Violette Angel 2005

Violette Angel by Mugler
Bottle Design Thierry Mugler
Violette Angel is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesHyacinthHyacinth
Violet leafViolet leaf
SugarSugar
Heart Notes Heart NotesWoodsWoods
VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.07.2021.

Angel Behind The Violet Veil
Angel Violette opens with Angel's signature patchouli + vanilla/sugar combo. I initially worried about the sugar being watery sweet. Luckily it's smoothened by vanilla. However, the patchouli seems a little bit sharper compared to the other three Garden Stars, but still, it's been toned down a lot compared to the original. And as usual, the patch + sweetness combo smells like chocolate.

Violette doesn't evolve dramatically. The Angel base is softened by violet leaf, hiacynth and violet but none of them is distinctive enough. After 1 or 2 hours later, like sofiii mentioned, the scent did remind me of the cherry + licorice combo in Jesus del Pozo in Black.

It turns into a skin scent after about 5 hours. The vanilla and sugar mellow while herbal notes become more prominent. It lasts about 8 hours in total and the sillage is relatively soft.

Violette is indeed Angel but softened by violet. However, if you're looking for an unusual violet prominent fragrance, I might not recommend it as first choice.

EDIT: After wearing it a few times, I can now discern the peppery violet leaf and the spicy and powdery violet. The violet combined with the patchouli also gives me a discreet dried plum like note. But overall, it's still like looking at Angel through a violet veil, as the violet mingles meticulously with the other notes in Angel Violette.

Miss Violette
Ethyl Maltol. In such concentrations that my poor unsophisticated olfactory apparatus shuts down and won't register anything else.

Oh dear, I feel like a doddery old fool insisting I don't understand the music the kids are listening to.

AND they play it too loud. ;-)

I shall persist. I shall not accept perfume generation gap. I'm sure that fault lies with me. Surely the youth of today know what's what?

All self deprecation aside, I can pick a sweet sweet orange oil and something quite violet-like, maybe even a hint of violet leaf. There's something long, cool and pepperminty. Nose against the skin the effect is very sticky and syrupy, the sillage more ethereal - like the breath of someone who's popped a strong mint and a violet pastille in their mouth at once, savoured and then rinsed with raspberry cordial. I'm persisting... I have to try so hard with it to get something beyond the confectioners' sugar.

Just as it's hard to get to know anything beyond the superficial when talking with someone who's the life of the party, so it is with this: carapaced with a sugary floss that acts as shield and armour protecting complexity of personality.

Maybe that's the post-modern point. Scent is analogous to the in-public face we wear. It's meant to be a show, a façade. We save our real self (as is proper and special) for our intimates. What scent does the Angel girl wear at home?

Six hours in there's something pretty, spicy and powdery going on. Egoiste for teenage girls. With. Sugary. Floss.

How successfully this scent achieves its aim. I would not be at all displeased if a young person of my acquaintance favoured this scent. And I am grateful to it for being such a fine example of its kind that I learned a thing or two.

Violet winter wonderland
This is so whimsical , when i wear it , it makes me think of majical fairy forests, sprinkled in glittering snow..... Absolutley Gorgeous !

Shame its dammed discontinued , like all the perfumes I really love

Sugary and powdered violets
I love the smell of violets when they are not too strong or too powdery. In this fragrance they are perfect.

Violette Angel is delicate, fresh, green and sweet. It is surprisingly quite warm and comforting, almost like a cashmere blanket draped over your shoulders. This is indeed a Wintery scent.

I love that this fragrance is sweet without being too sweet. Forget cotton candy, think lightly sugared violets, powdery almost.

This is by far my favourite from the Garden of Stars collection. I loved it the moment I sprayed it, even before I let it develop. And let me tell you, the drydown is divine. Soft and powdery vanilla with the slightest hint of violet.

Once again the sillage and lasting strength does not disappoint, Thierry Mugler fragrances rarely do. This fragrance gets the thumbs up from me.

by 0815abc
by MariNom
by Scheeheratze
by Scheeheratze

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler