Aura 2017Eau de Parfum

Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Aura (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Rhubarb leaf, Orange blossom, Bourbon vanilla, Wolfwood, Tiger Liana

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Belarusian model Zhenya Katava.

ShaunBaker
Mugler typical scent from another star.
I just have to get rid of it, I can't help it :-)
Mugler Aura is one of the most ingenious fragrances I ever got under my nose.
Already when spraying on, Aura snakes like the green mamba into the sinuses and promises its wearer something special, so its name is not by chance!
The first time I sprayed aura on my skin, I felt like I was transported to another world...Pandora or something...
What I want to say is that when I look at Avatar, I imagine that its female inhabitants are wearing this fragrance.
Aura is so extraordinary that it is difficult for me to name individual fragrance components Even when I look at the pyramid of fragrances I am left with only a question mark, actually there could be something there, Aura is perfect in its overall composition, I think that is what the many perfumers involved wanted to achieve
Unfortunately I am alone with this euphoria, because my wife (and many other women) cannot do anything with the fragrance, and there I come again to my statement below; Aura is a fragrance that women can do less with than men, or a fragrance that you would wish for a woman if she would like it...

All right, then I want to start my objective scent impression:

Sugary-sweet, green-fruity it starts at Aura, the level has been turned to stop! (something that I miss in the meantime with the Mugler men's fragrances)
Eau de Parfum lives up to its name here.
There is always talk of chewing gum, or rather chewing gum sweetness, and yes, I don't want to deny that, He already has a strict sweetness, which I like very much, because this sweetness is not clumsy like in any drugstore fragrance, but gives the overall concept what it needs for the heart of the fragrance, otherwise the fragrance would slip through the woody into the astringency and we would quickly find ourselves in the category "unisex".

This woody note that I perceive must therefore come from the Wolfwood (whatever that may be), as well as from the Tiger Liana plant, also here only a shrug of the shoulders...
The rhubarb leaf is also an ingredient in the fragrance, which mixes with the other "fragrances" and probably contributes its part to it.
Only the orange blossom and vanilla I can identify as the creamy part in the base of the fragrance.
So this would be the end of the fragrance, because that's how it gradually fades away, sweet, woody, creamy.
But it will be several hours before that happens! As mentioned above, the durability is, compared to today's men's fragrances from the house of Mugler, unearthly! I can only say: Nothing for wallflowers or grey mice. Aura wraps you up, Aura wants to be with you and everyone who comes close to you is not spared from your green poison!

Vivien1001
Like a fairy in the forest
Well, if that's not a one-time smell, I don't know what is.
There are also only two possibilities for the fragrance: Great love or pure hate.

I think the perfume is fantastic, but definitely not suitable for every day! It is something special, where you should be there both emotionally and stylishly!

The rhubarb gives the fragrance a very fresh, woodsy note. The vanilla here is not a warm, enveloping vanilla but rather cool and "obtrusive". I would recommend a test phase of several days for everyone before buying. In my opinion this is not a fragrance that can be bought blind

Delicious rhubarb and vanilla
Tart red rhubarb and sharp green notes frame this fragrance in the top notes. As they fade, a warm and boozy bourbon vanilla takes over, punctuated here and there by the sweet, lush scent of orange blossoms. Sandalwood and tonka make up a warm, rich base note, accented with that lip-smacking vanilla note.
Save the elves!
...because this scent is most definitely elf broth. The roar of the enchanted forest is great.

"Mugler" has always been the most interesting and probably the most polarizing brand in the mainstream for me. The fragrance creations always wander somewhere between genius and madness - be it "Angel", "Alien", "Womanity" or "Aura". Each of these fragrances, along with the countless flankers that are released onto the market every year, has an extremely large fan base, but also a considerable number of people who find the respective fragrance absolutely terrible. It seems as if there are only a few neutral opinions about the fragrances - one loves or hates them.

I feel the same way. I would describe "alien" - without wanting to sound sentimental - as my first great love of scent. I was no older than 14 and probably much too young for such a fragrance, but I didn't care. Even today, 9 years later, the fragrance is still one of my favourites. I also find most flankers great. Apart from the Dupes, which were only developed to smell similar, I don't know of anything comparable. I also found "Womanity" very unique in the first test. More precisely, it was one of the worst first scent impressions I ever experienced. I absolutely must test the scent again. The memory is vague, but for me it smelled very metallic, watery, sweet and even a little fishy. I have no memory of "Angel", I have to test it. What I wanted to say is: I also had very different experiences with the "Mugler"-scents. So I was all the more excited about "Aura"
I've never held the bottle in my hand or looked at it closely before, but it looks really beautiful in pictures. It reminds me of Disney! Maleficent to be exact. Beautiful, but still not lovely. Much rather gloomy. This is exactly what I expected from the fragrance and I should not be disappointed. I have to admit - after a relatively concentrated spray on the clothes and skin, with subsequent smelling at the respective places I was quite unimpressed. The scent seemed overloaded, somehow unround and scratchy. "Shit, we're not gonna be happy." I left the living room after the test and when I came back after 5 minutes, a wonderful scent rose into my nose. Wonderfully sweet, yet somber and mystical. Then I had the idea : 2 spray blasts in the air and just once skin my hand down. Bingo! The first thought after the - second, very brave - spray on the skin was : woodruff. Although the note is not performed, it immediately came to my mind. The woodruff note is underlined by a subtle sour fruity sweetness, probably the rhubarb leaf, as well as the orange blossom. The fragrance starts with a lot of power, appears quite sweet and at the same time very green. But not herbaceous - much more like a rich and dark emerald green. The bottle fits perfectly. I myself have never been a big fan of green fragrances, as they usually come across as very unsweet. This is not my direction at all. "Aura" however surprises me. Already after a few minutes the vanilla becomes more and more apparent. I can recognize a scent only conditionally. The only thing I notice is that the vanilla becomes more and more prominent from hour to hour. The fragrance becomes more and more cuddly and cuddly with time, until after 6-7 hours only a delicate vanilla touch with a touch of woodruff remains on the skin. The sillage is not as extreme as in "Alien", but you have to be aware that even 1 spray is enough to make the other person notice that you are wearing perfume. 2-3 spray bursts and you will be enveloped by a scented aura.

I find the scent really interesting. Sprayed directly on the skin or clothes it is a little too "loud" for me personally. 2-3 sprays in the air and run through the fine mist or spray from a greater distance on the clothes - that is the perfect dose for me. A fine and enveloping mist that makes me happy. Mystical, dark and clear at the same time, sweet and very unique. I don't think that "Aura" is a fragrance that I will reach for every day. Rather a fragrance that I have to be in the mood for. A fragrance that is probably not very suitable for the 30 degrees that are currently prevailing. Nevertheless I find it very beautiful, because it really reminds me of a magic forest.

The association was confirmed by my friend, who buried his nose in my hair and then told me that in his opinion I smell like a fairy - there are worse things ;)
Angelina90
When vanilla becomes arrogant...
I've had this beautiful bottle in my collection for quite a while now but do you know when one day you suddenly smell something of this fragrance that you never noticed before? With me it was like that this week...
It was always one of the fragrances I used to love to wear, but not too often either. This week, I've fallen madly in love with him... ...because I discovered the arrogant vanilla!

The arrogant vanilla had usually hidden behind something darker. Now it couldn't bear to play these games with me anymore and finally came out! And instead of driving me away with this arrogance, she cast a spell on me!

I like to wear it on days when I feel particularly good in my body. Not on days when I'm having a Bad-Hair Day and don't know what to wear....no on days when I pull my favourite blazer by Karl Lagerfeld out of the closet and put on a red lipstick....on these days I have this special aura around me ;)

Augenweide
It's her, just her - because she is enough
AURA... oh, AURA...
will always be special to me
I wore Aura for the first time shortly after his appearance.
At the end of 2017 I had arranged to go to a movie night. A wet and cold evening, we still had a little time and went to the little perfumery around the corner.
What possessed me to spray on a d e r a r t i g e n fragrance unknown, and on top of that before a movie night, I can't say for the life of me ... he simply wanted to come to me :).
And then we went to the movie theater, my child (20) and I had a ravishing, moving, stirring, exciting and almost satisfying evening, where we laughed, cried, scared, held our hands, held our breath, jubilated, wrestled and fought and learned and looked - and everywhere I went, aura crept into my nose with its green, clear, self-confident notes,
not looking for favors, of headstrong presence and with backbone!
A backbone with clarity and heart, and without hardness. Yes, for me he radiates truthfulness, presence and sensitivity and is free of all coquetry. I appreciate that very much
I will probably associate the fragrance with this special evening for the rest of my life, as well as with the protagonist of the film and her skills:

to do what needs to be done
to live and integrate their own history
to mourn without dissolving into self-pity or hardening
to see, to understand and to stay touchable
to be yourself without a lot of fuss and staging - and to let others be as they are
And with all this, be aware of the connectedness of all that exists...

Especially when I wear AURA, I realize that I wear fragrances for ME; that my essential impulse is to emphasize, strengthen or protect certain facets of myself... In other words, the intention to achieve a certain effect on others with a fragrance is foreign to me.
Neither my scents nor my clothes make me break other people's heads and wear what I feel like, simply because I feel like it.
And since AURA, in my opinion, does not show any obvious "favouritism", this is always particularly clear to me with this fragrance.

Even without going into detail about fragrances or describing their development - which others have already been able to do with their expertise :) - i hope to give you an impression of the emotions and attitudes I think this fragrance is capable of conveying

And if necessary, I would also be willing to reveal the title of the impressive film in a personal conversation :).

PS:
The first one who guesses the title of the movie gets a nice little scented package as a present :)
(aside': "I'll have that fun!")
PPS:
There is a scene in the film in which the protagonist looks into the mirror... and here the title of this commentary is pictorially expressed... (but there are no more tips!)
Who is she really?...
This perfume is for a woman who knows her nature and has self-esteem. At first sight she is playful and open to the world. But there is a note of menthol in the aroma and this gives an aura of mystery and magic. So it is impossible to understand who She really is..
CelinaM
A fragrance like no other
Aura was love at first sight for me. This fragrance is simply something special, quite different from anything I have known before. I especially like this green/sweet combination. When I have the perfume on it I feel much more alive.
It can be done
"The mainstream fragrances all smell the same anyway," you read here again and again. The main thing is that it is suitable for the mass market.
Mugler is the brand that counteracts this most consistently. With the new fragrances (not the flankers), they have always managed to launch something innovative. And opinions are always very divided. Aura is no exception.

Mugler fragrances are also always quite loud and, one might say, intrusive. Here too, Aura remains true to the Mugler line.

Green-sweet reads quite strangely. But it's not that bad. Rhubarb leaf tickles a little bit in the nose and is immediately surrounded by vanilla. Later on orange blossom joins in, which becomes more and more popular. It looks immediately rather overloaded, because you smell everything at the same time, no transitions, no significant fragrance and base I do not perceive any. And the scents seem to be quite contradictory. One wonders how all this fits together. It's like Olympea with the salted vanilla. You really have to get used to it, because it's different from what you usually find in the mainstream sector. And it has a lot of sillage and no subtleties. You have to like that. It's extravagant and a bit pinched, which is often the case with fancy clothes. It can look great, but it's not exactly comfortable. A purchase needs to be well thought out.

I'm glad to have Aura in my collection, but it's one of those fragrances I don't want to wear that often. I must be a little brushed for ruckus. It looks extravagant, but anything but classy. It's bitchy and loud. You know Mila Le Blanc, the YouTuberess? She makes perfume videos and is quite entertaining, always top styled, curses incessantly and I'm sure she keeps her environment quite busy. I think Aura would suit her perfectly. I do not mean that in any way derogatory. I find it very refreshing from time to time, but please not every day

Proton
Assimilated alien living on earth
I can say it's a bit strange combination, but pleasant.
First it's starts with very pleasent, fresh, green grass.
I'm not sensing medicinal cough syrup.
After, takesover creamy vanilla and retro flowers combo, not at all natural smell.
Strong and long lasting, interesting fragrance.
Also marketing and bottle is awesome as usual.

CatarinaCatarina 17 months ago
I don't have a cough so I don't need to use this today. The strong menthol is very cough efective, but hardly a perfume. It's just to green.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 23 months ago
Unquestionably original. However, the rhubarb- tiger liana reckless accord is too "greenish" and almost irritating to my nose.Good longevity
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
I tried it for three times.
Final conclusion: It has a vibe of a sweeter YSL Body Kouros.
And that's my only positive finding!
CymCym 3 years ago
Sore muscle ointment/antiseptic salve + dark, bitter chicory coffee + sweet vanilla + menthol. Hints of floral and smoke. Very synthetic.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Stran
by Stran
by BlueValkyrie
~Alles, was du dir vorstellen kannst, ist real~ Pablo Picasso*****Dankeschön für eure Auszeichnungen*****
by Sunshine00
by EauMySoul
Ich muss ja sagen, ich war noch nier hier oben in der Galerie, schöne Aussicht- Danke:-)
by Pepper81
Wie heissen Sie? Eva? Herzlich wilkommen!
by Tahiti
by BlaseHase
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler