Cuirs Nomades - Ocean Leather 2020

Cuirs Nomades - Ocean Leather by Memo Paris
Cuirs Nomades - Ocean Leather is a popular perfume by Memo Paris for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still available to purchase.

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange VioletViolet BasilBasil Elemi fruit CedarCedar SageSage NutmegNutmeg VetiverVetiver LeatherLeather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.04.2022.

Splitter
The story of me and the Aquatics
Who knows me a little or takes a look at my collection, knows that aquatics do not suit me, mean nothing or do not appeal. Nevertheless, #Ocean Leather was in the Journey package, as the sample set at Memo is called. Straight from France, since I got it with #Jamals Palace.
I like Memo, I like their unconventional yet socially acceptable compositions. I like the bottles and their wonderful images. I like the endurance of sometimes over 10 hours, the complexity and often boundless elegance, even when things get a bit harsh.

And what used to scare me so much that I stopped liking perfume and fragrances altogether? Yep, that boring and same-old randomness of fragrances typically hawked in drugstores, as well as Douglas and other big houses. I realize that some:r is about to hate me here, but folks, always smelling kind of similar and finding the whole thing great because of a new advertising model has nothing to do with character, nor does it have anything to do with character. Yes, twice, because once related to the wearer:in, once related to the scents.
But that's just to my opinion on these 'bestsellers', which are fresh-aquatic and sweet-synthetic in particular.
But to the memo.
Is this still memo or can it go away?

I read once in a review under a Memo fragrance times of displeasure, that the Cuir Nomade series but only a constant exchange of some notes takes place and the base but always remains the same. That may be true with some compositions of the series or seem so. But if I had tried this fragrance here blind, on Memo I would certainly not have come and even if I had known that, I would not have thought of the said series.

Because what is Ocean Leather?
Unlike the others in the series I've sniffed so far, some of which I've added to my collection, this scent here is not grounded, down-to-earth and heavy, but airy, light and shallow. At the beginning I was really worried, because all the freshness notes came on so hardcore that it scared me.
Tangerine and dewy basil, light florals, and nothing distinctively harsh slapping me in the face. I'm speechless. Memo - for what I tried so far - not recognizing.
Instead, the fragrance makes one on typical shower gel alacrity from the perfume department. Only in very intense and very authentic. This all weakens with time and becomes gischtig (is that a word?) By clean sage and spicy nutmeg. In the meantime, I even briefly had the feeling that the scent had disappeared. Then he emerged but again.
What then remains closed to me, however, is the leather accord. Not only is he - if at all - definitely different, as in the other fragrances of the series - should this base then really always be the same - but for my sensation not present, respectively pretends through cedar and dignified roughness.
What is also not present, is the sillage, which already after one hour not much further than skin proximity goes out. And also otherwise goes the delicate ocean giant quite quickly out of breath.
What remains is a spicy aquate of high olfactory quality but without swell. The whale remains tame and shows itself reluctantly. Instead, what remains is a shallow day at the seaside. Too bad, I would have liked him.

Wonderful fragrance of the brand for all those who can not do anything with the more unconventional compositions or simply like aquatic fragrances. But nothing for those who like me, the character-strong and distinctive - possibly edgy - fragrances like and like to wear.
My boss once said 'someone once defined: so smells sea and since then there is this strange note that has nothing to do with sea' and described with it most aquatic fragrances and also how I feel them. Unfortunately with this one just no different

citrus leather
This is a nice addition to the leather line and far more wearable that several of the traditional Memo leather fragrances. A lovely mix between fresh and dark sensual scents. Suitable for day time and evening wear as well as informal and formal occasions. One of the best fragrances from the house of Memo.
familiar strange skin
You got up at sunrise. While everyone around is still asleep, you go to the beach. A warm wind ruffles your hair; fresh, soft, powdery like the finest sand. Above the water lies a bright haze in which the first sunlight sprays itself in millions of gently shining dots.
Everything seems possible in this luminous silence.
Yesterday your daughter asked you about your favourite animal: Why the dolphin?
Because he's smarter than we are Why?
Because he's peaceful And cheerful
Your leather jacket starts to smell in the humid air...like a foreign, protective skin...
Seagulls calling...

GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Fresh, aquatic, fruity, sweet... Pretty linear and boring, definitely don't worth the price.

by Felsn
by Felsn
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular by Memo Paris

Cuirs Nomades - African Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Art Land - Winter Palace by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Irish Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Eau de Memo by Memo Paris Art Land - Tiger's Nest by Memo Paris Art Land - Sintra by Memo Paris Art Land - Marfa (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Russian Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Lalibela (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Italian Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - French Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Shams Oud / Shams by Memo Paris Escales Extraordinaires - Lalibela Oud by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Moroccan Leather by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Granada by Memo Paris Cuirs Nomades - Sicilian Leather by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Kedu by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Ilha do Mel by Memo Paris Les Echappées - Siwa (2007) by Memo Paris Graines Vagabondes - Tamarindo by Memo Paris