Cuirs Nomades - African Leather 2015

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Paris
Top 93 in Unisex Perfume
Cuirs Nomades - African Leather is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Cardamom, Saffron, Cumin, Geranium absolute, Patchouli, Oud, Leather, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.10.2020.

Razvanyke
A dry, beautiful museum experience with expensive spices and old leather
Thanks to a lovely Parfumo, I had the chance to try this beauty of a perfume via a sharing.

I got my sample today, totally unaware of what Memo is offering, never smelled any of their perfumes:

- Wow on all sides, what an experience, this is not a perfume this is an experience!

When I sniff it from my wrist and close my eyes, I see a beautiful museum room with old spices, some luxury perfumed artefacts and old leather. Not the Ombre Leather type of leather but some sweet, aromatic type with a hint of bitterness.

This is a sweet perfume, but not diabetes inducing and also very pleasant to feel its sillage.

For sure this will not be my only Memo and I am really happy to have tried it. For me it is a 100% full bottle worthy perfume.
Alternative title: African Spices
Let's come to the Moroccan desert of Tauer...okay, okay, this is very exaggerated and wrong in detail, whereby African Leather reminds me not only vaguely of the Tauer. I'll come to that later In general, I have dedicated myself to fragrance for one reason, namely my distinct olfactory obsession: leather. Luckily, it doesn't always have to be leather, otherwise I would be disappointed. Leather respectively the leather chord is rather to be perceived in the background or to guess how I will explain later.
The beginning is dominated from the outset by a spicy and peppery accent, undoubtedly the cardamom, which has been finely worked in here. It seems to me very aromatic, not at all balsamic, but also brings the rough sweetness of a desert flower. This is certainly supported by saffron, which makes the fragrance bitter here and there. In fact, it smells wonderful and can be assigned to the African continent because of its dry nature, more precisely North Africa. Although the scent is of this kind, I would like to say already here, it is rather something for the summer to achieve the full flair, in the cold it could only half develop.
Now you perceive the scent this way and ask yourself, where is the leather chord and what is it composed of? In my eyes definitely part of it is the iris root, which sets flowery accents. I also suspect that the violet leaf is involved. This would explain the peppery and strongly herbaceous accentuation. Now I am not an expert and I am just deriving all this from it. It may well be that I am imagining it. The fact is: it is not a leather scent, because no matter what, it does not smell of leather.

Otherwise African Leather has a strong cumin note and reminds me of Tauer and its Moroccan desert. Like a lonely shining landscape on the distant horizon, like a Fata Morgana, a glimmer of hope. The perfume blossoms wonderfully from this part, which follows on from the spice chapter. But now my dilemma begins at this point:
As great as this fragrance is and as much as I can recommend it to some people, African Leather is more than unisex for me. Just like the Tauer, it has this femininely floral note, this slightly flowery sweetness. Please don't get me wrong: African Leather is great and even though I have often compared it to Tauer, it is more than that, because first and foremost, and especially the first few hours, it is a pure spice scent. Here it is one of the best I have experienced so far, perhaps as good as Pierre Bourdon's Route des Epices despite their differences. Nevertheless, I left because of the ending. It's not pejorative, it's just the statement that such scents don't suit me.
But what the heck: my wife's birthday is coming up and I at least have an idea now.
N471v3
That's what Africa smells like! Expectations more than fulfilled!
A few months ago I almost bought a bottle from African Leather. The product simply gave me a dream, I hoped that it was an interesting, attractive and special, sweet cardamom scent.
But first, it was a tester bottle, which I don't like. Secondly, there was a bit of fear that it would be a too dark leathery Nichen scent, which I would not be able to wear in everyday life.

Now, many months later, I could finally get a sample! Thanks to the nice "Winter18" for that! (:

I had the feeling that I had to apply the contents of this wonderful tester (the printed folding paper alone is a feast for the eyes...) directly to my skin. No paper strip safety test, therefore. ;P

And yes, I was very pleasantly surprised! :)

Indeed, it reveals a very good and pleasant fragrance that immediately reminds me of the savannah. Okay, admittedly, no, I haven't been there yet. But the olfactory picture that is painted to me symbolizes the elements so beautifully.
The opening is beautifully seasoned by the cardamom, which I like very much. Because it is not pepper or the like, however, not too sharp, and so it embeds itself beautifully into the overall structure. For me, the overall structure is a velvety-sweet carpet, with a supple yet slightly rough, wild attitude. I imagine it like stroking a giraffe and its fur being a bit bristly, drawn by the dusty everyday life in the tropical desert country.
Saffron, Oud and Patchouli expand the structure with a cocoa-like, dusty-soft powder cloud in which everything fits together well and interacts with each other.

African Leather reminds me also very strongly of the Tauer fragrances with the complicated name (Bla Bla Desert Marocain). But I find them a bit smoother and not quite as interesting to smell, whereby African Leather unfortunately screws the charming cardamom back more and more, and then approaches the Tauern almost too much - if I feel like it should have been more bergamot and cardamom. What, I just want to recreate La Nuit de L'Homme as Niche? I am not... ':D (Okay, caught...)
And yes, through bergamot, cardamom, vetiver, the piece has very light LNDL moments. Maybe the best Nichen approach to the topic LNDL so far, whereby it really doesn't want to be a clone or anything like that... so it's not like that then.

For me it also has short moments of reminiscence to Kenzo Jungle, but not that it somehow has similar notes, but rather that it expresses something similar, spreads a similar flair.

All in all a great fragrance, in price it doesn't give much away with Tauer, and both are quite expensive (approx. 235 / 100ml).

For the fact that a bottle will move in with me it will probably not be sufficient for the time being, since I have 1.5ml to enjoy for the time being, but can be that I cannot resist sometime. In any case a beautiful product, with much love to the detail, in the olfactory nuances as well as the affectionate presentation.

Unconditional N471v3 test recommendation!
Noun est omen
African Leather. And a predator decorated bottle. Full in the hand. Black gold. Head cinema on, nose on reception and go geht´s.

Since one learns from mistakes in the past, do not spray the whole bucket empty, but start with only one spray stroke :-) And that's enough to get one of the things Memo put together.
In fact, the expectations, fuelled by the naming and design of the bottle, are fully met. The scent or its sillage spreads in the bathroom. I could imagine one or the other perhaps too fast and too strong we are talking about a scent for alpha animals. Strong, masculine, dominant, setting signs. Nevertheless none of these Brutalos, which one tries in the first reflex immediately again (and usually in vain) to wash off with soap again.

The start with bergamot and cardamom simply sets the direction. The notes that gradually join are patchouli and oud, which would normally drift the fragrance into a very oriental corner. To avoid this, the Memo people have added a shaken amount of leather and musk and exactly this results in a mixture that makes this fragrance so special.
In everyday life with 3-4 sprayers, after one hour, the Sillage has become somewhat lighter, but loosely sufficient to fragrance a 3-metre radius, so if you leave an elevator car of average size, the passengers or newcomers have plenty of fragrance and conversation material. If you're sitting in an open-plan office, your neighbors can also enjoy themselves.

For me wearable all year round, for the ladies of our universe in my opinion less suitable, because the musk and leather chords simply give the fragrance a basic masculine note, in business a statement (can also be too much of a statement), in leisure time fully wearable, perfect for going out. Durability enormous, 12 hours are loosely inside, then however only on skin level smellable. African? Hmmm, I've never been to Africa before, that's why I don't have a direct odor comparison, but this slightly animal-like appeal, combined with oud and leather, could certainly fit there. Just as well as to an alpha animal in Central Europe.

Straker fragrance for strong guys!

Good Heavy Rich Balsamic
This is a good, solid, heavy, ambery, musky composition. Basically, it has all the good rich heavy stuff laid on in copious amounts. It had better at that price! Well, it does.

KimJongKimJong 11 days ago
Subtle green saffron that flows through dark animalic dust mixed with spices. There is definitely something addictive.
TombbbTombbb 145 days ago
Not living up to the hype. An extremely faint smell from the very beginning, close to the skin. Musk, musk, musk. Overpriced as hell.
ToreterToreter 2 years ago
Sweet fragance, longlasting and pleasant. I cant smell no leather, reminds me to Jacques Bogart Pour Homme......overpriced.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Spicy sweetish leather with dusty, earthy, slightly animalistic patchouli. Quite pleasant!

by Felsn
by Gwiazdka72
by Peyf
by Peyf

Popular Memo Paris

Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Paris