Bois de Paradis 2002

Bois de Paradis by Parfums DelRae
Bois de Paradis is a popular perfume by Parfums DelRae for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is fruity-woody. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notesCitrus notes
Base Notes Base NotesWoodsWoods
BalsamBalsam
AmberAmber
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Toby, last update on 10.04.2021.

Forest paradise, indeed
I regret selling or swapping this a few years ago and want another bottle now. It smells like an evergreen forest and berries. Maybe a bit of a jammy fig in it that creates a balsamic sweetness. I understand that the concept of this fragrance is based on San Francisco, and I can absolutely imagine the hills and cypress trees with fog weaving through them. Truly a gorgeous, high-quality, naturalistic perfume without any trace of chemicals.

Complicated
BOIS DE PARADIS is an interesting, complex fragnrace.
It is definitely fruitty, from the fig it is the dried, from the blackberry it is the same as you drink in the tea, from the amber it is the honeyed kind with fresh citrict notes. So it is sweet and fresh at the same time, a very energic and surprising composition.
Later on it calms down a bit, reaches a creamy and less strident status, but there is a dissonance in the heart, what distracts me: it is childish and old simultaneously.
The base has no hidden surprises, it is an average perfume base, indistinguishable to my nose.
Endurance is a bit better than average, sillage is average. I would definitely identify this perfume as feminine one.

Generally BOIS DE PARADIS is an interesting fragrance experience.

Quel Bordel!
Well, the opinions are all over the map as regards Parfums DelRae BOIS DE PARADIS, so let me just throw another outlier perception into the mix.

The opening of this composition actually smells like a campfire to me. No joke. Then, a couple of minutes later, the mysterious Dentyne note (from AMOUREUSE, BOUDOIR, and about four Bond no 9s which I've sniffed) emerges and grows stronger through the midstage until it finally dies down again, leaving behind a sort of confusing, somewhat oriental-woody drydown.

I find this perfume overall quite messy, but not in the very appealing way in which ingenious creations can stimulate amazement and joy. This seems more incoherent than exciting to me. Désolée.

-------------------
Update: I retested this perfume last night, galvanized by Awesomeness' provision of an awesome shopping tip, and discovered that it smells very different from my first experience, relayed above. This time, it smelled to me a lot like wine dregs. True, there are not too many occasions on which I'd choose to smell like wine dregs, but I found the olfactory journey quite interesting, and I now see what Couture Guru was talking about in a comment on the first review. I stand corrected and am increasing my evaluation from 40% to 60%!

Yes, this IS an interesting creation, not like any others I've tested before. I also feel that it is made with high-quality materials. It has a sort of Serge Lutens-esque weirdness which is admirable in and of itself.

by Consuelo
by Consuelo
by Daisy
by Daisy

Popular Parfums DelRae

Mythique by Parfums DelRae Panache by Parfums DelRae Début (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums DelRae Amoureuse by Parfums DelRae Coup de Foudre by Parfums DelRae Eau Illuminée by Parfums DelRae Émotionnelle by Parfums DelRae Début (Eau de Toilette) by Parfums DelRae Wit by Parfums DelRae