A*Men Ultra Zest 2015

A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler
A*Men Ultra Zest is a popular limited perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fruity-sweet. It was last marketed by Clarins. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesTangerineTangerine Blood orangeBlood orange GingerGinger MintMint
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffeeCoffee CinnamonCinnamon Black pepperBlack pepper
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla Tonka beanTonka bean PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.08.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Ufooo
My start into the perfume world and all time favorite (until now)
It is now more than 4 years ago that I started to inform myself about fragrances. Before that I always wore fragrances that my father brought me. These were always just mainstream scents that you could smell on every corner. The gifts made me happy, because I had not yet discovered the great perfume cosmos As I became more and more informed, I was drawn deeper and deeper into this matter.

With a small budget I started searching and found the Ultra Zest next to Nautica Voyage (it had to be summer scents as it took me to a warm foreign country for a longer time).
When I think about my last perfume purchases, I know that I bought them online and they arrived a few days later.
With the Ultra Zest I had to think of something, because it was sold out in Germany.
I got it on the Austrian Douglas website and had to find a way to get the package to Germany because Douglas Austria did not ship to Germany (why should I?). I found a service on the internet that accepts parcels within AU and forwards them to DE. No sooner said than done it finally arrived and I have never been so excited about a fragrance before!

It begins very fruity, citric after sweetish (blood) orange. Reminds a bit of the orange Tictacs, just delicious! As it progresses, it becomes softer and remains delicious, only in a different way than at the beginning. I find vanilla and tonka bean can be smelled. It envelops you with a warm, slightly spicy sweetness that lasts for a long time On super hot days it gets "sticky", but towards evening, when it cools down a bit, you can definitely wear it anyway! If I'm not mistaken, I received my very first perfume compliment for this fragrance, by the way - a nice memory!
I am sad about the fact that I did not buy another bottle at that time and that I treated it wastefully. Who could have guessed, what a piece of jewellery I got (at least for me).
I hope that he will come back sometime, because he will probably remain forever one of my favorites, farewell my friend!
Summer in different.
First of all: Ultra Zest is my favourite summer/spring scent besides Annayake Tomo Vetiver.

How the sometimes extremely negative comments came about is difficult to explain to me and I am glad that I more or less by chance received a sample and approached the fragrance without prejudice.

According to my nose, Ultra Zest is not a 0815 summer scent like so many others and I think it is very difficult to create a really prominent summer scent because the scent components associated with the warmer seasons, such as fruit and aquatic, hardly allow for uniqueness.
But in my opinion Ultra Zest manages this best without deviating from the summery flair and somehow getting too fancy.
It is a very pleasing scent, which in my environment has never been used for nasal trunks, but has only led to positive feedback.

Yes, the grapefruit/orange is the leading horse all the time, but unlike Acqua di Parma fragrances, for example, it is less creamy but rather very masculine and can be described as electrifying.
A light shower note can be sensed in the background, which by no means looks cheap and perfectly underlines the fruity effervescence and brings freshness.
Durability is okay and the projection is really good for a summer scent!
It is a real summerPARFUME and not a summer scent, which resembles more a deodorant in scent and projection, as unfortunately too often.

I can recommend everyone to give this fragrance a chance It's a great pity it's no longer in production.

Smellavision
A short zest of blood orange...
Opening with a terrific blood orange and tangerine blast this is quite a different take on the earlier A-Men versions that mainly focus on the warmer sweeter territories. This blood orange is sweet, but not as synthetically sweet as i.e. Rabannes cloying Ultrared for Men. Of course, you get the classic TM patchouli/vanilla and a hint of coffee drydown as in most A-Men varieties (the Mugliernade ??) but this was probably to be expected.

I see it as a warmer weather scent, but could also be refreshing in colder temps perhaps ? Unfortunately, the blood orange zestiness disappears within an hour, I would really love this to have continued throughout the drydown for some more freshness. Also I find the overall longevity of, say, Pure Malt to be better than this one, but that could be caused by the citrus elements that often fade out before other elements.

Overall - fresh and enjoyable but nothing groundbreaking.

Loooove it
so i was searching for a summer/spring fragrance and i found the best one in the market i'm becoming a fan of mugler's fragrances and especially the bottles this bottle will definitely stand out in my room, a citrucy openning thanks to the blood orange and tangerine so refreshing and so sweet (in a good way)

Ultra Zest review
Thierry Mugler's A*Men line has some real gems that have become classics, but where does this one stack up. Please enjoy my take on bugler's Ultra Zest.

8 short views on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Fresh and juicy blood orange opening. In the drydown, the scent is sweet, fruity, gourmand and spicy with coffee, vanilla and patchouli.
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
Thiz iz a zuper zpicy zweet zesty perfume.
There's nothing cooler than wear Ultra Zest while drinking an iced lemonade in a beach esplanade.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
A gentle and warm spicy-fruity Gourmand, balanced by an inviting fresh and juicy citric-fruity opening. 100% Unisex. Unique Summer scent!
Ka3nKa3n 1 year ago
unbelievable how good it is, I hope it will be resurrected and become a part of the line for good. Impeccable tangerines with coffee heart
RocendrollRocendroll 4 years ago
[Tak]Co za zapach. Obrzydzający po pierwszych kilku sekundach, jak guma do żucia po kilku minutach. Zacząłem cenić go za tą drugą twarz
More statements

Images

34 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler