Angel Muse 2016Eau de Parfum

Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Red berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesHazelnut cream
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Georgia May Jagger, photographed by Sølve Sundsbø.

Spicy hazelnut cream
I tested the scent yesterday. I couldn't really assign the top note, but after about 2 minutes I got the hazelnut cream, but it was not a pure hazelnut cream, but one with herbs. Super nice spicy-sweet. A dream smell, which did not remain however for a long time, but was replaced much too fast by a quite exchangeable basis. A great pity
Baking Cocoa feat the Gourmants
I guess I'm one of those people who is absolutely not a Mugler fan. If someone is trying to sell me Alien, my skin chemistry says "unfortunately no".

But the other day I stood like this in the organ M and looked around. Since Mr. Jeremy raved about the scent, I sniffed and took the test sprayer
I noticed the grapefruit and the red berries in my head and was pleasantly surprised. I had expected to see the down-rolling Angel DNA, but that was ok. In the following came what Mr Fragrance describes as "sexy dark chocolate". I thought I smelled a little bit like Noisette and dark chocolate. I didn't think it was sexy, I thought it was more like "well, baking cocoa". But then they sneaked up on vetiver and patchouli and I have to say, I caught myself sniffing around all day long.

Stupidly it was a Saturday noon and I had to cross the market and at noon I was in the botany and you could still smell it. In the evening at dinner the man asked me if this was still the morning's stuff from the miller and I had to say yes.

As the 15ml refill bottle was available for 30 Euro Plus Percentage, I thought, I'll buy it and yes, I am very happy about the fragrance, because it is something special. It is more for autumn and winter, but I seldom feverishly await a fragrance when I can finally wear it longer. However, I always have to realize that I am an absolutely anti-cyclical perfume buyer :)

The fragrance is not for people who don't want to stand out, yet it is not a sledgehammer like Alien. It has a sillage that sneaks up on you and then it's there. You should build up the dosage slowly, because he unexpectedly really gets into it.

I think it is a special fragrance, which with all its sweetness and vehemence is not quite so heavy and old-fashioned. Yes, he is difficult, but if you want light scents, you shouldn't look to Mugler.
BWE73
Hmmm??? I am at a loss...
Test sprayer at M, home of the divine: New? You already smell like that! The blue...me: Hmm? This one? Addict-er: yes, exactly! I'm confused... smells like Addict? ??!
I don't report the beginning like this, but at home after 1-2 hours: yeah! More of that!!!! And actually smells on me for me after my signature scent Addict!!♥️
Ninamuse
You make me sick! Because I adore you so...
As a huge fan of the British band "Muse", I was naturally triggered when Mugler released a fragrance called "Angel Muse" in 2016. I immediately had the melody of "Space Dementia" in my head:

"H8 is the one for me
It gives me all I need
And helps me coexist
With the chill..."

Visually, I was also immediately taken with Angel Muse, because the campaign photos with the "Muse" Georgia May Jagger, who floats in the middle of a pink galaxy cloud, should probably cast a spell over everyone who grew up with Sailor Moon. It also reminds me of Eris from the animated movie "Sinbad" by DreamWorks: The goddess of chaos takes a bubble bath in a galaxy and makes some nasty plans... The slogan of the advertisement also promises: "A fragrance you will hate to love". All these associations came together to form an extremely coherent and harmonious overall picture in my head... Off to test it!

Test no. 1: In the perfumery I smelled only briefly at the spray head and retreated from it alone with a coughing fit: extremely strong and earthy-bitter, not to say musty! Angel DNA is definitely present!

Test no. 2: Again this earthy, musty, dirty one that kills you. But the scent on the clothes is somehow great: it starts with bitter grapefruit and soon flows into the praline nut cream, which never gets too sticky and sticky, but is balanced by vetiver and patchouli as bitter opposites. It ends in a sweet and tangy drydown, very tasty and interesting!

"You make me sick
Because I adore you so
I love all the dirty tricks And twisted games you play on me..."

Test no. 3: On the test strip, Muse still smells so sweet-herb-intensive even after a week and makes you sniff again and again.

In the course of time, Hate has truly become an interested Like and finally Love! At this point a big thank you to dear Heikeso, who sent me her bottle! :)

The flacon itself is a real hand flatterer: like a smoothly polished, metallic meteorite from the cosmos, which contains a golden, extraterrestrial liquid. Sillage and durability are (as with Angel and Alien) also out of this world. One spray (!) scents an apartment completely, no joke. On me I can clearly perceive Muse all day long. So far, people have reacted positively and asked what smells so pleasant in this room. In my opinion, the Muse is best used in the freezing cold winter and outside, where it envelops you with a protective, warming aura. No more hate, just love! And in that sense I can only sing:

"'Angel Muse' is the one for me
It gives me all I need
And helps me coexist
With the chill..."
(Muse - Space Dementia)
Kryptonite
Actually, I don't have the words to describe this scent even approximately, but still I want to dare.
First of all you have to say :Either you love him...or you hate him.
And yes...I belong to the former, because this smell, which envelops everything and lets nothing else penetrate, is for me pure ecstasy, which mates with moments of mummy-child-cuddle and moments of man-woman lust. He is as penetrating as a toddler begging for attention 24 hours a day and as seductive as a man who makes every effort to...well...prepare the highest pleasures.

I want to wallow in him, rub him, take him completely inside me...even though he is disgusting and I want to run away from him at the same time. He is sweet, bitter, warm cold, rain, summer, autumn and winter, he is the night in the club and the day as a housewife.

When I wear it, I feel everything and nothing...the whole universe wrapped in a grain of sand.

This fragrance is my kryptonite: indescribably beautiful and unbelievably disgusting at the same time
Where's my Hanuta?
Monsieur Mugler and I will no longer be best friends in this life. And I like Angel... when my neighbor wears it. On her it smells wonderful and the felt for 3 days, on me the scent is unfortunately not perceptible after 2 hours, neither for me nor for others. I don't know, how that goes with such a wumms-fragrance... I like aliens too... when my daughter wears them. She makes him smell so mysterious. He smells like a mosquito kettle on me, but lasts the said 3 days. Thank you for nothing!

I had already come to terms with the fact that I did not correspond to Monsieur Mugler's target group when I discovered Womanity 2 years ago, who stood by me faithfully and freshly for a whole summer. So soothed, I was even willing to try Angel Muse. The perfume connoisseur of my trust had assured me several times before that he was not to be compared with Angel and that I could try a spray attempt calmly. I firmly held my wrist out to her and... was totally disappointed! It smelled like a wet dog! Oh, no! Oh, no! This only happens when I use a scent that contains too much iris in some form or form.

But before I had really finished bathing in my self-pity, the grapefruit, which had probably let the wet dog out in the beginning, suddenly became much friendlier. Patchouli came by as a rescuer in distress and held his protective hand over me. He watched over the grapefruit and the wet dog and made sure that no one got cheeky on my skin anymore, but that a really pleasant, warm scent could unfold. And that scent stayed overnight! He celebrated with me through and danced while others danced again and again on and in the nose around. I really like to use it now when I need a fragrance I can rely on. I know that wet dog won't stay long! :D

Monsieur Mugler has found something for me that makes us forget the arguments of the last years. You could say we greet each other again! :) The hazelnut cream, which is contained according to the fragrance pyramid, he didn't treat me to. He kept my Hanuta! ;)
Marilyn25
Hazelnut cream with grapefruit or the dancing woman
Angel Muse starts off citrically and tangy with the grapefruit, but right from the start the hazelnut cream mixes with it, like Nutella without chocolate. The scent is very intense and with only one sprayer very well perceptible in the environment. Unfortunately, he developed too strong an obtrusive note in me. Angel Muse demands space, is present, shouts: "Hello, here I am!" . The Sillage is very strong, so strong that my father asked me to wash off the scent before eating. If he were a person, he would be a lively little blonde woman who, despite her small size, stands out because she wears a bright purple dress and high heels. It sprays with energy and good humour and thus infects the environment. She dances through the area and spreads a sweet, gourmandigen smell, the hair tied to a kessen Zopf. She also drinks grapefruit lemonade.

This fragrance has an enormous shelf life and sillage. Even after washing the dishes it was still very good to smell.
It is certainly good for the colder season and in the evening. Maybe in a purple dress and high heels?

It's a pity that he develops such a penetrating note with me, otherwise I would have liked to have liked him.
Finchen1976
Muse - cough syrup for spraying
To all museum lovers - I'm sorry already! Honestly At the airport I could and wanted to test the muse because of the great comments and the beautiful bottle. (I like to test at airports - you don't have anything to do except waiting!) And whoops, a generous sprayer landed on my hand.

The fragrance pyramid honestly doesn't tell me anything, I don't smell hazelnut either. But cough syrup! Herbal, sweet, like a spilled liqueur. Also my travelling girlfriend reminded the smell of me of something from grandma's herb rack. Or maybe Ricola or something. :-)

Not unpleasant, but no nice scent on me either. It doesn't smell like perfume.

I don't know if I want to retest it and give it a second chance.

I don't think so.

PS: Again there is no rating, I can imagine quite well that the smell smells stunning on the right person.

Here I am - the golden center
This fragrance is a statement, whoever wears this fragrance is greeted everywhere with a smile. This fragrance pleases and attracts attention. Not for delicate wallflowers who prefer to be alone. This fragrance envelops you like a comforting cloud of charisma and charm. This woman is the centre of attention, has long hair, lush curves, is seductive and irresistible
It's delicious....
To write one thing in advance:
I can't have a normal fishing rod, it's too much of anything for me. So I wasn't quite unprejudiced when one beautiful afternoon I went to my regular perfume dealer and was shown a new fishing rod.

Saleswoman: "Would you like a taste? This is the new Angel Muse from "Mugler" and held this brownish, silver-edged oval bottle out to me, beaming with joy.
I'm like, "Nah, thanks, I don't think I want that. It'll be way too sweet for me. I don't like the fishing rod."
She: " Yes it is sweet, but very pleasant and damn tasty and not to be confused with the normal fishing rod."
Me: "Not?"
She said "No" and sprayed me on my wrist.

I smelled.... yes a fishing rod... I knew it. I pulled out my face. Waved the saleswoman politely off and put my wrist back into the sleeve of the sweater.

A little later I had to re-sort my hair and a pleasant warm scent came into my nose.
Hmmm... what's that now? That ain't the Angel Muse, is it? I smelled my wrist. I do! I smelled now once again with closed eyes at my wrist.

I smelled a soft, creamy, powdery hazelnut cream that is beautifully sweet and gourmandig. Yes, it's really great...I wouldn't have thought at first that I'd have a fishing rod moved in, but this muse is.
This fragrance gives me a warm and pleasant feeling. I like to wear it when it's filthy outside and I want to make myself comfortable. Or just for a cosy coffee party on cold days.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 21 days ago
Very powerful opening with grapefruit, berries and nuts. In the dry down, it settles to a creamy, sweet hazelnut scent with some patchouli.
CatarinaCatarina 16 months ago
Probably the best Angel for my taste. The Hazelnut Créme is just to alluring to resist. A premium niche juice in a exquisite bottle.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 23 months ago
A delicacy from another galaxy! Warm and round with a very noticeable hazelnut cream note. Perfect in winter. I adore it
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I offered this EDP to my wife. Besides being one of the best perfumes for women, it is a sex reminder!
Get your wife a bottle ASAP.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
At first I didn't find this compelling but a year later can't get enough. If you don't like it at first, keep trying. Creamy, sweet & nutty.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by DuftePerla
by DuftePerla
by Lola1997
by Lola1997
by ChatonNoir
Zur derzeitigen Krise:          Wer unter Menschen nur einen Engel sucht, der findet kaum Menschen. Wer aber unter Menschen nur Menschen sucht, der findet gewiß einen Engel. Moritz Gottlieb Saphir  (1795 - 1858), eigentlich Moses Saphir
Drei Nüsse + ein Angel im Schnee
by UnterZwang
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler