Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather 2013

Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris
Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Pink pepper, Petitgrain, Blackcurrant bud, Cistus absolute, Galbanum, Clary sage, Tomato leaf, Orris concrete, Vanilla absolute, Sandalwood, Tolu balm, Opoponax, Myrrh, Benzoin, Leather, Musk

Submitted by WRoth, last update on 13.10.2020.

Green Herbs, Vanilla & Leather
Notes: Green Tomato Leaf, Vanilla, Leather, Labdanum, Clary Sage, Galbanum, Orris Root, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Tolu Balsam, Opoponax, Myrrh, Benzoin, Leather and Musk

Perfumer: Aliénor Massenet

Starts off with the note of Tomato leaf, crispy, green and fresh, this notes goes perfectly well with the leather, it's the same green leather as in Irish Leather, not animalic at all. Vanilla is also blended perfectly here with tones the tomato leaf down to a tolerable level. Been raining all day here in Karachi and the weather is pretty cool the perfect day to wear this. Italian Leather is blended perfectly with excellent performance. A luxurious, elegant, sophisticated, rich and classy fragrance.

Instagram: ovaissaleem_
Chizza
Italian flowers aka "leather"
Memo Paris and I, it wasn't a love story before. The Irish was ok, didn't meet my taste, the African is a nice spice scent, I had hoped for more leather. So now the Italian Leather with its leather accord, and this formulation alone gives an idea of where the journey is heading.
The fragrance starts very fresh green. This is due to the dominant tomato leaf and should not be confused with the tomato itself. The scent is very spicy green, slightly bitter, very slightly hot. But it is not only the tomato leaf that dominates in the beginning. The pepper supports the spiciness, the currant bud seems to provide tart freshness so that the tomato leaf becomes more bearable and the smell becomes more interesting by a nuance.
Gradually it becomes more harmonious. The tomato leaf is delicately surrounded by the iris, vanilla is not perceived as a fragrance but rather as an aura. Only towards the end is it really tangible. Soon the leather chord starts to take effect and I wonder if I would perceive it as a leather chord if I didn't know it? Obviously, the chord is built from the iris root, among other things. In any case, it remains in the background, building the foundation so that the other materials can show themselves. It actually smells very fine, there is another fruity-influenced note in it that I can't decipher. Very slightly it reminds me of preserved rhubarb marmalade, basically sugared rhubarb. For a distant comparison, I would use Tomo Vetiver from Annayake, which is grassier, fresher and less complex. But it has a leather-rhubarb note, and this note reminds me of Tomo. The difference is the creamy tomato leaf. Personally, I like this change; someone who consistently appreciates the green element in fragrances may be disappointed from here on.
This development continues consistently, so that in the end only sandalwood and varieties remain. It smells pleasantly creamy and sweet, with no trace of the leather accord and tomato leaf. Because I haven't even mentioned that yet; analogous to the withdrawal of the green ingredients, the leather accord also decays.

In general, a very experienced perfumer once told me that leather plays a rather subordinate role in memo fragrances, and that it is all about depicting scenarios. That may be, but the name of the fragrances is still misleading and so I have to honestly say that Memo Paris is not the first place to go for leather fragrances, at least so far. Nevertheless Italian Leather is a solid to good scent if you like this green touch. If Irish Leather is too algae-green because of the juniper, you might be picked up here.
Memo Paris with Cuirs Nomades I will be very happy to test in the future. The fragrances - even if you at least don't tempt me to buy them - are still interesting and of high quality, you have to keep that in mind, no matter if the fragrance appeals to you personally or not.
MrWanderflo
The green gourmand with leather jacket
When I was wandering through the perfume shelves with my favourite consultant in the perfumery of my trust to look for something new for me, he drew my attention to the Memo house that had just arrived The interesting story of the perfumers who travel to different places to capture the typical scent and then tie it up in the perfume bottle and try to unleash it again bit by bit, sounded like a nice idea.
He knew that I liked sweet, expansive fragrances, as well as racy, bitter men's fragrances. A great balancing act in two extremes.
Let's get to the scent. With the Italy Leather he had now introduced me to a fragrance that managed to give the plump sweetness a good masculinity through the strongly dominating vanilla.
He gets this through the leather which is very supple and the herbal note of the tomato leaf which brings a racy spiciness with it.
I liked the fragrance very much at first go, but I am very choosy and a clear purchase decision was not yet there After we had looked a little bit further, he asked me which ones I had liked quite well and made me a few small fillings.
For the next few days I carried them across. Especially the Italian leather stood out.
The memo received dozens of compliments, which is due to its strong silage (its oil concentration should be 28%, if I remember correctly) and its high recognition value due to its spiciness.
I prefer to wear it in the colder months with a leather jacket, because it is a bit too inviting for the warmer months and maybe late in the evening in rooms where One Millions and The Ones beat you to death, so you should wish to draw some attention to yourself.

Fine Leather
This is one of the most intoxicating leather fragrances I've ever experienced next to Cuir Ottoman and Aoud Leather. Only it is more elegant and resplendent. The tomato leaf gives it a subtle green flare no other leather based fragrance has. My favorite part is the cozy ensemble of resins that play well with the leather itself. I wasn't expecting this level of refinement and luxury. When it comes to fragrance, I'm all about mood. Wear what you feel and in that moment, embrace that feeling. However, there is a time and most certainly a place to wear Italian Leather. Something so classy should be reserved for a worthy occasion.

Shabby leather
The opening of Italian Leather is pleasant: a Mediterranean breeze of tomato leaves, red pepper, something green, crunchy and slightly fruity, on a sweet and earthy resinous base softened by vanilla. The leather note is there, somewhere, and it soon emerges (not completely) with its dull, plain, flabby, thin safraleine heart – like many other contemporary and sad leather accords we (well, you) seem to have to get used to these days. On the drydown the leather note gets inexplicably a vague smell of warm cake, which I assume it's due to resins, vanillin and other synthetic stuff collapsing together. As for many niche scents of nowadays, Memo lacks in many - almost any - basic qualities: depth, substance, personality and quality. It does not "stink" (hence my not-that-low rate...), but smells rather just plain, dull and artificial. Unworth any possible care. Ridiculously crazy price.

5/10

Splashfrag12
Astonishing Leathery Fragrance !!
I am pretty surprised seeing that there is no review for such a lovey gem!Memo Italian Leather as per my view, is the best leathery fragrance would have ever smelled !!
Its very different that the leather based fragrances like TF Tuscan Leather,Marley Godolphin,Rasasi La Yukawam .
The leather feel along with vanilla is superb!!One should specially try this

by Kovex
by Kovex
by sebjar
by sebjar
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather by Memo Paris Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Jannat (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Manoa by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Luxor Oud by Memo Paris