Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler

Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 2013

CuteChemist
11.10.2013 - 10:44 AM
Very helpful Review

Nice top and middle notes, not so fond of the base notes

I am so glad I got my hands on this!! It's not really out yet in the US but I'm wearing it today (got the hookup! ;)) I have the previous Alien Liqueur de Parfum version, and I can tell you this one is definitely different. It's still a little boozy but a totally different vibe. Honestly I felt there were so many stages to this perfume that I was just perplexed the entire time. I can't recall another perfume that seemed to morph as frequently as often as this one. At first I loved the boozy, classic Alien vibe right off the bat. There was no mistaking it as Alien. After a few minutes, as the middle notes emerged, I got a distinct cherry almond pastry vibe that I was REALLY digging and made me consider a full bottle. But a couple hours later the scent had a very cold, almost medicinal quality to it, reminiscent of Thierry Mugler's Miroir de Secrets. As I sniffed my arms in those last few hours, the only thing I kept thinking was baby powder, baby powder, and more baby powder. It was bizarre, as I don't get that from any other Alien. I thought, no, I must be mistaken. But sure enough, I kept sniffing on and off for a couple hours and there it was, baby powder. A disappointing end to what had started off as a delightful olfactory journey. Unfortunate since I would never consider purchasing a fragrance with unappealing base notes. I thought I liked this more than the previous Liqueur version, but now after wearing it for over 9 hours (it's barely hanging in there, but I can still smell it) I think I like the previous version better.

Latest Reviews

CuteChemistCuteChemist 8 years ago
Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire - Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire Love this perfume! Inexpensive, but nothing else like it!
I have to say, I just adore this. I am a huge vanilla lover so of course I was curious to try this. It's not your typical "ice cream" type vanilla. It's slightly sweet, but mostly dry and quite...

CuteChemistCuteChemist 8 years ago
Heartbeat - XOXO

Heartbeat Cheaper dupe of Dior Addict
What can I say? This is a serious dupe for Dior Addict. It may not be quite as nice or as rich, but it's darn close, and can be bought for much cheaper. Don't ask me why on Earth I bought it, as I have 3.4 ounces of the original Dior...