Art Land - Winter Palace 2019

Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris
Art Land - Winter Palace is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.

OrangeOrange
BergamotBergamot
Red teaRed tea
MatéMaté
GrapefruitGrapefruit
AmberAmber
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Psotka, last update on 23.07.2021.

Dragon flavored tea
Hello, snoopers. Welcome to my latest commentary. Today is about a fragrance that I finally tested to get peace of mind from a few questions, such as:

Parfuma: Have you finally tested the fragrance?
Me: Not yet!

Parfuma: Have you tried the fragrance yet?
Me: Not yet!

Parfuma: Did I even send you the fragrance?
Me: YES!

Parfuma: Did you finally test the fragrance then?
Me: NO!

He he, yeah that's about how it went down I guess. And if you want to know which fragrance it is: It is "Winter Palace" from the Art Land series of Memo Paris. You might know Memo Paris, they are those fragrances in the really great designed bottles that immediately attract attention. The Art Land series is dedicated, so to speak, to the creativity of people all over the world, especially places and landscapes that are worked on or artificially created. And this one is about the imperial dragon, which, according to the description, rises above the Great Wall of China. This is probably also associated with scents that go well with eastern regions, such as tea and mate. Well then let's see how the fragrance smells so, tea sounds thereby of course as always quite great :)

The fragrance:
To start you smell fine red tea, but especially citrus scents, so lemon and better yet grapefruit. A slight sweetness is also present, that could be the amber, but I do not yet know for sure. For a while it smells as described, which is great as it makes the scent come across as quite fresh. As it progresses the tea notes seem to blend, at least for me it's not so clear anymore whether I'm smelling red tea or more mate after all, I'm probably smelling a mix of both scents. The grapefruit weakens a bit, but the orange becomes stronger, which also has a great, citrusy, but also slightly bitter scent. A touch of amber seems to be present after all, but this is still quite weak.
In the base, the fragrance actually smells the same. The teen notes are perhaps a tad stronger, amber is now more clearly present, albeit faintly, although sweetish notes come through well, but this is also due to the vanilla. Otherwise, it's hard to discern specific scents well, as everything is a bit too blended together and also emanates a bit faintly. Nevertheless, a nice fragrance.

The sillage and the durability:
I'm not sure why the sillage got such a good rating here on Parfumo, but I don't find it soo strong now that I would give, say, seven points to it. Well, seven points to me means that it's already quite smellable, but with this scent here I think you'd have to get a little closer to smell it well, as both the teen notes and the citrusy scents tend to emanate a little more faintly. The durability is quite good, as the fragrance lasted eight hours and a bit longer on me.

The bottle:
The bottle has been designed in a great way, as always. It's rectangular, black and has a large yellow area on which you can see a Chinese dragon rising in black and white (and a little blue). Finished off with a gold plated lid. All in all, a very nice bottle with a great motif.

Conclusion:
Soo, so I find the fragrance already succeeded. Not the Oberknaller, but still quite nice, whose price I find too daunting, however (75 ml cost between 150-180 euros). In addition, the fragrance offers me a little too little and is also not so intense in its charisma, although this is of course always a matter of taste. Tom Ford's Mandarino di Amalfi costs similarly expensive and is even twice as weak,... nevertheless, I have the Tom Ford fragrance, because I like mandarins so :D
Anyway, I like the teen notes here, and also the slight sweetness (but which might actually seem a bit "bubblegum-like" to some, at least in the heart note, as some have described it here as well. I don't think that's a bad thing though, apart from that I find the sweetness more "normal" again later on). So the scent is fresh and sweet, and unlike the name "Winter Palace" suggests, I don't think the scent is a pure winter scent. Rather, it is an all-rounder that could be worn at any time, although it might even come across better on warmer days due to the fresh notes and the low sillage, with which one could probably hardly notice the scent on cold winter days. By the way, he is not a Ausgehduft, but for me more so a fragrance for leisure or a fragrance that you could use everyday.

As I said, the fragrance is quite nice, but it still lacks that certain something (at least for me) to be perfect or at least to come with me on the wish list. But I still think that he is worth a test in any case.

And that's it again from me. I am now already curious, with which fragrances one will still so annoy me, so that I finally test this, he he :D
So then, have all a nice evening, see you :)
Connie
Spicy/Fruity ... A masterpiece of Memo.
I love many fragrances from Memo and of course I would have to test Winter Palace. Memo I appreciate very much, because I can smell the very high quality of each Memo fragrance. The fragrances of Memo are all very unique and a real twin to a Memo fragrance, one will find as good as never.

Winter Palace starts with an enormous portion of orange. A very juicy very real smelling orange note. From the beginning I have to say quite honestly that this fragrance has reminded me at first of a very exclusive room fragrance with orange. The first 30 minutes you smell mainly only a very dominant orange, with a bit of red tea in the background but patience is worth it...

But when the scent gets into the dry down after about 30, something magical happens. Red tea and mate becomes more dominant and now provide a wonderful noble spice.... The grapefruit is now also clearer and provides a bit of tingling. The whole thing on a bed of spicy amber. The vanilla I personally do not smell... Winter Palace is in my opinion a very spicy fragrance but at the same time a very warm pleasant fragrance.

If you imagine a red spicy tea with a pair of slices of orange, you have a very good idea of how Winter Palace smells. The scent is super special and extremely well blended for my nose.

The scent is 100% unisex... For me a touch too spicy but who is not on floral fragrances and would like to have it fruity and spicy, this wonderful unique fragrance of Memo should definitely test..
Signature worthy
Love at first sight.
Already at the first time smell, I knew that it will be my new signature scent.
The tea note in combination with the citrus note is simply unique. For me it smells, if I could put it in words, after a red tea(vllt rooibos?) with lemon juice mixed.

Whereby I must say that it(like any other fragrance) is not made for everyone. There were comments like ,,smells nice, but I would not necessarily want to smell like tea.''
Ischgelroi
Unfortunately only the top note is good here
I received yesterday my filling of Winter Palace and was really already full of anticipation for this fragrance. I sprayed Winter Palace directly after the mail was there and was really excited beautiful fruity and a beautiful tea note combined with beautiful sweetness. I was really the first 1-2 hours absolutely thrilled by Winter Palace, but after the 2nd hour, the top note warps completely and probably also the heart note, unfortunately I could not find a proper subdivision here which note is included where, but now back to the topic. I smell from the 3rd hour somehow only vanilla combined with some amber, why this bothers me is easy to say. Winter Palace should be something fancy and fresh fruity for the cold days for me, but unfortunately the fragrance tilts from the 3rd hour in the triviality and is just boring and for me so unfortunately out on my purchase list, because an amber and vanilla fragrance I can also buy much cheaper, especially this clear deviation from the beginning bothers me here, especially if you read the euphoric description of the manufacturer to this perfume, this description also brought me to try Winter Palace, but final I am disappointed here. Winter Palace is not bad or unpleasant, but for me just merely average.
Peder
Sweet tea for the winter months
Tangy orange in the top note, increasingly defused by mildly sweet vanilla.
The awakening start is followed by a soothing base of smooth, almost powdery rooibos tea.
The delicate finish is plump and warm, wrapped in a blanket of amber and vanilla.

A true fragrance experience, perfect for cozy winter Sundays!

A Cozy Wonderland
A cozy, spiced amber rooibos red tea blend with zesty bergamot and orange oils added. A perfect scent for book-loving introverts who enjoy diving beneath the surface. I could picture this as the signature scent of a perfectionistic writer living in Maine, gazing through his home office windows every day, searching for inspiration in the snowbanks piling up outside. (On second thought, am I subconsciously conjuring Stephen King here? Ha! Minus the perfectionism.)

A tea shop down the street from my house used to sell a rooibos blend called Winter Palace Marzipan, and this does indeed share a resemblance with that; it's only missing the papaya, almond, and hazelnut oils. This is my favorite warm tea fragrance tested thus far, but it would be strictly a cold weather scent for me. I find it in a similar vein to Teisenddu Frassai, but with more nuances.
Fuchur's signature scent
Do you know the book "The Neverending Story"? The movie? I love that book more than anything. Read several times, eaten quasi.

And now for the smell: how did I know?! Shortly before Christmas about a completely silly coincidence: I rummaged through Parfumo again and came across my signature fragrance "Bogner No.1", which was then a signature fragrance at that time, and which was recently actually listed as the twin fragrance "Winter Palace" Oh, and he was also available at the souk! The dear Eyris tickled, the fastest souk ever completed and got the scent quite quickly. (Thanks again! :-))
Wow, I was so excited!!!
(The man already so fully annoyed: "Meeeeh, but you also make a science out of it... It's only perfume..." *g*)
Sprayed on... And that's the smell of Falkor the Lucky Dragon! With the white, iridescent scales and the big, lovely saucer eyes! It is not black like Toothless or wild and scary like the dragons in Game of Thrones. I see original Falkor. :-) (Well, that comes of course through the bottle, but never mind. ^^)

It starts with orange, bergamot and grapefruit, but not pungent, but fresh, fruity and cheerful. Invigorating. Shortly afterwards, the beautiful teen note joins in, he remains invigorating but becomes homely until at some point he glides into the warmth and through amber (more) with vanilla (less) almost actually becomes like the Bogner! It is only spicier and not as oriental sweet vanilla as the Bogner. But similar in every case. :-)

An insanely beautiful kite, which even the man (I just can't tell him how expensive it is ^^), when he smelled more half-hearted ("yeah, I must smell it again") and instead of the obligatory "Yes, it's perfume!" with a shrug of the shoulders, he was worth a second sniff with the really detailed comment "Oh, that's great! Smells delicious!" (I would have liked to see my face *g*)

Well, I would have liked to see my face at the price ^^, but I think it will move in with me at some point. I haven't tested durability and sillage in detail yet (every drop is precious - as a mainstreamer I don't really know it yet ^^), but it's definitely suitable for summer, despite the warmth in development. Especially because of the citrusy start.

A really beautiful fragrance with an absolutely great development. The nuances literally slide into each other.

And who hasn't always wanted to ride Falkor, the lucky dragon, through the air...?! :-)
Taming dragons - made easy
A beautiful bottle with an Asian dragon with ice-blue scales on its head, the name Winter Palace - this evokes associations. Can this dragon be tamed?
When sprayed on, it first becomes citric fresh, bergamot, orange and grapefruit alternate, each citrus fruit is clearly recognizable. Later a dry note is added, which reminds me very much of unflavored Roibush tea and is probably supposed to be the listed mate or red tea. For me, the colour of the scent is a dark red, warming, but not too hot, calming, but not exciting like the signal colour fire red.
A small fire of which only the embers glow in the dark, a cup of red tea in the hand, a kind of background heat from amber and vanilla. The citrus fruits ensure constantly that one keeps a clear head.
The first impression is that this dragon is easy to tame, but don't be fooled, it has magical powers. Its durability is a small infinity and the Sillage feel fellow human beings, as not insignificant. Only the wearer perceives it as a whiff of fragrance....
MrGaunt
Exciting orange cracker with a soft soul
As an addition to an ALZD order this interesting fragrance reached me. The memos are better known for the different leather scents, one of them is in my possession. But somehow it has rarely attracted me to this brand, so I have tested very few fragrances. There were maybe 4 or 5, I'm not consistent with the documentation especially when I test in business.

When you think of the name "Winter Palace" you probably first think of oriental spices, maybe also comfortable leather with amber. But the candidate here is different.
It starts with a strong swing of essential orange oil. The way you know it when you say orange peel. Looks very natural. But it also has the effect that you first think of orange oil cleaner, I think you know what I mean by that. More medical with a touch of furniture polish. Not unpleasant, but this association resonates simply because it really comes along very orange-oily and initially of course still has the alcohol with it.

The medical grade of detergent then withdraws and everything becomes softer. Even if not indicated in the notes, a light wood note plays along for me, rather of the light variety. But it can also be caused by mate and tea. This main theme lasts longer: lots of orange, plus tea and/or wood to round it off. This is very successful and independent. Even if bergamot is also present and orange is of course a citrus fruit, I find the scent to be less typically citric. Citric fragrances are associated with a distinct freshness. But the orange makes me think more of Christmas, the time when the mandarins are back on the table and the beeswax candles are lit.
Interestingly enough, the scent even reminds me a little of an Ayurveda tea which I drank every now and then for a while, there are spices as well as orange and tea.

This brings us to the base. The fragrance does not undergo a great development. The orange part recedes a little, overall it becomes softer and shows a slight sweetness. Not squeaky, rather the typical vanilla amber sweetness as it plays along unagitatedly in many fragrances. Not loud, more gentle. The main voices continue to play the orange with light wood/tea.

For me absolutely no citric fresh fragrance, but lightly dosed, it is certainly also good to wear on a beautiful summer evening. I see it more in autumn and winter, so you can apply a little more and let its soft parts show to advantage.
A beautiful very independent creation, I always like that when you recognize fragrances immediately. Perhaps not the most complex and stunning, but a very nice scent of well-being which I consider if it will move in with me

HermeshHermesh 1 month ago
Starts with ripe citrus fruits, turns into a perfectly balanced mix of tart balsamic notes and fruity sweetness.
Beautiful scent evolution!
TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
The opening is almost too faint to smell, but in drydown it kicks in with triple force: mainly orange, tea and a hidden vanilla

by Sweetsmell75
by Madambjules
by Arimana
by Arimana

Popular Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Art Land - Sintra by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Siwa (2018) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris