A*Men Pure Coffee 2008

A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
A*Men Pure Coffee is a popular perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2008. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Coffee, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.10.2020.

Schallhoerer
The fragrance for the wannabe barista
I have already tried a few fragrances with "coffee" as the scent. The phallic symbol from Rochas, Halloween's Man X, Intense Cafe from Montale, etc. But this roasted coffee note that comes across here in Mugler's Pure Coffee, it really deserves the name coffee. Pure Coffee starts out rather untypically spicy for a Mugler fragrance. Not like these sugar-sweet café au lait fragrances, but rather strikingly spicy, the roasted coffee notes slightly spiced. A very great beginning that the two perfumers have created here
In the drydown, the fragrance then gains warmth, loses some of the coffee (which still remains slightly visible in the background) and becomes slightly sweeter. Here the rather typical A*Men DNA of Mugler comes through again. The sweetness makes it very pleasant on the skin, especially in cooler weather. For people with a preference for coffee (in its pure, ground form) this could be the perfect fragrance. But if you prefer it to be sticky sweet, you will have to look elsewhere.

Balanced coffee-patchouli...
A milder member of the Pure line, with a noticeable bitter coffee note mixed in, over a smoother original A*Men (definitely less sweet and a toned down 'tar' and vanilla note), which I find extremely pleasant because it doesn't scream like other members (lower projection and longevity than PH, PM or PW), but instead it delivers an elegance and versatility for many occasions. A worthy addition to any Mugler Pure line fan and a very good coffee-patchouli-vetiver based scent.
My personal ranking 9/10. Highly recommended.

Golcher
Very nice scent, not as much coffee as I would want
I was never a fan of the original A*Men, in fact I'm even a little annoyed but it so I only decided to give Pure Coffee a chance because it was at a discounter (and I love coffee) but I read it was too similar to the OG.

At first sprayed I got the same coffee note the original has but with a little more intensity, nothing to far from what I was used to but that coffee note didn't last too long and faded into the background and left me with a very enjoyable version of A*Men. The success of Pure Coffee to me is the simple note breakdown, it got rid of pretty much every note I hated and left a very simple and lovely scent.

Certainly a big step in the right direction

MasterLi
Dark-Roasted Coffee, Cedar, Musk & Patchouli...
First of all... I have never smelled the original Angel Men, so I can't comment on the comparisons, but smelling this for the first time, I get a dark-roasted, almost burnt coffee and patchouli combination, I can detect a chocolate note in the background (could be the patchouli-musk combination) and also lavender (could be the coffee, patchouli and vetiver combination). I have heard that in this the coffee note of the original has been brought into the foreground (whilst keeping the same original 'vibe' as A*Men). It's a very nice scent, very pleasant to my nose... and after a while, it gets softer and stays close to the skin (mostly as a cedarwood, coffee and patchouli combination).

I don't find it too cloying either, it has moderate sillage and longevity, drying down to a skin scent within a few hours (so maybe not the beast that A*Men was in that department). It's pretty enjoyable and can be worn almost year round in my opinion.

Pure Coffee has definitely grown on me, and I love the combination of notes here. To me it's a dark and sweet creation (a heavy roast, with no added cream), just how I like to take my coffee!

strength and sophistication
Sometimes, when a scent sells well, the house will change it from a limited edition to a permanent part of their line. It seems like all of the A*Men flankers are well-loved, but Mugler doesn't extend them. Having managed to snag a bottle of this on eBay, I now feel like I have to ration it carefully.

I put on less than one full spray of Pure Coffee 9 hours ago, and it's still quite noticeable. Its clear, elegant coffee-cedar manages to be calming and energizing, smooth and strong at the same time. Unlike many other coffee scents, it has absolutely no sugar. Sometimes, I swear I smell lavender in there (there isn't any, but it could be that I'm associating it with Bond's New Haarlem, which does have lavender).

Wear it while you're drinking a strong French Roast, and you can face anything the day throws at you!

KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
It smells really like savory hand drip coffee. It would have been much better if it had been a diffuser or a candle.
AmberScentAmberScent 10 months ago
Pure Coffee (Pure Capuccino :-) it's a must if you are an A*Men fan. It's a surprising musk-patchouli sweet blending with the coffee note.

by Honk1510
by Liebmausdana
by Bradigow
by Bradigow

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler