Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés 2012

Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler
Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Clarins. Pronunciation

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom CorianderCoriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Orange blossomOrange blossom SuedeSuede
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber OudOud

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.05.2022.

Mirror Majesties. A floral amber bomb

Mugler, the father of gourmand perfumes, the zero point of a trend that has grown exponential until today, becoming a fashion in the world of perfumery, wanted to prove that he knows how to cast spells with flowers, creating Miroir des Majestés, an amber and opulent floral perfume.

It is part of a limited collection whose theme is the mirror, inside the box there is a four-sided mirror. At the same time, the bottle is a piece of art, the cap resembling the handle of a sword and the blade is embedded on the face of the glass. The drawings on the bottle come to complete the royal image that the perfume wants to present.

It is a rich combination of white flowers mixed with amber, oud and cardamom in the opening. An amber oriental-floral scent, sweet with a deep base. Mugler managed here to create a luxurious perfume with performances typical of Arabian fragrances. Strong sillage and projection in the first two hours and long persistence on the skin. After a few hours, the perfume retreats to the skin, remains ambery but you will still manages to feel it around you. The fragrance is feminine but given its oriental notes and spicy ingredients it can be pull of by a man.

It is a autumn - winter scent, warm, capricious, it makes you feel comfortable, as if you are wearing a vibrant and thick coat.

Mugler Miroir des Majestés wants to mirror the mantle of a queen, silky, colorful and imposing. It succeeds this image, offering the wearer an excellent olfactory experience, the perfume managing to give birth to an oriental perfume with the classic DNA of the Mugler house.

days of the future past
Thierry Mugler has left a permanent mark in both,the couture and the perfume industry. Idiosyncratically sumptuous aesthetics, bitch-fatale attitude, eye catching fashion narrative. The same boldness in their backbone, with elements of elegance, opulence and campiness are omnipresent in his mygler circle fragrance universe.
Almost all his perfumes are ultra successful in sales and the way they influenced pop culture/ fragrance world upon their release and specifically because of this , they have created a mass appealing effect which i find reductive...
In 2008, the Miroir-Miroir collection was introduced as a second attempt of a more artistic, aimed towards clients maybe of a more acquired taste profile.4 years later Moiroir des Majestes made its debut. The kitch/ plasticie mirror-oid box fells like a bad joke...Then the bottle is the exact opposite with it's vectoral design, its Guerlainesque calligraphy containing a dark ambery liquid.
This is a perfume of great importance to the house. First of all, it doesn't fill like a Mugler creation. It is more elevated than everything I've tested from the entire Mugler universe, thous far.I ve been wearing this almost all week, everyday and I ve know it since I started using it, which is 2020, 12 years after its release.
It has a very harsh, but bearable and i have to admit very likable opening.It is also a bit disorientating because of a very pronounced retro vibe it exudes, grabbing and throwing you back in time...like a tamed younger sister of the Elizabeth Taylor's perfume collection...During the first 5 minutes i get a tremendous dose of labdanum (the amber accord from the base) that quickly rests into the back.Then the next couple of hours an indolic a tango between the prominent bright orange blossom and the supporting green jasmine is all that happens, but it is so privately narcotic. Then it all turns into amber, a resinous myrrh like amber.
It is a lovely, long lasting with medium sillage. A show-stopper for the wearer, an intimate show that is not intended for an audience....
I cannot forget to mention that in the beginning it conjured diabolical fractions of La Couche du Diable SL
Profuma
A mirror and its reflection
Finest needlesticks in my nose indicate the spices. Somewhat harsh and masculine in impact but nevertheless or just because of that(?) very fine and noble. Almost ethereally oily, the first Dunste tickle my nose and arouse my curiosity. Minutes later I have the impression that these spices are whitewashed into a fine honey or that the honey is poured over them. At once, the tangy masculine note withdraws from the beginning, but never completely disappears. A few blows of the lashes later, the notes of jasmine and orange are clearly perceptible and very much in tune with the previous components. Leather and amber wrap everything in soft, sensual and almost cuddly dresses. So if you like to be patient, put the notes in the air around you and let them vibrate in it, then the tester will be able to enjoy a truly royal fragrance!
I look through the mirror - le Miroir - and it's framed in gold. The surface is flawless, not fogged up, no cracks in the glass, simply smooth and perfect. But the mirror does not show my face, even who stands behind me, it does not show. When I touch its surface, it begins to swim. From the point of contact, water circles draw their orbits to the frame, seeming to fade away in it. This mirror seems strange and false, but nevertheless I feel the urge to put my face on it as well as my hand. A few more fingers through the waves just to be sure. No harm done. Carefully I put my head on the surface and... I'm through. I'm behind the mirror with my face. Blinded by glistening light, I can't see a thing at all. But with time, the pain in my eyes fades and I can see. I see a dream landscape whitewashed in golden veil of light, the edges seem blurred, the colours in the centre are stronger and then there is this incredible scent! Warm, bright, sensual, mature and noble. Waterfalls of clear sun-coloured honey, rather flowing like balm, rocks and stones formed from resin, yellow flowers rain ceaselessly from the golden yellow sky and orange silk veils hang from ornate trees. Bird chirping accompanies the kitschy scenery, hummingbirds scurry like tiny elves, time-lapse and flapping their wings through the flowing breath that breathes a piece of paradise into the whole. Far back in the middle of this living portrait there is a semicircular high gate. Its wings are filigree and reflect the dreamlike light with a golden shine. Tempting and enticing, the gate opens gently, as if inviting me to walk through it. I push my head further through the mirror and also my shoulders, there I feel a shaking. I'm fighting back. I want to go through that gate. I have to! That shaking again, more energetic this time. I see a shadow behind me. When I look before me again, the landscape blurs, the colours fade bit by bit. As if one were exposing a street drawing to pouring rain, the dream image of before dissolves into a single mixed mass. Disappointed, I withdraw from the mirror until I see it smooth and shiny in front of me again. Something's tugging at me again. This time connected with a reproachful voice: "Tell me, what's the matter with you?! You've never looked at yourself in the mirror with such self-love,' my good friend rules me.
Oh yes, we just wanted to get ready for our girls' evening and I had just sprayed myself with Miroir des Majestés. What happened afterwards, we probably perceived totally differently...
Am I in love with myself? - No - !
In love? - Yes- !
In Miroir des Majestés by Thierry Mugler!

Extraordinare
Miroir des Majestes is excellently blended spice-woody + floral fragrance. Longevity is about 6-8 hours on my skin in the tropical climate condition.
White florals coming up all the time discreetly but strong enough to be noticed and to give a good mood of feminine scent.
Presence of oud is gentle and well blended as not to be the first note you will smell and as not to be noticed all the time as the dominant one.
Miroir des Majestes has no typical TM dry down. The warm scent of amber keeps dry down present a long time giving the peace and sophistication to this story.
Definitely has similarity to Casamorati 1888.

by Nikolina
by Zezick
by Munu
by Munu

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler