A*Men Pure Havane 2011

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler
Top 34 in Men's Perfume
A*Men Pure Havane is a popular perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.
Scent goes well with Spicebomb

Jacques Huclier

Top Notes Top NotesHoneyed tobaccoHoneyed tobacco
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoaCocoa PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris LabdanumLabdanum StyraxStyrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.05.2022.

PURE HAVANE
Mugler had a typo when they named this fragrance. It should have been called Pure Heaven.

I joke, I joke. I do love the Havane reference. It makes me think of sitting on a beach somewhere in Cuba with a drink in one hand and a cigar in the other. Which is ideal - as that is exactly the vibe that this scent exudes upon application and all the way through.

I won't wax lyrical too much here, but I fully admit I slept way too long on this one. After having the chance to pick up a 100ml for around $165NZD ($112USD), I just went for it as this one doesn't really pop up in New Zealand much.

I sprayed this on, 2-3 sprays to the chest under a white linen shirt, and immediately, audibly "wow" escaped my mouth. I won't go into the notes as they have been done to death below, but for me personally, I get that fresh tobacco (fresh! not old), which to me is the nicest tobacco note I have ever smelt in a fragrance, as well as the luxurious honey/vanilla/cacao trifecta - which just goes on, and on, and on. I could smell it on the linen shirt the day after, and the day after that (literally two days+).

Some mention cherry - I only personally smell this right at the top as a blast of beautiful sweetness, but my girlfriend smells it on me for some time in the first hour. Perhaps a bit of nose blindness going on as this thing is a bit of a quiet powerhouse.

I feel like this is the scent I have been searching for. Which is terrible! As it seems as though it's destined to be another in the pile of discontinued scents that I will forever crave that end up on eBay for 4x the price. If it was still current, would no doubt be my forever signature scent. I will cherish my bottle for as long as I possibly can.

Personally I'd wear this every day, but for most I'd probably say not in the dead hot heat of summer. Warm is okay (15-20c) but not 20c+.

A masterpiece of a fragrance, and if you have the chance to even get a small decant, just to experience this beautiful scent, I encourage it.

L'Oréal, if you're reading this - please bring this back - I have no doubts it'd sell.
A*Men Pure Havane or XJ 1861 Naxos
It is extremely regrettable that Pure Havane has been discontinued - that much up front. Because there is currently no other way to capture the basic theme of "honey" in a masculine fragrance somehow better. The olfactory impression of this pleasing fragrance is perfectly round. So is its progression: a perfect ball rolling down a glass slab. And it does so for many hours. Nothing bounces, nothing jumps, nothing rattles. You get a mildly vanilla, golden meadow honey resting on a semi-dry tobacco leaf, which in turn radiates mildly fine spice (not herbaceous, not herbal sap-like). The whole thing is wrapped in a covered honeycomb of honey wax, so that the very fine, herbaceous plant scents, which are inevitably picked up when collecting the pollen, are filtered away. Any presumed sticky sweetness also disappears through this neutral wax filter: only an idea of minimal caramel-like maltiness reaches the nose, supported by a dusting of cocoa. That's about it. Nothing floral, smoky, leathery. No powder.

The Xerjoff you can basically imagine for now also so. But it does not remain! In addition, an earthy-peaty fragrance chord joins. One thinks now and then to sniff out delicate leather of the softest luxury quality. Or even a trace of pine resin or young pine needles. Whereby this peaty strongly weakens the vanilla. The Xerjoff is thus noticeably more complex.

Is more complex now equal to better? Given one would take both fragrances lovingly, that much is certain. The Mugler awakens the association of a meadow honey-tobacco melancholy covered in a gossamer beeswax honeycomb. You smell that very honeycomb structure - that's the Pure Havane. The Xerjoff develops the theme further. One associates a wild bee just flying home to the hive, packed with forest honey, over a hazy peatland to deliver the precious cargo. One smells, so to speak, the flying insect, to which the scent impressions of the "workplace of nature" are additionally attached. The olfactory impression is thus greater, but also somehow more pungent in association. In the case of Naxos, the natural trappings are added on top of the Mugler honey, as an encore, so to speak. The fragrance space depicted in the Xerjoff is larger - more complex. The overall concept is different. The Mugler is the extracted result, the end of the chain. The Xerjoff is also the protocol of its creation. Moreover, its top note is much richer. The top note of the Xerjoff is actually really better!

I ultimately decided to purchase a bottle of Pure Havane. However, the probability of getting the 100 ml Mugler at a reasonable price (mid 50 euros) is minimal in autumn 2021. The Xerjoff, on the other hand, is freely available, a big plus. Both fragrances are great. Read somewhere here once: if you love the Mugler, you'll adore the Xerjoff. This is so true, as the Xerjoff tells the whole story, thus is more perfect in the sense of high definition. More creation telling. More pure, however, is the Havane - Pure Havane just as the name says!
Dennis79
Pure Havane vs. ck one Shock (comparison)
In search of a tobacco fragrance I came across this *Pure Havane* through some reviews. Likewise, I own the ck one Shock by Calvin Klein, which is equally traded among the Parfumos as a cheap alternative. Time for a self-test with my skin and nose :-)

Fragrance Pure Havane (8/10) vs. ck one Shock (7/10):
At first sniff, both have similar scent DNA, detached from the stated scent pyramid. On the surface, both scents smell like the delicious little cherry lollipops from my childhood - the ck one Shock more so than the Havane. The opening of the Havane has a slightly herbaceous honey tobacco smell to it and the Shock has cardamom. Cardamom basically goes into a blend of eucalyptus paired with a spicy-bitter undertone (here I got the spice specifically because I didn't know it myself). The Shock smells rather sweet-fresh cherry with slight synthetics, meanwhile the Cuban ranges in quality from slightly sweet cherry-honey tobacco - rather more serious. A little tiring at first (because intense), the Havane evolves into a very pleasant tobacco scent on drydown, with a little honey thrown in. Very nice. Winner is here eindeutidg the Havane for me!

SILLAGE Pure Havane (8/10) vs. one Shock (7/10):
Tested side by side, the Cuban easily has the edge, though the Shock also projects well. From both one should not apply too much.

DURABILITY Pure Havane (9/10) vs. one Shock (7/10):
On my skin long hold both well so about 8 hrs at the Havane - the Shock 5-6 hours.

At what time should you wear the fragrances in my opinion?
The Havane because of the projection and durability rather in winter or cold autumn.
The Shock alternatively autumn and/or winter.

For whom would I recommend the fragrances?
Since the tobacco comes through well with the Cuban, I imagine somehow a real guy with cigar in the mouth - age >30 years.
The Shock should be very wearable even by teens or young adults, because the synthetic is sweet - is for me a pleasing party scent that smells like cherry lollipops.

Conclusion:
Is it worth it to buy the Pure Havane (about 80 € / 100ml) when you can get the ck Shock for a fraction of the price (25 € / 200ml)? From my point of view for real perfume lovers YES!
Reason is for me the more adult fragrance DNA (more tobacco, instead of synthetic cherry) as well as the brilliant, gentle drydown. However, who wants to have a kind of similar clone for the club, which gets hold of a real Cheapie for pocket money with the Shock!

Batch 0636075 is very average
I'm disappointed after all the hype with my batch (0636075). I was expecting something wonderful after all the praise from influencers and blog reviews...
It's very subdued - projection & sillage moderate.
Last just a few hours - all gone in 3-4 hours..

Doesn't seem to be much better even on clothes

I've got to assume recent batches are much weaker than before or this is just massively overhyped.

I find the scent and performance of this makes it perfect for an office environment - won't offend anyone (if they can even smell it!)

And what's with the bottle?

Gourmand Tobacco
This gourmand Tobacco scent in autumn appears to me as a rich and dense concoction of patchouli, dried tobacco leaves, cherries, vanilla, honey and nuts.
With its fruitchouli facet, it sometimes even reminds me of Mademoiselle Coco - as if a few drops of MC were added to A*Men and decorated with a good-quality and non-sticky gourmand accord. It's really beautiful and just perfect for cold days.
Faborio
Mugler A*Men Pure Havane simply hammer like no other!
It is now poorly available, so I bought two as reserves. Presumably it was discontinued, unimaginable. The fragrance is simply brilliant and gives enough compliments. This fragrance should be at the forefront of every perfumery!!! Honey, tobacco just awesome!!! As a perfume lover you have to own it for sure. Not an everyday fragrance as it is very striking. Rather for occasions, events. I can only recommend to everyone!
Love at second sight
First of all, I have to confess that my nose is not very good - even quite bad. Therefore, do not take it amiss if I do not smell out every scent. I bought Pure Havane almost two years ago based on the reviews and descriptions and had corresponding expectations. When the package arrived, I couldn't wait and quickly ripped it open. However, the first spray was a shock to me! I found this scent just awful and had firmly resolved to sell it again immediately. Also because I found it somehow very feminine. I can't relate to that reaction at all today. I kept sniffing it on my hand throughout the day and became more and more taken with it as time went on. I now love Pure Havane and wear it often and very much in winter. On my skin, this fragrance seems to last very well and for a long time as I perceive it very long and quite intense despite my rather bad nose. I definitely don't want to miss it anymore! Only the sprayer on the bottles of this series is totally annoying....
Pure Havane
A very cozy and cuddly fragrance for the evening,
Smells like church honey tobacco. The overall package is a sweet gourmand with good durability, rather unisex. In autumn and winter it gives the most compliments and I think everyone who loves shisha will like this fragrance. It's really not for everyone, but any fan of gourmand scents will probably like this one too. To explain it for outsiders who have no idea about perfume: It smells like fair than shisha tobacco

Pure Heaven
In our quest to find the perfect perfume most of us look for fragrances that put a smile on our face. Pure Havane is a fitting example for me, and I assume for many of us.

It opens up with a sweet, cherry honeyed tobacco, which still has a raw edge to it. It isn't a smooth tobacco, I would say. Rather a rough yet not dirty tobacco.

This perfumes keeps pushing on my skin, allowing me to get whiffs of it during the whole day. It's like my own private amusement: it encourages me to move around - which is a good thing to do during those challenging Covid-times - in order to remind myself how good it smells.

Hence the title: Pure Heaven.
Similarities to Xerjoff Naxos
Yes, you can definitely say that there are clear similarities in the fragrance DNA. The honey note, the sweetness. But, for me, it's as if Xerjoff has endowed the fragrance with more facets, it just seems rounder. Also, the silage is not comparable. From the price-performance ratio, however, the A*Men Pure Havane is really good.

HermeshHermesh 4 months ago
The gourmand notes of honey and cocoa form a clever counterpoint to tobacco and spices, so that the scent does not seem too sweet. Great!
JMWeedJMWeed 5 months ago
Possibly my favorite tobacco scent, a very soft masculine sweetness. Well rounded tobacco/honey that stands above others.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 9 months ago
So what you smell is sweet pipe tobacco with a cherry note, honey, cocoa and amber. Beautiful blend, truly shines during colder days
RisingChaosRisingChaos 11 months ago
Gentle tobacco-vanilla-honey, maybe a hint of cocoa. Earthy patchouli and sweet amber creep in during drydown. Almost sickly sweet.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Pure Havane is a sweet gourmand, addictive. The scent is linear but it's a perfect blend of moist tobacco with honey, cocoa and patchouli.
Djsc23Djsc23 1 year ago
+ : Delicious blending of the honeyed tobacco and vanilla scents. At times it gives some cherry vibes too. Simply great!
- : Poor bottle
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
After a bright floral-powdery opening, this warm and spicy/sweet oriental Gourmand slowly settles to a dusty resinous-woody base. Very cozy!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
The bottles on these are so bad. Kind of funky but spray is woeful still an excellent fragrance longevity isn't good on me. Still fantastic.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The type of scent that pleases the men who wear it and the lady that smells it. There is something magic about the honeyed tobacco note.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 years ago
A great honeyed gourmand. There's cocoa, honey and tobacco. It's great for breezy fall days. The best flanker of the A* Men line. Recommende

by Royalo
by Nw1990
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular by Mugler

Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler