Angel 1992Eau de Parfum

Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
Angel (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 1992. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Virgin Island Water

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Jasmine, Cassia, Coconut, Mandarin orange, Melon, Cotton candy
Heart Notes Heart NotesApricot, Blackberry, Honey, Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Orchid, Peach, Plum, Rose, Red berries
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Caramel, Musk, Patchouli, Chocolate, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 10.04.2021.

T. Mugler successfully utilised ethylmaltol (first used in "Vanilia" by Artisan Parfumeur in 1978) in a mainstream perfume, thus kick-starting the gourmand genre in 90s. Maltol occurs naturally, e.g. when roasting malt, hence its name. Ehtylmaltol is a synthetic variant which increases the caramel impression four- to sixfold.
Vera Strübi, former president of the Mugler company reports that the bottle's prototype (a 85,000 € design) was not accepted by Mugler. They agreed on the famous star-shape flacon instead but were initially unable to find a glass blowing workshop able to produce it. Furthermore, Strübi and the investors at Clarins disliked the scent and Mugler had to fight for its realisation. The argument that the price per bottle was too high had been refuted with the idea of a refillable vessel.

MisskMissk 9 years ago

„Modern-Day Classic”

You simply can't go wrong with Angel. Being one of the most popular and well-known fragrances in the last 20 years, Angel still manages to stand out in a crowd. This...
Lola82Lola82 9 years ago

„A Fantastic Plastic Lover”

Since it's Release in 1992 Angel has been Revered Repeled Idolised Scroutinized Critizised for it's Synthtic Aesthetics Angel Has to be the most Misunderstood...

Angel by Thierry Mugler
At that time, I often thought that if I had had to live in the trunk of a dead tree, with nothing to do but look up at the sky flowing overhead, little by little I would have gotten used to it. (from The Stranger, by Albert Camus)

I wonder why it is that we use such strikingly similar words to designate something which we cannot comprehend and someone coming from a place far away, in time, space, and heart, from ours. Why is the unknown almost always also incomprehensible to us? And why do we attach so much fear, and consequently rejection, to it?

I have always been an ardent lover of Mugler scents. They are just about the only people in the discouragingly vast array of department store fragrances, who do not smell ‘department store’, not one bit. Of course they cannot live up to the mesmerizing unconventionality of a Lutens or to the decadent provocativeness of a Kilian – but they smell different, and what is even better, they smell different AND good. I hold Mugler to be the only entirely and easily recognizable commercial perfume brand out there. You cannot smell a Mugler and not instantly go like “This has to be a Mugler!” I guess it’s the omnipresent gourmandy, caramelly, vanillic note in all of their scents, which takes you on a trip each and every time, that accounts for this instant “I know this!” factor. It’s like meeting your best friend in Marrakech when you know she has to be down in London. And still it is, unmistakably, her. Shining and radiant as ever.

My first Mugler was Angel, and saying something about Angel would equal trying to produce a more or less innovative paper on Shakespeare. One of the most worn, hailed, idolized, canonized, reviewed and discussed scents ever, Angel is a chapter better left unopened. I distinctly remember the day I first sniffed it, and the cascade of love that came over me in a second. You know, one cannot learn to fall in love. It either hits you to the very ground of your entire being from day one, or you can go ahead and forget about it. For years Angel remained by signature (colleagues and friends in school would know exactly what time I arrived, what room I was in or where I had stopped for more than a couple of minutes just by the trail of Angel I had left behind). I woke up and went to sleep smelling Angel, and repeatedly drowning in all the luscious caramel, patchouli, cream candy (I have always smelled cream candy, or as the Germans call them, ‘Sahnebombons’, in this one, though it is by no means listed among the official notes) and smooth vanilla, always having at least two or three bottles standing on my vanity shelves. I equally loved all the subsequent Angel flankers – Innocent, Garden of Stars, even the male A*men (I still own and drool over Pure Coffee).

By the time I heard of Alien and checked out the notes I expected yet another fragrant journey into a realm of chocolate bars, cotton candy, vanilla cake and caramel sauce. I walked to my local perfumery with the certainty of someone walking into the Louvre and knowing he will find the Mona Lisa hanging on the wall (behind bullet proof glass ;-) ). Only that I walked in and instead of the Mona Lisa I found an odd mixture between Dali, Tizian, Monet and Piet Mondrian. I had come across a complete… stranger.

Just that I did not loath, or reject, or even question him. I didn’t even really care where he came from, what winds had swept him to my shore, or whether we spoke a common language. Our understanding was, instantly, beyond words, or phrases. I wanted him, and he seemed to want me in return. I reached out for him and he stroked me. And that is when I knew we would always be together. Even if we would never be able to say a word to each other.

Alien is like no other Mugler, and I dare say, like nothing else out there, generally speaking. It is flowery, but still gourmandy. Artificial, but still natural. Elegant, yet playful. Solar, yet mysterious. Mature, yet delightfully young at heart. I dare say I have never come across something evincing and reconciling as many seemingly irreconcilable contrasts as Alien. It is quite clearly, out of this world.

The first moment you smell it you are transported, in the blink of an eye, to a never ending jasmine garden caressed by the rays of the most comforting morning sun you could imagine. Birds are chirping somewhere among invisible branches of invisible trees. White butterflies float through the sparkling air. And there is white, infinite white, creamy, golden, rich, caressing white all over. The sky, the leaves, the grass, the air, are white – the white of clotted cream, Lipizaners, lilies, Spanish lace gloves and jasmine, jasmine, jasmine. I will never cease to wonder how so many people smell woods in Alien. I cannot find any, not even a hint of sandalwood, which I would have maybe loved. It’s an endless field of white flowers, with vanilla butterflies swarming through the air and liquid cashmere dripping down from the clouds. A surreal summer rain, this is what this fragrance is to me. And you beg and pray for the gods to never stop the deluge. To cover you up in it, and allow you to forever lay covered in breathing jasmine blossoms, until the end of times. Then, suddenly, the world collapses, and it is night. A crescent moon hovers over your jasmine field, and elves drink hungrily from the blossoms, riding on unicorns. The sky is of a velvety violet ink, adorned with millions of crystal stars. Sparkling moon flowers have begun to spring among the ocean of jasmine. Your head is spinning, and you fall to the ground, in complete surrender to the night. This is Alien. It’s killing you softly. It’s a death you love and embrace. After all, you die to the world of man to be reborn to the one of unicorns, and moon flowers… and love.

10 points out of 10
Revenge is sweet
Whenever I see this bottle, I can't help but think of an office war in which I myself was no angel. Fortunately, a long time ago I once had the dubious honor of sharing an office space with a nasty colleague with whom I had a deep mutual dislike. Without going into the endless episodes of this annoying catfight, which made me uncomfortable every morning, at some point all the nastiness was exchanged and it was time for more subtle games on the bitch keyboard.
Since an innocent-looking sample with the name "Angel", which was enclosed in my perfumery order, came extremely handy. When testing I recognized directly the potential and sprayed me the next morning in front of the office building generously with it. The colleague who had been in "I'm punishing you with icy ignorance" mode for some time came into the office in the morning and couldn't help but break her self-imposed vow of silence and greet me with a disgusted "Bah, do you have a new perfume or what?". Like an angel, I looked up from my files and innocently fluted "Hm no, why?". "Then I guess someone forgot to take out the trash! There's something rotting in here!" she hissed.
Despite all my differences with this lady, I can't entirely disagree with her on this one. The scent's opening, at least on my skin, does indeed evoke a provocative mix of fermented citrus, overripe melons, animalic notes and rotting earth. A liquid compost heap in the sun with an insane punch and potential to trigger headaches and more in sensitive people. At this stage, however, it is completely pointless to try to free yourself from this scent, even showers it easily withstands and has an incredible staying power. After some time, it then miraculously changes and shows its gourmand creamy side as vanilla and chocolate emerge. Still, it remains a bulky, massive scent that makes a statement and - at least if you don't really dose it very very carefully - keeps others at bay. Today I had an Angel sample in my order after ages and I'm sticking with it. This is nothing for blond-haired cake-baking innocent angels, but a beast with claws, even if the bottle and the name rather promise the former.
JaneAmber
On a rainy day at the museum
I will always associate this scent with that day in the early 90s.
My boyfriend at the time and I decided to visit the Museum of Art and Cultural History due to the continuous rain on that Sunday.
A few days earlier I had received this new, exciting fragrance as a gift from him, but I still lacked the occasion to wear it.
An afternoon at the museum among all the old and venerable, seemed fitting for this, as yet indefinable to me, heavy perfume.

I can still see myself pacing through the various rooms, unusually silent and reverent, lost in thought about eras and individual destinies.
My friend and I lost sight of each other a little, but I was not alone, although the museum was only moderately visited.
My faithful companion was Angel.
Every second, since the morning's application, that sensual sweet scent, that confusing yet soothing blue wonder, enveloped me at every turn.
Like an aura of ripe fruit, wide-blossomed flowers, spices and comforting resin.

Last time I stood in front of a portrait by Max Liebermann, I had the impression that Angel would have easily fit into the time when it was painted.
In other eras as well, I'm sure.
A magical, star-shaped gem, whose contents triggered extensive journeys into my emotional and thought world, rather than superficial pleasure, in me.

Since then, I was fascinated for many years, until it was used up at some point and the bottle was disposed of a little lovelessly.
Other had moved in and taken its place.
Today, I occasionally sniff it in perfumeries, but it remains a memory , and a new acquisition could not reignite the same beguiling power of that time.
However, I'm sure that even today a faint whiff of Angel still wafts through said museum. Inextricably linked to it.
Always on rainy days, and most intensely in front of one particular portrait....
The Heavenly Fair
I can't believe I haven't written anything about the original "Angel"... could have sworn that it was quite fast at the beginning of my writing. Quite a few of his flankers (especially the men's versions) and copies were, anyway, often I smelled him on women and girlfriends - now it's time for a commi! That's the way it should be with legends, you can't just let them stand without a word. So it's a good thing that my fiancée got it as a gift from her father this Christmas and added it to our collection - spray it on right away and refresh your memory!

Mugler's blue star is already something yummy. One of the first cotton candy perfumes, absolutely groundbreaking and decisive. But not only from its status and influence a breaker, also from the fragrance itself still a boon. Love or Hate, sure dat. There are a lot of people who can't get along with this at all and turn up their noses. Or just can't smell it anymore. But for me, it remains quite appealing and, at best, undressing. On cloud nine with dirty thoughts. Milk chocolate meets silky patchouli and some burnt rubber. Humanizing thickener for the nose. A milestone, a masterpiece. A sweet bullet hail of fluffy calories. Berry-like, bomb-like, (b)angelic. With wet wings into the warm nest. Between funfair, whorehouse and four-poster bed. "Angel" is nasty for some - but pure greed for many. A thousand times others have tried to imitate or even top it - almost all of them have failed. Often crashingly. "Angel" still sits on his little cloud, spreads his legs and just grins smugly at that. Almost arrogantly. Frivolous feminism without compromise and full of femininity. Mmmmmmmh!

Flacon: legendary!
Sillage: powerhouse
Longevity: lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts.... 10 hours. Or more. Depends on what you're doing. And how much you sweat while doing it....

Bottom line: still very much a pushing myth! Once boundary-pushing, now more often copied than the blueprint of a log cabin. Still playful, powerful and.... horny?!
Surprising love
When I unpacked the angel and sprayed it for the first time I was shocked. He unfortunately did not smell at all like I imagined him (YES I dared a blind purchase) At first I felt like I was standing in a forest of fir trees Very spicy and woody. This scent is definitely not everybody's cup of tea (headache possible).
With time, however, this initial smell, which by now doesn't bother me that much anymore, disappears What remains is an intense chocolaty fragrance. Incredibly beautiful, very sweet I fell in love with him afterwards, even if it was not love at first sight ;)
Durability and silage very good. It is in any case a complement catcher.
Sweet Angel
I recently tested this great perfume and the only thing that keeps me from buying it is the expensive price. It smells great. It takes some getting used to at first and it's very fruity. After that the scent develops on my skin in a sweet and through the patchouli also in a fresh direction. This fresh-sweet mixture suits me very well. I can't get enough of this wonderful smell and don't understand why some of them get headaches. It is not that strong. But I'm probably harder in taking : ) I only got headaches from Maroussia.
In any case, this fragrance is very interesting and versatile; you can smell different notes, while with some other fragrances you only perceive one scent. It smells much more interesting/varied than the Alien (where I only smell flowery scent), but it's good. Here you can smell sweets (vanilla, chocolate, caramel, cotton candy, coconut), different flowers and some fruits and together with the spicy patchouli and musk it has a fresh undertone. I think it fits in summer as well as in winter. The smell is also not exhausting for me at all, so it always goes.
The fragrance for chocolatiers
First of all, I like Angel. I like him a lot. There's chocolate in there too :)
But I don't like Angel on me. I can't stand him on me for more than a few minutes. Not because I don't like him, but because something in this scent is crushing me and unfortunately also causes slight nausea. My guess is coconut and/or lily of the valley, or is it the honey? Unfortunately the scent sticks to you like superglue, so a quick washing off is not possible. If you have sprayed yourself with Angel, even if it was only a little bit, everyone within a radius of several meters smells it and that immediately, in the same second. Of all the sugar bombs, it is by far the sweetest and at the same time the most room-filling scent I know. When others walk past me with this scent, it smells simply stunning. It smells like a pastry shop with delicious chocolate cake. And in this moment I always find him great again. But I will have to be content with these moments, because unfortunately there is not enough for more. Pity
Hated angel...
unjustly.
I have when some people say you're "not her scent" or you're "too heavy". Even headaches you're supposed to cause some people. Even that's not so bad, because some people say that about me. We're both a little difficult.

But what I don't understand is why they let hate tirades rain down on them as if you were the smell of a sewer
You don't deserve that no matter what. Whether you are up to the personal taste or not.

You were the first of your kind When your Creator first sent you out into the wide world in 1992, you - like no one else before you - entered the stage. Turned the world of perfume upside down.
No one was as sweet, extraordinary and complex as you

You are part of the history of perfume, you have heralded the era of gourmands. Paving the way for many of today's favorite gourmands.
In 1998 you even toppled Channel No.5 from its throne in France. Everyone wanted only you!
But today is different.
Today one is spoiled by constant change. Today you don't want any rough edges like you have them.
Your brothers and sisters, perfectly adapted to modern pop culture. Yet you have managed to stay on your stage until today. The lights have become a bit darker, but still, the throne of the Gourmands is still yours.
You are extraordinary, like the others created from the vision of your creator.

If I spray you, it's only at home. By myself. Not because I'm afraid of those who bad-mouth you -No!
You tell me about a day in my childhood memory
The first thing that smells is the cotton candy and coconut mixed with a scent that is indefinable to me That's right, you smell like the fair I went to with my dad extra early in the day because we're going to Grandma's afterwards. The candy stands, the smell of chocolate fruit, cotton candy and the smoke machines at the carousels
After an hour, soaked by the fairground smells, I go to grandma in the garden, where I quickly look to see if there are still berries hanging from the bushes between all the pretty flowers.
Still the smell of the fair in my hair, the smell of the garden is easily drawn into my clothes
After many hours, my mom finally joins us. The smells of the day have disappeared a little but and I notice the perfume of my mother. Patchouli, amber, musk. With the light veil, the rest of the day
The Angel, you are for me
A classic that can tell stories with a little imagination :)
I'm not a very good writer.
But I hope it's not too bad and you understand what it comes down to :)
With Angela uffe Kirmes
Angela's a total love! We have known each other all our lives, we get along really well, but we are not best friends anyway.
Personally, I am satisfied if we see each other from time to time and spend several hours together.
Angela may not be in such a good financial position, but with her job in such an eco-shop she keeps her head above water. In her 2-room old building flat it always smells slightly esoteric and a little musty, but I didn't want to tell her that until now.
Until recently.
When we wanted to make a bicycle trip to the fair from her apartment, I was supposed to advise her on how to dress for it. Half-naked she opened her wardrobe and said:
"You look what you want me to wear! I'm totally aimless today!"
When I approached the open cupboard, I already smelled this musty smell. Since I had a suspicion, I pushed all hanging clothes aside and saw the dilemma:
"Say Angela, the back wall of your wardrobe is completely damp and mouldy - just look!"
And what does she say? -
"Yes, I know. That's why I always put on the patchouli incense from the store, so it doesn't smell so bad. It's just old building and private landlord - he just doesn't do anything. I don't have any space to put the cupboard free and no money to buy a new one!"
I told her she wants to put pressure on the landlord and that we will see if we can get a cupboard somewhere. It has to go on the bulky waste Well- well, I wasn't surprised that her clothes always smell so musty and mouldy.
The problem is that for environmental reasons she only uses soap nuts to wash her clothes and washes them cold. Which brings us to the next problem She either uses no deodorant at all or only this salt crystal. When she sweats, this old sweat smell simply cannot be removed from her clothes.
But unfortunately, that's one point I really can't tell her. I was just suggesting that she might like to wear tank tops, because I'm sure they would look good on her.

Anyway, I picked out an outfit from her closet and then we went off to the fair.
Of course she sweated a little after the bike ride Short and sweet- Angela smelled again of old sweat and mold.
But no matter - the sweet smell of the fair - of cotton candy, candied fruits and other delicacies was already coming our way and in combination with Angela's smell it has something special!
Because like I said before:
Angela's a total love!
Angel is rightly a much loved and also hated classic, which for me has absolute niche quality.
Because many a niche fragrance tries to be SPECIAL through bizarre notes and does not succeed or is not wearable!
Angel has, intentionally or not, bizarre notes, but you only notice them when you get very close to them.
In his aura he is beautiful and kind!
The queen of gourmands! br />

The starry pinãta fragrance
[short review]
In my opinion, all gourmand perfumes need to be designed very carefully so that they don't become nauseating. Too much sugar may just make you sick!
This olfactory fatigue can occur during either its recurring use, or in a single application due to a strong projection and longevity. A high sillage can also infect those around us and create some group aversion to the fragrance. If a perfume stays on the market for a long time, its continued familiarity can also lead to some annoyance. As the eyes may also smell, the design and the very bold presentation of a bottle can get our attention at first, but over time it can become tiring.
Angel is a very gourmand perfume, with high longevity, sillage and projection. It has been on the market for 28 years now and its bottle must have the most unique design in the history of perfumery with its starry shape!... and it has resisted the effect of time. Currently it is still a star reference among feminine perfumes.
So what is its secret? It can only tied to its formula and blending mastery, and so justifying why many women and men find the Angel scent so sexy and appealing.
As with any masterpiece, this perfume also has its legion of haters. The loudness they create just increase the Angel awareness. The good things of life are always yin and yang. Quite a lot of years ago the market witnessed the same effect with Tabu.

In the opening and heart we find a piñata full of ripe sweet fruit, desserts and cotton candy that in a short time are mixed with an extensive bouquet of nectary flowers. The scent is intense and pleasantly intrusive. The ambery bottom throws us with a bomb of a seductive patchouli, sweet spices, chocolate and caramel. Visually, I could only imagine this overly sweet scenario with some suspicion. However my nose does not think the same way. It likes what is proposed and even qualifies this fragrance with a unisex tendency so that I am willing to use it too.
In a woman I find this fragrance just irresistible.
I do recommend it!

Music: The Archies - "Sugar, Sugar"

EsojoEsojo 6 months ago
Innovating and taking risks pays off.
AmberScentAmberScent 1 year ago
This is one perfume that makes my head turn when a woman passes by wearing it! Sexy as hell!
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
I am learning to appreciate its offbeat beauty and quirky charm, but it can still knock me sideways.
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
It smells of candy, patchouli, chocolate and vanilla. It seems like the dated scent of a crowded Luna Park... yes, it's that wonderful!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I sometimes dream of a woman who is 20% Charlize Thieron, 20% Famke Janssen, 20% Bridget Moynahan, 20% Meg Ryan and 20% Mugler's Angel.
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Release the genie in the wrong moment and it can be dreadful. But, right moment and Angel is a great dirty chocolate patch, sugarless, raw.
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
I will be blunt: This is a fallen angel...horribly foul and wrapped in a glittering and attractive package. Just like Satan.

by Zora
by Zora
Buntstiftspitzen-Stern :-)) ....#buntstiftbunt für Fresh
by LaVioletta
Fotokunst / Blog 2 ... für fresh21
by GlamourAngel
Wir haben es geschafft. Guten Rutsch.
by Agrafena
by Friesin
by Friesin
by Habanita
by Habanita
Der einzig wahre ANGEL Engel.......
by 2020Antiope
by EvaK
by Queenie
by Queenie
by Rosaviola
Eine 8ml Miniatur vom Angel EdP.
by Bellemorte
by Somebody
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler