Alien Goddess 2021

Alien Goddess by Mugler
Alien Goddess is a new perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2021. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
CoconutCoconut
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum grandiflorumJasminum grandiflorum
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Cashmere woodCashmere wood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.10.2021.

The face of the the advertising campaign is American singer and actress Willow Smith, filmed by Emmanuel Adjei and photographed by Txema Yeste.

Hands off if..
Before I go into the title, here is some info:
Thierry Mugler is known for his innovative, niche fragrances. Either you loved them or you found them too heavy and stifling. Mugler designs fragrances that highlight the uniqueness of the person wearing them. Mugler fashion is also avant-garde, the shows a spectacle.
In advertising, the marketing specialists have chosen Willow Smith, who is known "edgy, young and confident". She also stands out with your particular style and is even the first black woman testimonial. M goes with the times. So far so good. Fits all in the Mugler DNA.
Now we also know that 2020 L'Oréal has taken over Mugler. This is already bitter to many. Let's keep it in mind.
We hold : unique fragrances, avant-garde fashion, modern, cool non-mainstream testimonial.
Expectations are high. And now to the fragrance:
The first spray in mild autumn weather on the paper strip. Big question mark in my head. Where is the drumbeat announcing a mysterious, divine fragrance? Where is the controversy between love and dislike? The drumbeat doesn't come later on my skin either, as I am met by a creamy flatterer. An intimate embrace of a light figure that envelops me with your vanilla coconutiness. Completely without corners, controversies or doubts, the gourmand fragrance lulls me. Right at the beginning you notice the coconut water, less sugary creamy like the coconut cream, but a little fresher, supported by the bergamot. Jasmine and heliotrope together form the floral sibling that dances seductively around my nose.(Jasmine is part of Mugler's DNA, but I guess that's pretty much it). The heart and base flow smoothly into each other, precisely because the ingredients are so similar in nature. Creamy, silky, soft. Cashmeran gives it a pretty solid base, so the scent achieves a certain depth. Basically, this composition has little potential for development. The bergamot floats away in a few minutes, and the coconut water sways in unison with the floral sisters on the final chords of softness.
So, but why fingers off and to whom does this apply? Anyone who loves the classic Mugler scents will hate this one. Numerous Youtube videos and online reviews voice the displeasure of many. Alien Goddess has absolutely nothing to do with see Alien series. Above all, this fragrance is generic, pleasing and completely lacking in edge. Mugler probably should have marketed this fragrance as a standalone, because expectations were high, as stated at the beginning. But is it a bad fragrance?? No, this gourmand collects compliments, one feels comforting and - by the coconut-vanilla duet - also a little like on vacation.
If someone approaches this fragrance with an open mind, without prior experience of who Mugler is, what the brand stands for, who will adore this fragrance.
Do you do fragrance wrong if you rate it poorly because this one resembles the others so little? Absolutely.
We remember that L'Oréal took over Mugler and you can tell from this creation : this is to appeal to the younger generation. And it seems that they are successful with it.
Conclusion : This is a solid gourmand. Vllt even one of the better in the designer fragrances segment. The bottle is a highlight as usual, refillable, sillage is quite good and durability at 6/10. 6-7 hours you definitely still perceive the fragrance on clothes. Hours less than, for example, Angel.
But what bothers me is the price: 30ml for about 60€? For a fairly generic fragrance?
Through my beauty points at Douglas I paid for the set (30ml+Travel spray 10ml) only 40€. Find, that is feasible.
Wear can probably every woman at any age. I wear it as a man also, but there is something courage to it. ?
I can already recommend, but only if you do not have to pay the original price for it.
So go on, go snooping and turn off here times the Colognaisseur in the head for a moment. ?
I smell like a goddess
After a long time I was back in a perfumery to just sniff my way through new fragrances. The bottle has immediately attracted my attention and I wanted to test it directly. My first thought was "oh holy... how awesome does this smell please?" and I had to have it immediately. I am not a fan of the regular Alien at all. Quite the opposite in fact... find that scent so awful. But this one... this one is just different and absolutely nothing like the normal one. The more I sprayed it on the more it reminded me of something and I thought about what it could be. Then it came back to me. A few months ago, I received a tester of the men's fragrance JPG - Le Beau. I thought it was sooo incredibly sexy that I then bought it to give as a gift and I thought to myself "too bad there isn't a feminine version of this" as it is already very masculine by my standards. However, I found my feminine version and am so incredibly pleased.... Some fragrance notes are even the same or similar and the coconut is very present, which suits me very well since I love coconut scents. Wishfully happy :)

Not impressed
This perfume smells good, but to me it is just a slightly remixed lighter version of Alien renamed to sell more product. There’s a slight difference in the two, this one has a coconut scent, but I wouldn’t buy another bottle of Goddess.
It’s a fruity sweet fragrance with decent longevity and sillage. To me, it’s youthful and summery. I bought a 9 ml bottle and don’t see myself buying it again. It’s just not that interesting in my opinion.
Soft unobtrusive anti-alien
I was recently with a coupon in the luggage in a small perfumery in the area to me a new fragrance for the fall ? to buy.

The owner of the specialty store presented me, among other things, this fragrance.

Preliminary: I like the original Alien absolutely not at all. Can not stand him well on other people either. Thus, I wanted Alien Goddess actually not even try.

Already on the test strip, however, I found him very great. The scent is warm, soft, pleasant and somehow delicious. So she sprayed him on my skin and I could not let my nose ?? more of it. One perceives probably the strongest vanilla and coconut.
Actually a summer scent. Which is why I do not understand why he was brought out now so shortly before autumn!? ??♀️

Somehow, the fragrance just enchanted me already at the initial smell.

Nevertheless, I must say that the durability with (on my skin) about 4-5 hours is rather low and the sillage lower mediocrity.
The price-performance ratio is underground. Much much much too overpriced. Would never have bought it to me at the normal price.

Except for the shape of the bottle Alien Goddess has nothing in common with the actual Alien
Soft summer scent -but NOT an alien
I like the scent it is soft and pleasant, after vanilla and jasmine. It makes you feel like you're freshly moisturized with sunscreen. See him as an independent fragrance that is not a flanker to Alien.This is disappointing, as I had hoped for more.The shelf life I feel too weak, as the scent is gone with me after 3 hrs.The price I find too overpriced, for that he has no hint of Alien and the shelf life is weak.My only consolation: the fragrance reminds me of "Goodl Life" by Davidoff, which is no longer produced for years and I loved this fragrance back then.
Spark
Yesterday I stumbled across the Alien Goddes stand-up poster, which reminds me of the Alien Extraordinaire poster I saw back in the day.

And since Extraordiaire is one of my favorite scents, I curiously sprayed - though I dislike when people compare the divine to the earthly.

But the scent is quite decent - won't knock my Extraordinaire off its pedestal, though.

Both fragrances wait with Blütigem - and also G has something Gltitzerndes - perhaps the heliotrope.
But not to be compared with the radiant cool brightness of Extraordinaire.
Through the woody notes and the vanilla, G has something homey private - the glow of which reminds me of when I enjoy the sparkle of a sparkler lit all to myself in the garden.
The sparks fall on the petals and I am in my magic garden.
A pleasant feeling too - for poetry is already inherent in the fragrance.

Extraordinaire can meanwhile illuminate entire ballrooms - without being pompous.
G, on the other hand, is something for the small circle - but does its thing in the smaller radius also well.
If you are looking for an alien that stays close, you are well advised with G.
Sonnenwind
L'Oréal torpedoes the alien invasion
We had already guessed it...
When it became known that L'Oréal Mugler takes over, rose with some already reformulation fear and displeasure.
At least with those who call the fragrances of the Mugler range their favorites.
Also the new releases under L'Oréal one looks quite soberly against, although the hope dies last.

One thing in advance:
Who loves the Alien series, could be disappointed.
Those who hate them might want to check out Goddes. I write "might" deliberately, because Goddes is not so overwhelming or special as to win over Alien haters or at all.

This flanker is not one in that sense, because it has so nothing in common with the Alien series and Mugler's powerful fragrances.

You get a light, summery mineral scent with soft coconut & vanilla vibes.
Close to the skin and not particularly long-lasting.
Jasmine?
Anyway, not a typical alien jasmine and seemingly just a whiff.

From the overall impression, it reminds me of Sun Eau de Parfum, La Vie est Belle Soleil Cristal or Idôle le aura.
Here, Replica - Beach Walk was still specified.
Certain similarity is already present, however, Beach Walk is much more interesting and complex.

That the flacons are refillable, I think is absolutely superfluous. For me, it is not a perfume, which I must always wear or have in the house - he is too trivial.
L'Oréal is in my eyes to destroy the life's work Mugler's. But Thierry seems to want to live with it and hold to be able.

ScentwitchScentwitch 27 days ago
Very much like the original Alien.

by Koi77
by Koi77

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler