A*Men Pure Havane (2011)

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler

Top 28 in Men's Perfume
A*Men Pure Havane is a popular perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Jacques Huclier

Top Notes Top NotesHoneyed tobacco
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Labdanum, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.08.2020.

Condorpilot1
A Mugler who knows how to inspire
Normally, most of the fragrances in Thierry Mugler's A*My range seem to have a touch of the original A*Men, at least in their base. First of all: Pure Havanne doesn't follow this line, but has a completely different character.

Yes, at the beginning after spraying A*Men is already very sweet. This honey tobacco note reminds me in its character of Paco Rabannes 1 Million Privé, where the note "Shisha tobacco" is listed. The top note of Pure Havanne is slightly sweeter and fruity, the top note of Privé is a bit spicier. Nevertheless I find the opening of both fragrances comparable. Additionally I perceive an ethereal note for a short time, which reminds me of sage. I also perceive something cherry-like in the first 3-5 minutes, which reminds me of cherry yoghurt of cherry ice cream. Really tasty with cherry pieces in it. After the cherry disappears, the tobacco becomes spicy-sweet and basically accompanies the smell until the end.

After a good half hour Pure Havanne gains a little bit of complexity, even if it has to be said that this pyramid of fragrances is quite simply constructed. Personally, I prefer it that way, too, as if the fragrances are overloaded with notes and merge into an indefinable mixture. Admittedly I can't sniff cocoa, but something earthy, which could be patchouli. Afterwards, however, the fragrance remains linear, long-lasting (7-8 hours) and soothing for the next few hours. In my opinion, the drydown is almost unisex, as long as the scent would have a little less smokiness.

All in all it is fun to smell it again and again, the Sillage is perceptible for a long time and radiates clearly outwards. Pure Havanne knows how to please especially in autumn and winter as a casual fragrance and is a great addition to any collection!
All Achieved
Already the ingredients of the pyramid inspired me so much that I couldn't avoid trying them.
Honey for breakfast and dark chocolate in the evening, I enjoy quite often.
Therefore get a feeling like, feet up, it is all done.
A spicy base carries the sweet and appetizing cocoa note. It develops into powdery dessert scent. To bite into.
In addition there is a smoky note, which could remind you of weak pipe tobacco.
Now in winter I find this very appropriate. For the summertime perhaps to derb.
Nevertheless, I now have something to enjoy chocolate without gaining weight.

Mischa99
A cherry scent for the woman ? Surprise - but not !
At the beginning I was very surprised by the strong sweet cherry note. She was always present almost to the end, which always irritated me a little. But this Mugler is not a women's fragrance, because it is already clearly chocolate-covered after the smoky cherry. In the further process I thought to smell also something leathery. The fragrance was always accompanied by a fresh note, which was very pleasant. Towards the end of the beautiful fragrance development I thought I smelled incense and very clearly patchouli. After 4-5 hours the A Men pure Havane was smoky on my skin. What remained was a somewhat stale breeze of incense. (as with quite a lot of perfumes) I could imagine the scent in my collection because of the beautiful overall picture and the great course. Because of the usual ending, there is a half point deduction from the maximum score, that is an 8.5 from me.

ScentSlave
You can definitely tell this one is related to pure malt;
Just a hair sweeter, with a tad more silage. My wife seems to enjoy this one a bit more than it’s older brother BECAUSE of this sweetness. It’s a quite a bit smoother as well. The cocoa note is definitely present, and the tobacco isn’t as loud as I was expecting it to be.

The mid notes are AMAZING when they start to emerge... my oh my... THIS is why the ladies prefer this one over its older brother (malt). Such a unique blend; So dark, so masculine, yet oh so sweet.... I am enjoying this one quite a bit.

Ernie824
Amen to that for Pure Havane.
Received the Pure Havane this week from Fragrancenet.com
I have the Mugler Pure Havane and not the Thierry Mugler, from posted reviews on the web, that Pure Havane has been reformulated and has performance/longevity issues. When I received this fragrance I sprayed two sprays on the left and right arms, to test the longevity/performance on my skin the scent lasted between 12-15+ hrs so no longevity/performance issue there. So I will make it my SOTD as of 12/13/18.

SOTD: 12/13/18

Pure Havane is my very first fragrance from the House of Mugler and very first in the Amen line.

Love the scent of Pure Havane, I scent on my nose the cinnamon, tobacco, honey and I do scent a hint of cocoa. Per Fragrantica middle notes mentioned a vanilla note in which I detect to my nose. Parfumo website does not mention the vanilla note on the middle/heart notes. Still waiting for Pure Tonka and I will do a comparison of the two. For the meantime Havane is my favorite in the Amen line.

Scent: 9/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: on my skin I get around between 12-15+ hrs
Presentation/Design: 8/10 Sprayer: 6/10-Horrible sprayer
Overall: 9/10
Just without much Blaaaaaaaa
I don't want to beat around the bush.......... I spray and feel really pudelwohl, as if little Sebastian has just made himself a delicious pudding with quite a lot of sauce.
For me one of the tastiest treats to spray....... Next to egg liqueur spray cream
I say yes
I say yes to Pure Havane!

I say yes, I smell a cherry. Sweet and sour, it wraps itself broadly around you after application.

I say yes I'll take the honey too. He holds the cherry, manifests it and accompanies it on its way.

I say yes to cocoa. This one comes a while later and joins us. Makes the whole thing more harmonious.

I say yes to vanilla. That may be patchouli, but it comes over vanilla and fits perfectly.

I say yes to the ambergris, which comes across very easily balsamic and supports the existing tobacco.

I say yes, I like the whole thing damn well.

I say yes, I want to wear it more often.

I say yes I am thrilled.

I say yes to a Mugler, which doesn't happen very often.

I say yes the fragrance is sweet for me personally but not too exaggerated.

I say yes, you have to like that.

I say yes, it lasts a damn long time. Still noticed the next morning.

I say yes that's better to wear when it's cooler.

I say yes that's cuddly.

I say yes, you can smell it against the wind for miles if you take too much.

I say yes, come to my collection. Be welcome and join the others.

I say yes all this is worth a comment to me.

I say yes you don't need to tell much more.

I say yes I am finished with my execution now.

I say yes to Pure Havane.
Morpheus1
Vintage wins: a cherry / honey tobacco dream
I'm just going crazy about the vintage version, that's why this review. I have a batch of November 2010.

I want to write a comparison between the vintage version and the current version.

My statement referred to the current version.

The old vintage version has cocoa in it at the beginning. Then there is a beautiful, juicy, slightly sour cherry note and finally the honey tobacco note, which I have already fallen in love with. The cherry is not really a cherry, one perceives the honey tobacco as such. You can smell the tobacco discreetly, but not disturbingly. Honey is also clearly there, the main chord, but less as in the current version. The Vintage projects the scent more finely and essentially more balanced, but also stronger. My first Mugler and a direct hit. He's not just cute as hell. There's more to it than that, you can smell nuances.

The current version, on the other hand, simply smells sweet like honey. I don't smell cocoa or tobacco notes. Relatively flat and monotonous the whole. As so often after reformulations, very very sad.

A wonderful fragrance as a vintage version.

Pure Havane
Pure Havane is one of the better designer releases of recent years. A popular one at that. I owned PH for a while & it was a nice little addition to my ever growing collection. The tobacco, honey, vanilla & cherry note tho not listed it is there, was very nice. I got no cacao from this. The execution is good as I can see what Mugler was trying to do here & that is think outside of the box.

This made for a good date or bar fragrance if that is your thing & it appealed to the younger audience which I think it may have been targeted towards. It is not juvenile, but has this young man quality about it.

Unfortunately I grew tried of this & sold it as I did not have a need for it. Projection is on the low side for me, while longevity was around 6-7 hours which is good for an EDT! PH has it cult following & I can see why because for a designer release it will conjure up compliments & will grab attention. Tho for me there are better options out there that suits my needs. Enjoy!

Sweet Tobacco King
This fragrance makes you feel good !!!
Tobacco (the moist honeyed tobacco kind), Honey, Vanilla and Cocoa have been blended to perfection in the opening and heart notes. The perfume leaves a trail for a long dry down tamed by Amber and Resins.
Just don't use it under hot weather, in the seaside or gym. All other situations are allowed.
You may either love this fragrance or there is something wrong with your nose and you need a nose doctor.
Very good to read a book by the fireplace? - YES (or other activities in front of the fireplace)
Very good for any kind of date? - YES
Very good for intimacy? - YES
Very good for the office? - YES
Very good for a fancy dinner or a night out? - YES
Will you receive a lot of compliments? - YES
Very good for clubbing? - YES
Everyone else will be wearing it? - NO
It is enough manly, enough gourmand, enough spicy... enough said!

My rates for TM A*MEN PURE HAVANE:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent opening:........10.0 (in the top 10 of all men sweet fragrances for me)
Scent drydown):.......9.0
Longevity: ................9.0 (It's not a beast but it's close to)
Sillage:.......................8.5 (above average)
Uniqueness:.............9.0 (Other A*Men, Naxos and Reyane Insurrecton II Wild don't justify taking more than 1.0)
Wearability:..............8.0 (avoid hot weather)
Versatility:.................9.0 (don't use it at the beach or gym. Don't use it as well near your ex wife. It might bring her back!)
Compliments:...........9.0 (Both men and women have a very positive and enthusiastic reaction to this scent)
Quality:......................9.0 (shame for the not efficient sprayer)
Presentation:............8.0 (that's the A*Men flanker bottle with the worst presentation due to a very "plastic" brown cover)
Price:..........................8.5 (€45~€50 - above average cost of a good designer cologne, although being quite unique; nevertheless it is one of the cheapest A*Men flankers)
Overall rating: 8,8210.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Pure Havane":
It's one of the current fragrance landmarks. It's the kind of "everybody likes it" fragrance (and many love it). It is also adictive. If you buy it once, you will use it till the end of your days.
Recomended? Yes! - Blind buy worthy? No! - Do try it before.

Music: Barry Manilow - "Copacabana (the hottest spot north of Havana)"

Amazon1975Amazon1975 7 months ago
The bottles on these are so bad. Kind of funky but spray is woeful. Made up for by a excellent juice..... longevity isn't massive on me.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 13 months ago
Fragrant Honeyed Tobacco, Vanilla & Cocoa blended to perfection in the opening and heart notes; a trail of Amber & Resins in the drydown.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 15 months ago
A great honeyed gourmand. There's cocoa, honey and tobacco. It's great for breezy fall days. The best flanker of the A* Men line. Recommende
Oscarsh86Oscarsh86 16 months ago
Cherry-smelling tobacco. Nice.
AmberScentAmberScent 16 months ago
This is one of the few very gourmand perfumes I like. The honeyed tobacco just gives it a superlative tone of excellent pipe tobacco scent.
BreadyBready 18 months ago
Excellent scent!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 23 months ago
Overhyped. Pure tonka, Krypto and even the original A*men are way way better than this one
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
An outgoing, delicious scent best for social scenarios where you want to get noticed. And admired. Possibly followed.

by Miggax
by Russelrunner
by Nw1990
by Nw1990

Popular Mugler

Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler