of vintage cuir, leather fragrances by one of my favorite houses - Guerlain.

BIG kudos for making this one Aurelien Guichard!

Cannot wait to get some more fragrances from the house, especially to try the new one with Oud which is supposed to be a Harrods exclusive from what I've heard!

A perfume for Batman
If I always thought that Interlude Man is a scent for Dracula then the Falcon Leather is for sure a scent for Batman, if you ask me.

It is quite a few levels up in intensity versus all the other great leathers on the market like Aqua di Parma Leather or Tuscan Leather. The high quality leather note is then amped by this tar, black dark tar and rounded up with some saffron.

I like complex, strong scents but this one is too much for me .. could not enjoy it in the same way as I enjoy the ashtray notes of Tuscan Leather as example.

The fact that I would not buy a bottle, says nothing about the high quality and the mastery which Aurelien Guichard has put into creating this complex scent. Please check below my thought about it, in the full house presentation.

Falcon & Leather
As the name says it’s Falcon & Leather.

Falcon is known for its sharp eyes and this is what you will get from the opening of the package, you get sharp waves of high quality smokey Leather blended beautifully with Saffron and Labdanum with earthy oud-like drydown.

I believe this scent is not a safe buy if you don’t like the leathery scent.

From a longevity perspective, it behaves differently between my skin and clothes. In the first 2-3 hours my skin had a strong scent, after that it faded a bit but you still can smell it near your skin. On clothes this was a surprise for me, it lasted over 6 hours and after that the smell is still there but it’s quiet.

Projection also is quite good and can be considered above average.
More reviews

3 short views on the fragrance
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Typical "oud" accord with this leather oriental vibe that you find in many other releases. Oud Essentiel from Guerlain came to mind. Just ok
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 3 months ago
Very loud and dark. The saffron/warm spicy accords are basically invisible, it's leather followed by oud-smoky. Masculine (older), winter.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
In the opening, a slightly animalic leather, smoky, with saffron and a hint of ambery sweetness. A warm, creamy, earthy oud-like drydown.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

15 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Matière Première

Radical Rose by Matière Première Encens Suave by Matière Première Oud Seven by Matière Première Bois d'Ébène by Matière Première Parisian Musc by Matière Première Crystal Saffron by Matière Première French Flower by Matière Première Santal Austral by Matière Première Néroli Oranger by Matière Première Cologne Cédrat by Matière Première