Angel Muse 2016 Eau de Parfum

Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Red berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesHazelnut cream
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Georgia May Jagger, photographed by Sølve Sundsbø.

Very ingenious
Mega awesome, but had concerns before when I read the reviews....
Smell clearly the red berries and hazelnut cream. But no whole milk cream and no white or bitter. More like white choc and whole milk choc melted together in a water bath and then you throw in the thawed berry mixture and mix it all up.

That slightly "dirty", earthy note comes later and makes the scent adult. I don't find it distracting. After vanilla smell can yes everyone ;)
I am addicted!

The fragrance is mega strong and definitely something for the winter or to go away, otherwise you slay his fellow with it

Board the starship.. Angel Muse
I love this fragrance. This is where gourmand meets earthy. And while it achieves an authentic gourmand quality (its one of the most succesful hazelnut interprations in my opinion, nutty and creamy) it manages not to be solely a gourmand. There is the charming presence of patchouli (I m not a big fan of patchouli, in large doses at least) along with the bittersweet/woody vetiver which take this blend to another level of gourmand gloriousness. Many contradicting qualities co-exist harmoniously. The sentiment I get is shimmery and radiant which means there are some "shadows" along the way, for in order to perceive the light a bit of darkness is inevitable. In a single whiff I experience simultaneously variant olfactory textures and tinctures while the parallel olfactory universes come in contact and communicate.
0.5

Nutty grapefruit
So... this opens with a clear grapefruit/nutella combo, rather pleasant and uplifting. Patchouli takes the back seat, letting nutella play around with the citrusy note. Perfect for those not so keen on a powerful patchouli.

But then vetiver takes stage, and despite having tried it won't really subdue of even a little. Too much for my like, sadly, because the initial combo is a definite winner. This is really choco-grapefruit dance on a base of soft patchouli. Overall a very nice fragrance but the take on vetiver doesn't do it for me.

My signature is Angel, devoted wearer since its birth, so perhaps that's the reason: no vetiver in the original.
Chinchilla in cocoa bath
Have you ever seen a chinchilla take a sand bath? These fluffy little creatures do it to protect their fine fur from sticking together.
Similarly earthy as a chinchilla sand bath and a little stickier than the chinchilla skin, but Angel Muse smells of it, and instead of the sand, it was perhaps a mixture of cocoa powder and ground hazelnuts.

All in all, the scent is very well done, I find it contrary to many descriptions not really soft (Have you ever touched such a chinchilla? It's incredibly soft...), but a little bit edgy-spicy and has in any case a very high recognition value :) I'm sure I'll be wallowing in it a lot this fall/winter.
Comfortably soft and warm
The advertising video of the fragrance surprises me negatively - what's the point? This scent has absolutely nothing objectionable or provocative for me. On the contrary, it is simply a cuddly scent like a cashmere blanket. Personally, I don't smell as much gourmand as the others, and I'm an absolute gourmand lover. From the hazelnut cream, I mainly smell the cream; Angel's cuddly sister appears velvety soft and remains elegant. I recommend everybody who is afraid of too sweet edible scents but still wants to try something more full-bodied than aquatic and floral water to have a sniff here. I do notice Angel's Patchouli, an unsweet nut cream, slightly bitter cocoa bean and also a few herbs that are indefinable to me. I don't really see any trace of fruit, I can only detect a certain acidity. The scent remains quite similar, towards the end it gets at most a little softer than at the beginning. All in all a great, softer, brighter rod, with a good silage and durability. I like it better than the original, even the bottle is impressive! However, I find this advertising campaign completely incomprehensible and I think it is a disgrace for such a fragrance
Spicy hazelnut cream
I tested the scent yesterday. I couldn't really assign the top note, but after about 2 minutes I got the hazelnut cream, but it was not a pure hazelnut cream, but one with herbs. Super nice spicy-sweet. A dream smell, which did not remain however for a long time, but was replaced much too fast by a quite exchangeable basis. A great pity
Baking Cocoa feat the Gourmants
I guess I'm one of those people who is absolutely not a Mugler fan. If someone is trying to sell me Alien, my skin chemistry says "unfortunately no".

But the other day I stood like this in the organ M and looked around. Since Mr. Jeremy raved about the scent, I sniffed and took the test sprayer
I noticed the grapefruit and the red berries in my head and was pleasantly surprised. I had expected to see the down-rolling Angel DNA, but that was ok. In the following came what Mr Fragrance describes as "sexy dark chocolate". I thought I smelled a little bit like Noisette and dark chocolate. I didn't think it was sexy, I thought it was more like "well, baking cocoa". But then they sneaked up on vetiver and patchouli and I have to say, I caught myself sniffing around all day long.

Stupidly it was a Saturday noon and I had to cross the market and at noon I was in the botany and you could still smell it. In the evening at dinner the man asked me if this was still the morning's stuff from the miller and I had to say yes.

As the 15ml refill bottle was available for 30 Euro Plus Percentage, I thought, I'll buy it and yes, I am very happy about the fragrance, because it is something special. It is more for autumn and winter, but I seldom feverishly await a fragrance when I can finally wear it longer. However, I always have to realize that I am an absolutely anti-cyclical perfume buyer :)

The fragrance is not for people who don't want to stand out, yet it is not a sledgehammer like Alien. It has a sillage that sneaks up on you and then it's there. You should build up the dosage slowly, because he unexpectedly really gets into it.

I think it is a special fragrance, which with all its sweetness and vehemence is not quite so heavy and old-fashioned. Yes, he is difficult, but if you want light scents, you shouldn't look to Mugler.
BWE73
Hmmm??? I am at a loss...
Test sprayer at M, home of the divine: New? You already smell like that! The blue...me: Hmm? This one? Addict-er: yes, exactly! I'm confused... smells like Addict? ??!
I don't report the beginning like this, but at home after 1-2 hours: yeah! More of that!!!! And actually smells on me for me after my signature scent Addict!!♥️
Ninamuse
You make me sick! Because I adore you so...
As a huge fan of the British band "Muse", I was naturally triggered when Mugler released a fragrance called "Angel Muse" in 2016. I immediately had the melody of "Space Dementia" in my head:

"H8 is the one for me
It gives me all I need
And helps me coexist
With the chill..."

Visually, I was also immediately taken with Angel Muse, because the campaign photos with the "Muse" Georgia May Jagger, who floats in the middle of a pink galaxy cloud, should probably cast a spell over everyone who grew up with Sailor Moon. It also reminds me of Eris from the animated movie "Sinbad" by DreamWorks: The goddess of chaos takes a bubble bath in a galaxy and makes some nasty plans... The slogan of the advertisement also promises: "A fragrance you will hate to love". All these associations came together to form an extremely coherent and harmonious overall picture in my head... Off to test it!

Test no. 1: In the perfumery I smelled only briefly at the spray head and retreated from it alone with a coughing fit: extremely strong and earthy-bitter, not to say musty! Angel DNA is definitely present!

Test no. 2: Again this earthy, musty, dirty one that kills you. But the scent on the clothes is somehow great: it starts with bitter grapefruit and soon flows into the praline nut cream, which never gets too sticky and sticky, but is balanced by vetiver and patchouli as bitter opposites. It ends in a sweet and tangy drydown, very tasty and interesting!

"You make me sick
Because I adore you so
I love all the dirty tricks And twisted games you play on me..."

Test no. 3: On the test strip, Muse still smells so sweet-herb-intensive even after a week and makes you sniff again and again.

In the course of time, Hate has truly become an interested Like and finally Love! At this point a big thank you to dear Heikeso, who sent me her bottle! :)

The flacon itself is a real hand flatterer: like a smoothly polished, metallic meteorite from the cosmos, which contains a golden, extraterrestrial liquid. Sillage and durability are (as with Angel and Alien) also out of this world. One spray (!) scents an apartment completely, no joke. On me I can clearly perceive Muse all day long. So far, people have reacted positively and asked what smells so pleasant in this room. In my opinion, the Muse is best used in the freezing cold winter and outside, where it envelops you with a protective, warming aura. No more hate, just love! And in that sense I can only sing:

"'Angel Muse' is the one for me
It gives me all I need
And helps me coexist
With the chill..."
(Muse - Space Dementia)
Kryptonite
Actually, I don't have the words to describe this scent even approximately, but still I want to dare.
First of all you have to say :Either you love him...or you hate him.
And yes...I belong to the former, because this smell, which envelops everything and lets nothing else penetrate, is for me pure ecstasy, which mates with moments of mummy-child-cuddle and moments of man-woman lust. He is as penetrating as a toddler begging for attention 24 hours a day and as seductive as a man who makes every effort to...well...prepare the highest pleasures.

I want to wallow in him, rub him, take him completely inside me...even though he is disgusting and I want to run away from him at the same time. He is sweet, bitter, warm cold, rain, summer, autumn and winter, he is the night in the club and the day as a housewife.

When I wear it, I feel everything and nothing...the whole universe wrapped in a grain of sand.

This fragrance is my kryptonite: indescribably beautiful and unbelievably disgusting at the same time

BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Very powerful opening with grapefruit, berries and nuts. In the dry down, it settles to a creamy, sweet hazelnut scent with some patchouli.
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
Probably the best Angel for my taste. The Hazelnut Créme is just to alluring to resist. A premium niche juice in a exquisite bottle.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A delicacy from another galaxy! Warm and round with a very noticeable hazelnut cream note. Perfect in winter. I adore it
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I offered this EDP to my wife. Besides being one of the best perfumes for women, it is a sex reminder!
Get your wife a bottle ASAP.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
At first I didn't find this compelling but a year later can't get enough. If you don't like it at first, keep trying. Creamy, sweet & nutty.

by Sweetsmell75
by DuftePerla
by Lola1997
by Lola1997
by BlueValkyrie
Zur derzeitigen Krise:          Wer unter Menschen nur einen Engel sucht, der findet kaum Menschen. Wer aber unter Menschen nur Menschen sucht, der findet gewiß einen Engel. Moritz Gottlieb Saphir  (1795 - 1858), eigentlich Moses Saphir
Drei Nüsse + ein Angel im Schnee
by UnterZwang
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler