Alien - Le Goût du Parfum 2011

Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler
Alien - Le Goût du Parfum is a popular limited perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesFudge, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesCashmeran, Solar note
Base Notes Base NotesWhite amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.06.2020.

StellaDiverF
Alien through a caramel veil
I had similar experiences while testing the Taste of Fragrance Angel and Alien. When Alien hits the skin, I get a whiff of caramel. However, when I sniff my wrist, caramel has already disappeared and what left is the original Alien base. So that's it? That's all?

I was wrong once again.

That said, it's still very difficult to pick up a distinctive caramel note. However, leave it develop, I can definitely smell something salty and sweet envelopping the still recognizable Alien base. I totally agree that caramel here improves the texture more than just being another note added. I feel that in the original version, each note is distinctive, while in ToF, thanks to the caramel, they become mellow and more inviting.

If I'm to compare the original Alien, ToF and Essence Absolue, I'd say ToF is like seeing Alien through a caramel veil. It's the same structure, but with different colour. EA to my nose, is the sweetest among the three and there's a change in the structure.

If you're drawn towards ToF thinking of Alien + a distinctive caramel note, I'm afraid this won't be the case, though after 10 hours the caramel seems to be more prominent compared to jasmin and amber. However, if you're looking for a less fierce Alien, it might live up to your expectation. The sillage is good and the longevity is more than 12h. Quality wise nothing bad to report.

Originally written in 2013

Simply impressive
Saline caramel. Alien le Goût du Parfum is about bone and flesh, crisp and sweet, burning, sharp floral, supernatural delicious, savory stingy woodsy and insisting in presence. If I love Alien the original, how couldn't I adore this one! For me it's much higher than Alien. Notice for those who say Thierry Mugler is only making flankers with distinct character! Sharpen your noses!
Alien le Goût du Parfum is about coumarin and vanilla which is Alien's blood, plus werido gourmand vibes charged by musky salty caramel. The jasmine accord is so strange. It's is half way indolic but quite smoldering.
9/10

Rather delicious
The Taste of Fragrance Alien features salty, buttery caramel in all its glory. It's one of those pleasant and wearable gourmands, so no need to run and hide in fear of being involved in a food fight. Actually, I quite like the concept behind this flanker series.

There are still aspects of this fragrance that are very Alien-ish, obviously with an added sugary sweetness. The composition is in turn a lot richer and less floral. I think I prefer this flanker over the original to be honest. It sits on my skin a lot better, and wears incredibly well in the cooler seasons.

Initially I found The Taste of Fragrance Alien very difficult to fault. It opened beautifully with smooth, buttery caramel, sweet jasmine and a hint of musky vanilla. The blend successfully makes me feel hungry, and also strangely sexy, which brings a new sensation into the mix. I loved how The Candy Perfume Boy put it on his blog, "The use of caramel isn’t just a note here, it’s used as a texture". For the first two hours of wear, I was absolutely loving this.

The drydown is less biting than the opening, settling into a warm, musky vanilla which is unfortunately somewhat lacking in projection. Good news for those that like their fragrances soft, bad news for those that don't.

Seeming that the original Alien didn't work for me, I consider The Taste of Fragrance Alien a step up, essentially new and improved. Had this fragrance lasted just that little bit longer, the rating I would have given this fragrance would be off the chart. Unfortunately it makes me hesitate in buying a bottle, and that's never a good sign.

At least the scent matched my expectations, in fact it may have exceeded it. This is one Alien flanker that should be more than a limited edition.

An "edible" Alien
I do find the original Alien beautiful, but I do not like to wear it. I bought this because of the many reviews promising a delicious caramel note. Well, I never really smelled it; instead, I smelled buttery Alien on my skin. Sillage and longevity were amazing, about 8 hours; but I was hoping for more.

Alien Liqueur de Parfum redux
Alien Le Gout du Parfum ( Alien the Taste of Fragrance) looks and smells almost identical to the 2009 Alien flanker, Alien Liqueur de Parfum, a smoother and IMO superior version of the original Alien. I do notice with this one though, in the initial spray, a bit of an unpleasant lighter fluid type smell. Maybe this is the "sun note," a note which, given the name, has got to be artificial. This note does dissipate fairly quickly, leaving a wonderful drydown virtually indistinguishable from Alien Liqueur (well maybe just the slightest bit sweeter).

Already owning Alien Liqueur, I see no reason to also have Le Gout in my collection. Still, a great smelling perfume.

by beneo
by Gwiazdka72
by Odinia
by Odinia

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler