Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather 2013Eau de Parfum

Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris
Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Pink pepper, Clary sage, Juniper berry, Maté absolute, Sweet vernal grass, Orris concrete, Tonka bean absolute, Leather, Birch, Amber

Submitted by WRoth, last update on 28.10.2020.

The name says it all
Got Irish Leather as a sample here from the forum of Anthony2013, thanks again ;) together with African Leather.
Irish Leather is definitely a candidate for a signature scent for me! You can wear it the whole year, at any situation and at any time of the day.
It begins very green and SAFTIG. I've never smelled such a juicy scent before. It really gives you the image of a green fresh meadow at a cool
Sunrise and dewdrops.
After about 2 hours the leather comes out clearly, a dark but smooth leather and it becomes drier than in the beginning. Both Opening and Drydown are just the hammer. After 6-7 hours it fades out very slowly and secretly.
African leather is of course also a 10/10 fragrance, but I only want to wear it very rarely, so 5ml is enough for me. I want to wear Irish leather every day, I want people to associate me with this fragrance :D A bottle is a must :br />
The exciting charisma
The first thing you can perceive is a very strong, refreshingly intense, sweetish-berry note, which is enveloped by a clear, citric-sour nuance and exudes something extremely invigorating, and I suspected the use of not yet fully ripe red currants instead of juniper berries.

At the same time, the juniper berry is wrapped in a light, almost fragile, discreetly sweet jasmine-scented nuance, which gives the fragrance a beautiful sparkling transparency and is due to the pink pepper.

A little bit later, the subtle hint, which appears shortly after the start, has been built up and united with the juniper berry and the pink pepper in very creeping strokes to a very clear and deep shining, softly smooth black leather, that in the same breath a fascinating hint of latex exudes and one notices quite unconsciously:
The closer you get to the sprayed one, a fresh spicy, discreetly animalistically exciting, angular aura is revealed and I attribute this to the clary sage.

The leather is accompanied by a very light note of fresh tree bark, which brings an almost cool appearing powdery creamy rooty nuance and in my opinion ensures that the fragrance has a wonderful moving dynamic and comes from the birch in combination with the iris - concrete -

And all of this is surrounded by an airy, ethereal, smoky, softly aromatic aspect that arouses my interest in the smell of black tea. I actually thought that black tea was used and according to the fragrance profile, my perception can certainly be derived from mate absolute.

In the last 3 hours, a very fine, delicately creamy, clear hint of almond oil and a deep, cuddly, balsamic, ambery touch provides a wonderfully pure finish and I also thought almond oil in combination with amber instead of tonka bean absolute was possible.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive the scent profile of the ryegrass, which reminds me of hay and woodruff, and clary sage, but I can well imagine that these two scent components were used to complete the scent composition.

In total the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning to be 3.5 hours on a clearly perceptible whole arm length, before it is minimized in quiet steps until the fragrance is finished.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Verbaplex" for the bottling.
Chizza
Green are all my clothes
With Memo Paris I took my time, I was too sceptical when reading various scents and the components they contain. Many things seemed wild and half-baked to me at first. But as it is so, one does not want to judge too quickly, secondly one also wants to test to be allowed to form an opinion. I also find the flacons very wonderful. That's why it was time to test some of Memo's fragrances and to get involved. The beginning was reserved for Irish Leather.
No sooner sprayed, than I realized a fragrance twin, namely Ambergris Showers by Rasasi. I rated him 7.0 back then, which means solid to good for me. So now I was curious what the comparison with the presumed role model would bring me.
Well, one thing became clear quite quickly: Irish Leather is - if I may say so - obviously of a higher quality, because the scent not only seems smokier but also more detailed due to the composition which in my eyes is more natural and complex. In addition, the pepper at the beginning makes it look slightly sharper, which is good for the fragrance, as will become apparent in the perfume's later equanimity. In direct comparison, Ambergris Showers is too fuzzy and a bit too sweet. In fact, this is also the reason why the latter couldn't convince me in the long run.
In fact, leather and amber dominate here too. Now amber, or what I call the amber family of fragrances, can appear very versatile and diametrically opposed. Similar to Rasasi, this one is very shower gel like and green, for me the juniper berry is responsible for this impact. The smoky accompanying part probably comes from the birch.
A further content, which I do not perceive directly but which can unfold an effect or can channel scents, strikes me, namely mate.
Mate dims due to the tart note of overflowing scents and this is really bitterly necessary here. The juniper berry is very intense and as for the amber, it is also possessive. Actually Mate is not enough, the green touch is too intense, which can polarize. Apart from that: The birch underlines the leather and the smoky element somewhere, gives here the last splash of colour and I think without the birch the leather would not have been enough. You can see the difference with Rasasi, which takes the leather back even more at this point and "loses" it here. The smokiness saves the fragrance for me from slipping into insignificance and even into the more disturbing element. To this green showering note contributes quite certainly also the smell grass, which should smell like woodruff. That could have been too much of a good thing here - as far as I'm concerned.
What can I say? It's not my scent because I'm tired of that green leather touch. But if you like exactly that, you should test here or with Rasasi. The initial differences disappear in the main at some point, although I actually like the memo better. Being aware of this, I can't leave the Rasasi at the same score and I devaluate it by 0.5 parallel to this comment.
The special all-rounder
"Hey kid... hit this stuff here... this is real solid stuff, wild leather... chuck Norris' undershirt smells like a powdered baby's bottom," the salesman said.
Well, perhaps he did not say it exactly in that way, but the spirit of it went in that direction. So I sprayed the story on myself and found it breathtakingly beautiful, but contrary to my expectations not at all leathery, wild and "tough guys"-like.
The opening is extremely fresh and very green due to the juniper (which, by the way, I can only tolerate as a note in this perfume). In fact, the scent creates the image of a meadow wet with morning dew at sunrise, where a few horses trot around leisurely and eat grass. I've never been to Ireland, but in Iceland I often came across such scenes and it actually smelled similar, unless memory serves me wrong.
Later on, the perfume loses this natural morning freshness and gets a tea-like, very soft, almost cosy feeling due to the mate dominating the course of the fragrance.

In the end, the overall composition is incredibly coherent, the sillage not too obtrusive, but extremely stable and long-lasting. This makes it the perfect all-rounder for me, which I can wear at any time of the year, day or night and for any occasion. It's not a great corner, feels quite comfortable and yet wears something extraordinary that stands out from most mainstreamers.
Even if it is not what I expected, I simply had to have this perfume. Since then it accompanies me pleasantly on days when I don't know what I want to wear and reminds me of my holidays in Iceland
(If Memo puts out another "Icelandic Leather" now, I'll go crazy)
Leko
The fresh and green-fruity leather is well seasoned
"The egg-laying wool-milk perfume," as commentator Frankincense described it, sums it up. In short, Irish Leather is a complex fragrance that covers a lot. If there are also focal points in the seasons, I would recommend the fragrance for the whole year, with a slight tendency towards the quieter seasons. However, since a beautiful, tart freshness resonates, a summer suitability would be given.

I would add floral in the diagram, besides rich greenish-fruity, which would be another argument for spring and summer. I find the spiciness of this leather scent to be above average, which gives it a pizzazz.

Due to the green and floral note, I would also assume a slight sweetness, but by far not as much as with Godolphin, La Y. and TL. Anyway, Irish Leather is much more spicy, which makes the scent not so heavy. Instead of heaviness, however, complexity. A unisex suitability is clearly given.
Compared to Cuir Intense by Guerlain, Irish Leather is a much greener and fruitier candidate, but leather comes through better and more clearly with Cuir
I like the Irish Leather scent, but leather is almost a minor matter due to the spice, green and fruit Nevertheless a really nice leather interpretation.
Weihrauch
The egg legend wool milk perfume
Dear Fragrance Community, Dear Mrs. Massenet, Dear Company Memo,

for more than 16 months now I am more than intensively on my fragrance journey. Since I lack the money and the space for almost 50-100 flacons (I am also a very impatient person), I switched my limit to 10 flacons!
Difficult? Definitely!
If you also have a very "broad" scented taste, it gets hairy. Difficult? Definitely!
If you don't know exactly on which specific fragrances you want to focus, it becomes dangerous. Difficult? You say it, definitely!
If you also want to have fragrances that are also worth their money in terms of performance...oh, let's leave that...

Memo Paris is a niche perfume house from...mhhh...Paris, which focuses on olfactory journeys and the memories (French mémoire) associated with them. I think the associated marketing with old suitcases is ingenious!

The leather scents from the Cuir Nomades series did not let me go already at the beginning of my fragrance journey. The idea of combining leather facets with impressions and themes from different countries is a great one.

But why now Irish Leather?

Have I ever been to Ireland? No.
Am I allergic to horses? Yes.
Does the fragrance show the (for me) most beautiful top note? Yes.
Does the fragrance simply combine everything I expect from a faithful all-rounder? Yes! Namely, to be fresh and green but at the same time spicy and striking through the leather.
Does the fragrance remain true to its style until the end, without drifting into the soggy, heavy, sweet or even boring woody? Yes, definitely!
Does the fragrance also provide a pleasant sillage and durability without causing headaches? You notice yourself or?
I would like to mention one fragrance in particular here again, namely juniper! This one is as fresh and spicy as only Erik Kormann did in "Abrakabarber", great!

As you can see I am full of euphoria for the Irish leather, even though I have already "digested" 15ml of filling in the last months.

Also the other fragrances from this series I will look at in the future very carefully, who knows...maybe 6 flacons are enough for me? ;)

Thanks for reading!

Your Moritz!

**** leather
Irish Leather opens with a bitter, minty green-citrus accord of lime, juniper berries, something peppery and something fruity on the base (bitter-fruity, like berries), and as for Italian Leather, a depressing, microscopic "leather" accord built on a mediocre smell of synthetic burnt rubber. Here (luckily, perhaps) this "leather" note is however oppressed by the head pepper-juniper-citral accord, which lasts for hours. If you're into leather scents, compare this to any - even the worst - vintage leather scent and laugh hard ("laugh for not cry"). Outrageous price tag.

4/10
2.5

Tweed Leather
Green grass, fresh cucumber, birch. A soapy leather similar to Grand Cuir. Well blended and soft. Sillage and lasting power are minimal. The bottle is appropriate for a leather touched by Ireland: fresh and green tweed suit with old oiled leather boots.

KimJongKimJong 159 days ago
A really unique leather scent. The smokey side and the green side are in great balance with each other. It smells like a runaway prince.

by Ovaissaleem
by Ovaissaleem
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Boszka79
by Boszka79
Metallschild des Flakons

Popular Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Paris Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Paris