Oud Imperium 2019

Oud Imperium by Navitus Parfums
Controversially Rated Bottle

Oud Imperium is a perfume by Navitus Parfums for women and men and was released in 2019. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesAppleApple
LavenderLavender
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
VanillaVanilla
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Woody notesWoody notes
Base Notes Base NotesOudOud
AmberAmber
NagarmothaNagarmotha
Tonka beanTonka bean
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 10.06.2020.

Great Perfume, Lacking Originality
After wearing this for the first time from the discovery set, I was quite impressed with the scent. I like a little funk in my oud and am generally a huge fan of cardamom as well and can pick up these two notes relatively quickly (more on this later). The initial spray may be too much for many people as it comes off very skanky but the dry down (which is relatively quick) is where this perfume shines in my opinion.

After about 30 mins, it started reminding me of a perfume I'd already smelled in the past but I couldn't put my finger on it at first. Oud and cardamom were the two notes I was really getting from this perfume. Another hour goes by and I'm really digging the smell but still, it smells too similar to something I've already smelled, until I remember the smell of Fragrance du Bois Oud Noir Intense (FdBONI). I go back and compare the two on skin. This smells 95% EXACTLY like FdBONI. Although cardamom is not listed as one of the notes, I get that as one of the main notes in this perfume. Might be my mind playing with me because of the similarity to FdBONI. Went and compared the notes of both and bingo! Majority of the notes show up in both perfumes, so my intuition was correct. There is a slight difference but I'm sure that's due to not being a complete clone of FdBONI but I'm sure the chemistry breaks the scents down to smell very similar to one another.

Although it seems like a copy to my nose, it is not a bad perfume. If you're a fan of FdBONI but are not willing to shell out $400+ for 50ml and want something that smells exactly like it for half the price, I can recommend this perfume. If you're looking for a bit more quality in your perfume, I would pay the extra $ for FdBONI as that perfume is pure gold in a bottle. FdBONI has a much smoother opening and is generally a more well blended perfume.

Ratings:
Scent: 7.5-8/10
Longevity: 9/10
Sillage: 7.5-8/10
Originality: 2/10

Overall: 7/10

Super Funky
NB: This brief review is following my tests (on skin) from the discovery set.

Of all the fragrances I've tried so far (6 of 7) this is by far the lowest in my own rankings for Navitus Parfums.

I like oud. I don't like this one though. This is the funkiest smell I've come across in a long long time. This just doesn't work for me. And I enjoy plenty of so-called 'funky' perfumes. But not this one. It's actually quite sickening. I waited 10+ hours to see if it would dry down to something more enjoyable but no.

If you like oud, please test this first. Would not recommend blind buy.

Positives? It's got excellent longevity. Projection is fairly good. Sillage is hard for me to judge.

ScentedGentScentedGent 2 years ago
Strong, bitter barnyard oud.

Popular Navitus Parfums

Vivamor by Navitus Parfums Primas by Navitus Parfums Intimus by Navitus Parfums Navus by Navitus Parfums The Embrace by Navitus Parfums Absolutio by Navitus Parfums Virtus by Navitus Parfums Reve Nuit by Navitus Parfums Arcanum by Navitus Parfums Empyreal by Navitus Parfums Serenade by Navitus Parfums Aubade by Navitus Parfums Champagne Royale by Navitus Parfums Carte Blanche by Navitus Parfums Verve Matin by Navitus Parfums Lautus by Navitus Parfums Soleil Matin by Navitus Parfums Eidola by Navitus Parfums Opulentas by Navitus Parfums Creme Imperiale by Navitus Parfums