Parisian Musc 2019

Parisian Musc by Matière Première
7.9 / 10 180 Ratings
Parisian Musc is a popular perfume by Matière Première for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-green. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Peruvian ambrette seedPeruvian ambrette seed Virginia cedarVirginia cedar Fig leafFig leaf AmbrettolideAmbrettolide AmbroxanAmbroxan

Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.01.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Urban musk
As much as I enjoy the muskiness of ambrette, I hate how I can get noseblind to it. This happened to me with Le Cri a lot. It took me a while to deal with it and fully experience its scent. With Parisian Musc I also get those blackout moments, although much less than with Le Cri.

The musky ambrette is not paired with iris for a change. It goes with some green notes and a light woody background. The scent stays in this sphere of green, woods and musk without much development. Kind of minimalist, but effective.

Comparisons with Santal 33 Eau de Parfum make sense, even without sandalwood and that 'dill pickle' note. Parisian Musc clearly follows its own path, but it does have that airy-woody profile and fits right in the 'urban' trend set by Santal 33. Actually, if I was to choose between these two I would have a slight preference for Parisian Musc. Mainly because of its fresh-green opening and emphasis on the ambrette muskiness.

Helpful Review 4
The green diamond
Let me start by saying, figbased scents are usually not my cup of tea. They usually get too cloying for me, but this one from the premium house Matiere Premiere is in a league of it´s own.

The quality ingredients are obvious, it´s so smooth and well blended. It´s a milky, rich fig, green and with an undertone of coconut which gives a beautiful fragrance. I´ve seen comparisons with Diptyques Philosykos, but there´s a woody base here which makes the whole fragrance a natural cross between the aformentioned and Santal 33, just much better in my opinion.

On a personal level there´s a relaxing feeling to this one, makes me want to drift away and just be a part of it, so, so, good. Brings promises of a more relaxed and more natural world.

This is such a wonderful fragrance, primairly for the warmer months but really can be used all year round. I am very impressed with Matiere Premieres offerings so far, natural, classy and with a broad selection of fragrances.

Highly recommended stuff.

Razvanyke
A very nice mix of safe bets
I think that Fig leaves and the fig milk are so pleasant and addictive as smells that it is almost impossible to add their aroma to a scent and not make it become a success.

See: Fico di Amalfi from ADP which has a longevity of 6 minutes how popular it is, especially to the fig note and the citruses too.

I think Santal 33 is one of nicest and natural smelling fragrances on the market so to mix this smooth smell with the fig and add ambroxan to it, it is nothing short of a genius move.

Parisian Musc has also ambrette seeds which will give a musky aspect, like the perfumer says on the website of Matiere Premiere .. so another layer of goodness comes into the discussion.

On the skin or clothes, for me it feels a bit "try too hard" and I am not sure if I really consider this as a fair candidate to be into my collection, but with time I will see if it grows on me.

3 short views on the fragrance
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 3 months ago
Spring-summer woody-green-aromatic. Opens like Philosykos, drydown creamy cedar w/ fig (a bit like a body cream). Unisex, leans feminine.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Diptyque Philosykos mixed with Le Labo Santal 33. Green, creamy, woody, with a hint of freshness. Well-blended with a good performance.
MrLawmanMrLawman 2 years ago
On a sultry evening in Paris

The infectious cheerfulness of the people

Which expresses itself in a sensual, warm musky scent

Very nice ;)

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Matière Première

Radical Rose by Matière Première Falcon Leather by Matière Première Encens Suave by Matière Première Oud Seven by Matière Première Bois d'Ébène by Matière Première Crystal Saffron by Matière Première French Flower by Matière Première Santal Austral by Matière Première Néroli Oranger by Matière Première Cologne Cédrat by Matière Première