Aura 2017 Eau de Parfum

Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Aura (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Rhubarb leafRhubarb leaf
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Wolfwood
Tiger Liana

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Belarusian model Zhenya Katava.

Lerche64
Aura - my new love, not at first sight
Generally I can't do that much with the Mugler perfumes. Angel I can not stand at all, Alien sometimes when I'm up for it. The last time I bought perfume, I got a sample of Aura. Green is my favorite color, "green" fragrances I tend not to have to have though. But of course I was curious, already the green color did not let me go ... and I sprayed it on. And sat down at my desk to work. Uh... what is this? Root beer, bubble gum? Woodruff jelly? Nah, really... i went to do the dishes. That's all I thought about. The next day I'm sitting at my desk - what smells so great? I sniffed it all off like a cat and finally realized that the scent was coming from where my arms had been yesterday. What, this is Aura? I want more! I sprayed it on again, again that sweet blast of root beer, bubble gum and jello... this time I want to know how it turns out. Soon the sweet stuff was gone and the intriguing scent "from the desk" was there. Present throughout the long day, even after a half hour bath there was still a residue.... Again and again this green magic captivates me, in the meantime I bought a big bottle and I always wear it when I need cheering up. Not a fragrance for the office, it's too attention seeking for that, but on my days off or on holiday I love it! My relaxing and holiday scent, I hope it will be around for a very long time!
Jungle for the home.
Well, as many have said. You either love it or you hate it.
I'm not sure yet if I love it or hate it.

About the bottle we do not need to talk. Pretty issa! As green as he sparkles, the fragrance itself does not smell BUT he smells green.

I remember when my mother arrived with the fragrance. I smelled it, I wasn't enchanted, but you smelled interesting, not a crowdpleaser. But there was something musty in the scent and advised her against buying it.
A day later, I sipped my coffee in the living room. A delicate delicious scent drifted into my nose. Several times I asked my mother what smelled so delicious here.
- "Mom, what smells so good here, did you just put perfume on it?"
- "No"
- "Something blows up my nose here every now and then, it smells full good. Did you wash the pillows with fabric softener?"
- "Gee no!"
- "Yes you did, you must have sprayed it with something"
- "No, but maybe that's yesterday's fragrance strip"

Mh, I smelled the scent strip again. It was easily five feet away from me. It was not what came to my nose, I immediately smell the musty again. Lay the strip next to me, again a delicate scent. It smelled green and clean, a little sweet.
Indeed that is Aura.

Full of euphoria, my mother had gotten but the fragrance. I tried diligently the fragrance. Something musty and stale has the fragrance. Easily like a confessed puddle. But somehow it also smells good, like jungle. Musty, fresh jungle. But I like it. Something about it I like, but something about it I don't. Every time anew I find it interesting.
My environment does not like the fragrance. For me it is not a fragrance for every day also no office fragrance.

I wear this fragrance only, really ONLY when it is hot and humid outside. Preferably after a summer rain. Along with the tropical warm air, this scent melts. Exactly there he stands out best and emphasizes the scent of the plants.

Exactly then I have my jungle for home
Ellisparfums
Mugler - you love it or you hate it....
...there's not much in between, in my experience.

I belong to the first group, thank God. Whether Angel, Alien or Aura in (almost) all forms and variations: I love them.

Last year in Prague, I am felt 50 times around the fragrance ticked - and each time I did not really like it at the first spraying on. Too sweet, too "woody", too synthetic.

So love at first sniff it definitely wasn't - but as the day went on, I was haunted by a sweet, vanilla yet multi-faceted scent. For a long time I did not get what smells so good now: until I had overrissen that this is my wrist.

Once the scent develops, I smell a vanilla, mysterious forest - inviting yet distant, if that makes sense. It smells warm, it's loud, yet not overbearing. And I can smell it on myself all day - something I really only have with Mugler perfumes.

Also, I mean to smell woodruff. Maybe off-putting to some - I love it. Maybe anyone remembers those ice cream cones you had to freeze. I was never allowed to have them as a child. There was also woodruff - every time I wear the perfume, it reminds me of it.

A blind purchase I would not dare in this case - I've also had to smell several times to buy it. I regretted it but definitely not
South Sea cruise of the shipping company Trash & Edel
My first Mugler - it's also the only one I can get anything out of. That much in advance. Not entirely innocent in my blind purchase of a BIG bottle are the great comments here, and the really appealing marketing that instantly wants to whisk us/me away to exotic and mystical jungle worlds. The gorgeous bottle (ok, I didn't need the silver plastic cap) does the rest. But since I wanted to approach the fragrance completely uninfluenced, I deleted all the images in my head to it, and sprayed him on.

This, then, the verbildlichte quintessence of this fragrance, as I perceive him:

A party boat, indiscreetly also called "Loveboat", sailing through the South Seas. On board the wild party people, in search of life and love. The air vibrates, everyone is in motion, celebrating, dancing with little clothing in the tropical setting. They drink a mix of Bols Green Banana and Liqueur43 - the signature drink on this South Seas liner from Trash & Edel. And then Achim Reichel's party banger Aloha eh ja Aloha eh was put on. Latest at:

In the boats were men and women
Their bodies shone in the sun
And they sang a song
That seemed strangely familiar
But I've never heard it like that before Uhh, I never heard it like that
Aloha heja he
Did everybody sing along... and then yeah, the party was on...;)

After a terrific hot and humid party night, the last party goers grab some woodruff jelly with proper vanilla sauce from the leftovers of the party buffet.

So much for my ambitious daydream about it! :)

Now to briefly summarize:
Aura is not a natural, mystical beauty - it's an artificial scent, loud and garish like a party night at a club. It's green-vanilla-fruity. I smell green banana, vanilla, and vanilla flower with green. But it's good, it's the plump, debauched life - and that's exactly the kind of occasion I'll wear it to. It fills me instantly with life and highlife spirit. It has a decent silage, and a longevity of 8-9 hours - so what for all-nighters. It leaves with a bit of woodruff and a whole lot of vanilla. Dosed with care, he is quite to wear in everyday life, to bring the vibration of fun and party also in the current dreariness.
I like this fragrance with its niche mainstream and the Trashmysterium.
Enchanting
Like a walk through the deepest rainforest, surrounded by ferns. Enchanting bottle ( somehow I have to think of Zelda with the bottles of Aura... )
Initially green. Very green. Then wonderfully creamy and vanilla lingers for a very long time (I can still smell it 24 hours later)
For me a dream of a fragrance, but not suitable for every day
Tradescantia
Creativity 1A - Undefinable - Good or not?
This fragrance splits my olfactory experience.

I was several times close to buying it, probably also because I found the marketing cool, the woman in the campaign could have sprung from an online role-playing game or a fantasy film. Somehow something new, which is so rare in the world of fragrances. It does not address the lady, nor a mademoiselle, nor the romantically inclined delicate girl and yet this perfume has a playful aura. I have to think directly of Poison Ivy, an attractive comic book character and also the poison ivy that bears the name. However, you shouldn't take these thoughts too seriously. This fragrance does not take itself super seriously, at least that's my impression.
Best suited for celebrating, alone this fierce sweetness would probably be too much for me every day. It is probably too much for me even when celebrating, but for that Aura could have been created.
To have fun, to switch off, to dream. Probably everyone feels young again when smelling it, it has something very synthetic. As a young person you usually find it less disturbing, at least I suspect.
The synthetic is made interesting here, everything seems really tightly woven together in a thick cloud. Not so innocuous and simple at all. At second glance even complex, because you smell a novel green-sweet mist.
You can't even detect individual notes, apart from vanilla. Possibly still the orange note, but only with a lot of imagination. Somehow it's a creative1A chemical cocktail. Polarizing. The green here is slightly medicinal. Undefinable, but definitely green, kind of lush green. I can't describe it any better than that. Possibly the undefinable green is also a bit pungent on the nose at first. Something this strange could also be a niche scent. I want to express in this comment no devaluation at all.

I think the fragrance is bold in the best sense. He is modern and also original. You can not accuse Mugler that his latest (?) fragrance is lost in the mishmash.

What has really kept me right from buying?

Well, the eye eats with. The idea behind the bottle I find totally great. Unfortunately, I find the processing with the silver plastic really horrible. Such a bright design, beautiful dark green glass and then this plastic. It may be a detail, but I can't get over it. I would rather pay more and see better material. The idea of releasing a heart as a bottle is not entirely new, compare Diesel Loverdose. Here the heart somehow seems a bit more organic and in the campaign it glows fancy.

My split opinion remains. Somehow I had so much fun testing it, but there are definitely more harmonious and better balanced fragrances than this one. Still, it has its own appeal; naturalistic and subtle is probably never what it was going for. Well, if I had to put him in a drawer, I would call this "pop surrealism".

Have fun testing.

Maybe I'll eventually get over myself to buy it after all. Who knows.

ShaunBaker
Mugler typical scent from another star.
I just have to get rid of it, I can't help it :-)
Mugler Aura is one of the most ingenious fragrances I ever got under my nose.
Already when spraying on, Aura snakes like the green mamba into the sinuses and promises its wearer something special, so its name is not by chance!
The first time I sprayed aura on my skin, I felt like I was transported to another world...Pandora or something...
What I want to say is that when I look at Avatar, I imagine that its female inhabitants are wearing this fragrance.
Aura is so extraordinary that it is difficult for me to name individual fragrance components Even when I look at the pyramid of fragrances I am left with only a question mark, actually there could be something there, Aura is perfect in its overall composition, I think that is what the many perfumers involved wanted to achieve
Unfortunately I am alone with this euphoria, because my wife (and many other women) cannot do anything with the fragrance, and there I come again to my statement below; Aura is a fragrance that women can do less with than men, or a fragrance that you would wish for a woman if she would like it...

All right, then I want to start my objective scent impression:

Sugary-sweet, green-fruity it starts at Aura, the level has been turned to stop! (something that I miss in the meantime with the Mugler men's fragrances)
Eau de Parfum lives up to its name here.
There is always talk of chewing gum, or rather chewing gum sweetness, and yes, I don't want to deny that, He already has a strict sweetness, which I like very much, because this sweetness is not clumsy like in any drugstore fragrance, but gives the overall concept what it needs for the heart of the fragrance, otherwise the fragrance would slip through the woody into the astringency and we would quickly find ourselves in the category "unisex".

This woody note that I perceive must therefore come from the Wolfwood (whatever that may be), as well as from the Tiger Liana plant, also here only a shrug of the shoulders...
The rhubarb leaf is also an ingredient in the fragrance, which mixes with the other "fragrances" and probably contributes its part to it.
Only the orange blossom and vanilla I can identify as the creamy part in the base of the fragrance.
So this would be the end of the fragrance, because that's how it gradually fades away, sweet, woody, creamy.
But it will be several hours before that happens! As mentioned above, the durability is, compared to today's men's fragrances from the house of Mugler, unearthly! I can only say: Nothing for wallflowers or grey mice. Aura wraps you up, Aura wants to be with you and everyone who comes close to you is not spared from your green poison!

Vivien1001
Like a fairy in the forest
Well, if that's not a one-time smell, I don't know what is.
There are also only two possibilities for the fragrance: Great love or pure hate.

I think the perfume is fantastic, but definitely not suitable for every day! It is something special, where you should be there both emotionally and stylishly!

The rhubarb gives the fragrance a very fresh, woodsy note. The vanilla here is not a warm, enveloping vanilla but rather cool and "obtrusive". I would recommend a test phase of several days for everyone before buying. In my opinion this is not a fragrance that can be bought blind

Delicious rhubarb and vanilla
Tart red rhubarb and sharp green notes frame this fragrance in the top notes. As they fade, a warm and boozy bourbon vanilla takes over, punctuated here and there by the sweet, lush scent of orange blossoms. Sandalwood and tonka make up a warm, rich base note, accented with that lip-smacking vanilla note.
Save the elves!
...because this scent is most definitely elf broth. The roar of the enchanted forest is great.

"Mugler" has always been the most interesting and probably the most polarizing brand in the mainstream for me. The fragrance creations always wander somewhere between genius and madness - be it "Angel", "Alien", "Womanity" or "Aura". Each of these fragrances, along with the countless flankers that are released onto the market every year, has an extremely large fan base, but also a considerable number of people who find the respective fragrance absolutely terrible. It seems as if there are only a few neutral opinions about the fragrances - one loves or hates them.

I feel the same way. I would describe "alien" - without wanting to sound sentimental - as my first great love of scent. I was no older than 14 and probably much too young for such a fragrance, but I didn't care. Even today, 9 years later, the fragrance is still one of my favourites. I also find most flankers great. Apart from the Dupes, which were only developed to smell similar, I don't know of anything comparable. I also found "Womanity" very unique in the first test. More precisely, it was one of the worst first scent impressions I ever experienced. I absolutely must test the scent again. The memory is vague, but for me it smelled very metallic, watery, sweet and even a little fishy. I have no memory of "Angel", I have to test it. What I wanted to say is: I also had very different experiences with the "Mugler"-scents. So I was all the more excited about "Aura"
I've never held the bottle in my hand or looked at it closely before, but it looks really beautiful in pictures. It reminds me of Disney! Maleficent to be exact. Beautiful, but still not lovely. Much rather gloomy. This is exactly what I expected from the fragrance and I should not be disappointed. I have to admit - after a relatively concentrated spray on the clothes and skin, with subsequent smelling at the respective places I was quite unimpressed. The scent seemed overloaded, somehow unround and scratchy. "Shit, we're not gonna be happy." I left the living room after the test and when I came back after 5 minutes, a wonderful scent rose into my nose. Wonderfully sweet, yet somber and mystical. Then I had the idea : 2 spray blasts in the air and just once skin my hand down. Bingo! The first thought after the - second, very brave - spray on the skin was : woodruff. Although the note is not performed, it immediately came to my mind. The woodruff note is underlined by a subtle sour fruity sweetness, probably the rhubarb leaf, as well as the orange blossom. The fragrance starts with a lot of power, appears quite sweet and at the same time very green. But not herbaceous - much more like a rich and dark emerald green. The bottle fits perfectly. I myself have never been a big fan of green fragrances, as they usually come across as very unsweet. This is not my direction at all. "Aura" however surprises me. Already after a few minutes the vanilla becomes more and more apparent. I can recognize a scent only conditionally. The only thing I notice is that the vanilla becomes more and more prominent from hour to hour. The fragrance becomes more and more cuddly and cuddly with time, until after 6-7 hours only a delicate vanilla touch with a touch of woodruff remains on the skin. The sillage is not as extreme as in "Alien", but you have to be aware that even 1 spray is enough to make the other person notice that you are wearing perfume. 2-3 spray bursts and you will be enveloped by a scented aura.

I find the scent really interesting. Sprayed directly on the skin or clothes it is a little too "loud" for me personally. 2-3 sprays in the air and run through the fine mist or spray from a greater distance on the clothes - that is the perfect dose for me. A fine and enveloping mist that makes me happy. Mystical, dark and clear at the same time, sweet and very unique. I don't think that "Aura" is a fragrance that I will reach for every day. Rather a fragrance that I have to be in the mood for. A fragrance that is probably not very suitable for the 30 degrees that are currently prevailing. Nevertheless I find it very beautiful, because it really reminds me of a magic forest.

The association was confirmed by my friend, who buried his nose in my hair and then told me that in his opinion I smell like a fairy - there are worse things ;)

CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
I don't have a cough so I don't need to use this today. The strong menthol is very cough efective, but hardly a perfume. It's just to green.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Unquestionably original. However, the rhubarb- tiger liana reckless accord is too "greenish" and almost irritating to my nose.Good longevity
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
I tried it for three times.
Final conclusion: It has a vibe of a sweeter YSL Body Kouros.
And that's my only positive finding!
CymCym 4 years ago
Sore muscle ointment/antiseptic salve + dark, bitter chicory coffee + sweet vanilla + menthol. Hints of floral and smoke. Very synthetic.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Timmama
by Timmama
~Alles, was du dir vorstellen kannst, ist real~ Pablo Picasso*****Dankeschön für eure Auszeichnungen*****
by Sunshine00
by Sonnenwind
by Sonnenwind
by EauMySoul
Ich muss ja sagen, ich war noch nier hier oben in der Galerie, schöne Aussicht- Danke:-)
by Pepper81
Wie heissen Sie? Eva? Herzlich wilkommen!
by FrauLohse
by BlaseHase
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler