Eau de Star 2007

Eau de Star by Mugler
Bottle Design Jean Jacques Urcun
Eau de Star is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Louise Turner

PatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.02.2022.

For stargazers
Today in fog and pouring rain on to my fragrance dealer to the flea market.

The course had some gaps, because the weather was too inhospitable for many traders.

Not so my brave "scented uncle". And he can also rely on his regular customers - which is what I count myself as well.

The man actually has a pretty good overview of the fragrances I already have - and he also knows my taste.
He must have a mind like a city hall.

And so he presents me with Eau de Star - which I actually don't know yet.
Oh - an eau !

But after the spraying stillmas escapes me an Oh ! because I had expected a light fragrance.

This fragrance is full like a starry sky sprinkled with stars that is occasionally flown through by a shooting star.
Make a quick wish !
And I wish for that sparkling smell from orbit.

Vanilla and patch go hand in hand, surrounded by a fine aniseed note.
A night walk under the star dome - somehow romantic and somehow melancholic.

I think of all my loved ones who have become stars - and greet them softly.
And I rejoice in their eternal sparkle

Mermaid Angel
I didn't have a very high expectation to Eau de Star as the list of notes doesn't seem to be that promising. Like many have pointed out, it opens like Angel washed by sea water. The chocolate vibe from the original is brought away by waves. What's left is sharp, raw, loud patchouli soaked in salty water.

Then I get some whiffs of watermelon. And to my delightful surprise, it smells very close to real juicy watermelons, just like those we eat in summer. At the same time, the sharp patchouli quickly mellows, and completely disappears after 2 hours. The whole scent now turns from green-aquatic to a creamy salted honey-vanilla. The salty aspect makes it smell almost like salted caramel or popcorn, but in an elaborated way like, for exemple, Prada Candy. Watermelon is still detectable, and pops out here and there. I never thought of combining dewy watermelon with creamy honey and vanilla. It's still wierd, but in a bizarre harmony, like Minor accord in music.

The sillage is good, I get whiffs from time to time without suffocating. The longevity is at least 7 hours. To me, it's a fragrance with unusual combination and it works well. After wearing it for several hours, I honestly think it is quite remote to Angel though it might have got some inspiration from it. Eau de Star is warm to my nose, but with unmistakable summery aura. Definitely worth at least a try.

Peppery summer!!
SUPERB summery perfume, another unique creation of Mugler house. Genius mixture of patcoulli, watery and sweet notes which last long. It will not suffocate you like Angel but it will up-lift you with this peppery wonder. I love this unique feeling which will accompany you the whole day. The bottle is lovely too. Good Job!!

Salty, Yeasty, Bread Dough--Unique!
My first reaction upon applying EAU DE STAR, was: "Wow, the drydown of ANGEL without the agony of the opening!"

A few seconds later, I began to perceive something slightly different: an expanding blob of warm yeast bread dough. It is somewhat salty, as other reviewers have remarked, but I find EAU DE STAR to be a very good facsimile of warm, yeasty bread dough in the process of rising.

The patchouli and vanilla produce the yeasty dough, but something else imparts a salty character. The only question that remains is: do I want to smell like rising bread dough? Hmmm...

EAU DE STAR is definitely a comfort scent, but you must love patchouli and bread to be able to wear this creation. It's not at all cloying or nauseating or anything negative. But it is what it is: warm rising bread dough, filled with air ready to be punched down. And this blob will rise again: excellent longevity and sillage!

Definitely distinctive...

by Retrokitten
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler