A*Men Pure Coffee 2008

A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
A*Men Pure Coffee is a popular perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2008. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Coffee, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.08.2020.

Balanced coffee-patchouli...
A milder member of the Pure line, with a noticeable bitter coffee note mixed in, over a smoother original A*Men (definitely less sweet and a toned down 'tar' and vanilla note), which I find extremely pleasant because it doesn't scream like other members (lower projection and longevity than PH, PM or PW), but instead it delivers an elegance and versatility for many occasions. A worthy addition to any Mugler Pure line fan and a very good coffee-patchouli-vetiver based scent.
My personal ranking 9/10. Highly recommended.

Golcher
Very nice scent, not as much coffee as I would want
I was never a fan of the original A*Men, in fact I'm even a little annoyed but it so I only decided to give Pure Coffee a chance because it was at a discounter (and I love coffee) but I read it was too similar to the OG.

At first sprayed I got the same coffee note the original has but with a little more intensity, nothing to far from what I was used to but that coffee note didn't last too long and faded into the background and left me with a very enjoyable version of A*Men. The success of Pure Coffee to me is the simple note breakdown, it got rid of pretty much every note I hated and left a very simple and lovely scent.

Certainly a big step in the right direction

MasterLi
Dark-Roasted Coffee, Cedar, Musk & Patchouli...
First of all... I have never smelled the original Angel Men, so I can't comment on the comparisons, but smelling this for the first time, I get a dark-roasted, almost burnt coffee and patchouli combination, I can detect a chocolate note in the background (could be the patchouli-musk combination) and also lavender (could be the coffee, patchouli and vetiver combination). I have heard that in this the coffee note of the original has been brought into the foreground (whilst keeping the same original 'vibe' as A*Men). It's a very nice scent, very pleasant to my nose... and after a while, it gets softer and stays close to the skin (mostly as a cedarwood, coffee and patchouli combination).

I don't find it too cloying either, it has moderate sillage and longevity, drying down to a skin scent within a few hours (so maybe not the beast that A*Men was in that department). It's pretty enjoyable and can be worn almost year round in my opinion.

Pure Coffee has definitely grown on me, and I love the combination of notes here. To me it's a dark and sweet creation (a heavy roast, with no added cream), just how I like to take my coffee!

strength and sophistication
Sometimes, when a scent sells well, the house will change it from a limited edition to a permanent part of their line. It seems like all of the A*Men flankers are well-loved, but Mugler doesn't extend them. Having managed to snag a bottle of this on eBay, I now feel like I have to ration it carefully.

I put on less than one full spray of Pure Coffee 9 hours ago, and it's still quite noticeable. Its clear, elegant coffee-cedar manages to be calming and energizing, smooth and strong at the same time. Unlike many other coffee scents, it has absolutely no sugar. Sometimes, I swear I smell lavender in there (there isn't any, but it could be that I'm associating it with Bond's New Haarlem, which does have lavender).

Wear it while you're drinking a strong French Roast, and you can face anything the day throws at you!

KimJongKimJong 7 months ago
It smells really like savory hand drip coffee. It would have been much better if it had been a diffuser or a candle.
AmberScentAmberScent 8 months ago
Pure Coffee (Pure Capuccino :-) it's a must if you are an A*Men fan. It's a surprising musk-patchouli sweet blending with the coffee note.

by Honk1510
by Liebmausdana
by Bradigow
by Bradigow

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler