Cuirs Nomades - African Leather 2015Eau de Parfum

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris
Top 91 in Unisex Perfume
Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Bergamot, Cardamom, Saffron, Cumin, Geranium absolute, Patchouli, Oud, Leather, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 09.04.2021.

Farneon
Beyond Africa, but fabulous in this world! ;-)
Again and again these associations that go along with the name or marketing promise of a fragrance. "African Leather" must of course (!?) smell like safari, savannah and wilderness, at best like a pride of lions and zebra stripes! ;-) SORRY, if someone now feels stepped on the tail, which seems inappropriate in the vastness of Africa but anyway!

Personally, I would have NEVER put on this fragrance because of the name and the stated ingredients. Oud, leather, cumin and rose geranium (all also not necessarily typically African) seemed so not at all mine, bergamot, vetiver and musk rather.

In fact, I have rarely been so positively surprised by a fragrance, because I would have expected something completely different: less freshness, more opulent leather, more dustiness and one-dimensional spice. How good that this fragrance is designed unisex and was obviously not developed for the passionate big game hunter! ;-)

I'm just thinking of the sports version of "Encre Noir", which evokes similar feelings in my nose. But what should "sporty black ink" and "African leather" have to do with each other? Nothing at all, except a similar fragrance DNA ;-) This stems, in my opinion, 1. from bergamot and vetiver and 2. from the campher-like (cardamom is known for this), ethereal impression that both fragrances leave - at least in my nose.

A bit of leather and a hint of oud then do distinguish "African Leather" from the other Parisian product. Anyway, this fragrance is a great surprise for me. He remains long time durable and contrary to expectations fresh. It is quite straightforward in its development (which I always prefer). As I said, I don't necessarily associate it with Africa, but with energy and awakening, with multiculturalism and creativity!

Very great leather
I love leather fragrance, and it took me a long time to try this out simply because I have variants of leather fragrances. I met someone that wore this and asked what the hell are you wearing, and he said African Leather. I was thrilled because it smells great. I went and bought it, and I was so impressed with it. It a must to try; it smells different and a kind that blends with my traditional leather fragrance.
AFRICA IN A BOTTLE
If you like spices and leather with a strong sillage and durability, then you should try this fragrance. In my opinion unisex with a tendency to man definitely what for the cold / autumn / winter. I think the name fits perfectly, it's Africa in a bottle. An "Indiana Jones" style fragrance, definitely not for the office. More like something for the open setting. And yeah, it's sexy!
My rating: 9/10!

Cardabomb
Like the lioness on the bottle, this perfume screams seduction, elegance and no fear.

At initial spray this lioness opens herself up in an effervescent and spicy way with loads of saffron and a cardabomb providing a little earthy soapy background and solidity to what otherwise might be too ethereal and flighty. She shows grace, stamina and complexity.

It dries down to a deep and personal leather. Easily signature scent worthy, since it is an all year fragrance.

Ptsau
Complex and unique leather scent!
It’s a very unique and complex leather scent but I am still not sure about getting full bottle because it is so hard to wear and way too masculine. I will test another sample to make sure if I should pull the trigger. Very good performance tho.
King in the jungle
So this is my 100th comment on Parfumo after over 10 years of being here!
Who would have thought that it will be a comment on African Leather - a fragrance that I recently learned to love immediately.

To the presentation - a fierce leather packaging! Who would have thought it ? Is yes the Leather series, despite everything the packaging is just wonderful. The flacon beautiful. He sits inside virtually on his golden throne. Look at the photos below!
The sprayer serves its purpose, it fits - a Creed spray would be too much here.

The scent.
Scent love pure! He just captivated me. Definitely a bergamot at the beginning along with a lot of spices. Saffron with cardamom and minimal cumin. A little while later leather, oud and musk comes in with light vetiver sounds. I have to admit that if you smell the scent directly, i.e. take a hard pinch from the test strip, it is overwhelming. But when I smell it - breathtaking beauty. Everything ingeniously balanced and brilliant.

What would be a niche fragrance for me if I couldn't wear it either? African Leather is super wearable as I find. Especially for the cooler season a wonderful companion. Durability is top - 9 hours with a quite strong sillage at the beginning. The rest runs but not quiet, I perceive him all day on me.

In conclusion, I can only write that it captivated me. The bottle, the scent and the packaging, just wonderful. Will always want to have the in my collection. Since I also like to spend my money. Absolute purchase tip.

Thanks for the attention :)
Phill
Smells a little like ass...
but by and large quite horny :)
Vetiver spice leather saddle...
The bottle design, the fragrance description of the manufacturer and the Africa theme made me extremely curious, so I ordered a bottling In reality, the fragrance may seem less innovative and exciting than expected, but it still pleases you!
Although I had to get used to the animal touch first...
African Spices Safari Road Trip
That's what I call a fragrance. Wow!
So first of all I have to note that this (probably according to my opinion) is not necessarily a leathery scent.

The dominant notes are clearly cardamom, saffron, some oud and patchouli, and musk.

This fragrance is simply unique and really takes you to another world or to the African continent!

But I can't quite say what exactly he smells like now, but this combination of everything is just incredible. The above mentioned notes definitely come through, but they can't smell 100% of each other.

In the beginning, this fragrance is extremely penetrating, which is why it takes at least an hour to get on the skin.

The Sillage really feels like it reaches from Germany to Africa and the durability on the skin alone is at least 12 - 14 hours.

So beware... not for closed and small spaces and definitely something for outside.

In addition, this fragrance is an incredibly good compliment getter. So far, no one has ever said anything negative to me when I had this scent on, on the contrary.

But until now most people have always asked something like "are you the musk here? And everyone wanted to know what that scent was... no one has ever felt the slightest whiff of it or even known what it is.

Occasion? In a suit or in a stylish shirt combination in the evening for the man and in a chic little dress in the evening for example for the woman.

It is an elegant fragrance that deserves a special occasion and a special outfit!

Oh yes, and read correctly, very clear UNISEX recommendation.

Age group? Approx. beginning 30 - 60 (in my opinion).

Season? In fact, this fragrance can be worn at any time of the year, but not at any time of the day or in any outfit.

Conclusion: this scent is like no other and probably the most extraordinary scent I have ever come across (in a positive sense).

Razvanyke
A dry, beautiful museum experience with expensive spices and old leather
Thanks to a lovely Parfumo, I had the chance to try this beauty of a perfume via a sharing.

I got my sample today, totally unaware of what Memo is offering, never smelled any of their perfumes:

- Wow on all sides, what an experience, this is not a perfume this is an experience!

When I sniff it from my wrist and close my eyes, I see a beautiful museum room with old spices, some luxury perfumed artefacts and old leather. Not the Ombre Leather type of leather but some sweet, aromatic type with a hint of bitterness.

This is a sweet perfume, but not diabetes inducing and also very pleasant to feel its sillage.

For sure this will not be my only Memo and I am really happy to have tried it. For me it is a 100% full bottle worthy perfume.
Alternative title: African Spices
Let's come to the Moroccan desert of Tauer...okay, okay, this is very exaggerated and wrong in detail, whereby African Leather reminds me not only vaguely of the Tauer. I'll come to that later In general, I have dedicated myself to fragrance for one reason, namely my distinct olfactory obsession: leather. Luckily, it doesn't always have to be leather, otherwise I would be disappointed. Leather respectively the leather chord is rather to be perceived in the background or to guess how I will explain later.
The beginning is dominated from the outset by a spicy and peppery accent, undoubtedly the cardamom, which has been finely worked in here. It seems to me very aromatic, not at all balsamic, but also brings the rough sweetness of a desert flower. This is certainly supported by saffron, which makes the fragrance bitter here and there. In fact, it smells wonderful and can be assigned to the African continent because of its dry nature, more precisely North Africa. Although the scent is of this kind, I would like to say already here, it is rather something for the summer to achieve the full flair, in the cold it could only half develop.
Now you perceive the scent this way and ask yourself, where is the leather chord and what is it composed of? In my eyes definitely part of it is the iris root, which sets flowery accents. I also suspect that the violet leaf is involved. This would explain the peppery and strongly herbaceous accentuation. Now I am not an expert and I am just deriving all this from it. It may well be that I am imagining it. The fact is: it is not a leather scent, because no matter what, it does not smell of leather.

Otherwise African Leather has a strong cumin note and reminds me of Tauer and its Moroccan desert. Like a lonely shining landscape on the distant horizon, like a Fata Morgana, a glimmer of hope. The perfume blossoms wonderfully from this part, which follows on from the spice chapter. But now my dilemma begins at this point:
As great as this fragrance is and as much as I can recommend it to some people, African Leather is more than unisex for me. Just like the Tauer, it has this femininely floral note, this slightly flowery sweetness. Please don't get me wrong: African Leather is great and even though I have often compared it to Tauer, it is more than that, because first and foremost, and especially the first few hours, it is a pure spice scent. Here it is one of the best I have experienced so far, perhaps as good as Pierre Bourdon's Route des Epices despite their differences. Nevertheless, I left because of the ending. It's not pejorative, it's just the statement that such scents don't suit me.
But what the heck: my wife's birthday is coming up and I at least have an idea now.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 13 days ago
After a brief spicy-green opening, this warm and dry, slightly animalic, spicy-leathery Fall fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base
MeneeixMeneeix 1 month ago
With touches similar to ECDD, phenomenal fragrance with a leather base.
GolcherGolcher 3 months ago
I didn't care too much about Memo, specially African Leather with all the hype but I recently got a sample and HOT DAMN, this is amazing!!!
CnFCnF 6 months ago
The best spice and leather combo I have ever tasted. A good duration and an exquisite aroma. It has nothing to do with TF. Much more refined
KimJongKimJong 6 months ago
Subtle green saffron that flows through dark animalic dust mixed with spices. There is definitely something addictive.
TombbbTombbb 11 months ago
Not living up to the hype. An extremely faint smell from the very beginning, close to the skin. Musk, musk, musk. Overpriced as hell.
ToreterToreter 3 years ago
Sweet fragance, longlasting and pleasant. I cant smell no leather, reminds me to Jacques Bogart Pour Homme......overpriced.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Spicy sweetish leather with dusty, earthy, slightly animalistic patchouli. Quite pleasant!

by Felsn
by Peyf
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular Memo Paris

Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Art Land - Sintra by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Paris