Alien Essence Absolue 2012

Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
Top 39 in Women's Perfume
Alien Essence Absolue is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesHeliotrope, Iris, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesCashmeran, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, White amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.03.2021.

Alien Absolu.. a mystical journey
This is a sweet and very balsamic alien, the jasmine has retreated to give its place to a beautiful vanilla and a deep amber while staying in the background as a reminder of its floral existence. The myrrh gives this scent an almost "sacramental" character and while the time goes by the woods step in to conclude this oriental, mystical journey. Its very intense at the beginning but has one of the most gorgeous developments leaving an irresistible vanillic dreamy aura behind.
OOBlondiOO
Alien, but make it wearable (again)
That a flanker of a well-known fragrance can be better than the original I have already noticed in many fragrances that the mainstream likes quite well.
Cashmere Code by Armani is better than the original, Eau Sensuelle in my opinion better than Hypnotic Poison and also the Essence Absolue outranks the "normal" Alien.

Here at the souk, I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase an almost completely unused copy at a very fair price; especially considering the fact that the fragrance is no longer produced and that the bottle I bought is the THIERRY Mugler version. Accordingly, my specimen has escaped L'oreal's aggravation.

I admit that I have a thing for Alien...but the fact that it seems to be the official Douglas room scent and is now worn by really so many people clouds my affection a bit. No way to deny the typical DNA here. Jasmine & Amber form the typical radiance that the purple counterpart to Essence Absolute brings and has made so famous.

This flanker starts with the well-known, minimal jasmine note, which is already present in the original, but is consistently saved by the vanilla. Already at the beginning Heliotrop cuts the density of the jasmine beautifully and warming and also in the further course the fragrance remains warm and cozy, while I would like to call the original "cooler" throughout. In addition it is slightly "boozy", now and then almost liqueur-like and almost a tiny bit gourmand-esque, but in no way "edible". Towards the end of the fragrance you are rewarded with a beautiful vanilla, which doesn't have to hide from the Addict (2012) vanilla - my favorite vanilla.

All in all, it's a nice round of business. Durability and Sillage on (Thierry) Mugler typical level, although fortunately not as attention-seeking as the regular purple alien. Glad to get him here again and advise you to do the same when you get the chance.
Sun in a bottle
Actually, I have decided not to write a commentary on the Alien Essence Absolue, because I always thought that I could hardly do justice to it with words, but here I am.
Since I saw it for the first time a few years ago on the shelf of a famous perfume shop, it has become THE fragrance for me and to this day I have not found anything that even comes close to it.
I already knew the "standard alien" at that time and even though I liked it, it didn't completely knock me out. But when I sprayed Alien Essence Absolue on my wrist for the first time, it was all over me - it flashed me absolutely. I could hardly take my nose off my wrist. The full blossom of jasmine, which combines perfectly with the beautiful vanilla. Nothing disturbs me here, no scent makes itself felt in an unpleasant way during the fragrance process. It is floral and at the same time very warming. I felt the fragrance almost magical - as if Mugler had succeeded in capturing the sun in a bottle.
As winter approaches and the days get shorter and shorter, Alien Essence Absolue is the perfume of my choice. It accompanies me through the cold, dark months and gives me a touch of joy and energy every time
Alien in better
It's great. Alien with vanilla and a smoky touch. A great enveloping cloud surrounds me. Original Alien DNA is clearly perceptible for me. My better half likes it too. One of the few fragrances where he says I smell good. He smells woodruff. I've had a whiff of woodruff ever since. It's probably discontinued. I got a few more bottles stashed away. I never want to miss it again
Thierry Mugler v. Mugler
My first and hard to get bottle of the Thierry Mugler Alien EA I bought a few years ago at Douglas online.
I don't know if the scent was or was not set, but it was and still is a bit harder to find than the classic Alien family members.
As my bottle was nearing its end, I naturally began (with the infinite time I have right now) to search the internet for a back-up.
Searched, found.
But this time only Mugler, what a pity...because I really thought that he was hired and still produced in Thierry Mugler times.

And now that I was able to try the Mugler Alien EA I can join many descriptions that I could not understand at all.
The Mugler smells very much like menthol at the beginning...reminds me of sweetened tiger balm from the pharmacy, maybe a bit gentler and nobler - not mine.
After that the menthol settles for the most part, but the scent develops more soapy and even if the fatty vanilla remains, the whole scent appears less gourmand and a little more flowery-synthetic.

I really like Thierry a lot better It begins with the impression of flowery amaretto, bitter almond oil and a strangely pleasant plastic note and quickly develops into this fat, noble and delicious gourmand vanilla In addition, Thierry lasts at least 12 hours on the skin (with 2-3 sprays) and on clothes forever
But if I now summarize Alien EA without regard to the owner of the company, it is a sensual and cuddly fragrance for the less intrusive and noisy women.
He is sexy but in a more elegant way than the original alien (pushy/ loud).
It holds a bomb like the original alien but is much gentler and more comfortable.
On earth as in heaven
How would an alien cigarette smell? How does a non-smoker come up with a question like that? But it actually confronts me when I perceive Essence Absolue. I imagine the mixture of the cigarette with lots of vanilla, amber, cashmeran and jasmine. Beautifully mixed, kept compact with resin and coated with heliotrope leaves. This unique, sweet smoky and rich balsamic vapour is created by igniting the mixture. A haze that causes a sensation on earth and in heaven!
The alien, which already enjoys sucking itself into the middle of the glowing glow stalk with a single pull of its five lungs, leans casually against its parked spaceship on its home planet TM and contemplates the starry sky. Deep blue to black, the glistening stars hang like sparkling diamonds on darkest velvet on the firmament, the more and less coloured planetary spheres stand out in different sizes and a comet with a golden tail pulls over the scenery. The alien's gaze follows him. But suddenly it pauses. It tries to focus the gaze more solidly. The tail star becomes unnaturally quickly unclear in the distance. The eyes of the alien are above ground sharp, his senses are alarmed. The comet just dives into a meteorite field and is swallowed bit by bit! Somewhere behind it, what is left of him will continue in a direction that has been changed by the countless collisions. But the alien won't know her. It has a mission. It must save its planet from the destructive rock rain, because the huge chunks are getting closer and closer and the rest of the spaceships are at war with Commander JP Gaultier above Earth. Alien TM-AEA has to do this alone. After all, it has something to make up for. His last appearance would have put almost half of the fleet out of action, because it had caused a big fire in the hangar by carelessly throwing away the flint while smoking. The Great Council had then suspended it from service and left it here with other warriors and guards to be guarded.
But now it could restore its reputation. Ascend to hero. Writing history.
A gentle pressure with one of his three fingers on his wrist and the alien finds himself inside his ship. Hastily but surely he presses the glowing and flashing buttons on the control panel in front of him and already the flight starts. A further push of a button activates the protective field to protect the ship's fairing and the protective device against magnetic fields which could cause the instruments and equipment on board to be disabled by the metal particles in the chunks. It is important to keep a cool head and to do the right thing in order not to endanger the dangerous mission. Besides, his hasty departure won't go unnoticed at headquarters. Maybe it's being shot at because it's suspected of being a deserter. A defector to Gaultier would be treason! It is now on its own, because the alien has also switched off the radio to keep the energy field in the ship as low as possible. Anything that creates force fields may still attract the meteorite chunks. There will be enough collisions even without them. Even if it is a masterly plane, the alien will not be able to avoid everything. But it does what it has to do and steers its ship highly determined and ready for anything.
A focused look at a transparent monitor with countless symbols and lines confirms the right moment to the alien. At a still safe distance, it fires its highly explosive projectiles in the direction of meteor rain and still pulls the ship's control around in the cone of light during firing. The propulsion and the dynamics of the slight rotation change the flight direction of the rockets fired, which now hit the lumps laterally instead of centrally. This and the unrestrained wave of the gigantic impact shift the trajectory. The power of the ship's projectiles is not enough to destroy them, but it is enough to manipulate their orbit if you hit the right spot. The alien continues the rotation until it can recognize its planet in front of it again and pulls the steering wheel again in the direction of meteorites. His next approach must divert the lumps in the middle field and his last the stragglers. His projectiles are sufficient for exactly three such attacks. If only one misses his target, his planet is history. With a giant bang and a glowing fireball, the rockets from the second attack come up on the lateral surfaces of the lumps and trigger a chain reaction from further collisions among them. Highly concentrated, the alien observes the scenery. None of the rocks may remain in their original orbit. Splinters from the bounced surfaces thunder against the spaceship's shields, but none of them can penetrate them. The engines glow as the alien pulls its turn from the flying debris field to the home planet to launch its final attack. It pulls its ship back into its orbit and increases thrust. It's got to hit the back rows of rocks this time. While it almost sees in slow motion the already diverted lumps passing by at a safe distance from ship and planet, it approaches its final blow inexorably. The finger on the detonator first presses lightly against it, but then the alien pushes it as far as it will go. The last floors are on their hopefully successful way. With glowing tails they thunder in the intended direction in front of them and finally come up with a violent impact on the outside of the rocks, which are finally pressed by the impact against the others, who in turn intercept the next, until finally each of them has made a bend in his flight. For a moment the alien hesitates, evaluates the image in front of him, spellbound and mute. Once again the shields are hit by splinters and ricochets and the ship is shaken. But the eyes of the alien remain unhindered on the scenery in front of him. No rock can escape it. Only when it's safe does it breathe easy. The danger is averted, the trajectory of all the lumps is changed in such a way that it allows them, even if close, to pass by the planet. The first disappear already seemingly slowly and weightlessly in the darkness. The others will follow. Planet TM is safe!
The Alien TM-AEA pulls its glowing glow stalk with pleasure and leans casually against its parked spaceship on its home planet TM and looks at the starry sky around it. This time it's not the glistening lights of the diamond stars that dazzle his eyes. It looks down to its chest. It is the numerous awards that sparkle and shine on the new uniform. The great council almost rolled over in praise.
A gentle pressure with one of his three fingers on his wrist and the alien is already inside his ship again. Again it presses the start button. Determined, pride. Brave.
Where does his next assignment lead? Alien TM-AEA is on its way near Earth.
There is still a great battle waiting to be decided...
My poppy seed back from Dr. Oet*ker
I've been thinking SO for a long time now about which delicacy the scented water (which I received thanks to @Berry) initially had such an intense smell of. I always saw myself eating something with a spoon or fork that I had eaten before when I sprayed it on. After reviewing the comments, I thought of vanilla pudding, but it wasn't that one. It smelled original like something...delicious...mmmhhh...no idea, dessert.

But do you know, if you want to come up with something, the term, name, thing etc. is within reach, but you just can't get it, because you are somehow nailed at this point, right?! :-)

On the way to the Packstation at even more pleasant temperatures I smelled my arm every time and I couldn't think of it. It just pissed me off that I didn't know what I was eating. And then it suddenly ran through me like lightning: MOHN-BACK from Dr. Oet*ker!!!!!!!! Yeah, right!!!!! This mixture of vanilla, bitter poppy seeds and lots of sugar blows around you all the time until you have processed it and spooned the leftovers. ^^
This scent virtually kills me when I spray on the scent freshly and for quite a long time, until my poppy seed back is finally processed, becomes weaker and the beautiful mixture of vanilla and the original alien base comes to light.

A great winter scent, but one that needs to be well dosed, because the poppy-seed back screams really well and long! ;-)

A Warmer Alien
Alien Esscen Absolue shares the same base with the original Alien but stands out on its own with a very distinctive note. Unfortunately this note turned my stomach over. It smelt like rotten tomate layered on Alien on me. But if it works with your chemistry and you're a fan of Alien, I think it worths a try. It captures the spirit of the original Alien but still different enough to add in one's collection. The sillage and the longevity is typical TM quality, nice!

Originally written in 2013

Alien Essence Absolue 2012
What is there to say about Alien Absolue.
Well first off...i adore Alien and just when i thought i began to love Womanity more lately I am really starting to become more fond of Alien. Alien Absolue is no exception. So let's get started with the Pro's and Con's.
Pro's:
Alien Absolue is more of the heart and base of the original Alien fragrance.It starts out with the amazing Jasmine but then it quickly transforms into the delicious Vanilla and Amber and stays there for the remainder of the fragrance.It is very similar to Angel Liquor 2009 so much so i am happy they have released it if you loved Alien liquor 2009 but couldn't get it. If you feel the original Alien was too sharp for you this release is a crowd pleaser and will not offend. The bottle is gorgeous and unique with its golden yellow liquid. I think this fragrance is worth the purchase if you have never tried Alien and couldn't handle the original.
Con's:
I found that when i tried this in person at the mall it was more intense than what i received from the Mugler online store and i mean seriously an all together fragrance than what i received..what i tested smelled more of like a pure parfume version versus what i got..which disappointed me a lot. I was expecting the same intensity and did not get it. Which makes me really question what happened outside with lighting vs pure parfums offered on displays for testing versus the what you really receive which is only an EDP version..it's not unheard of and is used as a marketing technique to lure the customer to buy the fragrance. I have heard many cases of this happening versus how something is stored...a person knows their fragrances if they have smelled them and been around them long enough...I know, I know a real shocker but don't be surprised when this happens to you because it does happen at times..people will tell you its lighting but its not..just go online and you will see many people complain of the same thing and many insiders admit that this is done at times..don't let it ruin your over all fragrance experience..just keep on moving to the next fragrance.. Anyways..so outside of that major disappointment...the fragrance did not win me over from what i originally smelled at the counter..what i smelled at the counter was so intense and extreme it surpassed the original Alien because the Vanilla and Amber were so intense and so long lasting that it left such an impression on me that i had to buy it and waited patiently to finally get it like a little kid getting their first toy LOL...but seriously it was that good and then what i got was just a basic EDP. Which is fine but it didn't wow me. In the end i feel that my Alien Liquor from 2009 is better than what i got..in matter of fact the original Alien is better than this and now i feel like i should have gotten the original Alien instead and probably will when i get a chance just to make myself feel better about the whole ordeal LOL. You know how us women are!Plus i wish we got more for what we paid for meaning i wish they had it in 3-3.4 full oz's versus only 2oz's now. And if you really love this fragrance you will wish that too!
So...I think Absolue is a wonderful fragrance overall especially for those who can't stomach the original Alien and if you love Vanilla and Amber your going to adore this fragrance and I may keep it as an addition to my collection just in case i can't get Alien Liquor 2009 anymore being one it's a limited edition and they don't make it anymore and two that the 2013 version of Alien Liquor has changed its notes slightly and its not the same as 2009 and Alien Absolue is the closest thing to it that i can get permanently from the Mugler line. But i prefer the original classic Alien over this version and do not believe it is more intense than the original version and think they should have named it something other than intense because over all this is a more wearable version than the original but to me the original is more wearable because i love loud fragrances because to me in my opinion they last longer and your definitely going to have a better experience with the sillage overall. But because this will be a crowd pleaser i know this will be a success and hit for the Mugler fans. As with any Mugler fragrances though you will not be disappointed it will be worth the money..you get what you pay for. It is long lasting and the sillage is good versus the old the sillage is great. But with this one you may disagree and feel like the sillage is just right because the original is very loud so you will know what suits you the best! Enjoy!

Definitely Alien
Disclaimer: I an Alien girl, the original is my signature, and so far I have loved all of the flankers that I've smelled, too. So I am definitely partial. With that in mind, I agree with the previous reviewers. This is essentially a richer, more mature and rounded Alien, not to mention more expensive and with a narrower product range.

For me, the vanilla is instantly discernible amid the blast of jasmine, but the jasmine subsides a lot faster than in the original, giving way to the softer, deeper notes. Wood and amber are there, and apparently incense, myrrh and orris root as well in the best oriental tradition. It lacks the original Alien's occasional harshness, but is not for the faint of heart either: at least for me, it drowns out other perfumes easily. An excellent autumn/winter scent.

I generally like flankers when they are well made, because I like having different takes on my favourite fragrances to wear for different occasions without having to deviate from my signature. If you were underwhelmed or repulsed by the original, you probably won't care for this one, either. In the end this perfume rises and falls with Alien. I love both, but not enough to warrant buying both as full bottles. Essence Absolue is a close contender with the original for a permanent place in my closet.

ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Syrupy vanilla/myrrh with perfect sillage and good lasting power. Don't pay $100 for this beauty: it can be had cheaply if you look.

by Zelena
by Serenity
Rose The Fairy
by pudelbonzo
by AromaX
Image d'un Alien Absolu accompagné par un petit éléphant triste et fait à la main dans les années soixante-dix
by Pralinek
by Torrance2002
by IIespresso
by IIespresso

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler