Les Exceptions - Over The Musk 2014

Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler
Les Exceptions - Over The Musk is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Ambrette seedAmbrette seed

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.02.2022.

Best White Musk
I am absolutely in love with this scent. I bought a backup bottle of it. The best white Musk scent on the market hands down. The ambrette seeds and Musk mallow give this a personality of its own. I own Milk Musk from Molton Brown in EDP and EDT. This smells nothing like them. I have a sealed back up bottle of it because I love it so much.
5/5 for me no doubt
Signature Lovestory
Creamy and slightly spicy, possibly minimally sweetish it smells for me, rather feminine but not consistently. Although he seems powdery, he is still very subtle and not oppressive. I don't necessarily detect floral notes, but I don't find it lacking either. What's a mystery to me is that the scent seems wonderfully clean to me - but without any synthetics. Over The Musk is the epitome of my idea of Skin Scents.

Also, sometimes it helps to know what a scent isn't. And this one is by no means dark and mysterious, opulent, wicked or sexy. But attractive, elegant and bright.

In addition, its staying power is enormous: contrary to other fragrances, it literally sticks to surfaces. After washing, one perceives the scent on textiles still good. Even after the shower, he still likes to lie on the skin. Unfortunately, this remains hidden from most people - because what this fantastic fragrance brings as a disadvantage is that it does not have a bombastic radiance after spraying. Of course, subtlety is elegant. But still.

The good news for the most elegant and gorgeous (musky) scent I've ever smelled: I want it as a signature. The bad news: an employee from the local drugstore of my confidence made me aware that there is probably for the time being in Germany no longer to acquire the fragrance. The other good news: I had written to the Mugler Costumer Service before and asked if the Les Exceptions range could be refilled somewhere. Here's an excerpt from the return email: "(...) The good news is: there will soon be a refillable variant. This you can then at Douglas or eg Müller refill.".

In any case, I will keep the bottle (in which, by the way, everything permanently rattles and wobbles, at the price already disappointing) in honor. ?
Time travel
"Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, oh won't you please take me home, yeah yeah" The girls sing at the top of their lungs and make their hair fly. It's Saturday. They're enjoying a piccolo on the bench by the dirt road, as they often do on weekends. In the evening they want to go to the local disco together. On Guns n'Roses, however, only one of the two is standing. The other one likes to be a little less wild and without distorted guitars.

Bam! There they are, the pictures. With full force. I'm 16 years old and I see my younger self so clearly in front of me. I see the faces of my friends from back then on our disco evenings together. My first wild parties. And it's Over the Musk by Mugler. I've had many fragrances under my nose that reminded me of my once beloved Extase Musk for Women, but this one is as unbelievably close as no other.

Mugler is not my favorite brand. My mother discovered her love for Angel at some point and used to dose him heavily. All the other fragrances of this brand have not been able to reach me since. There was always too much humming for my nose and somehow I always had to think of Angel.

This Over the Musk is quite different. No flowers, no patchouli, no gourmet notes. Not Mugler-like at all. Gentle, yet not quite so quiet. This scent is said to contain only ambrette seed. To me it smells like soft musk, almost peachy, a sweet, dark amber and maybe some sandalwood. The first quarter of an hour I can't get out of dreaming and I am - plop - 16 years old again, put on my band shirt, my Levis 501, my Chucks and treat myself to 2-3 sprayers of Extase Musk Women
For about 15 to 20 minutes. Unfortunately. And then the scent gets darker, but very masculine. Suddenly I feel like I'm wearing the men's version, which wasn't even that unlike the woman. Funnily enough, that only happens when I wear it. On the cosmetic tissue, it stays even more elfinly divine for a longer time, like the eternally young, 16-year-old girl.

If you read the statements in this way, then fortunately he does not do this with every wearer. So be sure to test this treasure. Especially if, like me, you loved his twin from Muelhens when you were young. Over the Musk is of course a bit more reserved and less persistent than his eighties counterpart from the drugstore. But it is also wearable all year round. And again I'm annoyed that I wasn't allowed to go to the open air concert of Guns n'Roses, Mist!

Many thanks to the dear Madame Legras for the rehearsal. The pictures in my head are just so wonderful! Unfortunately, the scent on my skin is a little bit bitchy.

NorthdavisNorthdavis 5 months ago
5/5 for me no doubt

..... Vintage / maskulin .....
by IrisNobile
by Raluroe
by Bowser
by Bowser

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler