Cuirs Nomades - African Leather 2015 Eau de Parfum

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris
Top 87 in Unisex Perfume
Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

BergamotBergamot
OudOud
LeatherLeather
VetiverVetiver
MuskMusk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.10.2021.

les histoires des parfums - chapitre 4 - the cat from paris
Part 3 of the Parisian perfume stories about the now 20-year-old protagonist from Germany, who does a voluntary social year in Paris and passes the time with perfume tours through all arrondissements, leads us again near the Jardin des Tuileries.

After he could already leave his "scent mark" in the Parfums de Marly boutique and has now even managed that the two very nice sales hyenas communicate with him in the local language, because he had so often and emphatically tried the French, he now headed for the MEMO boutique located right next door. Shock enamored of the beautifully appointed shop (really was, google that one or go there) and the artfully designed fragrance bottles he found, he didn't notice the vendor hyena present that day at first. When she came up the (as well as everything else) wonderful spiral staircase from the warehouse, he was almost a little startled. However, she proved to be more of a cuddle cat, speaking to him in hyena-uncharacteristic soft French, and giving him all the time and space he needed throughout his stay.

Our protagonist had gone into the boutique entirely unprepared, and so every perfume had to be tried out.

So really wanted to agree to him first none. The "Lalibela Oud" was too feminine, the other fragrances somehow too colorless. The "Irish Leather" he should discover later still for itself; on this day he measured however also this fragrance no greater importance. In the end, there were actually only two untested memos left: "Marfa" and, for some reason, "African Leather". This was the only scent he had heard of somewhere before. "Marfa" appealed to him immediately. Very distinct tuberose accord, soft, cuddly smell; parallels not to be overlooked (or smelled over) to "Soleil blanc" by Tom Ford. Yes, he liked this one a lot. Very much so.

Why he bought it (3 Travel-Atomiser for 90€) after about five minutes, even though he only knew the top note, I can't answer you today. But he did. Walked to the metro with a bad feeling. Sniffed the test strip again and again. And when he changed trains at the world-famous station "Châtelet - les Halles", he knew he had made a mistake. He liked this perfume, yes, quite. But he didn't want to smell like that. At that moment he established for himself a description for a certain kind of perfume: great scent, but only as a room scent. One should rather not smell like that oneself.

What now with this newfound certainty. In any case, do not unpack the new acquisition. The money back he would also not get. At most a voucher. Or else he would be able to make an exchange. But against what. He didn't like any of the fragrances from the house. Merde!!!! His first perfume mistake. It happens to everyone, he told himself. But he also knew it needn't have happened. Listlessly, he took another look at the sample from the shopping bag of "Memo", sprayed "African Leather", the only fragrance of the house not yet tested, on his wrist, and went dejectedly to bed.

He woke up at 2:40 a.m., having an urgent need to go to the loo. He went briskly, and was almost back to his room when he opened his eyes a little wider. What was that pleasant smell? He sniffed his wrist..... and saw the predatory cat. Graceful, elegant, graceful. Sharp claws, but only when she had to. Calm, yet also deadly loud when she must. Inconspicuous in the high steppe grass, but unmistakably fast and murderous when on the hunt. And yes, I'm still talking about the scent. Rather, I'm talking about the scent experience the 20-year-old FSJer had that night in western Paris.

The morning after, he wanted to test the scent again... but he didn't need to. It was still perceptible on his wrist, had barely changed, and still left him speechless. He set out at his earliest opportunity, trading the beautiful but, to him, unbearable room scent for a new pet. A dangerous pet. A cat he could date, too. No, that he'd have to go out with. Who needs her exercise. Her territory to perform. Who needs to do little to gain respect. Her mere presence is enough. Who strikes deadly on the hunt. Who no prey can escape.

Merci, memo, for a pet in a class of its own. For a beastly good companion, who only extends his claws a little too much at the beginning, only to spend ten hours plus decadently making the desert unsafe.

African Leather

the only predator in Paris
It's getting wild....
My first niche fragrance and this was really wild.
By chance I came across the Memo Paris fragrances in Breuniger and tested myself once through.

The leather scents I found very exciting and the African Leather I finally stuck. A fragrance that I sprayed on my wrist to see how it behaved there. The first 5 minutes I just thought to myself " Who spends 200€ on this?" The fragrance did not go at first at all and I had already ticked off the topic, because I found him terribly penetrating and acrid. I left the store and strolled a bit through the city and smelled my wrist from time to time. The scent got better by the minute. Yes even really good, so good that I could hardly stop smelling it. Still very present, very intense and very wild, but a little softer and more subtle. The leather note now came out and the cumin note gradually disappeared, making the scent feel very pleasant to me. So I imagine the scent of Africa.

Even in the evening, although already sprayed 8 hours ago only on the wrist, I perceived the scent still. On clothing even after several days perceptible.

Smoetn
Well roared, lion (leopard)
"African leather" - this immediately evokes safari associations; exoticism, vast steppe landscapes and, of course, wild animals. And here first and foremost the "Big Five", that is: Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buffalo, Lion and Leopard. This term was once coined by big game hunters to refer to the five most difficult animals to hunt on foot in Africa, but is now also commonly used by safari tour operators. Incidentally, South African rand banknotes feature a different one of the Big Five animals on each banknote.

The leopard is considered the most difficult of the Big Five to hunt because of its nocturnal habits (it is most active between sunset and sunrise) and because it is suspicious of humans and tends to run away in the face of danger. Whether this is why Memo chose the leopard as the image for his bottle, I cannot say, but at least against this background the fragrance promises a certain exclusivity, since Memo has managed to tame this wild animal and to pour it olfactorily into a bottle. Whether Cuirs Nomades - African Leather Eau de Parfum is also similarly shy and quickly warps, I would like to present in the following.

Fragrance
What I was looking forward to this fragrance. I had him for some time on my wish list and when there was now a good offer, I immediately struck.
Cuirs Nomades - African Leather Eau de Parfum starts with an overwhelmingly beautiful top note, with which for me actually only Intoxicated can keep up. Not that both fragrances have much in common, but if it were purely about the prelude and the first 60 minutes of a perfume, these two fragrances would be with me at number 1 and 2 of my absolute favorite fragrances.

And after all, both fragrances share a main fragrance note, namely the cardamom. This is here, as well as in Intoxicated, so beautifully set in scene, that one is quite warm around the heart and you wish, this would never end. In addition, a certain freshness is accompanied by saffron, which I usually do not like, but is used here discreetly and skillfully.

After about an hour, the top note then gradually fades and the fragrance can no longer quite keep its initial promise and is then somewhat sweeter and drier in the drydown, which unfortunately prevents the maximum rating of a smooth 10 (although really only very very close). Therefore, I rate the fragrance with a 9.5, because it is still quite great cinema and plays for me quite far ahead.

The fragrance is always underpinned by a subtle leather note and many spices seem to want to make their way into the nose at the same time. Here the fragrance then also reminds me slightly of Trade Routes Collection - Halfeti , because this also almost slays you with its mixture of spices (in a positive sense). Otherwise, there are not too many fragrances that you could use as a comparison, and so Cuirs Nomades - African Leather Eau de Parfum is then also really very special in its fragrance composition. Overall, the fragrance also remains quite straightforward, which I appreciate here very much, simply because the fragrance is so beautiful from the beginning.

The leopard also comes through with a little imagination and a slight animalism can be discerned, which is far from drifting into the stinky. Rather, this Animalik (probably the Oud) gives the fragrance something exotic and the certain something.

Is he, so the leopard, is really so shy, as in the wild nature? The answer is quite clear - no. The sillage is just initially for the first 3 hours really good and the fragrance is potent in the African air. However, it's also not too strong that you have to worry about slaying someone with it. Just right. After that, like so many other fragrances, it becomes rather skin tight, but still easily noticeable on closer contact. The durability is also beyond reproach and the fragrance remains well and gladly 9-10 hours on the skin.

The bottle is quite pretty, but kept rather simple. There are certainly more beautiful designs. What really comes along great, however, is the packaging. The fragrance comes in a large, noble leather box, which presents itself beautifully. Surely the leather is not the best, but still spreads the box a nice leather smell, which is curiously more perceptible than the leather note in the fragrance itself.

Although the fragrance of the basic principle probably fits more in the colder season, he can be worn in my opinion throughout the year (certainly not in high summer). By its light freshness, coupled with a certain heaviness and profundity, it fits simply always and for every occasion.

Overall, I really love this fragrance and I will wear it very, very often. To me, it gives me a sense of adventure. Even though it may sound trite or cliché, but when I smell the fragrance, I am overcome with the desire to do something, take a trip or just explore the world. The scent just encourages (Pun intended) me to use it to have new experiences and to associate them with it forever. A higher compliment you can not actually make a fragrance.

Thank you for reading. I go now on experience safari.
Water Music
A dry breeze blows through the entrance to the tent, causing the fabric to vibrate slightly. The warmth of the sweltering midday heat gently plays around spice bowls filled with cardamom, saffron and cumin. Sumptuously furnished, the interior of the tent features countless carpets, animal skins, frescoes of deep dark wood and various seats made of the same material. In addition to the dusty smell of hot sand, the breeze carries in the scent of leashed camels and leaping gazelles. The explorer drains his cardamom-flavored coffee before rounding up his men for departure.

Aliénor Massenet has, in my eyes, managed to create one of the most beautiful interpretations of wild and untamed Africa to be found at the moment with African Leather. Dusty dry, like a desert wind the fragrance starts and blends quite soon with a fresh twist of cardamom paired with bergamot. This is followed slowly but clearly by a deep dark woody note, which evokes memories of African masks in me. Masks, as they used to hang in my grandparents' house. As the fragrance progresses, the cardamom note becomes stronger and stronger, but always joins the chain of other scents so as to never become unpleasantly prominent. Saffron and cumin give the cardamom even more substance and provide a spicy underpinning. The final, and for me, most beautiful ingredient of the fragrance, is the much and controversially discussed leather here. By no means are you dealing with an ordinary textile or factory leather. Rather, it is reminiscent of a primal, untamed variant, which is like the romanticized smell of an elephant or gazelle skin.

All in all, you have to do with a fine, spicy and beautifully leathery fragrance, which fits quite rather in the warmer seasons. In cooler temperatures, the filigree of the individual components is lost in my opinion and the fragrance does not really manage to rise. Durability and projection I see in the area of good mediocrity, even if the projection comes along a little weaker.

For me personally, Memo Paris African Leather convinces with its grandiose implementation of the undertaken theme and always makes me remember T.C. Boyle's masterpiece Water Music
Dry leather and spice
This fragrance reflects Africa for me again...I have never been to Africa, however, I imagine Africa exactly the same...at least when it comes to the fragrance.

African Leather is not a typical leather fragrance. The leather here is delicately in the background and resonates lightly. I detect dry wood, lots of cardamom and various spices. Then a slight sweetness joins in, becoming very warm and comforting. Leather is still present in the background.
In general, I would speak here of a spicy warm but also slightly dry fragrance that reveals a multi-faceted blend of spices. The spices except for cardamom I could not identify exactly. Definitely smells the fragrance for me but also after African heat...as I said, I've never been to Africa, but my imagination wants it to smell exactly the same there in the wilderness :) hopefully I will not be disappointed if I ever take a quick trip there...:O

The longevity is ok and is about 6-7 hours for me. The sillage is a good middle :)

Greetings
Your Angelina

Farneon
Beyond Africa, but fabulous in this world! ;-)
Again and again these associations that go along with the name or marketing promise of a fragrance. "African Leather" must of course (!?) smell like safari, savannah and wilderness, at best like a pride of lions and zebra stripes! ;-) SORRY, if someone now feels stepped on the tail, which seems inappropriate in the vastness of Africa but anyway!

Personally, I would have NEVER put on this fragrance because of the name and the stated ingredients. Oud, leather, cumin and rose geranium (all also not necessarily typically African) seemed so not at all mine, bergamot, vetiver and musk rather.

In fact, I have rarely been so positively surprised by a fragrance, because I would have expected something completely different: less freshness, more opulent leather, more dustiness and one-dimensional spice. How good that this fragrance is designed unisex and was obviously not developed for the passionate big game hunter! ;-)

I'm just thinking of the sports version of "Encre Noir", which evokes similar feelings in my nose. But what should "sporty black ink" and "African leather" have to do with each other? Nothing at all, except a similar fragrance DNA ;-) This stems, in my opinion, 1. from bergamot and vetiver and 2. from the campher-like (cardamom is known for this), ethereal impression that both fragrances leave - at least in my nose.

A bit of leather and a hint of oud then do distinguish "African Leather" from the other Parisian product. Anyway, this fragrance is a great surprise for me. He remains long time durable and contrary to expectations fresh. It is quite straightforward in its development (which I always prefer). As I said, I don't necessarily associate it with Africa, but with energy and awakening, with multiculturalism and creativity!

Very great leather
I love leather fragrance, and it took me a long time to try this out simply because I have variants of leather fragrances. I met someone that wore this and asked what the hell are you wearing, and he said African Leather. I was thrilled because it smells great. I went and bought it, and I was so impressed with it. It a must to try; it smells different and a kind that blends with my traditional leather fragrance.
AFRICA IN A BOTTLE
If you like spices and leather with a strong sillage and durability, then you should try this fragrance. In my opinion unisex with a tendency to man definitely what for the cold / autumn / winter. I think the name fits perfectly, it's Africa in a bottle. An "Indiana Jones" style fragrance, definitely not for the office. More like something for the open setting. And yeah, it's sexy!
My rating: 9/10!

Ptsau
Complex and unique leather scent!
It’s a very unique and complex leather scent but I am still not sure about getting full bottle because it is so hard to wear and way too masculine. I will test another sample to make sure if I should pull the trigger. Very good performance tho.
King in the jungle
So this is my 100th comment on Parfumo after over 10 years of being here!
Who would have thought that it will be a comment on African Leather - a fragrance that I recently learned to love immediately.

To the presentation - a fierce leather packaging! Who would have thought it ? Is yes the Leather series, despite everything the packaging is just wonderful. The flacon beautiful. He sits inside virtually on his golden throne. Look at the photos below!
The sprayer serves its purpose, it fits - a Creed spray would be too much here.

The scent.
Scent love pure! He just captivated me. Definitely a bergamot at the beginning along with a lot of spices. Saffron with cardamom and minimal cumin. A little while later leather, oud and musk comes in with light vetiver sounds. I have to admit that if you smell the scent directly, i.e. take a hard pinch from the test strip, it is overwhelming. But when I smell it - breathtaking beauty. Everything ingeniously balanced and brilliant.

What would be a niche fragrance for me if I couldn't wear it either? African Leather is super wearable as I find. Especially for the cooler season a wonderful companion. Durability is top - 9 hours with a quite strong sillage at the beginning. The rest runs but not quiet, I perceive him all day on me.

In conclusion, I can only write that it captivated me. The bottle, the scent and the packaging, just wonderful. Will always want to have the in my collection. Since I also like to spend my money. Absolute purchase tip.

Thanks for the attention :)

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
After a brief spicy-green opening, this warm and dry, slightly animalic, spicy-leathery Fall fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base
MeneeixMeneeix 8 months ago
With touches similar to ECDD, phenomenal fragrance with a leather base.
GolcherGolcher 10 months ago
I didn't care too much about Memo, specially African Leather with all the hype but I recently got a sample and HOT DAMN, this is amazing!!!
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Subtle green saffron that flows through dark animalic dust mixed with spices. There is definitely something addictive.
TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
Not living up to the hype. An extremely faint smell from the very beginning, close to the skin. Musk, musk, musk. Overpriced as hell.
ToreterToreter 3 years ago
Sweet fragance, longlasting and pleasant. I cant smell no leather, reminds me to Jacques Bogart Pour Homme......overpriced.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Spicy sweetish leather with dusty, earthy, slightly animalistic patchouli. Quite pleasant!

by Smoetn
by Gwiazdka72
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular Memo Paris

Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Art Land - Sintra by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Ocean Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Siwa (2018) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Sicilian Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris