Néroli Oranger 2019

Néroli Oranger by Matière Première
Néroli Oranger is a perfume by Matière Première for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Tunisian orange blossom absoluteTunisian orange blossom absolute Lebanese neroliLebanese neroli Italian bergamotItalian bergamot Comorian ylang-ylangComorian ylang-ylang MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.04.2022.

BeginswithaJ
That one uplifting friend that will never let you go
Love fresh summer scents, but bored of Neroli Portofino and your Aqua di Parmas? Here's your next perfume for life!

In short: simply a-ma-zing creamy fresh and dry neroli that lasts unexpectedly long on skin. To some it might lean too much toward fabric softener, to others this is pure summer bliss. Personally, I couldn't keep my nose off the damned thing.

When I was younger, we had this TV commercial for a laundry detergent where a helicopter pulled out a gigantic blindingly white sheet of cotton fabric from a massive washing machine in the middle of the sun-kissed Swiss Alps mountains. This is exactly how I think that commercial should smell. The neroli flowers are so natural and bright here that it reminds me walking through the gardens of Moroccan or Turkish fortress gardens in spring, when all the orange trees are in full bloom. If that doesn't make you happy, I don't know what will.

Néroli Oranger says hello with a tiny dab of citrus notes, without them getting dominant. Then a lot, and I mean a lot(!) of the most natural creamy, bright and fresh neroli I've ever smelled, on a bed of subdued dry chalky undertones to hold it all together. Some jasmin-like notes will peep through after a little while, and it will receive a smidge of floral musky funk once the fragrance dies down. It's like happy cuddles in a bottle.

On the whole though, it's a very linear fragrance. Which is a good thing, trust me! It's no complex beast, but that actually makes it more elegant. The freshness holds up throughout the day and 8 hours later there's still neroli in the air. Even in the morning I could still smell it on my skin almost unchanged, which is quite unique for my dryer skin type that normally soaks up perfumes like a sponge. It sticks to you like one of those water proof band-aids.

the sillage is way more pronounced than most cologne-like scents and seems to pierce the air with determination, without becoming obtrusive. It's more of a gentle but confident caress and takes an impressive amount of time before returning to a life much closer to the skin. Especially for a fragrance this light.

I've tested this for a while now, and am I going to buy this? Yes! Should you? yes!!

Neroli showdown in autumn 2020
Hello orange blossom fans and those who want to become one.
Autumn is here, winter is coming and who still thinks of a typical summery fresh neroli scent? Maybe for 2021? Or the "Gehtimmerduft" for notorious orange blossom lovers? There are thousands of them. But most of them not so great and not available for Lau.
More expensive offshoots have to be convincing here.
BVLGARI tried to do it and Tom Ford tried to do it long before that. YSL, Chanel, Prada and Co. are happy to sell us 200€ Neroli bottles from their exclusive series.
Do I have to?
Personally, I know and had felt 50 different and yet often very similar Nerolide fragrances. From 10 to 300€.

Who knows my reviews, knows that I always like to have close doubles compete against each other.
Today:

Néroli Oranger
From Matière Premiere
VS.
Atelier des Fleurs - Neroli
from Chloe.

Result?
Matiere Premiere is clearly weaker on the chest with Sillage as well as longevity.
Chloe can make it a good six hours in here.
Chloe appears more feminine, less green and herbaceous. Honey yellow seems to be neroli oranges. The Chloe rather orange with pink. It seems more powdery, noble and less "4711 Cologne" heavy.
Chloe is just a bit ahead of the rest, although I don't find that "old-fashioned nostalgic" feeling in the Neroli Oranger. It's more modern, but a little more chemical. Ylang Ylang I only feel homeopathic.

I think I'd take Chloe. Unfortunately, I already have a neroli favorite from V&A.
It is and remains unrivalled.

Place where the duelists were found: Hamburg Alsterhaus and the new Douglas next to it.

RazvanykeRazvanyke 3 months ago
Not my cup of Neroli, I think there are better alternatives. It starts nice and natural with orange and neroli, but will fly away as fast.
MrLawmanMrLawman 10 months ago
A delightful, short-lived feeling of purified citrus freshness that wins our hearts, but unfortunately disappoints in the dry down.

Popular by Matière Première

Falcon Leather by Matière Première Radical Rose by Matière Première Encens Suave by Matière Première Bois d'Ébène by Matière Première Parisian Musc by Matière Première Santal Austral by Matière Première Oud Seven by Matière Première French Flower by Matière Première Cologne Cédrat by Matière Première