Alien 2005 Eau de Parfum

Alien (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Alien (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Black Opium (Eau de Parfum)

Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac Cashmere woodCashmere wood AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.05.2022.

Strange Comparisons
This fragrance is incredible. The opening and the dry down are 2 different fragrances. I know nobody has ever mentioned this and most likely I'm crazy, but the opening and mid stages of Alien remind me HIGHLY of Versace The Dreamer. In the drydown the scent takes the direction of Avon Far Away. While the 1st comparison is a bit more far-fecthed, this last resemblance is undeniable. All in all, a narcotic, tantalizing wake that has the ability to knock people out.

Favourite summer scent.
Honesty the first word that comes to mind when I describe this to friends, is sunscreen. This is my all time favourite perfume, although I am somebody who strangely loves the smell of sunscreen, this perfume is much more than that. I have never in my life used more than even quarter of a bottle of perfume, except for this one, I have completely run out and purchased a refill. This is just a staple and my go to perfume that I wear and will be one that always stays topped up in my collection.
The color purple
Alien is the most successful fragrance from Mugler in Germany. In all other countries Angel is in front.

Just like Angel one loves or hates Alien. Ultra soft jasmine and a good portion of amber. More is more! And more you do not perceive basically. It doesn't really change on the skin either. But that's not bad, because who uses Alien, would also like to smell like Alien and the whole district should get that too!

Who loves Alien, should buy if possible the production batches before 2020 ( mostly these still carry the original lettering "Thierry Mugler" ), because what L'Oréal has done with the reformulation is a literal disaster.
In love with an alien..
I've been wearing this fragrance for about 12 years now and just can't get enough of it. The notes are soooo beautiful and harmonize just great together. Every day with Alien is something special.

I want to share a story with you guys. A story that I associate with Alien, because this fragrance gave me the most beautiful and closest friendship ever.

It was a cold, rainy November day in 2010 and I was sitting with my then partner in a rather well-known burger joint/snack bar (you know what I mean) and I was wearing Alien. One table behind me sat a couple and I noticed the lady had me in her sights. As we were leaving the restaurant, the eyes of me and the lady from the other table met. I stopped and she stood up, came closer, sniffed and said "I knew it was YOU wearing Alien!". That's how we got to talking and so we sat and chatted for hours after. The connection between us was like we had known each other for years and there was a magic, a magic of a friendship like I have never experienced again. We saw each other almost daily and each of our meetings was unique and special. Some would say it was a soul friendship.
When I think back on it today, I get tears in my eyes... we've been out of touch for a few years now, sadly. She ended it abruptly and to this day I don't know why. I had never seen her again since our last meeting when I visited her... but one thing will always connect us - Alien
Unfortunately, worse improved
This is my first comment, so please don't be too mean... so about the scent: I smelled it at my hairdresser's in 2012 and was completely blown away. Immediately asked what fragrance it was and bought it pretty quickly. I wore it with joy: this extremely sensual , mystical fragrance.... now a few years later I wanted to buy it again and got it a few months ago, so in the spring of 2021. Full of anticipation of old memories, I sprayed the first blast - what was it:( so synthetic, faded, just a glimmer of the old version.... howl ... I thought maybe it's me, my skin chemistry, you change etc. blah blah blah, but no. I googled it on the internet and found out that the fragrance has been taken over by loreal for a few years and has fallen victim to reformulation.... why?,! Ah, I don't get it, another fragrance that's been mutilated.... well, there are worse things. Nevertheless, I rarely like fragrances so well... now I'm looking for a new favorite fragrance; or not... because the alien has actually found me grins;)
Alien woman
I would like to share two experiences with this fragrance with you. To describe him in general is very difficult, because he actually develops so individually on each skin as hardly any other, however, typical for all Mugler. They always polarize. Wonderful on one skin, terrible on the next. The chemistry just has to fit.
At a Mugler event years ago, my daughter fell in love with Aura. Wonderful on her, too extreme on me, even though I love smelling it on her.
I abhorred until that time Mugler overall, too intrusive, too artificial.
The lady at the presentation didn't understand my dislike, of course, and said, but you're the classic alien woman.
I laughed, Alien was the last perfume I could imagine myself wearing. It could fill entire halls with its sillage. I'd rather be naked then, with no scent at all. That's exactly what I told her.
I should give him just a little chance, was her request. I let myself in, following what I had learned as a child from my parents, first taste, then judge...
And so I got a tiny spray of the EDP on my wrist. The start was much fresher than expected. Then came
Jasmine, first pure and clear and some time later quite soft, the wood grounded the flowers. As if by a warm summer rain they are now on the ground in the fresh bark wood.
And then the sun comes and shines on it, the moisture evaporates and now the flowers radiate with full force their warm fragrance. Now ambergris also comes into play. In the process, an incredible energy is released. Like the sun of a late summer day or the first sun of spring. That's how I felt it and was thrilled. This combination at the end of the fragrance pyramid, gentle jasmine flowers, woody coated and mixed with amber.
It smelled wonderful on me.
I walked back to the stall and complimented the saleswoman.
She grinned and said only: "I said yet the classic Alien woman, I see the person and know which fragrance of Mugler fits"
Alien and Aura thus moved home with us.
Alien became my companion, not every day, but every day I wish I had that energy and strength he exudes. As fragile as you feel some days, like a delicate little jasmine blossom that can then unfold its fragrance so powerfully. And the extraordinary thing with me is that Alien stays close to the body. About an hour after spraying it on, only people who are allowed to be close to me perceive it. Very untypical for this perfume. But I myself smell it still for days in scarves or sweaters.

So when I need a refill and visit a perfumery we all know, unerringly reach for the big bottle of Alien, the saleswoman asks me if I want to give the fragrance away. I say, "no, it's for me." Her horror is written all over her
Face. "A woman like her and this ..how should I say...this extreme perfume..no, that doesn't fit at all, there are much nicer ones..may I show you something else"?
I'm angry, but too well behaved to show it.
I hold out my arm to her and say sugary sweet, "what do you think of this perfume"?
She sniffs and beams, "Wonderfully floral and very classy. It suits you, what is it?"
"Alien," I say, "because I'm an alien woman."
Feeling victorious, I leave her standing with her
mouth open Mouth to walk towards the cash register with my bottle.
And if she didn't die, I'm sure she's still alive today with her mouth open in amazement.
Basic but worth it
I have long resisted jumping on the Alien bandwagon. Fragrances that everyone wears are less attractive to me at first. In addition, I found him at first rather getting used to and got a headache when someone wore him. At some point I got Alien as a birthday present and I have to say I love it. Maybe also because it smells completely different on my skin than it does on a test strip or when I smell it on someone in the street. I get compliments on the scent all the time and it leaves its mark on every place I go. Even a little bit is enough to make an impression. However, in my opinion, it is best suited for the evening. Alien remains a classic that doesn't disappoint, though it's not a unique selling point either. For the price, however, definitely worthwhile
Love at second sight
Once upon a time in the summer of 2015...
On this hot afternoon I sought refuge from the heat at my dear friend, who invited me for coffee. After a friendly greeting, she told me the latest news and presented your latest fragrance acquisition: Alien by Thierry Mugler.
The first impression: The bottle is really not from this earth! So mystical and elegant. "This fragrance must be something very special," I thought to myself. The moment my friend proudly and so generously sprayed it on her skin, the switch flipped on me. A pungent musty cloud formed around my friend that felt like it would destroy any life around it. I have never smelled such an aggressive scent before. My girlfriend, however, beamed up to both ears.

..As life sometimes plays so our ways parted and I also forgot this fragrance on her.

After a few years, I smelled this scent again at work. Without knowing it, I asked the customer what beautiful and intense floral fragrance she would wear....

The answer: Alien !

No, it couldn't be! He didn't smell like that! I thought to myself. (Today I know that every fragrance develops differently on the skin)

Since Christmas 2020

I: Happy owner of Thierry Muglers Alien, rejoice in this wonderfully composed jasmine dream, which accompanies me since then regularly with intoxicating potency and always makes me happy. Through this fragrance I automatically just feel better.

Alien you are a masterpiece!
My favorite fragrance
I have worn Alien almost daily for a few years and have repurchased several times. It is a strong fragrance, but for me it seems soft and not pungent. I especially like the fresh aspect right at the beginning, which reminds me of fresh bed linen. Unfortunately, I no longer smell it on me after a few minutes, although it stays on the skin for a long time

Virginia93
Not a fan of jasmine, but this one is awesome (and not indolic)
A friend of mine had many old perfumes that she wanted to get rid of, she asked me if I was interested, otherwise she would have throw them in the bin...of course I said yes, also because I love getting to know new fragrances.
And there it was, Alien, the coolest bottle, completely full, the colour of the liquid was brown (I don't know if it's normal or not), she told me the perfume was 10 years old or more so I tried it to see if it was spoilt and it wasn't at all...it was perfect!! It's unbelievable how it could mantain itself inside the box for all these years!
Result: I kept it and I use it everyday because the persistence is crazy, especially on clothes and hair and everytime I move I can smell it, the jasmine is amazing :) yay I got a big bottle of perfume for free.

Kateisgr8Kateisgr8 14 days ago
I like Jasmin so thought I would enjoy this one. But it’s heavy, cloying, suffocating and nauseating. No refinement or subtlety at all.
GeorgeReidGeorgeReid 17 days ago
Smelled it for the first time since buying it for a co-worker as part of a promise in 2018. I understand why she chose this fragrance!
CumulnimbusCumulnimbus 2 months ago
I could never come to like this one. I like other of Ropion's blends and even some flankers but not the original, I find it kind of creacky.
Alex1984Alex1984 11 months ago
Intergalactic jasmine. Can and will turn from hate to love. Go vintage!
StinkypennyStinkypenny 11 months ago
4.5
Fell in love with it as a child. Pined after it for over a decade. Now own a wee 30ml... it's not what it was.
ScentwitchScentwitch 1 year ago
Intoxicating and alluring, great for day or night, but very feminine oriented.
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
A floral, spicy, balsamic sexy perfume, so simple and yet so complete. It has a strong and long projection and it's great for any evening.
DPArtistDPArtist 3 years ago
Mesmerizing, incredibly feminine and sexy as hell! Strong & sweet but with a unique freshness, would love to smell this on a woman I'm with.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Warm, deep,a little bitter,sexy. intoxicating : a sweet tooth from another galaxy. Maybe the Princess Leyla's scent? Wonderful sillage.
Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
4.5
If you're in the market for weird and unusual from the bottle to the fragrance, this is the scent for you!

by Gothic
by AidennQueen
by MissGuerlain
by MissGuerlain
by Schalkerin
...mein allerschönster Armschmuck! Erinnert mich an Jugendstil...
by BiancaAp
Alien 80ml Edp exclusiv Editon für Printemps Paris
by Rosalinda
by Rosalinda

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler