Alien 2005Eau de Parfum

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Alien (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Black Opium (Eau de Parfum)

Jasmine sambac, Cashmere wood, Ambergris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.04.2021.

Christacita
On scent discovery in the ladies' room
If you think the title does not bode well, then you are wrong. After all, many a great encounter occurred in the ladies' room. Since a full bladder often torments me during my shopping, I am always well informed about their locations. Once again - after an extensive detour in the toy department with my daughter - rushing there, we discovered two young women there. I guess they were about 16, wearing lots of make-up and chatting happily with each other, giggling as only teenagers do. An intense scent rose to my nose. It smelled sweet and haunting. Also somehow oriental and totally different from anything I have smelled before. I liked the scent right away. Honestly, there were two scents that I smelled. Without further ado, I asked them what perfume they were using. The answer was Alien and Chanel 5. That's when I knew Alien was going to be my next perfume. Because Chanel 5 definitely won't be. What a great coincidence on a plain Tuesday! Off to the perfumery to buy Alien. No sooner said than done - and never regretted it.

Speaking of Alien. The monster, by the way, comes from an artist from my hometown Chur from Switzerland. H.R. Giger created the monster in 1979 and celebrated worldwide fame. The perfume probably does the same to the monster, even if a few years later. It is a source of enthusiasm for many ladies of all ages. I am one of them. Even if my nose has to be specially designed for this particular scent. Aliens are just from another planet....

Katy Perry feat. Kanye West - E.T
"You're so hypnotizing
Could you be the devil, could you be an angel
Your touch magnetizing
Feels like I am floating, leave my body glowing
They say be afraid You're not like the others, futuristic lover
Different DNA, they dont understand you!

You're from a whole other world
A different dimension
You open my eyes And I'm ready to go, lead me into the light?!"

The song to the perfume. Or the perfume to the song?
Anyway... katy Perry has always been to me a woman of otherworldly beauty.
Each of her music videos I've celebrated like a little movie, and I remember too well how "Last Friday Night" came along at just the right time, namely when I was about to get my braces and thought the world was going to end because of it and I was doomed to be ugly forever and ever.
Pahahahaha. And then along came a Katy Perry who had willingly done that to herself and looked magical in spite of it all (her hair in the video was also awful, if I recall correctly).

Well...
Back to the present.
In the is weekend, the sun is shining (and typical for Germany it is still damn cold) and 4ajbukoshka sits eating ice cream on a wall, after she has once again picked up her dose of adrenaline and heart attack at the Italian in passing.
As she sits there, in her 'new' - second hand bought - dress that suits her incredibly well, dreaming of the next meeting with the Italian, she Googles away.
'Date perfume' and the like lands in the search bar.
So that's how she comes across a more or less serious study where 66% of the (84) men surveyed said that a fragrant woman was much more attractive ("sexier") than a nicely dressed one.
(https://i2.wp.com/blog.scentbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/women_upd2.jpg)
Regardless of how reputable this supposed study is, 4ajbukoshka would like to believe it, and does.
It goes on to say that a guarantee of success in dating is supposed to be floral fragrances.
Flowery... floral... and yet not innocent, not too girly, not too stale and especially not non-4ajbukoshka,
so: not too quiet and with lots of drama, please.

4ajbukoshka thinks of all the times Signor Il heartbreaker had probably called her "cute" as a compliment, because she had picked up bees from the street in the rain and fed them sweet bits from the bakery - and because of the other things you probably shouldn't necessarily do anymore as an adult who considers herself mature.
No. She would like to shed that image.

'S* in a bottle' (thanks to Vivien1001 for the very apt comparison), THAT'S what Miss Genie with a Bottle needs now then.

And Alien gives her just that.
A unique, if seemingly simple formula that blows you away, that is loud, seductive, yet mysterious, interesting, exotic.
4ajbukoshka is now called Jasmine.
There's not much left in the little 3D cardboard box on her desk, but that should be enough.
The longevity and sillage is, as the name promises and delivers, out of this world and 4ajbukoshka, uhhh, Jasmine!!! still wears fragrances mainly for themselves.

Since double is known to keep better, 4ajbujasminkoshka is therefore soon to be met in her wonderful non-purple dress (one point deduction for the ugly color of the bottle is not enough to express my dislike of that color) adorned with alien and warbling secretly to the music from her headphones while waiting for Signor Il heartbreaker to fall for her...
"Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
Infect me with your love and fill me with your poison
Take me, ta-ta-take me
Wanna be your victim
Ready for addiction!"
Top three?
For years I have avoided Alien. Again and again I heard only negative things about Alien. Why actually? Probably because it was the "club scent" at the time. But I have never smelled Alien personally. But a fragrance that supposedly everyone wears can not be bad? Or?

Alien was so to speak a blind purchase for me.

Before of course first researched, YouTube videos etc....
At some point, I then had the courage together and got me Alien.
Immediately the 60 ml bottle.
Package arrived, unpacked full of anticipation as always with each package I get :-).
First sprüher gaaaannnz carefully and Wums. What a pleasant fragrance. Hmmm. Alien has liked me immediately at the first go. To me, Alien smells like clean, cozy laundry. Don't ask me why but I love it. Actually, I was expecting a very sexy scent but I don't find it sexy. I'm only talking about me of course. I feel very comfortable in Alien. My nose does not perceive Alien so strongly but my environment already (since I have to watch very well with my dosage) with me is often "more is more " :-)
Most find the scent very pleasant, have not yet collected any negative experiences. Jasmine one smells throughout. I do not get a headache as some here claim and I have not yet smelled / perceived Alien on others. I would definitely remember since Alien is also a signature candidate. You definitely don't forget the scent. However, it may be that its time has passed but for me it is just beginning.
Definitely in the top 3 of my collection.

PS: the durability is out of this world, my scarf smelled like Alien for weeks. Only came out after washing.
From another star
I tried Alien when it first came out. Since he still knew very few. I was totally flashed and had to have this extraordinary perfume absolutely. My husband, who in our many years together, had never lost a word about perfume, said on this day 'Hey honey, you smell good! Unfortunately, as quite a few have written here, it was worn to death, way too overdosed. Alien is a fragrance that is best used immediately in the morning after showering with 1 spritz, then it is beautifully extraordinary and just unmistakably Alien. You love it or you hate it
Vogue2011
"Sergeant Ripley, it may look horrifying, but it smells so damn good!"
Ellen Louise Ripley, that was the role/character Sigourney Weaver played in 1979's "ALIEN"...

Many surely know the scene in which the alien comes very close to her and she turns her head away in panic. But why? ALIEN smells so damn good ;-)

In 2005, 26 years after Alien, Thierry Mugler created a fragrance that is somehow known by everyone and has the same name as the 1979 film...
Am indeed a man (more or less ;-), but even I have Alien in my collection and find him just good, especially he comes across on male skin even more intense than on female skin.
Mugler has yes Alien used as a "base" of many of his fragrances, often one hears then with these: "The ALIEN DNA comes through." Is also good! Take the best what you got and make it better!

Good that ALIEN was chosen as a name, GREMLIN would make the fragrance but rather smaller than it is ;-)
Faithful companion
The EdP of Alien has accompanied me since my youth and is still one of my most worn and favorite fragrances.
Even if this fragrance is now mainstream and it is therefore no longer special for many, since you meet him again on almost every corner, confirm my first thoughts when I perceive this fragrance somewhere. "Oh my God, what smells here so indescribable, fascinating and attractive ?"
Therefore, it does not bother me when I perceive the fragrance more often on others and I'm not the only one who is addicted to Alien.
For me, it remains a very special, unique fragrance with great recognition value.
Am also firmly convinced that he will accompany me for several years, because if you are once addicted to him, then there is no return.
The great master.
Well where to start there just?

I was one of the first people back then who had purchased this perfume at its time..
I smelled at the test strip and BOOOM !!**
On the first Rriecher a composition of true magic..
How can that be that such a fragrance actually with 3 simple fragrance notes has so much POWER?
Unimaginable..

Well smelled- bought !

He was then my most worn fragrance but at some point over the years I lost interest in him because you actually smelled him on every corner..

Everyone had it..
Well probably because almost everyone had felt him so similar?
I had it then sometime sorted out and used other perfumes...

And now, after a really long time I have him now again in my collection..
And I must say: I actually associate it with a young woman.
I'm 30 now...but when I spray it on again I feel like I'm 20.... !?
Can that be ?

Yes it can !
Because this fragrance is like magic.
He does what with one. When I smell the fragrance on others comes to me the person always younger than it Vlt actually is ..

He is somehow fresh and sweet, extremely seductive almost magical and you are immediately "Ready" to go out / go out whatever.

Its sillage is just top!

This perfume you either love or hate it.
So I love it and stand by it.

A true magical masterpiece!
Not my cup of tea
Get a headache when I smell it. The fragrance I just do not like, one thing you have to give him but - super sillage and durability. But with Mugler fragrances I could not make friends until now anyway. The only one I like is Angel nova
Taderfit
A beautiful unique straight floral scent
Especially the jasmine I take, the other one is a little sweet and woody. The scent is sweet and smells very natural like a flower and pleasantly fresh. I can imagine it well for every season. It smells very delicate and soft; if you match a material to it it is silk or something similar. The scent pampers the sense of smell and also has a calming effect. Sometimes I get "appetite" for this fragrance, it is really very beautiful. I have always liked it.
I don't know why they call him "alien," though. There is no comparable perfume, but the smell could well occur in nature and on this earth. Perhaps it would have been more sensible if "Angel" and "Alien" had gotten the names mixed up. "Angel" is really overloaded with ingredients (which I like a lot, of course) but it would have been more like something alien, because this mixture is completely new. So maybe on another planet a soft drink could smell and taste like this. The alien scent could be the perfume of an angel, with its delicate and natural flower freshness it smells very innocent and sweet Whereby the two flacons are very well suited to the above mentioned fragrances, especially in terms of colour I like the purple colour of the bottle very much and it also goes well with the sweet fragrance. I also really like the new ad with the sand desert.
Well, I...
...I'm trying to decide whether or not to serve Alien for dinner. We have 14.30 o'clock and, because I didn't feel like cooking, we want to go to our Stammschnitzel restaurant...where the portions are generous, the service attentive and the food is brought quite fast. The small 15 ml Flakönchen I own is as big as the palm of my hand and fits perfectly into it. I hold it into the light and think of an oversized amethyst...purple, dark and mysterious The fragrance is unique...it always has been and always will be. I used to wear it up and down, of course I got tired of it at some point...because everyone was wearing it. So I had decided never to buy it again...but...exactly but...when I discovered the small edition of it in the perfumery a few months ago, I had to have this adorable thing.
I open the lid and sniff it...wonderful this jasmine which is discreetly audible...heaven if I sprayed it on now, the whole apartment would smell like it. My stomach is growling and I have to think about the schnitzel restaurant. A clean, small, rustic, rustic furnished swabian restaurant. I close the lid again. No...putting that smell on now is a waste. This scent needs its big entrance, not a swabian restaurant that is in the middle of nowhere and certainly not at 2.30 pm...but a club, a bar or at least a chic in restaurant after 10 pm. Alien is a monster as far as H+S is concerned...shy women or girls should not take it, this Jasmine-Cashmere-Ambra mixture is highly explosive and should be enjoyed with caution...and for some it causes a lot of headaches. Even if Alien is "only" a designer scent...it is phenomenally well done!

ScentwitchScentwitch 3 months ago
Intoxicating and alluring, great for day or night, but very feminine oriented.
CatarinaCatarina 1 year ago
A floral, spicy, balsamic sexy perfume, so simple and yet so complete. It has a strong and long projection and it's great for any evening.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
Mesmerizing, incredibly feminine and sexy as hell! Strong & sweet but with a unique freshness, would love to smell this on a woman I'm with.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Warm, deep,a little bitter,sexy. intoxicating : a sweet tooth from another galaxy. Maybe the Princess Leyla's scent? Wonderful sillage.
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
4.5
If you're in the market for weird and unusual from the bottle to the fragrance, this is the scent for you!

MUGLER - Alien EdP . 04/2018
by AidennQueen
by AidennQueen
by MissGuerlain
by MissGuerlain
...mein allerschönster Armschmuck! Erinnert mich an Jugendstil...
by BiancaAp
by Stardust
by Stardust
Alien 80ml Edp exclusiv Editon für Printemps Paris

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler