Ice*Men 2007

Ice*Men by Mugler
Bottle Design Jean Jacques Urcun
Ice*Men is a perfume by Mugler for men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jacques Huclier

Woods, Musk, Nutmeg, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.04.2021.

My very first love
This fragrance was my entry into the world of fragrances - and what a one!
This fresh spicy scent is still in my olfactory memory, just wonderful :-)

Wore it very gladly, for me it was even all-weather-suitable!

#memories

Fresh-Dense-Patchouli!
I absolutely love the house of Mugler, and I have a few fragrances from this house in my collection already. Ice Men doesn’t disappoint, and I loved this fragrance at first blush for many reasons. It’s dense, yet is soft and fresh enough to introduce to your mother (ha ha ha), and the fragrance doesn’t disappoint when it comes to longevity.

I like the *A Men series because of the base of patchouli and Ice Men has this in spades. Don’t let the light blue bottle fool you into thinking this is a push-over fragrance. Ice Men screams “Hi honey I’m home!”, after the first spray. I really enjoy the spiciness in this fragrance too; all on a bed of woods and musk.

I’m pleased to add Ice Men to my collection. This fragrance is a 9 / 10 for this guy. I highly recommend you pick up a bottle for yourself!

Fresh musky patchouli
Ice Men is a really decent, almost nice sort of “fresh” and heavily synthetic patchouli with a dusty amber-musk base, quite similar to the ultra-cheap Patchouly Leaves by Monotheme – just with a bit more weight and richness (but less discreet class and brightness). It is a fun take on patchouli, which smells basically emptied from any “dark” earthiness and sweetness, while its leafy-dusty side gets enhanced in a peculiar sort of “cold-metallic” blend. Both musk and a sort of greenish “bamboo” note similar to the one in O pour Homme by Lancome help in rounding this breezy, half-exotic half-industrial ambiance. It may seem something “creative” but for me isn’t anything special, as if you view it from another point of view it smells basically just like a really cheap and plastic patchouli with some musky greenness underneath. Loud and extremely linear as many other Mugler’s fragrances. Still I wouldn’t say it is a bad scent, if you’re into patchouli and you want to smell some different take on it, here you go.

6-6,5/10

Hmmm why Ice men ?
I don't get the name to be honest .. But the scent is a STRONG musky patchouli fragrance ! But it's nice, I got it for Christmas but I'm only 15 and I must say you really would have to be at least 30 to pull this off :/

Fresh? Maybe not...
I did not like the way that patchouli is done on this one.

That'a synthetic and herbal smell touched by hints of mint that did not work for summer actually.

If you're looking for something fresh, there are other options.

Updated January 2014

A little bland for Thierry Mugler
Ice*Men is surprisingly Thierry Mugler's most masculine offering, having barely any similarities in reagrds to the rich, chocolatey A*Men and the spicy caramel B*Men. In fact, Ice*Men has taken a big leap away from the gourmands, and has established itself as quite a fresh aromatic fragrance.

All Thierry Mugler creations usually suit my skin type, however Ice*Men is something I'll be saving for a male friend of mine. This fragrance is masculine, far too masculine for me to get away with wearing it. It actually reminds me very much of one of my favourite masculine fragrances, the classic Davidoff's Cool Water.

There is no doubt Ice*Men is refreshing, however I can't say that I find it particularly icy or cool. It feels like your typical, masculine aquatic; watery, crisp, an essential Summer scent. When I smell Ice*Men I think of a day on the beach, not a refrigerator or an ice cold drink.

The sillage wasn't as light as I expected it to be either, and it proved to be just as lasting and strong as other Thierry Mugler creations. I personally prefer the unisex Mugler Cologne for refreshing spritzes during the hot weather, however I can definitely see this fragrance working well on a man's skin.

Anup
Angel men looks good in a speedo
This is extraordinary.
Look out everyone, A*men has taken his suit and tie off, and is taking a swim in his pool after mowing the lawn and clipping the hedges!
It astonishes me how Jaques was able to keep a firm grip onto the base notes of the original, and still manage to create something green and fresh!

The top:
Read with confidence, there is without a DOUBT a menthol aroma chemical in here. Along with a very pungent nutty earthy nutmeg. The first blast of this bad-boy is very cold and dry.

The middle:
To me the middle is dominated by a moist rose smell. As if there is a singular rose bush in the middle of a humid urban area, being drenched by dirty thunderstorm rain, along with just a touch of cinnamon spice.

The base:
I get A*men's signature base here, nothing much to be mentioned, if you've smelled it you know exactly what i'm talking about. Along with some very harsh cilantro and basil notes, acting like bad kids, acting arrogant to grab your attention!

This is an excellent summer execution of a strictly fall/winter scent

First snow...
by VanAllan
In a cold wintertime evening, a warm ice man soul lightens the grey snow...
by VanAllan
by Nw1990
by Miaw2
by Miaw2

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler