Art Land - Tiger's Nest 2018

Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris
Art Land - Tiger's Nest is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Absinth, Aldehydes, Lime, Amber, Saffron, Frankincense absolute, Osmanthus, Ylang-ylang, Rose, Papyrus, Vanilla, Tolu balm

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.01.2021.

Nice frustration
A really nice fragrance. I like every phase. The massive scratchy absinthe incense opening, to the beautiful balsamic drydown. Vanilla amber with meditative dominant tolu balsam. I particularly like this one. So good that I definitely wanted a whole bottle

Now for the frustration:
AGAIN, yes this is not the first time this has happened to me, the tester, the sample, is in a different formulation/quality than the full purchased bottle. I have already given up complaining to the manufacturers, because then always come comments anyway, such as : "Your nose has become accustomed to it and smells nothing more, that can happen."

Ok apart from this dilemma, I have to say that the fragrance was already not super durable and my desert skin drinks it as if it had not gotten any liquid for three months. Especially for the original price. Since you can still put a few euros for an Amouage on it and has Bombenfeste quality. Fortunately, I bought the bottle here at a much cheaper price in the souk, that still does not change my frustration. I like to pay another 200 euros on it if I get my promised quality for it.

Ok, back to the full bottle frustration: here the shelf life is even more limited than the fragrance was anyway. The beautiful balsamic drydown almost doesn't come out at all as in my samples, which I still have for comparison, and sours in my skin within no time. My impression is really as if I had acquired a good-smelling water here.

I find the actual drydown so nice, if anyone here can think of a similar scent with a very similar drydown please report. I will be looking around for an alternative.
Jazzbob
The gentle side of the predator
This scent is not that of the tiger itself, but of the moment in which it rests vigilant and yet there is an inherent danger, because the predator is aware of its sublimity at all times. In Tiger's Nest, gentleness and strength, warmth and darkness merge with each other, creating a thoroughly mysterious aura.

Memo hasn't really interested me so far because - with a few exceptions - I'm not a big fan of leather and that's actually the brand's flagship. But this summer in Florence I succumbed to the beauty of the city as well as to the beauty of this perfume
Frankincense as the central note is often a little too harsh and dry for me, but Aliénor Massenet has managed to give this slightly sacral note a completely different twist with spicy and balsamic notes. Tiger's Nest is warm, enveloping, dark, but especially at the beginning it has a subtle green facet in the form of absinthe. I only perceive the floral notes very subtly, but they certainly give the fragrance more body. The dryness of the papyrus' is only minimally accentuated, while tolu balsam and a hint of vanilla create a more sensual and cosy atmosphere and fortunately are only accompanied by a very slight sweetness.

The texture of this rather linear fragrance is so dense that I find it difficult to filter out further notes clearly. In any case, I particularly associate with it the color black, but also nuances of green, yellow and brown. It can be perceived on the skin for a really long time and also creates a quite strong silage over many hours. Therefore it falls best into the categories 'evening' and 'special occasions'. Since I also have a slightly wistful side to it, I have written down a few more lines:
A gentle yet decisive step,
one last look and there is no way back.

Like a tiger, you roam alone in the dark Holding on to you - a pointless attempt.
Only at night do your eyes sparkle,
while silence envelops us like a silken cloth
The graceful stride includes much more
than the limited space it visibly occupies;
i miss walking in him too much while our time is running out far too quickly
Even if you draw bigger circles than me,
i want to be the victim of all your beauty But if you flee for your freedom i don't have the courage and I can't catch up with you
When I met you, I was unaware of the danger A tiger is like a cat only in its sleep.
1001 night...
scheherezade lies on the tiger skin, her long slender fingers playing with a sparkling topaz. she looks into the fire in a pensive way.
it smells of her skin, saffron spicy.
flower petals exude the melancholic breath of first withering.
a fine sharpness lies in the air... her clever narrow eyes are lurking on the sultan. when she moves silently like a cat, heat and paper vanilla steams from her silk veil.
the chain above the nose clashes quietly,
her breath, amber warm, puts the sultan in shimmering restlessness
a breath of unpredictable danger runs through the room
a candle burns up hissing....

by Babylon
by Babylon
by Montexx
by Montexx

Popular Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Paris Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Art Land - Sintra by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Paris