Angel (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler

Angel 1992 Eau de Parfum

Bcars10
10.04.2017 - 01:05 AM

Fallen Angel

At the outset, I'd like to apologize to all of you who think Mugler's Angel is da bomb.

This is a negative review. I tested it again today, and I still cannot see how this is labeled as a sweet gourmand!!! It is not sweet at all to me! The first note I smell is very menthol, almost like Vick's Vapo Rub. Then it dries down to a burnt rubber smell. It is very, very synthetic on me. I have tried several times to like it, thinking something will change--even testing at different stores!--but it just makes me nauseous. This doesn't smell like any angel I could imagine, except for a fallen angel.

The sillage and longevity are, as others have noted, quite remarkable. Even after scrubbing my hand, I can still smell it--it is extremely masculine. I do love the bottle and would like to add it to my collection. Such a shame.

Latest Reviews

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) - Montale

Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) Sharp, manly rose
I'm with Sherapop, the musk in this must be ambroxan. There are roses for sure, but it also has that weird, sharp metallic tang that I get from Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. I don't like it. It reads as masculine to my nose, and makes my brain...

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Nectar Love - DKNY / Donna Karan

Nectar Love Banal and cloying
I tested this tonight in Ulta. The adorable bottle with the little bees on it really caught my eye! I should have known…bees=honey. Honey is one of my kryptonite notes, and it is majorly present in this perfume. It’s basically fruity and honey-sweet. I...