Les Exceptions - Over The Musk 2014

Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler
Les Exceptions - Over The Musk is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Ambrette seed

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.09.2020.

Time travel
"Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, oh won't you please take me home, yeah yeah" The girls sing at the top of their lungs and make their hair fly. It's Saturday. They're enjoying a piccolo on the bench by the dirt road, as they often do on weekends. In the evening they want to go to the local disco together. On Guns n'Roses, however, only one of the two is standing. The other one likes to be a little less wild and without distorted guitars.

Bam! There they are, the pictures. With full force. I'm 16 years old and I see my younger self so clearly in front of me. I see the faces of my friends from back then on our disco evenings together. My first wild parties. And it's Over the Musk by Mugler. I've had many fragrances under my nose that reminded me of my once beloved Extase Musk for Women, but this one is as unbelievably close as no other.

Mugler is not my favorite brand. My mother discovered her love for Angel at some point and used to dose him heavily. All the other fragrances of this brand have not been able to reach me since. There was always too much humming for my nose and somehow I always had to think of Angel.

This Over the Musk is quite different. No flowers, no patchouli, no gourmet notes. Not Mugler-like at all. Gentle, yet not quite so quiet. This scent is said to contain only ambrette seed. To me it smells like soft musk, almost peachy, a sweet, dark amber and maybe some sandalwood. The first quarter of an hour I can't get out of dreaming and I am - plop - 16 years old again, put on my band shirt, my Levis 501, my Chucks and treat myself to 2-3 sprayers of Extase Musk Women
For about 15 to 20 minutes. Unfortunately. And then the scent gets darker, but very masculine. Suddenly I feel like I'm wearing the men's version, which wasn't even that unlike the woman. Funnily enough, that only happens when I wear it. On the cosmetic tissue, it stays even more elfinly divine for a longer time, like the eternally young, 16-year-old girl.

If you read the statements in this way, then fortunately he does not do this with every wearer. So be sure to test this treasure. Especially if, like me, you loved his twin from Muelhens when you were young. Over the Musk is of course a bit more reserved and less persistent than his eighties counterpart from the drugstore. But it is also wearable all year round. And again I'm annoyed that I wasn't allowed to go to the open air concert of Guns n'Roses, Mist!

Many thanks to the dear Madame Legras for the rehearsal. The pictures in my head are just so wonderful! Unfortunately, the scent on my skin is a little bit bitchy.

..... Vintage / maskulin .....
by IrisNobile
by Raluroe
by Bowser
by Bowser

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Les Exceptions - Cuir Impertinent by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler