Mugler Cologne (2001)

Mugler Cologne by Mugler

Mugler Cologne is a popular perfume by Mugler for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Bergamot, Neroli, Petitgrain, Orange blossom, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.06.2020.

MasterLiMasterLi 6 years ago

„The Eau de Cologne of the future!”

Theirry Mugler's Cologne is a modern, decidedly futuristic take on a classic recipe. His inspiration was the scent of a Moroccan soap he came across...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„My take on Chandler Burr's S01E02? It's a scrubber.”

My take on Chandler Burr's S01E02 (which was Thierry Mugler COLOGNE): it's a scrubber. Major yuck factor in the opening. My very...
Cantador
Thierry and Alberto in the bell street
Shock heavy... after the first sprayer:
Dear Thierry, you haven't really copied that dusty classic yet?
Not by a long shot... as it turns out
In the direct comparison I take at first hardly a difference to the 4711 original EdC war.
Then a little later - while 4711 continues to serve the auntie image - Mugler Cologne changes.
There are subtle nuances that I can hardly define, but the fragrance becomes much more modern, fresh, green and wearable.

While my comparison sprayer from Mäurer & Wirtz has already said goodbye and evaporated, there is still plenty of Mugler Cologne left.
For a no-frills newcomer, durability and projection are perfectly okay.
I could at least fill a 6-person elevator with a fragrance ;-)

Mugler Cologne is invigorating, refreshing and soothing - therefore for me a perfect companion for the hot days.
I like to wear it at home - additionally a few sprayers in the running fan... simply wonderful!
KOlufsen
Surprisingly not a "blind buy" candidate - at least not for me
I am well aware that this fragrance is widely recognized and certainly not a bad one! Nevertheless, I would like to point out its surprisingly strong peculiarity/personality, which surprised me a bit - sometimes even took me by surprise. So I assumed that Mugler Cologne is THE stereotype of a "soap scent", which I usually like so much. Nowhere to bite, no edge to show, stay under the radar. In some situations you just want to wear a scent like that.
But there's something about Mugler Cologne that bothers me (especially in the top note shortly after and during application) that I find a little difficult to specify. Maybe it is the neroli, maybe it is the composition as such.
In any case, in short: It's best to test it first to be on the safe side :)

Cologne review
Long time coming, but I have finally gotten around to the Moroccan soap - inspired Mugler Cologne. A modern take on the traditional Eau de cologne, composed by Alberto Morrillas. I hope you enjoy the review, thanks for watching.......

Love can be so simple
i can only say I'm glad I got a bottle of Mugler cologne.
Praised by many and described as an evergreen, but also with a soapy touch, but always with less attention from me because of the latter.
"I don't want to smell like hotel soap... or..."
Yes, maybe I always had a different idea in my head when I thought about this, which turned me away and I devoted myself to more exciting scents again, especially because scents that go in the greenish direction don't really appeal to me at all. But since I already learned from Dior Homme Cologne that even very simple and linear fragrances can have a very big appeal, Mugler Cologne should also be on my bottling wish list Well, I probably should have made that decision sooner. I closed my eyes with benevolence from the very first sprayer I released into the air in front of my nose. Simply incredibly refreshing, clean, linear, somewhat herbaceous. Yes, but I want to smell like hotel soap!

For me (also because of the price), Mugler Cologne is not a perfume that I put on when I go out, but always when I long for this fresh feeling of cleanliness (it doesn't mean that I don't wear cheap scents for going out).
So mainly in summer, when it's really warm or hot, always after I get out of the shower a spray to the chest before I get dressed again or just when I'm at home and don't want to wear any perfume. Also for the gym I use it all the time now.
I don't classify it in the typical perfume category, for me it's more of a room freshener/body spray if that makes sense.
Even if you still want to go out and have applied Mugler Cologne, you can easily apply another perfume 1 hour later - don't worry, it won't bite you with anyone.

For a long time I was floating in the belief that the simplest and simplest fragrances are the quickest to "get fed up" with and become boring. Meanwhile, however, I believe that it is precisely this kind of scent that one lets linger in one's collection forever with a clear conscience.
The fragrance for home
For me, Mugler Cologne is the perfect fragrance when I don't leave the house and it's very warm outside. I like the soapy and clean scent. It is not intrusive, cheap and the bottle also looks very nice in my collection surrounded by fragrances that cost a multiple. For a bit more depth and durability, you should use Creeds Original Vetiver, so I'll leave the house. Due to its low price, it also serves as a room freshener for me, just like Ferraris Bright Neroli.
Then and now
It's already a crux with the Internet. Basically a great invention. It makes life much easier, but can also cost a lot of money.
When I first went online in 1997 with a Telejet 14400 modem (now in the Computer Museum in Munich), the Internet cost 6 DM per hour PLUS telephone charges at AOL. After the first calculation of 250€ you can imagine that at that time the Internet was limited to the essential. One needed above all patience, since the side structure of a picture of 1MB size took a few minutes. You couldn't even make a phone call at the time, unless you had ISDN. Compared to today there wasn't so much content, but you were mostly busy waiting anyway. Or you'd chat with people on the other side of the world. I found it fascinating that someone who was sitting in his living room in Pittsburgh at the same time was talking to me about God and the world. Everything was more relaxed and less hectic.

Now at some point came DSL, a little later the Wlan and the smartphones and the offer on the Internet grew. Everything seems overloaded, hectic and you have to be careful what you say/write because some people put it on the gold scale. Today there is virtually everything, everything is covered with a monthly flat rate and costs actually only arise when you end up in a forum like here and suddenly starts to use Idealo daily to keep an eye on certain prices. You want to save money, but when I look at my collection a year ago and compare it with today, I notice that I have already spent over 1000 euros on perfume, even if I have always bought each cheaper than it would normally cost. Somehow the costs have only shifted then.

I had the Mugler Cologne on my screen since last summer. In trade it is about 55€, but it was always too expensive for me. Now I bought it for about 30€ and enjoy it. The right weather is still missing, but as soon as it gets really warm, it will be really good. It's different than the freshies I currently own. It's much greener, as the colour already says, and the bottle is also absolutely suitable, it reminds me of grass and stalks, at least in my eyes.

I can't smell the individual ingredients like that. I simply perceive it as a fresh green fragrance that reminds me of salad dressings in a positive sense. Sounds weird, but it is. I don't perceive a course, I can recognize Neroli and Petitgrain at the beginning and this also steadily, although becoming weaker.
4-5h the scent is well perceptible, which is just not long, but also normal for a fresher scent.
It also shows that as soon as Mr. Morillas leaves the pure male area, he is quite able to get something done. Yes, the whole thing may also come across as very artificial or synthetic, but with that other problems and I have less.

Who knows if I would have had the patience at that time to inform myself about this scent if I had known in advance that it was a Morillas.

Thanks to the development of the Internet, you can get information relatively quickly, get the hang of it, imagine it was 1997 and it would take an eternity for Parfumo to build up, let alone the comments on a fragrance. How big would the complaints be if the commissioners were too long, the photos too similar and the blogs had nothing to do with perfume? At that time, however, there were no users who only used their time on the Internet to find a hair in their soup and, if there was none, simply fooled them. Today, anyone who is dissatisfied with their life can simply use the Internet to compensate. It doesn't cost anything anymore and goes very fast.
I can also recommend the Mugler Cologne to these people, because it makes them a little more relaxed.
Because let's be honest...we are here because we are looking for fragrances that should embellish our time a little bit when we wear them. This is for one scent X and for the other scent Y.

The Mugler Cologne is actually rather Mugler atypical, not overloading, not eternally holding, and not obtrusive at all, so if you don't know this yet, you can dare to do it.

Basically, I think it's good to exchange information here quickly and informatively that the net has become so fixed. You'd rather spend your money on something nice than on access and waiting

A Neroli and Bergamot Bomb
SOTD: Mugler Cologne: As of 01/24/19

Like fresh green leaves after a rainstorm, that's how described this fragrance, my nose detects the Neroli, Bergamot and the Orange flower in the opening and then on the dry down
more of the Neroli, Bergamot, and Musk. Getting that bitter orange vibe as well from the Orange flower, Bergamot and Petitgrain. Excellent release from the Mugler house. To me probably one of the best fresh fragrance currently. All the notes are blended well. Excellent scent for the summer and as well an office scent. Definitely a must have.

Scent: 8.5/10
Design/Presentation: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Longevity/Performance: 8.52/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 8-10+ hrs
Overall: 8.25/10

My 2nd wearing of this fragrance as my office SOTD of the day as of 03/12/19, did not get any compliment which to me no worries I wear my fragrances in my collection to adore and love it's capabilities to it's full potential of the scent/fragrance. Neroli is one of my many favorite note(s) , I still put there with being on my top freshie spring/summer fragrances in my collection and rotation. Just love the Neroli with the mixture of bergamot and petitgrain being well blended. Longevity/Performance remains the same 8.25 out of 10, 9-11 sprays lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 9+ hrs. And my overall score will remain the same on this fragrance cause I'm putting Bright Neroli ahead of this fragrance which is 8.25 out of 10. It will be in my spring/summer rotation for 2019.

Futuristic Eau de Cologne
Mugler Cologne has a citrus opening and I almost smell something like ginger. There is also some subtle sweetness coming from neroli and orange blossom. Towards the drydown, the citrus aroma is always there, but I also smell something reminding me of vetiver, though it's not on the list.

Overall it's green, fresh and a little soapy. Very pleasant to sniff but not something plain and dull. The sillage is close to skin but the scent is persistent during the wearing. The longevity is at least 6 hours.

It's a fragrance that I'll reach out on a sunny day in spring or summer, when I don't have a particular desire for 'fragrance', but still want to smell good.
Eau de neon
AugustA was actually sure that she would like this Cologne with its exaggerated Mugler modernism. What then came was a very unique citrus green, bright to brightly shining, actually white shining. Reminiscent of something Indian about white flowers, tuberose virtually without the tuberose scent. Hypermodern and shrill. Fast past, then only some fleetingly spicy Vetiver remained. It's pretty good in midsummer, though. It makes me feel a little dressed up in the sense of disguised. Doesn't fit, doesn't refresh. Too bad.
Eau de neon.

Steamy Cologne
Scentrack
Fun Lovin' Criminals - Half a Block

In my heart there is a special place for three classic colognes with a modern twist: l'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque, Vettiveru by Comme des Garcons and Mugler Cologne.
Mugler Cologne is fresh, clean, genderless and very nice. Starts with bergamot, piercing neroli and just a touch of clean aldehydes. Soon white flowers and musk follow the top notes. The special feature of MC i s clean, steamy note of hot iron. Perfectly clean, and so compatible with white shirt. Insiders say MC contains molecule S - Sex molecule, the smell of post coital liquids, but I don't feel anything dirty. But one can expect the unexpected from Mugler.
The newer bottle looks like a part of Captain Kirk's bathroom, great design.

Rating: 8/10

More on Scentimentalwords

MillanderMillander 164 days ago
Itdoesn't contain vetiver so please don't compare with Creed Original Vetiver.
AspvlAspvl 10 months ago
Fresh, tart citrus leaves is what I get. Wonderful! I don't get people who think it's soapy?? Where's the soap in this?
ItchynoseItchynose 18 months ago
A blast of fresh, sharp citrus after the morning shower. Hard not to like!
DanielleDanielle 18 months ago
Fresh citrus-green unisexfragance wich I often use as a layer to chill up heave perfumes…
PMRP12PMRP12 3 years ago
A crisp, green bar of soap that makes me feel freshly-showered clean and universally appealing.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
One of my favorite summer colognes of all time happens to be Thierry Mugler Cologne. Very refreshing, very light, very soapy. I just love it

by Flanker
by Prophetfive
by Tonymu
by Tonymu

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler