Art Land - Winter Palace 2019

Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris
Art Land - Winter Palace is a new perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-citrusy. It is still in production.

Orange, Bergamot, Red tea, Maté, Grapefruit, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2020.

Fuchur's signature scent
Do you know the book "The Neverending Story"? The movie? I love that book more than anything. Read several times, eaten quasi.

And now for the smell: how did I know?! Shortly before Christmas about a completely silly coincidence: I rummaged through Parfumo again and came across my signature fragrance "Bogner No.1", which was then a signature fragrance at that time, and which was recently actually listed as the twin fragrance "Winter Palace" Oh, and he was also available at the souk! The dear Eyris tickled, the fastest souk ever completed and got the scent quite quickly. (Thanks again! :-))
Wow, I was so excited!!!
(The man already so fully annoyed: "Meeeeh, but you also make a science out of it... It's only perfume..." *g*)
Sprayed on... And that's the smell of Falkor the Lucky Dragon! With the white, iridescent scales and the big, lovely saucer eyes! It is not black like Toothless or wild and scary like the dragons in Game of Thrones. I see original Falkor. :-) (Well, that comes of course through the bottle, but never mind. ^^)

It starts with orange, bergamot and grapefruit, but not pungent, but fresh, fruity and cheerful. Invigorating. Shortly afterwards, the beautiful teen note joins in, he remains invigorating but becomes homely until at some point he glides into the warmth and through amber (more) with vanilla (less) almost actually becomes like the Bogner! It is only spicier and not as oriental sweet vanilla as the Bogner. But similar in every case. :-)

An insanely beautiful kite, which even the man (I just can't tell him how expensive it is ^^), when he smelled more half-hearted ("yeah, I must smell it again") and instead of the obligatory "Yes, it's perfume!" with a shrug of the shoulders, he was worth a second sniff with the really detailed comment "Oh, that's great! Smells delicious!" (I would have liked to see my face *g*)

Well, I would have liked to see my face at the price ^^, but I think it will move in with me at some point. I haven't tested durability and sillage in detail yet (every drop is precious - as a mainstreamer I don't really know it yet ^^), but it's definitely suitable for summer, despite the warmth in development. Especially because of the citrusy start.

A really beautiful fragrance with an absolutely great development. The nuances literally slide into each other.

And who hasn't always wanted to ride Falkor, the lucky dragon, through the air...?! :-)
Taming dragons - made easy
A beautiful bottle with an Asian dragon with ice-blue scales on its head, the name Winter Palace - this evokes associations. Can this dragon be tamed?
When sprayed on, it first becomes citric fresh, bergamot, orange and grapefruit alternate, each citrus fruit is clearly recognizable. Later a dry note is added, which reminds me very much of unflavored Roibush tea and is probably supposed to be the listed mate or red tea. For me, the colour of the scent is a dark red, warming, but not too hot, calming, but not exciting like the signal colour fire red.
A small fire of which only the embers glow in the dark, a cup of red tea in the hand, a kind of background heat from amber and vanilla. The citrus fruits ensure constantly that one keeps a clear head.
The first impression is that this dragon is easy to tame, but don't be fooled, it has magical powers. Its durability is a small infinity and the Sillage feel fellow human beings, as not insignificant. Only the wearer perceives it as a whiff of fragrance....
MrGaunt
Exciting orange cracker with a soft soul
As an addition to an ALZD order this interesting fragrance reached me. The memos are better known for the different leather scents, one of them is in my possession. But somehow it has rarely attracted me to this brand, so I have tested very few fragrances. There were maybe 4 or 5, I'm not consistent with the documentation especially when I test in business.

When you think of the name "Winter Palace" you probably first think of oriental spices, maybe also comfortable leather with amber. But the candidate here is different.
It starts with a strong swing of essential orange oil. The way you know it when you say orange peel. Looks very natural. But it also has the effect that you first think of orange oil cleaner, I think you know what I mean by that. More medical with a touch of furniture polish. Not unpleasant, but this association resonates simply because it really comes along very orange-oily and initially of course still has the alcohol with it.

The medical grade of detergent then withdraws and everything becomes softer. Even if not indicated in the notes, a light wood note plays along for me, rather of the light variety. But it can also be caused by mate and tea. This main theme lasts longer: lots of orange, plus tea and/or wood to round it off. This is very successful and independent. Even if bergamot is also present and orange is of course a citrus fruit, I find the scent to be less typically citric. Citric fragrances are associated with a distinct freshness. But the orange makes me think more of Christmas, the time when the mandarins are back on the table and the beeswax candles are lit.
Interestingly enough, the scent even reminds me a little of an Ayurveda tea which I drank every now and then for a while, there are spices as well as orange and tea.

This brings us to the base. The fragrance does not undergo a great development. The orange part recedes a little, overall it becomes softer and shows a slight sweetness. Not squeaky, rather the typical vanilla amber sweetness as it plays along unagitatedly in many fragrances. Not loud, more gentle. The main voices continue to play the orange with light wood/tea.

For me absolutely no citric fresh fragrance, but lightly dosed, it is certainly also good to wear on a beautiful summer evening. I see it more in autumn and winter, so you can apply a little more and let its soft parts show to advantage.
A beautiful very independent creation, I always like that when you recognize fragrances immediately. Perhaps not the most complex and stunning, but a very nice scent of well-being which I consider if it will move in with me

TombbbTombbb 110 days ago
The opening is almost too faint to smell, but in drydown it kicks in with triple force: mainly orange, tea and a hidden vanilla

by Sweetsmell75
by RobK
by Madambjules
by Madambjules

Popular Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Paris