Womanity 2010 Eau de Parfum

Womanity (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Controversially Rated Scent

6.3 / 10 597 Ratings
Womanity (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

FigFig CaviarCaviar Fig leafFig leaf Fig woodFig wood

Videos
Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.01.2023.
The fig note should have been realized with the method of molecular distillation, where essences are distilled under vacuum (pressure below 0.01 Torr).

26 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 47
My Antiheroine
Womanity I fell for long before Parfumo.

It was a summer that burned itself into the soul, I lost almost simultaneously my grandma, with whom I had grown up, and my job - the latter, however, was not bad, because the last job pushed me physically and also psychologically to my limits. So now I was without a job perspective for the time being, grieving, and on top of that standing in the pointed shambles of a long-term relationship that I should have ended a long time ago.

On one of those days, I sprayed on Womanity at the perfumery, having read on various blogs how gross it was supposed to be. Gross, no. But very, very different. This scent doesn't want to please at all. Not a "crowdpleaser", almost even "niche" - words I first read about much later here on Parfumo.
Honestly, decisive for the purchase was the visibly disgusted reaction of my then.

For him, it was even a provocation that I bought a perfume that he found repulsive. After all, the woman had to please the man.

For me, however, it was a small revolution - a first step in setting myself free, free from all that blackens the soul, imprisons the small, intimidated bird. That day the bird peered tentatively out of the cage for the first time, though it would be some time before it spread its wings and left everything behind.

Womanity is much more than just a perfume to me. It symbolizes strength, power, courage, resistance - the rebellion against social conventions, for new beginnings.

Significantly, that's exactly the message of the campaign Mugler launched at the time. Womanity, a fragrance for women among women, for community, cohesion. A distinctly feminist idea.
Women can achieve so much when they fight for their rights, and it's sad that equality is still a pious wish in many countries around the world today.

Unfortunately, the beautiful message behind the fragrance was not accessible to the masses, as was the fragrance itself. Too strange, too contradictory the components, sweet and salty, even fishy, I read, or even associations with the smell of female genitals should have had one or the other - to this I say only, man sees what he wants to see (or not) and smells what he wants to smell.

Just the word caviar in the pyramid leads to the fish link in the brain of many.
Womanity doesn't smell fishy, though. Womanity smells of salty sea breeze, sweetish, of warm skin, woody, and yes, it also smells metallic, animalic, a little sexual. However, it's the interplay of the components that make Womanity, I don't know of a comparable scent.
Durability and sillage are out of this world.

The salt accord is now in many fragrances, but when Womanity came on the market, it was still too early for such olfactory avant-gardism, especially since it was not marketed exclusively, but quite normal in the perfumeries of the inner cities. I'm sure today, under a niche label, it would sell well.

Unfortunately, you can no longer find him in the perfumeries, even on the Mugler homepage you have to search a bit.
Meanwhile, L' Oréal has the rights to Womanity, which should mean the death sentence sooner or later, the fragrance just does not sell well enough, too unconventional for today's target audience.

The bottle, once a work of art, monumentally futuristic, is now only available in the 90ml variant and is also no longer as beautifully finished. The metal was once oxidized and resulted in a wonderful pattern, today it is just boring silver.

Womanity is for me great art, that was the last, real Mugler.

A fragrance like a dazzling personality, a kind of Freddy Mercury, whom I idolize, as well as Womanity - the symbol of my freedom.

Today I very rarely wear it, although I have stocked up, just to be on the safe side. But when I do wear it, I am immediately ten inches taller, and feel equipped for whatever the day may bring.

Kind of a shame that it meets with complete rejection from so many. But maybe that's the way it is with those who swim against the (scent) tide, they polarize, and eventually they disappear, quietly. But sometimes they don't. Then they make history. That's what I'm hoping for.

There. I have finished :)
Top Review 0
HOPE
For the first time, I'm happy.
Happy about the apparently fateful, negative circumstances of my or my family's life.
My husband retired early last year, our 5-year-old son has not yet been given a new place after he dropped out of kindergarten, and I am currently on permanent sick leave because I cannot cope with the loss of our second child.
All these circumstances, which made me despair in the meantime, I see extremely positive in the present situation.
In this way we have learned, despite our limited financial means, that need can mean wealth.
In this way we have become richer in love and cohesion, because the hard times let us get to know each other better.
Thus we are richer in understanding, for necessity is known to make one inventive Thus we have become richer in virtues, learned renunciation and modesty and yet share everything when someone needs help.
In this way we are richer in hope and faith that everything in life has its meaning In the current situation this seemingly negative forerun has trained us and we now look without fear at what may come.
In difficult times and at home, fragrances are a pleasant distraction for me, just like toys for my child or the pursuit of political events in the world for my husband.
And more and more I enjoy every drop of my collection and bottlings, appreciate them more than ever.
How wildly I searched for the ONE fragrance after my signature was reformulated.
Couldn't find him despite many tests.

Well then?
A short time ago I received a wonderful fragrance package from the dear autumn blonde, which, given the current circumstances, will probably be the last fragrance package from this forum for the time being
Among all the wonderful scents, one has now turned out to be a golden drop:
Womanity.

Between all my perfume tests so far, no fragrance has stood out like this one, no fragrance could inspire me as much as this one.
Womanity is simply extraordinarily beautiful, individual and he gives hope.

Hope that I will be able to buy and wear this fragrance at some point and receive compliments from other people when they "may" get close to me.

Hope that I can visit my mother again, who loves perfume as much as I do and always asks me what a great fragrance I am wearing again.

Hope for a time when I can travel again with my loved ones and take a walk on the beach, because Womanity transports exactly this experience with its incredible scent.

It is precisely in or just because of these crisis-determining times that I find him:
Womanity- My desired signature!

A wish that gives rise to hope for better times.

I hope that in these difficult times you too have one or more scents that will give you support and the ability to beam you out of all this madness for a short time.

Give you hope that everything will be all right!
Top Review 30
Lure of desire....an aphrodisiac that doesn't attract everyone....
The Fig....
The fig, which plays a supporting role in this fragrance, is occupied with many a myth.
Among other things, it is about shame and desire, fertility and sexuality, peace and life itself. Among the ancient Greeks, the fig was dedicated to the god Dionysus as an alleged aphrodisiac.
In cosmetics, it is very often used: it ensures that the skin binds water better, and stimulates cell regeneration.
In the world of fragrances, it shows itself, depending on which part of the fig tree is to be represented, fruity, sweet, fresh, milky, bitter, woody, tart or green.

Mugler has created a masterpiece here. The fig in the most sensual form taken, attractive, aphrodisiac and very special, but this is most likely due to the combination with caviar.

That this fragrance is rated so differently, I can not understand. Ok if someone fig partout not like, yes, there also Mugler does not help.
But this "fig" fragrance - which was quite appropriately Womanity Eau de Parfum baptized - is the epitome of femininity, sensuality and desire.
That here some associations with the sexual act and the resulting fragrances have, is not so far.
Womanity smells different with me, depending on which cycle day I stand, (and also the different hormone balance with it). On certain days I can actually understand that this fragrance for some noses smells like body vapors.
BUT he never smells unpleasant! Not sweaty, bitter or even nasty fishy.... No he is ehr erotic, attractive, exciting and just aprodisierend.
Where that comes from and whether that was intended, I do not know.
In any case, it is fascinating.
The top note is well, what is it the... green? fruity? sweet? salty?
In any case, a dark, mystical-sexy note resonates with the fascinating depth. Long lasts the top note and that can be quite exhausting. I find them not unpleasant.
But can understand if someone already says here that the fragrance is "too much".

Then the top note glides into the even more exciting heart note which I personally find very, very indicative.
It is like a lure, not only for me! So many a man appeals to me in this phase (heart note). Consciously or unconsciously, not related to the fragrance but just like that, off the cuff, ready to flirt.
I attribute this to the "animalic note" which is not named more precisely by the manufacturer, and is only titled as such there. In the pyramid, this note is not listed at all.
What this animal note consists of, I can not even guess. BUT I suspect that exactly this note makes the fragrance unbearable for many.
Finally, not every person in nature is equally attractive to us (thank God :-P).
Who one feels as absolutely sexy, highly erotic and attractive is totally repulsive for the other. Exactly so is Womanity....

The base is pretty tame after all. Fig is still there, salty accompanied by delicate woods. BUT this base reaches the fragrance with me only after viiiiielen hours full of sensual impressions.

The flacon is a dream, I could still get an old design with oxidized metal. Beautiful. However, the spray head does not allow to discreetly dose this fragrance. It comes a decent charge and that is definitely room-filling, strong and WOW!!!

So I for my part LOVE Womanity and feel like a goddess with it!!!
Helpful Review 25
The pure femininity
Womanity was the last feat of Thierry Mugler with his direct involvement.
Fig over all, naturally derived, not synthesized, and refined with a slightly salty "caviar note" - that's all it is.

How I hated this fragrance! For me an infernal stench! Memories of sweat and baby fruit pulp were awakened in me! Simply disgusting!

Because many felt this way, still under Clqrins, the product range was cut down to one reference. And then began the hunt by customers for the sparse leftovers.

And you know what I noticed then? Just as with Angel and Alien, the clientele here was quite loyal. And with ALL without exception Womanity smelled absolutely sexy, something fresh-fruity and really absolutely delicious! We had to ask the ladies again and again, whether that was really Womanity that wafted from them to us.....

We then began to spray Womanity not only briefly or wash off immediately after skin contact, but gave the fragrance a lot of time to develop on the skin, and it worked for all - at least female - test subjects! Womanity really smelled like pure femininity.

And those who like fig fragrances will definitely have fun with Womanity.

Full marks for this unrecognized fragrance.
And as an addition, because some people think they have to make fun of Thierry Mugler's looks here or call him a "fucked-up HIV fag" ( read as a comnent to a review ):
Yes, he does look odd. But his current face was preceded by an accident! Nose and most of the face were smashed, and it took the best surgeons to restore it. So shame on you for these comments.
Very helpful Review 14
Butter by the fishes!
What I haven't read all about this fragrance. It should smell of blood, metal buckets and some other unappetizing things that I do not want to go into here.
The first time I really noticed Womanity was a few years ago, when I started to look more deeply into Mugler's creations. It stood on the shelf with the other, more common Mugler fragrances and therefore caught my eye. The fact that I had never heard of him before surprised me and so I tried him out directly by spraying him on a test strip. At this point I have to admit that I did not understand him at all at first & since he did not open up to me at all, I did not pay any more attention to him.
You can guess what it all comes down to - I stumbled upon perfume again years later, and because the reviews were so controversial, it had regained my attention. So I decided to test it again - which happened a few days later. Not without some concern, I walked into a perfumery that I knew still had Womanity in stock. I fished the scent out of the bottom shelf and applied it to a test strip. He smelled...interesting, but still wasn't really accessible to me. Not heavy, not floral, not overloaded with that typical sweetness found in many popular women's fragrances today. He was just totally different from what I usually knew and liked. And yet I couldn't get him out of my head - so I decided to do another test, this time on the skin.
At first he is sweet, but not as one is used to. It's a sweetness that can't really be categorized without being unpleasant. This sweetness is joined some time later by a certain freshness - it is probably the note that is perceived by many as metallic and is therefore associated with blood, fish, metal and other things. When the scent gets quieter during the day, exactly this fresh scent with a trace of woodiness remains on my skin, which I find extremely pleasant.
The durability is remarkable - applied in the morning, Womanity rises in my nose again and again during the day, sometimes louder, sometimes quieter.
But what I never and never will smell here is fish. And as someone who has lived by the sea all his life, I presume to be able to tell fairly well whether something smells of fish or not. The mention of caviar in the fragrance pyramid probably plays tricks on some perfumes ;).
An extraordinary fragrance, which I have already acquired and which I can hardly wait to take out in summer. In my opinion, this would probably be the best season for him