Santal Austral 2019

Santal Austral by Matière Première
Santal Austral is a popular perfume by Matière Première for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-creamy. It is still available to purchase.

Australian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood Almond milkAlmond milk Florentine iris absoluteFlorentine iris absolute Benzoin Siam absoluteBenzoin Siam absolute Venezuelan tonka bean absoluteVenezuelan tonka bean absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.05.2022.

Creamy goodness with Tonka
Like it says on the bottle, we talk here about Australian Sandalood which gives a very nice, inoffensive and creamy aspect to the composition.

It reminds me a bit of Sily Woods from Goldfield and Banks and to be honest they are both extremely high quality and natural smelling. The beautiful sandalwood note which Santal 33 has is not to be found here, maybe it is mixed so well with the other ingredients and it does not pop up like in Le Labo.

Sweet, romantic, shy and close to the skin sandalwood is not the summary which I would like for my perfume and unfortunately Santal Austral is matching the profile exactly. I like Silky Woods more, with its stronger projection and character.

But of course, smelling the Matiere Premiere from a paper will not offer the full spectrum of the scent as spraying it on the skin will .. so this review will be edited, in case things change.

On silent soles
Actually, I just wanted to write a statement, but due to the only feedback under this fragrance so far, I want to leave some more love here!

I have tested all the fragrances of the brand for several days. Right from the start, I was excited about the special twists that are added to each central ingredient. First, I reached for Parisian Musc and Radical Rose, certain that I would like them - which I did. While I like Bois d'ébène and Encens Suave just as insanely, not on me, but sniffing the vial or my husband. So when I tried to pick a favorite for myself, after a moment's thought my husband said "Santal Austral", which at first made me let out a "waaaas?" drifting into high glissando. I like sandalwood - but it irritated me. His answer (he has a good nose, let me tell you): "This one has something special, it suits you better! So I paid more attention to it, thought about it, and sure enough, I can't think of any that smells like it either. And that's probably why I was first drawn to the scents that gave me instant memories, while this one waited quietly and patiently for me.

About the scent: of all the scents from the brand, this one is the quietest on my skin. The sandalwood takes center stage, sitting by the fireplace with a book from start to finish. The almond milk and tonka bean bring sweetness for the cool season. The iris brings in a delicate contrast, a smile. The benzoin gives a nice base. In the course, everything is perceptible, and I can't incorporate which season specifically makes it bloom - because due to the restraint, it always goes. The wearer decides then with his/her/its preferences; however, potential is given around the year.

This fragrance will soon enter my collection. When I sniff it, I feel at home, a smile flits across my face

JvorlicekJvorlicek 16 days ago
Sweetened wood drowned in a glass of milk
Ka3nKa3n 1 year ago
Beautiful creamy milky sandalwood with astonishing blending. Tonka is supporting the woodiness well in here. Need a large bottle asap

by Dandrobe
by Dandrobe
by Anotherfrag
by Anotherfrag
by Wayofscent
by Wayofscent

Popular by Matière Première

Radical Rose by Matière Première Falcon Leather by Matière Première Encens Suave by Matière Première Bois d'Ébène by Matière Première Parisian Musc by Matière Première Oud Seven by Matière Première French Flower by Matière Première Néroli Oranger by Matière Première Cologne Cédrat by Matière Première