Alien (2005)Eau de Parfum

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler

Alien (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Jasmine sambac, Cashmere wood, Ambergris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.06.2020.

The road side changer
I would say I am a very tolerant person. Well, olfactorially speaking, not too much
The headline says it all: if I smell this scent I MUST change sides of the road immediately, immediately, change my seat or just hold my breath.

This sour, pungent, acrid smell goes through the nose into the sinuses directly into my brain and causes extremely unpleasant headaches there.

The Sillage is (unfortunately) unbeatable good, which does not necessarily make it better to endure ;)

I hope that none of the wearers will step on their feet here...tastes are different, as we all know!
Intensely different
Pungent, fascinating, flowery, beguiling, intense, shocking, repulsive ... and yet it always arouses my curiosity. Now and then a lady with this scent floats past me. It surrounds her. She draws all attention to herself, she leaves the room and a little later her perfume. Alien is a phenomenon. I like it on others. I think it's because I can only perceive it for a few seconds at a time. On myself it's too much, too flowery, too heavy, too intense. I keep trying, but we just don't become friends. I like Jasmine, but a few flowers, not the essence of ten bushes. Alien is just too much of everything
So that's what they do at Area 51
Alien, oh, Alien. You're a bit like Alf. The only difference is, the cats in the neighbourhood can be safe. Was I looking for you? No. I smelled you for the first time in 2010, when I was only 13. A small but powerful sample of perfume burned you into my olfactory receptors (which isn't that hard with your identity) and also into my heart. At that time you, "Alien", were the best scent my inexperienced teenage nose had ever spotted. In 2011 I wished you a happy birthday and afterwards I carried you almost every day. Always just a splash, so much reason was there. And oh you dearest bit, what hail it compliments. 3 schoolmates even bought you in the end. Meanwhile 9 years have passed - my collection has grown considerably since then and I have to admit: in the meantime there are one or two fragrances that I wear much more often. Nevertheless there must always be a bottle of yours in the house! Because you are special. I take almost no scent course was - from the beginning a real jasmine cloud envelops me. The "scent pyramid" reads very modestly and of course there are more nuncen than indicated - but jasmine, amber and cashmere wood are the stars of the fragrance. Woody, a cool sweetness and a dominant jasmine. Very room-filling (for a dose of more than 2 splashes, prison sentences should be threatened), opulent and... unique. Except for the Dupes, there is no fragrance I can compare with you. The durability is also from another star - on a scarf you can smell the scent intensively for 3/4 days and even after that you can still perceive it for the rest of the week. Also on the skin it lasts longer than a day, even after the evening shower a veil remains.

- - Alien is a very special scent for me and one of the few scents that I can easily recognize. Be it in a department store, on the street - he pokes out. I can't mistake it unless it's a really well made dupe. He has a remarkable value for me - after all, this is the first serious "fragrance love". For almost 10 years now he has been my faithful companion and even the slightest touch of him makes me smile. Really alien
Outrage yourselves!
After we finished our education, my girlfriend and I moved into a flat share and enjoyed life to the fullest. At that time we were still too young, too rich, too beautiful and too brave. And this fragrance embodies exactly this lifestyle. After a wild weekend in too high shoes, too short dresses and too much champagne, which is suddenly given to you by far too old men, my roommate applies at least three splashes of this fragrance and rushes into the office. The whole apartment and the whole hallway are filled with her scent. The older colleagues were indignant about such a striking scent and the boss suddenly looked at you for a moment too long ...
Meanwhile, I mascaraed my eyelashes to infinity with my first expensive Lancôme mascara, and in the process I was making plans to move to the big city to study ...

Six years later.

I rarely wear the scent anymore. It just didn't fit with the screwed up exams, the shitty side jobs, the bullying during the internship and the resulting question "Where did my self-confidence actually disappear to?"
So Alien is pausing right now and I use rather inconspicuous scents. But at some point I will have the bottle refilled and remember when we had too much of everything and expected everything from life.
Attracting- Repulsive- Alien
I just gave away three bunker flacons to my dear wife mother, because I just couldn't smell him anymore.
She was very excited, because she loved that scent. In addition, she has also been plagued a little by fear since she learned that Mugler will be in the hands of L'oreal from this year on.
Angel and Alien are her favourites - it would be fatal for all lovers if L'oreal tampered with the recipe. Reformulations are usually annoying.
Let's hope for the best! Anyway, it always goes like this with me and Alien:
I buy it, only to exchange, sell or give it away again a short time later.
I've been through this procedure three times now.
Due to the overdose of jasmine sambac, I was increasingly plagued by headaches, even at low doses.
Furthermore, when it fades away it has a note that I find disturbing in the nose.
I find it particularly beautiful:
-Shortly after application
(these ambergris and cashmere wood notes make it so incredibly interesting)

- And the next day, on the garment I put it on.
Because an addictive, sweetish amber- cashmere wood mixture remains, which is no longer so jasmine-heavy.
Everything in between I don't like about him So Alien attracts me incredibly and repels me at the same time.
So for a long time now he is no longer in my collection.
Now I spent the weekend at my mother's house and searched her perfume collection and there he was again...

"No, don't smell it- you wanted to get rid of him for good now!"

"Okay *Cabinet closed again*

"Oh, you can sniff the sprayer for once. No harm in that. Just a reminder...!"

"Okay *Cabinet open again*
*Trial*

"OH MY GOD- You smell sooo good!"

He smelled after a longer abstinence again so crazy special...

"Okay- just spray it again on the palm of your hand- just to confirm that he's just annoying you!"

*pfffft*

Well- what can I say- after a short while I was completely intoxicated by the wonderful scent, I got annoyed again after a short time.

Still, the smell won't let me go.
And this is clearly due to ambergris and cashmere wood.
If only a hint of jasmine were contained or another flower represented, it might make the scent permanently tolerable for me.

Nevertheless, my heart and mind come back to me, argue with each other and drive me half crazy:
"To buy or not to buy? Fresh start? Final farewell?"

For the fourth time the bullshit
with and through ?

Is there no
Amber- Cashmere wood scent with another, single scent component ?!

I don't want to conjure up a reformulation, no really not!
But if this should be the case, it would be helpful for me personally
Jasmine to shut down.
Everything else may remain so.

Well,
as long as heart and mind are fighting over the scent, I spray myself with something different.
Distraction should sometimes be helpful.
At least for a certain time ;)
3.5
Nazafarina
extraterritorial excursions of the nasal mucosa
Alien belongs to the new generation of fragrances, which has no more olfactory course to offer, i.e. it came, saw....and triumphed, wants to plow allzugerne in the long run the skin, take the hair in fittings, the armpits to conquer, in short, the whole material to cells intersperses. No tender caresses of the Hesperides, cuddly Röslein, or delicately graceful jasmine, no, the whole complexity comes armored with chain rattles on the respective object. Alien captivates by its extreme durability, by its mocking Sillage, here was not saved on ingredients, on molecules, which stick like Pattex, which accelerate the Sillage still with 100 kilojoules on the last smell molecules. The targeted customer should have something for her Euro, she should be made smell-proof.
The scent in the FAZ revealed itself to me as a little letter with the words Tirez moi, poussez sur le flacon.... i did as brag... and my dog, who always has different scent preferences than me, but sometimes lies down in my faithful Chanel 19 arms, I thought to feel a little distance.
No comparison to the French perfumery art of the Polge Clan, or Roudnitzka, i.e. the elaboration of the fragrance, the pointed use of certain nuances, the combination of the ingredients with one's own skin, with sweat, with the personal aura of the wearer, which e.g. dominates the House Chanel in the most beautiful way. Even delicate fragrances like Chanel No. 5 L'Eau captivate with their excellent craftsmanship, very subtle and tender armor movements and inner smile. With Alien a whole bear family or better said a crocodile population rocks here, because said models can smell badly.... but I'm sure we'll perceive the alien.
Well, a scent, or a scent for young girls, that wants to be consumed in masses, that is often noticed in trains or trams, that might be worn in discos, or at music events of the same category, here: Mainly loud, bass drone at 190 dB. Not so much a scent for human dog noses who sniff a scent, who draw it in internally, break it down into components, rejoice at the top note, acknowledge the heart note with a smile and finally simply want to snog the base note. So there is for every nose, you might think, a lid and so it is also okay. The extraterrestrial polarizes, as is the case with extraterrestrials, the price is okay, because you get perfume here in high concentration, with the statement "Clear the path, I'll pass by here" and with a conclusive olfactory experience. The turn of the millennium has opened up completely new dimensions of perception here. Fortunately, there are houses like, I would almost say, Guerlain.... but I prefer to say Roja Dove... who specialize in nasal adventures
3.5
GirlofNow
It's not gonna want anything with us...
I'm honest now.... How can you (I hear now very often!) find Alien sexy!!!??????? Nothing against these, people who love and carry Alien (That is simply my personal opinion!) carries then also further but I, could test myself despite the more open simply not with this smell befriend! I have tested 3.times alone and 3.times with friends/families and nobody liked, because smell ...none! I have tested then also as said 3.mal myself and each time this smell (no idea why) reminded me of an old woman ...:(( I was simply mega disappointed since I have me a little more hoped especially since I also hardly (especially on Youtube) negative comments to the smell have heard ... I must also admit that I am not a big fan of the Thierry Mugler fragrances! Most of them are also too exhausting and penetrating for me personally! Especially Angel! The only good thing is that Alien for my nose is partly much more attached and bearable than Angel! Angel smells like mold FOR ME while Alien smells like pure jasmine... Also there I have to be honest if I had the choice between Alien & Angel I would decide immediately for the Alien because I simply cannot bear Angel at all! I get nausea and headaches from it while I get rather light headaches from the alien...

Alien smelled like pure jasmine on my skin... I can almost say after fresh jasmine without any sweet touch... ( It does not always have to be sweet....) Why I now also write sweet note is, because it should be in the fragrance process also Amber and because I could unfortunately smell 0 out... What I have to say is that (almost) all Thierry Mugler I have tested so far have a monster H+S! Which is very important to me with a fragrance! And Alien holds, holds, holds... 3.For days I could smell then on my skin (even after the shower!) and on my sound 1st week! What I personally find extreme!

Alien smells extraordinary to me! You have to leave that to the scent... Nevertheless, I couldn't get used to the scent...especially since I'm not a big fan of heavy flowery scents...but I also get headaches quickly from them...:( Which I also get mitlerweille with Lady million from paco rabanne and then gave away as a gift... I hope you can understand me a little... I just don't like Alien! I really tried hard to test it but we just didn't work out!
Finchen1976
I'm a legal late bloomer alien
My very first encounter with this alien was two weeks ago. I don't know that many porters, but I rarely ride with the public transport. :-) And I was astonished to discover that this fragrance has been around since 2005! *soifz*

And wow, 113 comments already... but I think that scent is worth another one. ^^

Alien was never really an option for me, because my mother and I are (or were?) so completely different in the scents and she always had the Essence Absolue and for me since Alien was just a No Go. Now everything is different...

A friend of mine had put on the perfume during the group holiday, but it was very discreet. She can't stand anyone on her skin, so she only sprays the front of her clothes. And she smelled sooo good! I couldn't believe it was an alien!

And so I had to test... as a late bloomer. ^^

The first sprayer... a huge theater opens up in my mind's eye. Thick, plush velvet covers with golden applications on the armchairs. The theatre is sold out to the last seat. A red thick velvet curtain that swings up with one swing, Spotlight on. And there she is: the star, the diva everyone's been waiting for. Oppulent figure, long black curly hair, lush bust, in purple velvet dress, which nestles to her figure, with golden chain and earrings. Red lipstick. Her whole charisma screams, "Hello, here I am. I know what I want and who I am!" And as she takes breath for the first song, the audience falls silent, the world holds its breath, one could hear the proverbial pin drop.

Her singing goes into the ear, into the heart, her voice, the jasmine, makes the beginning, loud, penetrating.
After a few verses, it becomes quieter, velvety, until amber and cashmere wood fade away, cuddly, cuddly. The sound engineer has to look carefully not to turn the microphone too loud - less is more. Too much screaming.

After about 5 hours the performance is over, I could listen forever, but only at cooler temperatures. In summer I like other music. :-)
My great alien love
Alien you are and remain one of my favorites.
First discovered in 2010 and 9 years later still a fragrance that always works. For me personally also wearable in summer. No other fragrance that moved in with me received as many compliments as you did over time. An alien rarely comes alone, so your relatives moved in here too. At least this alien must always be in the house
Evening dress
This perfume needs a very special evening occasion and an elegant dress. With jeans, you just can't wear it, just out of respect for this perfume. Smells to me like wood, nuts and a lot of late lilac. I miss it well, yet I know that if I buy it, I may rarely be able to wear it

CatarinaCatarina 141 days ago
A floral, spicy, balsamic sexy perfume, so simple and yet so complete. It has a strong and long projection and it's great for any evening.
DPArtistDPArtist 17 months ago
Mesmerizing, incredibly feminine and sexy as hell! Strong & sweet but with a unique freshness, would love to smell this on a woman I'm with.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 20 months ago
Warm, deep,a little bitter,sexy. intoxicating : a sweet tooth from another galaxy. Maybe the Princess Leyla's scent? Wonderful sillage.
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
4.5
If you're in the market for weird and unusual from the bottle to the fragrance, this is the scent for you!

MUGLER - Alien EdP . 04/2018
by Ilovecoffee
by Ilovecoffee
by AidennQueen
by AidennQueen
...mein allerschönster Armschmuck! Erinnert mich an Jugendstil...
by BiancaAp
by Stardust
by Stardust
Alien 80ml Edp exclusiv Editon für Printemps Paris

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler