Eau Illuminée 2002

Eau Illuminée by Parfums DelRae
Eau Illuminée is a perfume by Parfums DelRae for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is green-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrench lavenderFrench lavender Wild herbsWild herbs
Base Notes Base NotesIrisIris OakmossOakmoss LabdanumLabdanum Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Toby, last update on 05.08.2019.

2.5

Eau Illuminée
This fragrance opens with a melange of citrus, fruit and flower notes. The fruits and florals are sweet and creamy to which the citruses provide a welcome tart contrast. As a base for this delicious melange I see a barely detectable herbal note. This note becomes more prominent, once the top notes have all burned off. Roughly after an hour I see it very clearly: smokey lavender with a sweetish iris-like gloss. Very pleasant to wear, this scent is best-suited for balmy spring days. Although its starts strong and sweet, the fragrance loses strength rather fast.

Redemption
EAU ILLUMINÉE is a very good quality fragrance, but not for me. It is somehow too fresh for my taste, even for humid summer days it is intrusive. If I should bet, I would say, that lemon, cedar and fig are there, but I have been deceived by herbs - most probably. The base could be one of the beautiest, but it is still too manly, absolutely not for women.

I found my redemption under the water with a scrubbing sponge and soap.

The Guys Can Have It
"Whoops, I put on a men's cologne!" were the first words out of my mouth upon applying Parfums DelRae EAU ILLUMINEE. I examined the vial, re-read the name, and went directly to Fragrantica to verify that, in fact, this was a made-for-men composition.

Not satisfied with the answer I received there, though the notes clearly confirm my suspicion--lavender, bergamot, basil, vetiver... why it's the very recipe for a men's cologne!--I embarked upon a fact-finding mission to determine the correct categorization of this creation, fully prepared to register a correction for the administrators in the Fragrantica threads. But no, the most I could find was that EAU ILLUMINEE is "unisex, leaning toward feminine". Say what?

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the folks (mostly guys) at Creednotes love this. As for me, I must respectfully demur. Even the touch of vanilla does not help, serving to remind me (over and over again...!) of the only BBW aromatherapy scent which I really do not like: lavender vanilla. (Also Caron POUR UN HOMME...ahem...)

EAU ILLUMINEE conforms fully to Murphy's Law of Longevity: the less I like something, the longer it seems to last... Désolée.

by Epimedes
by Epimedes

Popular by Parfums DelRae

Bois de Paradis by Parfums DelRae Mythique by Parfums DelRae Panache by Parfums DelRae Début (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums DelRae Amoureuse by Parfums DelRae Coup de Foudre by Parfums DelRae Émotionnelle by Parfums DelRae Début (Eau de Toilette) by Parfums DelRae Wit by Parfums DelRae