Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 2014

Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler
Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 is a popular limited perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It was last marketed by Clarins. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesRed berry sorbetRed berry sorbet
Heart Notes Heart NotesCaramel syrupCaramel syrup
MeringueMeringue
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.10.2021.

Winter Wonderland
Hello dearest perfume friends and welcome to the 3rd door of my perfume advent calendar, today I present you my favourite Angel variant: Mugler - Angel Eau Sucrée

Once released as a limited edition in 2014 and 2015 still under Thierry Mugler, produced by Clarins, and in 2017 by Mugler (the Thierry was discarded when the brand was sold), produced by L'Oréal, the fragrance is still readily available, at least on the internet. The scent pyramid is the same, only the bottle is different. I've heard voices saying that the 2017 version seems weaker than the others, but I haven't tested it myself. My version is from 2015.

In Angel Eau Sucrée I have now found my perfect angel. The fragrance starts penetratingly buried. I smell a whole handful of redcurrants, maybe the odd raspberry or blackberry has crept in. In the heart note a sweet meringue tart develops, which is tamed by the strong patchouli in the base, typical for fishing. Thus the fragrance appears gourmand-sweet, but by no means overwhelming. At any time it retains a fagile and almost floating character.

Compared to the original Angel, it may seem a little flat, but for those who are overwhelmed by the totality of the dense scents in Angel and who still like the goumandig-fruity basic idea and especially the earthy patchouli, this wintry Angel in a sugar-spread blue winter dress might please them.

Every year I look forward to the winter with its freezing cold and snowy days, because that is when the scent comes into its own.

Schnupperl
I actually still love one of Mugler's angels :)
Where to start...
I don't like the primal angel at all. I recently tested Angel Muse, he's a genius. So I took a closer look at Angel Surcrée. I think the fragrance pyramid is very tasty. I was given a small bottle of this fragrance and had to test it naturally.

Right after the job, I notice red, sour berries. Personally, I don't find that sour note that pleasant. Thank God it won't last long. I notice quite quickly that the acid becomes softer and the fragrance gets some sweetness. The scent develops more and more in the sweet direction, acid is soft. Baiser mixes in, also bissl vanilla and bissl patchouli. In the beginning I found the scent ok, it becomes more and more beautiful after a short time and I like it very much until then.

Developed I float in the seventh fragrance or gourmand sky:
A beautifully arranged plate with meringue, garnished with sugared and slightly sour red berry sorbet, a dash of vanilla sauce and a patchouli leaf. My God, it's dreamy.

The shelf life and Sillage are good.

Angel Sucrée is definitely worth a test. Even if you don't like the Ur-Angel :).
Not my Sweetheart...:
I've never had a fishing rod before. Somehow lacked the attraction ... all raved about it . In this time the perfumes were worn overdosed what deter me read these to test ...
With this fragrance pyramid I couldn't help but order it almost blindly...I simply can't help ordering blindly ....
So the next day I went to the "Come in and find out" the sellers had to open an extra pack because there was no tester.
It was just before closing time and wanted to like him somehow and just take him with me...but something kept me..from the beginning was something stinging to smell,with time it got worse and worse and it smelled like cat urine.
At home I had strong headaches, couldn't believe that I could get this from a scent.
But it was definitely the scent ...with a lot of effort I could scrub it from my wrist ...but the headaches unfortunately remained a little bit .::
Very, very sad !! This fragrance pyramid sounded soooo yummi ...but unfortunately we do not fit together ..:
4.5
Modern Art
That is so incredibly sweet. I don't smell certain notes, just something very sugary. Something edible with something towards vanilla. I don't even want to eat sweets like that, it makes me nauseous...
I don't like the smell, too sweet, too much like a dessert.
But I really respect the Mugler fragrances. They are incredibly iconic and unique. They stand out so much from the mass of fragrances that once you smell them, you can recognize them again and again without the slightest doubt. I don't think the purpose of this fragrance is necessarily wearability. It's haute couture, it's about presentation, about exploring what's possible, about art for art's sake.
Like modern art, you're glad that it exists, it was important for the further development of art, but you wouldn't hang it in your living room then either.
That's Angel. I take my hat off from the scent, but NEVER wear NÄÄÄH.

Softened, sweetened, modnernised. Angel
The "sherbet" and "meringue" notes come across as purely "sweet" to me, but not cloying. I smell the red fruits, and a softened but still very recognisable version of the original Angel.

More fruity than I expected. I don't notice any of the sherbet, caramel or meringue notes. However like it, and can definitely smell the Angel "DNA" so to speak but the complete scent is easily told apart from the original and much more modern and wearable.

Hayven
If you don't like Angel...try this
I've tried flanker after flanker of Angel and disliked most of them except one or two (the edt and Liqueur de Parfum Création 2013). I don't know why perfume hobbyists such as myself push to test over and over the same perfumes we dislike in hopes we develop a new-found love in them...

I was lucky to have a member on Fragrantica obtain a sample of this for me as a Nordstrom was not close by for testing (this was a Nordstrom exclusive for a little while; I was able to get it at Sephora today). She said it was an Angel flanker for people who don't like Angel. I took her word for it; and she was right!

The sherbet gives the perfume a nice tart bite at the beginning. This still has a bit of Angel's patchouli in the base, but it's not overwhelming by any means. The drydown is a creamy berry meringue. I finally found a flanker to love.

by JulieFä91
by Hayven
by MatBen
by MatBen

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler