Alien Oud Majestueux 2015

Alien Oud Majestueux by Mugler
7.7 / 10 106 Ratings
Alien Oud Majestueux is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Top Notes Top Notes CardamomCardamom SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart Notes JasmineJasmine Cashmere woodCashmere wood
Base Notes Base Notes OudOud
Perfumers
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.05.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Stinky, in a sexy way.
This is a stinky fragrance. A deep loin girdling fragrance. It’s filthy and carnal. Something to splash on (one spray) before enveloping a lover. Something to splash one (two sprays) to capture the attention of another.
There is no surprise in the fact that I love this. Every note listed is a note that I love. The spicy nutty opening stays for an impressively long time before giving way to the heart of the fragrance, and the barnyardy animalistic oud permeates throughout. The sillage is rather large, not something to be sprayed close to the face (for me anyway), but very captivating. This is very animatic in the dry down and for this reason could be polarising. But in this I find it powerful and energising in a hazy comforting, sensual way. This is a high 9 for me, it’s only not a 10 because even when sprayed on my inside elbow it is rather cloying.
Finally a portable Alien
To all dear commentators: this is my first own comment after more than a year just reading along. So please don't be too hard on me.
After talking with friends about the oh so good smelling original alien the last few years, which doesn't suit me at all, I finally wanted to be able to wear an extraordinary scent. The alien scents simply have their special DNA, which somehow develops musty on my skin.
So I spent a long time browsing through Parfumo and reading all sorts of ingredients from the various aliens until I blindly ordered the Oud Majestueux. It kind of sounded harsher than the others.
Yesterday it arrived and what can I say? I'm all over the place! It's the perfect scent for my imperfect skin. Doesn't have anything to do with the other aliens for me personally, or develops completely different with me. Spicier, smokier, less sweet, very synthetic.
Generally I prefer to wear fragrances that are described as harsh or unisex like the "Want Pink Ginger" or "This is her-Zadig&Voltaire". And this one fits well into my little collection.
Unfortunately, I also have a problem with the shelf life here, but that's certainly due to the skin.

So and finally: Thank you very much for your diligent reviews and your help in finding my perfect perfume choice
Helpful Review 17
Honestly..
I want to confess that my "sixth" comment is actually my fifth. I told a friend that I had found a page on the Internet where you can talk about different fragrances. She was interested and wrote the commentary to Oilily "Femme".
In addition, "Midnight Poison" by Dior is no longer my favourite perfume, although I was behind it for a long time and the collector's bottle is my own. Not even in the top three anymore, although I still like the scent very much. Honestly, these are things I wanted to confess. Behind the pseudonym "lilac mouse" hides a person who begins his studies after a year of travelling. One who started collecting perfume when she was seven. A chaot with more luck than brains. I'm not a friend of confrontation. In one of the oral Abitur examinations I howled.
In the English exam I thought the most beautiful season was autumn.
Therefore:

It's getting colder outside. Dark early. Inside it is cuddly, while in front of the windows the coloured leaves are carried away by the wind. The streets are decorated with bare trees, lanterns shimmer through the branches. It smells like burnt wood, smoke from fireplaces. I just turned around and I know, "I'm fine."
Alien Oud Majestueux is, I think, a very honest scent; unlike many flankers of different scents, it has a clear reference to the original. The autumn version of the classic with lots of jasmine... And Oud. Personally, I find it more accessible here than YR Rose Oud. AOM is softer and more balanced.
A very nice autumn scent. He is intense, my mother came through the front door and asked what it was #postbotewarda (but she was less enthusiastic). And one day later you still notice it, maybe not as strong as the day before, but at least.
Specifically, it reminds me of the smell of a Christmas market, with fire barrels and where small wooden ornaments are sold. I'll wear it in winter, too.

Honest lasts the longest, especially at this durability.
- Your Lilly

Jasmine - smoky woody - earthy
This is not Mugler's debut in oud trend as he earlier launched several others in Miroir collections around oud but Oud Majestueux is an interesting flanker of Alien with resemblance to her mother in core, while the opening displays clear blast of deliberately chosen industrial oud that could have been made by Comme des Garçons to bring a dusty and rustic render to woodsy floral side of Alien. It's warm, soft animalic, and powdery dry floral plus some camouflaged cedar/jasmine duet in dry out.
3/5

2 short views on the fragrance
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 6 years ago
A juicier Alien but no oud detected.
OPomoneOPomone 7 years ago
Not an Alien fan, but this one avoids all the pitfalls: not too sweet, not too indolic,
not too much oud. A catchy & harmonious floriental.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

13 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Goddess (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler