Angel Nova 2020 Eau de Parfum

Angel Nova (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Angel Nova (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry
LycheeLychee
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask roseDamask rose
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®Akigalawood®
BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.11.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is German model and actress Toni Garrn.

My Downfall
I think I've smelled and owned every scent by Mugler. For a long time I had my favorites: Alien in all its variations. Angel I never liked...it smells like laundry powder to me. Of course, being a frequent flyer, airports are my little downfall. Handbags, shoes, cosmetics, books.... Fragrances. I basically can't walk past any perfumery without entering it first. So it is every time at the airport...I went into the store with the intention of not buying anything. Of course. Absolutely clear. Not to buy anything. I have that intention all the time. All the time. So I was standing there amidst all the fragrances and bottles. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mugler. My eyes roamed over all the scents I knew... Alien: got it, Alien Fusion: got it Alien Flora Futura: got it, Angel: got it.... Moooment. Angel I have, but I don't like it because, as mentioned, it smells like washing powder. Aaaaabut what did my eagle eyes see there? Angel NOVA ?. And I thought, as a Mugler Circle follower, I knew what was going on. Nenenene, I knew nothing. As usual, I bought Angel Nova without poking my nose at the tester. Arriving at my destination, my suitcase didn't matter. I had to get the scent. And what can I say? I fell in love! This scent is unbelievably amazing. Sweet, fruity and soooo long lasting. The sillage speaks volumes and is not for people who have a rather good olfactory butt. Two spritzes of the elixir and everyone knows where I've been running. Everyone who smelled the scent on me immediately picked up on the scent of raspberry. Litchi followed fairly quickly, making the scent a bit of a smoothie. Then joined minimally by grandma's rose at the grave (may sound a little macabre, but that's how I imagine grandma's grave rose). I am a woman who hates the smell of roses in general. I don't understand people who like the scent of roses. But here it fits like a glove.... Fruity, slightly floral, for me the fragrance to seduce! The shelf life is incredibly long, but I know this from Mugler and would be disappointed if it were otherwise. Sprayed on in the morning, I still perceive the scent in the evening. Even the individual components are still perceptible, which I find absolutely super.
Well, through the Mugler Circle I now got a sample of Alien Goddess... you know what's going on tomorrow at the airport ?

Midlife Crisis
Mugler is known for its polarizing fragrances. Whether Alien, Aura, Angel or Womanity ... Either you hate them or you love them. With this expectation, I also tested Angel Nova. In different situations, at different temperatures, I gave this fragrance a chance. And I am now sure that I do not belong to the group of lovers.
The first spray on paper already almost shocked me. A heavy, papery sweetness with a chemical makeup rose came to me there. In the winter, I tried it on my wrist with a light spray, thinking maybe it wouldn't come off as clunky in the cold temperatures.... still nasty. Now in the summer I sprayed it on this morning and in the warm I think I find it most unpleasant.
What makes it so difficult for me here is that the scent has no clear direction. It's a contradiction in terms, but not in an interesting way that Muglers usually are, just indecisive. The youthful fruity notes contradict the grandmotherly cosmetic rose. A bit like a person in mid-life crisis who just wants to be really young again... and somehow seems desperate as a result. Just weird and out of place.
In the end, the makeup rose wins... and I give up.
Shooting gallery dream
I'm too old for this. This as an excuse for all who love Angel Nova
love.
In my imagination, young people stroll SO fragrantly through the carnival.
Fresh, sweet and sour raspberry lychee explosion. Unfortunately, also this plastic rose at the same time. And it has power. So much so that I see beautiful young girls at a shooting booth, laughing happily wrapped in this raspberry dream, but from the booth comes a pungent, unpleasant smell of tremendous red and pink plastic roses.
So one by one, the young girls move on, to the next booth.
They take the sweet raspberry lychee dream with them.
Left behind is the now penetrating plastic flower smell.
Too bad.
I would have rather met her at the cotton candy stand.

Himberry
for all those who love it raspberryy
I have this fragrance in possession and find him apsolut great! Just the fragrance pyramid has prompted me to test. I smell 80 percent raspberry and something floral that I can not define but closer. To me, it's a nicer version of Tresor midnight rose, just without the scratchy that my nose perceives in that scent. Only thing is, angel nova is almost twice as expensive and that's also the point where I was harping with myself and didn't know if it would come along because for what angel nova represents, the price is too high in my opinion. The durability might justify it if anything. Two spritzes last an easy 12 hours on my skin.
10/10
A fruity, gourmand berry explosion. A beautiful fragrance that I think is suitable for all seasons. The rose comes out for me very light and almost imperceptible, the main actors are the raspberry and lychee! The longevity and sillage are top notch. I wouldn't use more than 2 sprays in the summer though, as Angel nova is very heavy despite the fruity top note. It resembles Montale pretty fruity very much
Please just hide...
...that before the Nova is an Angel. The has namely with the "original" fragrance nothing in common.

But if you fade that out, I find him really beautiful.

Compared to the other Muglers it really lacks "special" - yes, it is nothing that you would not have smelled before so or so similar. But: I'm not a fan of fruit scents. And yet he has somehow managed to convince me.

Which is probably because of the lychee. Damn, it comes through with me! I smell like ne lychee pickled in lychee juice drizzled with rose water, paired with fresh raspberries. On me, it doesn't smell insanely synthetic - though I realized that of course it won't smell like "natural raspberries and lychee" either. Since you have to put up with the little synthetic.

With me, the lychee comes out at the beginning, which also holds over the entire course of the fragrance. After a few minutes joins the sky berry, which is clearly perceptible, but is not too strong. That's it - for now. For the first 1-2 hours, I only notice them before the rose joins in. This makes it a little lighter, a little fresher - although I really like the sweetness of the lychee and raspberry :)

The longevity and sillage is incredibly good on me - which is the case with all Mugler perfumes. I own Alien, Aura and now Angel Nova and they are definitely my "Holy Grails" when it comes to the fact that I want to smell all day, without re-spraying - and even true myself for hours.

Yes, it's not particularly innovative. Yes, Mugler has better scents. Yes, you can find something similar if you want - but whether it then lasts so long? I'm not a fan of the original Angel, not on me - but this scent might make me dare to give it another chance. For the spring and summer I find him great!

Fruity feminine perfume
Interesting note in the beginning—lychee.

On first spray there’s a pop of lychee, which becomes immediately absorbed by raspberry. Rose come into play immediately after that, and stays a while. I wish the lychee was a stronger player here, as that note was interesting!
This is a cheerful fragrance, but heavy on the fruity side. In other words, you must love to wear fruity fragrances to like this one. It’s very strong on the first two stages, then loses oomph down the line turning it into a pleasant scent.
Me and the Mugler...
I'm generally not a fan of Mugler.
Well, I know since the appearance of this fragrance that it exists.
Nevertheless, I never wanted to test it, because I simply do not like Mugler fragrances.
Recently, I thought to myself, I give this fragrance times a chance.
Is probably because I'm currently looking for fruity, sweet and fresher fragrances for spring.
At the beginning he knocks out everything he has to offer raspberry and lychee.
My goodness, it's fruity and squeaky sweet.
Squeaky-sweet I actually do not like so, but still I did not want to wash it right back down, but give it a chance and longed the Drydown entegen.
In the Drydown he loses something of this squeaky-pappiegen sweetness, lychee takes bissl back and a touch of rose I can make out.
At some point a light woody note emerges in the background.
Where the fragrance was loud for me at the beginning and dripping with sticky sweetness, it now turns into a quieter, softer and no longer so sticky-sweet fragrance.
There is still sweetness present, but on my skin nowhere near as extreme as it was in the beginning.
At first I found him ehr unpleasant, but this "unpleasant" fades on my skin in the first few minutes more and more and he begins to please me.
Has he "sat down" on my skin and developed, he is soooo soooo soooo wonderful: a fruity & pleasantly sweet raspberry scent, accompanied by a soft and delicate lychee note (this gives the fragrance mMn this slight freshness), caressed by wood and accompanied by a very quiet and delicate rose .
Where Nova was fruity-squeaky and pappsüßig at the beginning, he is at some point fruity-sweet (the squeaky is completely missing), slightly woody, slightly fresh and delicately floral.
Somehow I find this fragrance difficult to describe.
I have now written some, but I struggled with it :D.
About the durability I can not complain, 6 hours ca I perceive this gem on my skin.
THIS is definitely the FIRST Mugler, which I love so abgöttisch that stays with me :).
5.5

Tarty nymph
Very (very!) similar to Le Rêve Nirmala Molinard somewhat, with the difference given by a drier, more powerful woody back bone.

This has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Angel - aside the bottle and Mugler tag! However, it is not necessarily a bad thing at all, on the contrary. I tested it on a hot day - 35C! - and initially disliked the prominent wood character of it. Too heavy and dry for such a heat.

Despite the tarty opening with raspberry, backed by sharp, dry woody notes, this scent moved quickly onto a fresher lychee/wood combo. The middle being fruitier than the opening, the dry down a soft fruit salad served in a brand new wooden bowl (!)

Overall, not impressed but neither disappointed - it makes an interesting outstander in the mass of overly sweet fragrances present nowadays on the market.
Sillage very good and longevity a monster. I showered and still it clinged firmly, as skin scent, on me.
I have Nirmala, so won't purchase but I would have, just to get a wild horse for summery nights.

6/10 from me.
Leimbacher
The country needs new angels...?
"Angel Nova" is the latest offshoot of the famous star cuisine from the Muglerhaus - what can this freshly-meaty fruit do? Is it worth my short detour into the mainstream sky during my niche zoo(logist) tour? Or does this seemingly girlie version of the classic break at the burden of its name, its often legendary siblings?

"Angel Nova" is not in a league with the original. That's for sure, it was actually almost clear before. But the fact that it rolls along so arbitrarily fruity and pale, surprised me a lot... A dessert scent between fruit mix and light sugar liqueur. A rosy shade can be made out, but everything remains thornless, bite-less, good. A teenage perfume, just like in a book. And even that makes it quite lame, even there are better "starter sets". Tutti Frutti. During the day, a slightly sour green raspberry leads past the castle of the Queen of Roses in a large arch and then goes into sugary-synthetic wood paste. A hike for the hollow tooth, already somewhat eaten away by caries. Not so sweet a lot of the stuff that has been popular in the "ladies" area in recent years - but that hardly saves him.

Flacon: starry. Between Walk of Fame and Barbie Sillage & shelf life: both a little bit more fruity and mild than with many other angels... but still no weakling sister. 7 hours easy.

Conclusion: absolutely no great moment for Mugler. In the best case a transparent beginner starlet, in the worst case superfluous and already smelled a thousand times as much. Even better. On the street, in the shop, in the club. In expensive and in cheap.

DextraDextra 1 year ago
Sweet, syrupy, fruity, happy scent. Lots of yummy raspberries and some rose petals.

It's not an Angel but it's nice.

by KatharinaG
by Liebmausdana
by Meinesonne85
by Meinesonne85

Popular Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Alien Eau Sublime by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler Les Exceptions - Ambre Redoutable by Mugler A*Men Ultra Zest by Mugler