A*Men Pure Havane 2011

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler
Top 27 in Men's Perfume
A*Men Pure Havane is a popular perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.
Scent goes well with Spicebomb

Jacques Huclier

Top Notes Top NotesHoneyed tobacco
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Labdanum, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.10.2020.

Of heroes and revolutionaries
Cuba - a communist island state steeped in history in the middle of the Caribbean.
Polarizing and fascinating at the same time.
Hated and loved by the elites of this world, Cuba has one thing above all else -
A unique charm!

This small country, hardly like any other, stands for revolution and resistance against a capitalist and opportunist America.
It stands for anti-capitalism in its purest form and has made history with the charismatic revolutionary leaders Ernesto Guevara and Fidel Castro.
Even if the revolution was successful, Cuba has still not been able to build a stable economy due to the subsequent embargo by the USA and many Western states.
Thus, despite the pride in its revolutionaries, Cuba has remained a poor country.

And despite the poverty they are rich in culinary delights.
The Cuban rum and cigars are considered the best in the world.
And I too have already had the pleasure
smoke a Cohiba while tasting an ancient Legendario on the terrace of a beautiful Hacienda in Vinales.
The smells that came to my nose when I smoked and drank and caressed my soft palate were allied with the tropical air of sweet tobacco fields and sugar cane plantations An absolute feel-good moment.

One day, when I accidentally tested a fragrance with the label Pure Havane without great expectations, I experienced a fantastic deja vu.
It was incomprehensible to me how someone could preserve the feelings of that time in a fragrance.
Pure Havane manages to reproduce this wonderful warm tobacco sweetness.
To me, Pure Havane smells like a mixture of fresh cigar smoke and ripe, sweet rum.
Masculine, warm and positive.
A fragrance that would have suited Ernest Hemmingway as well.

Should I one day travel back to Cuba, Pure Havane will definitely accompany me and tell my story.
Flame99
A disappointment can only be as big as the expectations
...and number 27 in men's fragrances and a rating of 8.4 out of 733 is a big announcement...like the disappointment i experienced when i smelled Pure Havane for the first time...and the smell is not bad at all...it is "good" and even addictive, i can imagine that it brings many compliments...apart from the fact that i only like the smell to 70% i will analyze the weaknesses objectively and present them here.For a poetic description of the smell and more entertainment, please use another comment to imagine the smell (although in 10 out of 10 cases it's different than you think, so you can guess the direction) I just want to add that it does smell a bit spicier than "sweet and gourmand".But what i noticed about the scent: i didn't know it was reformulated until just now, but now everything makes sense. when i smelled it 3-4 times more intense, i thought to myself, without knowing it: "dude, it smells as if it was a reformulation". without a rational basis, just from the gut feeling. so i ask myself the question: what was evaluated here? Pure havane what you get now when you buy it, or vintage pure havane?..now i come to my findings: the fragrance is much too "top note heavy". what this means you can imagine, but as a comparison : you see a person, relatively small 1,60m with a head that is too big. the head itself is only disproportionate in a relative way, because if this person had the right size, for example 1.85-1.90m, the overall picture would harmonize, and that's exactly the case with this Pure Havane.the top note is too "heavy" for the depth of the fragrance that is missing here.it's like wearing the fragrance backwards: first the base, then the heart note and finally the top note.strange progression, however, can also be seen as an "artistic statement" or whatever you can imagine.The lack of depth here makes it look like this fragrance (which has a character all of its own) is only halfway there...neither crowdpleaser nor statement scent...something in between...a little shy...second point is that i'm 100% sure it's chemically synthetic to the same percentage. caution: may contain traces of patchouli...so only 99% synthetic after all?I see the potential in this fragrance and it's generally "well done", but unfortunately not very exciting for the fact that it's shyly going in a statement direction, and only half shows up...the bottom line is that the less you've smelled it, the better it smells...i originally thought so too: it smells mega good, until i had to discover the weaknesses mentioned above...but the individual notes are well balanced and the whole package can be smelled...two times.
Condorpilot1
A Mugler who knows how to inspire
Normally, most of the fragrances in Thierry Mugler's A*My range seem to have a touch of the original A*Men, at least in their base. First of all: Pure Havanne doesn't follow this line, but has a completely different character.

Yes, at the beginning after spraying A*Men is already very sweet. This honey tobacco note reminds me in its character of Paco Rabannes 1 Million Privé, where the note "Shisha tobacco" is listed. The top note of Pure Havanne is slightly sweeter and fruity, the top note of Privé is a bit spicier. Nevertheless I find the opening of both fragrances comparable. Additionally I perceive an ethereal note for a short time, which reminds me of sage. I also perceive something cherry-like in the first 3-5 minutes, which reminds me of cherry yoghurt of cherry ice cream. Really tasty with cherry pieces in it. After the cherry disappears, the tobacco becomes spicy-sweet and basically accompanies the smell until the end.

After a good half hour Pure Havanne gains a little bit of complexity, even if it has to be said that this pyramid of fragrances is quite simply constructed. Personally, I prefer it that way, too, as if the fragrances are overloaded with notes and merge into an indefinable mixture. Admittedly I can't sniff cocoa, but something earthy, which could be patchouli. Afterwards, however, the fragrance remains linear, long-lasting (7-8 hours) and soothing for the next few hours. In my opinion, the drydown is almost unisex, as long as the scent would have a little less smokiness.

All in all it is fun to smell it again and again, the Sillage is perceptible for a long time and radiates clearly outwards. Pure Havanne knows how to please especially in autumn and winter as a casual fragrance and is a great addition to any collection!
All Achieved
Already the ingredients of the pyramid inspired me so much that I couldn't avoid trying them.
Honey for breakfast and dark chocolate in the evening, I enjoy quite often.
Therefore get a feeling like, feet up, it is all done.
A spicy base carries the sweet and appetizing cocoa note. It develops into powdery dessert scent. To bite into.
In addition there is a smoky note, which could remind you of weak pipe tobacco.
Now in winter I find this very appropriate. For the summertime perhaps to derb.
Nevertheless, I now have something to enjoy chocolate without gaining weight.

Mischa99
A cherry scent for the woman ? Surprise - but not !
At the beginning I was very surprised by the strong sweet cherry note. She was always present almost to the end, which always irritated me a little. But this Mugler is not a women's fragrance, because it is already clearly chocolate-covered after the smoky cherry. In the further process I thought to smell also something leathery. The fragrance was always accompanied by a fresh note, which was very pleasant. Towards the end of the beautiful fragrance development I thought I smelled incense and very clearly patchouli. After 4-5 hours the A Men pure Havane was smoky on my skin. What remained was a somewhat stale breeze of incense. (as with quite a lot of perfumes) I could imagine the scent in my collection because of the beautiful overall picture and the great course. Because of the usual ending, there is a half point deduction from the maximum score, that is an 8.5 from me.

ScentSlave
You can definitely tell this one is related to pure malt;
Just a hair sweeter, with a tad more silage. My wife seems to enjoy this one a bit more than it’s older brother BECAUSE of this sweetness. It’s a quite a bit smoother as well. The cocoa note is definitely present, and the tobacco isn’t as loud as I was expecting it to be.

The mid notes are AMAZING when they start to emerge... my oh my... THIS is why the ladies prefer this one over its older brother (malt). Such a unique blend; So dark, so masculine, yet oh so sweet.... I am enjoying this one quite a bit.

Ernie824
Amen to that for Pure Havane.
Received the Pure Havane this week from Fragrancenet.com
I have the Mugler Pure Havane and not the Thierry Mugler, from posted reviews on the web, that Pure Havane has been reformulated and has performance/longevity issues. When I received this fragrance I sprayed two sprays on the left and right arms, to test the longevity/performance on my skin the scent lasted between 12-15+ hrs so no longevity/performance issue there. So I will make it my SOTD as of 12/13/18.

SOTD: 12/13/18

Pure Havane is my very first fragrance from the House of Mugler and very first in the Amen line.

Love the scent of Pure Havane, I scent on my nose the cinnamon, tobacco, honey and I do scent a hint of cocoa. Per Fragrantica middle notes mentioned a vanilla note in which I detect to my nose. Parfumo website does not mention the vanilla note on the middle/heart notes. Still waiting for Pure Tonka and I will do a comparison of the two. For the meantime Havane is my favorite in the Amen line.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: on my skin I get around between 12-15+ hrs
Presentation/Design: 8/10 Sprayer: 6/10-Horrible sprayer
Overall: 9/10
Just without much Blaaaaaaaa
I don't want to beat around the bush.......... I spray and feel really pudelwohl, as if little Sebastian has just made himself a delicious pudding with quite a lot of sauce.
For me one of the tastiest treats to spray....... Next to egg liqueur spray cream
Morpheus1
Vintage wins: a cherry / honey tobacco dream
I'm just going crazy about the vintage version, that's why this review. I have a batch of November 2010.

I want to write a comparison between the vintage version and the current version.

My statement referred to the current version.

The old vintage version has cocoa in it at the beginning. Then there is a beautiful, juicy, slightly sour cherry note and finally the honey tobacco note, which I have already fallen in love with. The cherry is not really a cherry, one perceives the honey tobacco as such. You can smell the tobacco discreetly, but not disturbingly. Honey is also clearly there, the main chord, but less as in the current version. The Vintage projects the scent more finely and essentially more balanced, but also stronger. My first Mugler and a direct hit. He's not just cute as hell. There's more to it than that, you can smell nuances.

The current version, on the other hand, simply smells sweet like honey. I don't smell cocoa or tobacco notes. Relatively flat and monotonous the whole. As so often after reformulations, very very sad.

A wonderful fragrance as a vintage version.

Pure Havane
Pure Havane is one of the better designer releases of recent years. A popular one at that. I owned PH for a while & it was a nice little addition to my ever growing collection. The tobacco, honey, vanilla & cherry note tho not listed it is there, was very nice. I got no cacao from this. The execution is good as I can see what Mugler was trying to do here & that is think outside of the box.

This made for a good date or bar fragrance if that is your thing & it appealed to the younger audience which I think it may have been targeted towards. It is not juvenile, but has this young man quality about it.

Unfortunately I grew tried of this & sold it as I did not have a need for it. Projection is on the low side for me, while longevity was around 6-7 hours which is good for an EDT! PH has it cult following & I can see why because for a designer release it will conjure up compliments & will grab attention. Tho for me there are better options out there that suits my needs. Enjoy!

Amazon1975Amazon1975 10 months ago
The bottles on these are so bad. Kind of funky but spray is woeful. Made up for by a excellent juice..... longevity isn't massive on me.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
Fragrant Honeyed Tobacco, Vanilla & Cocoa blended to perfection in the opening and heart notes; a trail of Amber & Resins in the drydown.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 18 months ago
A great honeyed gourmand. There's cocoa, honey and tobacco. It's great for breezy fall days. The best flanker of the A* Men line. Recommende
Oscarsh86Oscarsh86 19 months ago
Cherry-smelling tobacco. Nice.
AmberScentAmberScent 19 months ago
This is one of the few very gourmand perfumes I like. The honeyed tobacco just gives it a superlative tone of excellent pipe tobacco scent.
BreadyBready 20 months ago
Excellent scent!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Overhyped. Pure tonka, Krypto and even the original A*men are way way better than this one
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
An outgoing, delicious scent best for social scenarios where you want to get noticed. And admired. Possibly followed.

by Miggax
by Nw1990
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Mugler

Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler