A*Men Pure Malt 2009

A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler
Top 47 in Men's Perfume
A*Men Pure Malt is a popular limited perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Limited Edition

MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
PeatPeat
WhiskyWhisky
Malt CO2Malt CO2
Coffee absoluteCoffee absolute
CedarwoodCedarwood
WoodsWoods

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.09.2021.

Doctorflower
Elegant but individual and great
The is first so quite normal elegant, but then has something playful in the sense, something very interesting. In the background is always something elegant, something creamy patchouliges what is stronger than something that is stereotypically the case with many alcohol-based perfumes. Then there's that whiskey-sugar-fruit-malt note. I sprayed myself heavily with it once at night and the next morning I thought, "WOW!". Somewhere I heard that it's a tough guy scent but I can't agree with that at all. After all, this whiskey malt doesn't wear without sweetness and patchouli, plus vanilla folded out. Vanilla is the softest toughest scent I know. Other perfumes probably break down when you spray like hell, but here the notes still stood neatly side by side and worked. Not that you run around in this state but the perfume actually got even better, along the lines of more helps more. These notes wouldn't date together every day, they had a memorable day though. Much more gourmand than others. Pure Malt is what I would call a work of art. I'm also excited to wear this in sub-zero temperatures, it's sure to give an unexpected contrast.
Bad Boy Scent
A*Men Pure Malt a how I call him bad boy scent. This fragrance is actually stored in whiskey barrels for several months whereby his alcoholic note is still very nice rounded.
Let's get to the fragrance : A fresh, masculine alcoholic fragrance which receives a certain sweetness due to the malt.
Combined with a leather jacket, the Pure Malt has for me, the absolute bad boy vibes.
A fragrance which is unique in its DNA, I know no similar.
Great when it comes to smell unique and generate attention.
Perfect for the seasons autumn / winter / spring

Suitable perfect for:

- Date
- Bars

if H+S were better, a fragrance which I would buy 10 times.
Malty sweet perennial
My first foray into the boozie direction. Find the scent terrible, but quality and performance are outstanding. Who likes to drink here and appreciate a single malt, will love this fragrance.
Mine ends up in the souk. Was a blind buy due to the outstanding reviews here and the recommendation of some Influenzer.
Landed in the souk, like the atomic bomb Bentley the Man intense.

Razvanyke
What a surprise, the underdog who gets the job done
I have over 20 perfumes, all of them great, longlasting and high quality. In order to wish a new addition to the collection, must be really good.

I sniffed the Pure Malt and its love at first spray, as the cliché says it. It is playful, mature and addictive.

With this in mind, I oversniffed the tester strip and now will go search for a bottle.

Pure Havane was a nice scent but more from hype than from my nose, Pure Malt is wow .. Mugler you did a good job.

Warm, cosey, (slightly) boozy palatable A*men sibling
Sinds the late 90s I have been in love with A*men. Finding it a bit to edgy at the time, I never wore it then. Not caring so much now and fragrance times that have changed, made me ware the original A*men now and I'm pretty happy with my 2012 bottle.

I read sooooo many good reviews about pure malt and pure havane and after reading a lot about them I chose Pure Malt. I bought it at a retailer in 2019 and was so lucky to get an old bottle of 2015 that still was before the l'oreal takeover. It still has "Thierry Mugler" on it. I only found out afterward, that there was a difference. I have never smelled the "Mugler" version.

The scent is pretty sweet and smoother than the original. Warm caramelly, coffeeish and very slightly boozy. This is an original scent, but is no way bold niche whiskey fragrance.

If it's name was not pure malt, I would never associated it with whiskey. And if I associate it now, it is with very smooth, whiskey, with no rough salty or peaty elements what soever.

The performance is good for me. Good longevity, a whole day long and good projection for the first few hours. No super beast, but as I wrote many times. I don't need beastmode all the time.

This is not really a complex scent, fairly lineair, but very good none the less if you can pick it up at a discounter for a warm gourmandish, smoother take on A*men.

I still love the A*men bottle, also with the warm caramelly liquid in the star. The sprayer is awful as with all rubber A*men bottles, unless you cut it, but I'm not going to wreck my Pure Malt bottle...

Golcher
the hype is well justified
I blind bought A*Men a year or two ago and I just hated it, I wasn’t prepared to what A*Men was I was just aware it was a very popular scent and I really regretted ever purchasing. However, after I overcame the bad taste in my mouth I decided I’d give a chance to some of the more interesting flankers, namely Pure Tonka, Pure Malt and Pure Havane.

Last year I went to Boston, MA and sampling frags was one of the pursposes and I found Pure Malt at a Macy’s so I went ahead and sprayed. There is that god awful dna there however it seems toned down and it does work well with the other notes, they complement each other creating a beautiful scent. It’s fruity and it’s sweet, I don’t get the booze at least not as much as everyone else does but it’s gorgeous. I didn’t buy yet, it was on the expensive side so I just put it in my wishlist, funny enough I found Pure Coffee a day later in a T.J Maxx so I went home with it.

I ended up getting Pure Malt in the end, it’s my SOTN and it’s intoxicating, it lead me to write this review. Performance is great, I’m on the 7th hour and I can still smell it and according to the wifey it still projects so great bang for the buck. The only issue is with those damn sprayers, c’mon Mugler you can do better than those shitty sprayers

Rquill67
What more is there to say?
What more can I say that someone else hasn't already stated? Mugler's Pure Malt is a masterpiece. It's boozy, light, fruity, sweet and earthy. It opens with more whiskey than on the dry-down, but that's okay. Mugler is one of the best houses when it comes to gourmand fragrances for both men and women. I give this gem a 10 / 10! Pick it up while you can, because L'Oreal recently bought the Mugler line of fragrances and who knows what will happen next.

Good designer fragrance
Pure Malt was created in 2009 and in honor of traditional Scottish whiskey. It is one of my favorite boozy scents. It is a mix between fruity, whiskey and sweet notes. The notes that stand out the most are obviously malt, Fruity notes and whiskey. Absolutely amazing designer scent and I’m proud to add this to my collection. Out of all the A*men line this is my favorite one. Pure Havane is not bad at all but I already own Naxos which is more or less the same fragrance. What is your favorite A*man Fragrance ?
Patchouli and malt beer
I must confess, I did not dare to order a bottling of this fragrance while looking at the notes.
But I'm glad I got a sample from someone.
My first impression:
Patchouli and malt.
This smells kind of cool Coffee and wood also get through easily.
Musk only at the end and not excessive.
It's all built on the A*Man foundation The original scent DNA is definitely there and that's good. I like the scent.
That's 'cause my ex-boyfriend was wearing it. I asked the question about his perfume directly on the first date.
That's the way it is among perfume fanatics.

In any case, I find this variation much better than expected.
But you have to like patchouli and malt beer too...at least from the smell I find the fragrance successful and not as obtrusive or unpleasant as you might think when you look at this pyramid.
Masculine he is, but rather cool than cool and rather dominant than reserved.
At the same time it can be cuddly and warming.
Yeah, I'm still talking about the smell
So maybe I will order a bottling after all, now that I know what to expect.
Shelf life and Sillage are in the green range.
Holiday in the Highlands
I got this fragrance as a present last year, the brand and the fragrance were unknown to me until then and until today I only know this fragrance from Mugler.
But maybe this will change soon.

This fragrance reminds me of my holiday about 2 1/2 years ago, in November 2017 in Scotland. For me there were two reasons to visit this country, the beautiful landscapes and the Single Malt. We made a 10 day round trip there and visited four distilleries. This scent of Mugler reminds me of the moments when you, with two distilleries this was possible during the tour, enter the warehouse, the building where hundreds or even thousands of casks filled with whisky are lying. One immediately smells the single malt but also wood and a musty note. In one distillery they mainly worked with casks that previously contained sherry, there was also a sweetness in the room. Exactly this is what this scent reminds me of. Sweet whisky, wood and a musty, earthy note I like this scent extraordinarily well. It definitely lasts on my skin the whole day, even though the sillage and projection may decrease during the course of the day, but this scent is perceived by others all day long. I have often been asked by colleagues which scent I would wear this one and received compliments. For me this scent belongs in the seasons autumn and winter and is wearable in all situations. For a day in the office, however, I would recommend to be careful with the sprayer, for a nice walk and a party etc. it may be 1-2 sprayers more.
If you are looking for a strong, thoroughly masculine fragrance, if you like sweet scents and do not shy away from the alcoholic note, then I can warmly recommend this fragrance to you. Especially because it is quite affordable. You don't have to be afraid that others might think you've had a pub crawl the night before, that's not how it smells.
But the whisky is a component I perceive all day long.

Aquarius1Aquarius1 2 months ago
0.5
I like boozy fragrances, but this made me hurl. Smells like beer past its expiration date. The worst fragrance I've ever smelled so far.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 3 months ago
A*Men line fan here, but hard pass on that. Smells like a glass of a cheap, half-drunk beer, left to be dried down for few days. Yuck.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Orange creamsicle, with some woods as it dries down. More versatile than the consensus IMO, but not great performance.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
It is a perfume in which a sweet, liqueur fragrance stands out, with a slight hint of wood.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
You can very prominently pick out the malted barley smell. What a unique and wonderful fragrance. Thanks Mugler
TorkeTorke 7 months ago
Fun, cheeky boozy scent.
Malt and Whisky is very promenant, great for a night out.
Has great longevity and stays with you the whole night
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Sweet, gourmand, boozy, spicy, woody. Perfect blend of malt with patchouli that gives a coffee/chocolate touch to the scent. A must-have.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 8 months ago
Fruity boozy sweet, really enjoyable and playful fragrance
TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
I had high expectations about that one, but... Cheap coca-cola, sugar powder, donut, fruits. No depth at all. Awful, unwearable 3/10
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This perfume always remembers me the scent of a tasty and sweet Irish coffee with hint of smokiness. It exudes comfort and class. I love it!

by Moreno
by Chris5ch
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler