Les Echappées - Inlé 2007 Eau de Parfum

Les Echappées - Inlé (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris
Les Echappées - Inlé (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
MugwortMugwort
MintMint
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Maté absoluteMaté absolute
Osmanthus absoluteOsmanthus absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSweet vernal grassSweet vernal grass
MuskMusk

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 28.10.2021.

Perfect day
The manufacturer's brochure was enclosed with a delivery as an extra. The colorful photo in the folding card shows 2 fishermen at work, and of course the name Inlé immediately caught my attention.
I have made several cultural trips to Myanmar at a time when the country was still quite closed off dictatorially, and thus the number of foreign tourists was limited.
Inle Lake and its surroundings was also a destination. A culture of its own in a country where, then as now, its own inhabitants were treated with partial contempt by those in power.
The lake radiates a wonderful tranquility. The "lake people" live in, from and with the lake. The fishermen practice their traditional craft without disturbing noises with fish traps. They show an elegance and choreography that is probably unique. The oar is screwed around with the lower leg and foot, and the boat is moved this way. The arms are completely free for fishing.
All completely unexciting, as is the life of the people in houses on stilts, the cultivation of water gardens, the boat markets and the practice of traditional crafts.
The Memo Inlé brand fragrance is an eau de parfum. For me, the bergamot immediately joins the floral notes and the herbaceous green component. The individual fragrance notes don't reveal themselves to me, musk makes it creamy. The fragrance is like the lake a calm zone that balms the soul.
For me, clearly feminine. It reminds me of "Aqua vitae forte" by MFK, although this is much more present and herbaceous-spicy.
The Inlé is skillfully done, not a flare in the perfume sky, but a pleasing, bright, year-round wearable fragrance that I would recommend to any woman over 30 if she were to ask for a pleasant evergreen. The shelf life is about 4h, the sillage is medium.
Finally, the answer, whether the fragrance lives up to its namesake? I find that the implementation fits.
Balm for the soul...
I love so many scents from Memo Paris and a couple I own fortunately. Memo fragrances are very special for me and my nose. All Memo fragrances have something very elegant about them. I can smell how high quality the fragrances are blended and with each fragrance I immediately have an image in my head. All Memo fragrances tell an interesting story in their own way. Almost all Memo fragrances, with very few exceptions, are quieter fragrances that catapult the lucky wearer into paradise. So it is also with Inle' ...

The fragrance ..

Bergamot slightly sweet, as if bergamot was sprinkled with a touch of sugar and garnished with fresh mint. That's how Inle' starts. In the dry down jasmine sambac absolue comes to the fore supported by mate absolue.... Dreamlike... Balm for the soul. Everything becomes softer and softer and reminds me very much of super exclusive wellness resorts where it smells of herbs and tea... Ruchgras provides the fragrant herbal note...

I find myself in a dark wellness temple somewhere in the Emirates. The scent of tea, herbs and soothing floral notes put me in total peace.... Everywhere candles burn and on a small showcase is Mate tea, Betamotte and fresh mint..

'Inle' is quiet and that's how it should be. It is a fragrance that brings peace and contentment, as it hardly creates any other fragrance and in an incredibly elegant and interesting way.
Seduction
My first sample order from a popular online mail order company also contained a kind of letter scented with Les Echappées - Inlé by Memo Paris.
Everything that was in that package has been living in a drawer ever since.
And every time I open this drawer, I enjoy the wonderful scent that streams towards me, even though it has become much weaker in the meantime.
After all, my mind (personified by my GöGa) told me that a scent on the skin can behave completely differently, so I first ordered a sample of this scent.
Today was the day when I sprayed the fragrance on my skin for the first time.
Since then I am surrounded by a pleasantly soft, at the same time somewhat sparkling cloud in which I feel safe.
For me, Les Echappées - Inlé is an absolute feel-good fragrance. Clean and floral, a little cool and soft at the same time.
A dream.
DonJuanDeCat
Clouds of freshness and snappy perfumes?
Hello, my dear fragrances, how are you today? As so often I bring a new fragrance with me today! This time a fragrance of the brand Memo, which I noticed especially because of its great flacons. Because the flacons are mostly golden and have an individual motif for each fragrance, which I like very much. And yeah, one scent even has a cat on it! Well well, let's rather say a big cat in the shape of a stylized cheetah, but still, it looks really cool!

But now I will first introduce "Inlé", which is named after a freshwater lake in Myanmar and which is the center of the people living around the lake. The perfumer, Aliénor Massenet, was inspired by this lake, its people, the houses built on the lake and the canoeists, and she was inspired by the lives of these people to create this fragrance.

Since it is always summer or warm in Myanmar, the top note consists of fresh fragrances like mint, which is especially good on hot days, hmm :)
And, it should contain MATE, which makes me even more curious about the scent, because you know me with something like that :D
Now let's see how the scent got that way!

A little later you smell a sweet, floral note, which is pleasant and which should be the jasmine. However, I find the intensity of the jasmine rather low, as one would expect from the name "Jasmine Absolue".
A little later you can still sniff the nice mate, which I find nice. Unfortunately, the herbaceous notes bother me a little too much over time, even if they should weaken a little towards the end. Because these herbs are too tart, too dry and therefore slightly biting for my taste.
Also in the base this hardly changes, which is a pity. Even the now somewhat gentle fragrances, which I can no longer really identify, do not change this. The sweetish one doesn't get much more intense either, so the scent is basically the same from start to finish.

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is rather weak except for the short beginning when spraying, where it still radiates quite intensively, and after a few minutes it will hardly be noticeable in the immediate vicinity. You have to get really close to it to be able to perceive the scent in somebody's room. Therefore, the shelf life is not very long, so that the fragrance is mostly gone after four to five hours.

Personally, I would have liked the scent much more if it weren't for the herbs. Therefore, this scent as it unfortunately is (i.e. with the herbs) is out of question for me, even though I should have liked the mint quite well at the beginning. For those who want to refresh themselves olfactorically with mint on hot days, I recommend for example the Heeley Menthe Fraîche, which is very short-lived and not so outstanding, but has a really nice smell, does not offer any disturbing scents and also contains a teen note (green tea) (yes yes, tea must be simple, hey hey :D).

This scent here sometimes gives me the feeling as if it doesn't really get going, as everything either radiates too fast or not intense enough. But good, it would be best to use it in summer because of the refreshing effect, whereas on too hot days it would probably overwhelm me too much in the long run because of the dry notes mentioned. If you are interested, you can still have a sniff, the flacons of this brand alone are worth to be taken in hand!

Apart from that, it was time for today, so that I say goodbye and wish you a nice evening :)
Bergamot Osmanthus Mate: Beautiful, but needs getting used to
Frankly, I find the top note a little too dull. Half an hour later a nice mix of bergamot and osmanthus, warm and strong. It's quite oily, though. Maybe a woody teeny note from Mate, which carries that on for me Dumpfe.
In the next few hours, a peach note is added, which nicely includes the impression of velvety skin. The Osmanthus doesn't get leathery here.
At the end a somehow slightly tingling basic pleasure with a grass-woody background. Well done, the Osmanthus tea dissolves in it. Generous use is recommended, otherwise something close to the skin.
elegant....
if elegance is the free dance of energy, tranquility, freshness, inspiration.... leave out everything unnecessary -
then this fragrance is elegant.
the bergamot, flanked by mugwort and mint appears soft and fresh, not a bit pungent... more like velvet jasmine seems to puff up the scent from inside like a gentle cloud.
the aroma of the osmanthus flowers is robbed a little of its sweetness by the mate note and gets a structure.
the base lasts long--on one feather two days- in delicious creamy freshness.
quiet is all that, haunting, perfectly composed and elegant.
weightless elegance with relaxed charm. enchanting.
2.5

Almost but not quite
On this first casual application, the gorgeous aroma of a perfectly ripe apricot wafted through the air.
I have, for a long time, been seeking a perfume that would translate to perfection the feeling of biting into this most sensual of fruits, when the lips touch the velvety fuzz of the skin and the teeth break through the thin membrane that envelops the thick luscious pulp, leading to a mouth feel of rich sweetness and meaty goodness.

Unfortunately, misery awaited as Inle entered its heart phase.
Once again, a single note messes up a beautiful composition.
Mint is the culprit here.
Some may appreciate its unusual vibrancy, but to me, it adds a stale sweaty vibe that is most unwelcome, akin to a beautiful girl clothed in finery who – oops - omitted to take a shower for the past couple of days or so.

Thankfully this awkward phase soon vanishes, returning to a more pared down version of its grand debut upon drydown, where it remains an Osmanthus soliflore for the rest of its lifespan.
Nice if uncomplicated is your thing.

MRothMRoth 8 months ago
An airy jasmine and osmanthus tea weighed down by sweet musk. Veers towards fruity big white florals, then back again. End result is a mess.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
There is no bitterness to the mate, drowned in the syrupy sweetness from abundant jasmine and osmanthus. Very aromatic, floral and feminine.

Popular Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Art Land - Sintra by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Ocean Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris