Angel Nova 2020 Eau de Parfum

Angel Nova (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler
Angel Nova (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Mugler for women and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry LycheeLychee
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask roseDamask rose
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®Akigalawood® BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 01.10.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is German model and actress Toni Garrn.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Mlleghoul
this is money better spent on therapy
This is a very horny perfume. But a sort of sad, lonely, horniness. It’s the drunk middle-aged lady at a concert or local gig, or festival, stumble-dancing alone. (I am middle-aged now, but in my memory, every incarnation of this woman always seems older than I will ever be.) It smells like what both partners might wear when they pack for their hedonism cruise in a last-ditch effort to save their relationship and they’re on the prowl for their unicorn. It’s a bit desperate and hopeless, like that last radiant burst of manic energy that you put into a thing that’s doomed to fail, so what the hell and why not. As to the actual fragrance, it’s a sticky stain on your sheets that if you dare get close enough to sniff, it smells of overripe raspberries, lychee syrup drizzled shaved ice, and a sickly sweet cola drink spiked with peppery patchouli bitters. Instead of spending your money on Angel Nova, I think it wise you invest in an extra session with your therapist.
My Downfall
I think I've smelled and owned every scent by Mugler. For a long time I had my favorites: Alien in all its variations. Angel I never liked...it smells like laundry powder to me. Of course, being a frequent flyer, airports are my little downfall. Handbags, shoes, cosmetics, books.... Fragrances. I basically can't walk past any perfumery without entering it first. So it is every time at the airport...I went into the store with the intention of not buying anything. Of course. Absolutely clear. Not to buy anything. I have that intention all the time. All the time. So I was standing there amidst all the fragrances and bottles. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mugler. My eyes roamed over all the scents I knew... Alien: got it, Alien Fusion: got it Alien Flora Futura: got it, Angel: got it.... Moooment. Angel I have, but I don't like it because, as mentioned, it smells like washing powder. Aaaaabut what did my eagle eyes see there? Angel NOVA ?. And I thought, as a Mugler Circle follower, I knew what was going on. Nenenene, I knew nothing. As usual, I bought Angel Nova without poking my nose at the tester. Arriving at my destination, my suitcase didn't matter. I had to get the scent. And what can I say? I fell in love! This scent is unbelievably amazing. Sweet, fruity and soooo long lasting. The sillage speaks volumes and is not for people who have a rather good olfactory butt. Two spritzes of the elixir and everyone knows where I've been running. Everyone who smelled the scent on me immediately picked up on the scent of raspberry. Litchi followed fairly quickly, making the scent a bit of a smoothie. Then joined minimally by grandma's rose at the grave (may sound a little macabre, but that's how I imagine grandma's grave rose). I am a woman who hates the smell of roses in general. I don't understand people who like the scent of roses. But here it fits like a glove.... Fruity, slightly floral, for me the fragrance to seduce! The shelf life is incredibly long, but I know this from Mugler and would be disappointed if it were otherwise. Sprayed on in the morning, I still perceive the scent in the evening. Even the individual components are still perceptible, which I find absolutely super.
Well, through the Mugler Circle I now got a sample of Alien Goddess... you know what's going on tomorrow at the airport ?

Midlife Crisis
Mugler is known for its polarizing fragrances. Whether Alien, Aura, Angel or Womanity ... Either you hate them or you love them. With this expectation, I also tested Angel Nova. In different situations, at different temperatures, I gave this fragrance a chance. And I am now sure that I do not belong to the group of lovers.
The first spray on paper already almost shocked me. A heavy, papery sweetness with a chemical makeup rose came to me there. In the winter, I tried it on my wrist with a light spray, thinking maybe it wouldn't come off as clunky in the cold temperatures.... still nasty. Now in the summer I sprayed it on this morning and in the warm I think I find it most unpleasant.
What makes it so difficult for me here is that the scent has no clear direction. It's a contradiction in terms, but not in an interesting way that Muglers usually are, just indecisive. The youthful fruity notes contradict the grandmotherly cosmetic rose. A bit like a person in mid-life crisis who just wants to be really young again... and somehow seems desperate as a result. Just weird and out of place.
In the end, the makeup rose wins... and I give up.
Shooting gallery dream
I'm too old for this. This as an excuse for all who love Angel Nova
love.
In my imagination, young people stroll SO fragrantly through the carnival.
Fresh, sweet and sour raspberry lychee explosion. Unfortunately, also this plastic rose at the same time. And it has power. So much so that I see beautiful young girls at a shooting booth, laughing happily wrapped in this raspberry dream, but from the booth comes a pungent, unpleasant smell of tremendous red and pink plastic roses.
So one by one, the young girls move on, to the next booth.
They take the sweet raspberry lychee dream with them.
Left behind is the now penetrating plastic flower smell.
Too bad.
I would have rather met her at the cotton candy stand.

Himberry
for all those who love it raspberryy
I have this fragrance in possession and find him apsolut great! Just the fragrance pyramid has prompted me to test. I smell 80 percent raspberry and something floral that I can not define but closer. To me, it's a nicer version of Tresor midnight rose, just without the scratchy that my nose perceives in that scent. Only thing is, angel nova is almost twice as expensive and that's also the point where I was harping with myself and didn't know if it would come along because for what angel nova represents, the price is too high in my opinion. The durability might justify it if anything. Two spritzes last an easy 12 hours on my skin.

1 short view on the fragrance
DextraDextra 2 years ago
Sweet, syrupy, fruity, happy scent. Lots of yummy raspberries and some rose petals.

It's not an Angel but it's nice.

Images

9 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Mugler

A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler Alien Essence Absolue by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt by Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum - Création 2013 by Mugler A*Men Pure Malt - Création 2013 by Mugler Angel Iced Star by Mugler Les Exceptions - Over The Musk by Mugler Angel Muse (Eau de Parfum) by Mugler Les Exceptions - Oriental Extreme / Oriental Express by Mugler Angel Eau Sucrée 2014 by Mugler Mugler Cologne by Mugler Angel Étoile des Rêves by Mugler Alien Fusion by Mugler Miroir Miroir - Miroir des Majestés by Mugler Alien - Le Goût du Parfum by Mugler A*Men Pure Tonka by Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee by Mugler Alien Les Parfums de Cuir by Mugler Angel (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler Angel (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Mugler