Angel Nova 2020

Angel Nova by Mugler
Angel Nova is a new perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Lychee
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®, Benzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is German model and actress Toni Garrn.

Leimbacher
The country needs new angels...?
"Angel Nova" is the latest offshoot of the famous star cuisine from the Muglerhaus - what can this freshly-meaty fruit do? Is it worth my short detour into the mainstream sky during my niche zoo(logist) tour? Or does this seemingly girlie version of the classic break at the burden of its name, its often legendary siblings?

"Angel Nova" is not in a league with the original. That's for sure, it was actually almost clear before. But the fact that it rolls along so arbitrarily fruity and pale, surprised me a lot... A dessert scent between fruit mix and light sugar liqueur. A rosy shade can be made out, but everything remains thornless, bite-less, good. A teenage perfume, just like in a book. And even that makes it quite lame, even there are better "starter sets". Tutti Frutti. During the day, a slightly sour green raspberry leads past the castle of the Queen of Roses in a large arch and then goes into sugary-synthetic wood paste. A hike for the hollow tooth, already somewhat eaten away by caries. Not so sweet a lot of the stuff that has been popular in the "ladies" area in recent years - but that hardly saves him.

Flacon: starry. Between Walk of Fame and Barbie Sillage & shelf life: both a little bit more fruity and mild than with many other angels... but still no weakling sister. 7 hours easy.

Conclusion: absolutely no great moment for Mugler. In the best case a transparent beginner starlet, in the worst case superfluous and already smelled a thousand times as much. Even better. On the street, in the shop, in the club. In expensive and in cheap.
Pah!
So did I! To my shame I have to admit, I was actually almost right, real, angry when I got under the nose of my colleagues, I am normally not a big fan of gourmands but against Angel I can't do anything, I love him. When I saw the Nova, I was so happy, I imagined what we can expect now. More cotton candy? Some more berries? And then this.... It's best to put it in the perfume far away from the other Muglers Next to the Juicy Couture's, he fits better in between and the targeted audience finds him better.

I'm so disappointed If you are looking for a fishing sister or brother here, you will not find anything.

Just over-fertile and unpleasantly sweet.
Pardon my French:
Shame on you, you wicked L'getier and middle finger high from me to you in love.

With declined greeting
An Angel FanGirl.
Angel without wings
I have been an avowed fan of Angel since he ascended into the fragrance heaven in 1992 At that time an absolutely new fragrance experience and it is still considered today as the 1st Gourmand Parfum.
It was very brave of Mugler to pack a whole fair in one bottle But the courage was worth it. Angel is still the best selling gourmand and was awarded the FIFA Award Hall of Fame in 2007.

Over the years, more and more Angel's were sent to heaven.
Sometimes less sweet..sometimes more fruity ...but always with an unmistakable Angel-DNS.

Years ago I would have bought the Angel's blind.
I don't do that anymore... thank God!!!!
After testing Angel Eau Croisiere in the perfumery in 2019, this was the first time I was disappointed by an Angel Although you could still perceive a slight hint of the angel DNA, I would not have classified him blindly into the angel family anymore.

Now a week ago I received a sample of Angel Nova which I have now tested extensively Angel Nova is sweet... sweeter... too sweet... and fruity Sugar sweet raspberry, cranberry, lychee....candied rose.
Yeah... it's a gourmand But...no chocolate, no caramel, no praline, no patchouli...nothing!!
I'm disappointed
My conclusion:
Angel Nova is a beautiful gourmand that you can enjoy in low doses But:
In my opinion, Angel Nova does not belong to the Angel family, nor does it belong in a star bottle.
It is an independent gourmand that would have been better sent into the fragrance world with a new name and bottle.
Fruit bomb !!!
So if I had to describe this scent in detail, I couldn't. Because if one thing gets up my nose, it's the lychee and the raspberry. Absolutely fruity! The base is hardly noticeable (at least not for me), but the sweetness and freshness of the lychee is preserved and will last forever! The sillage and shelf life is very good. A perfect fragrance for spring and summer! For other seasons rather a memory of warm days
Gentle angel
After I first had to make friends with the Ur Angel, I immediately succeed in sympathising with Nova.

He came floating towards me in the sunset, and did not greet me with kettledrums and trumpets like his Ur Mother, but hummed soft, sonorous tones into my ear.
The Adagio by Albioni, on the cello gently bowed by Hauser.

He doesn't call: Take me, but he murmurs to me: Take your time
Involuntarily I slow down my hasty step and start to stroll.
Very slowly I move on - and the red angel accompanies me like a protective shadow.

Soft reaches me musty fruity with a delicate sweetness.
The velvety dark red rose joins them - and provides further peace and tranquillity.
I pause and admire the red and pink evening sky Woody notes lead me mentally to the edge of the forest - although I stand in the middle of the undulating city, oblivious to myself.

Nova is a welcome break in the daily gear - and I remember Max Frisch ad hoc - who advised to go for a walk with a turtle.

But Nova also took the pace out of the day
Angelrose
The monster L has struck again...
Full of anticipation this week we stormed into the perfumery to smell Mugler's new pink "Träumchen" :-) So spray march ....

First I noticed a slightly sour, artificial raspberry - the lychee note slightly in the background. First comment from me on the salesgirl - "I hate it...". Ok - don't give up immediately, I said to myself and after a short chat with the dear perfumer I smelled again. Now the rose was easily noticeable and I thought to myself - "Is this a joke? So this is a Muggle when he's been eaten by the big monster L before?"

Sorry for my negative words but if there is nothing positive to say - what should I do? :-( This scent is really not worth to be called a Mugler anymore. It is so generic and interchangeable - undemanding and deliberately "mass marketable" that the bars bend. Every trace of uniqueness and individuality, which could be found in the old "real" Mugler fragrances, is unfortunately sought in vain :-( Also missing is the typical Angel Gourmond character
After I ran to my car in rage and scolding and smelled the test strip again, a slight woody note came through. I thought to myself - "Ah that makes the scent REALLY unique of course now!".

I am simply disappointed and will treat all my beloved, genuine Mugler fragrances from back then like true treasures and enjoy them. I should have foreseen the demise of the Mugler era back when the great Angel EdT was replaced by the new EdT...

And finally: If the big monster L should get any stupid ideas and change my beloved signature fragrance Angel EdP and tamper with it - then I'm really going to hit the wall.

That's it now - kiss to all ;-)

DextraDextra 4 months ago
Sweet, syrupy, fruity, happy scent. Lots of yummy raspberries and some rose petals.

It's not an Angel but it's nice.

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Runa
by Runa
by GlamourAngel
by GlamourAngel

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler