Apple Tabac 2020

Apple Tabac by Pineward
Apple Tabac is a perfume by Pineward for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Nicholas Nilsson (Brand owner, Perfume maker)

Red appleRed apple
TobaccoTobacco
Fir balsamFir balsam
RumRum
Dried fruitsDried fruits

Submitted by Hatka, last update on 23.01.2022.

Red apple + liquor bomb
Interesting smell because within the "gourmand" its approach seems more extensive than others and I think I can say that it does not miraculously contain any vanilla.
It smells like red apple and that's original, or at least I don't know of any other. This note has a very large and dominant power at the opening in the first half hour, then goes down to something reasonable.
But then it widens with a background that I suppose is given by the nuts that I do not identify as such, or the supposed tobacco that I do not smell as such.
An important part of its strength comes from a liquor + fruit Slumberhouse-style liqueur undertone and then a coniferous or dark green background gives it a touch of darkness.
I liked this combination of fruit, but without being a sweet peach (the red apple seems original to me) that is a gourmand for its edibility, with a liquefied night point and a dark point.
I would say that within what it is, it is versatile in terms of occasions and character of the person who wears it.

Its performance is spectacular for the apparent naturalness of the formula.
It projects at the level of powerful bombs highlighted in a niche context for the first half hour and its duration at skin level is at record levels, 15 hours with total clarity and perceptible 24 hours later.
With the fingers of one hand I can count what is on the market with such power being something "natural" fruity.

Landshark321
Spiced apple with tobacco and resins, nicely done
Apple Tabac is my first sampling of the house of Pineward Perfumes, based in the Western US, which launched last year in 2020 but that I just discovered recently by chance, featuring many scents inspired the temperate forests of the region, curated by perfumer/owner Nicholas Nilsson.

Apple Tabac fittingly involves a lot of red apple, but not a ton of tobacco, immediately reminding me of apple cider and similar, spiced apple products (apple brandy, perhaps apple sauce), so very comforting, delightful, and mostly gourmand-like, with the notes of resins and dry fruits featuring prominently. It does not smell exactly like a food item, as the tobacco is part of the mix, but the blend is quite sweet and rich, and leans more toward a stewed / cooked apple vibe than a fresh apple, at least to my nose.

Apple Tabac pivots leans toward a daring, darker scent but in the scheme of cold-weather-evocative perfumes is fairly safe and agreeable, and I think that actually makes for a great introduction to a brand. Even those like me who adore a number of the darker, edgier scents of Slumberhouse or Hendley might nonetheless take comfort in Apple Tabac, as it hits the “stewed fruit with spices and resins” combination very effectively.

Performance wise, it’s quite strong and dense; I applied very little juice from the dabbers before a scent bubble was present, and I can fairly easily smell the fragrance on my neck and wrists more than an hour into wearing.

Apple Tabac (and every perfume in the catalogue) is priced at $135/80/20 for 37/17/4ml, with individual samples sold for each, as well the sample pack of all 11 scents (1ml each in dabber vials) for $45, which is what I bought.

7 out of 10

Apple... and Celery?...
Apple Tabac skips any detectable top notes on skin, moving directly to its highly linear heart progression. During the heart and continuing through the late dry-down the composition features a focal natural smelling slightly bright, fresh red apple, with an underlying celery accord. Projection is average and longevity outstanding at over 15 hours on skin.

What can I say? Apple Tabac was a complete surprise on my skin, and not a good one. I get no tobacco at all, and the apple, while very natural smelling - just as one might expect a freshly bitten into red apple does not smell like something that would mesh with tobacco even if it *was* there. Instead, I get an odd, celery-like supporting accord that I have to believe is actually the fir, that with this perfume is not playing well with my skin chemistry, as I can't believe this was the intended effect. As is, it smells quite off-putting, and unfortunately the longevity performance metric is through the roof superb, which in this case is a bad thing as Apple Tabac is a major scrubber. The bottom line is the $128 per 37mm extrait concentration Apple Tabac swaps the intended tobacco for horrific smelling celery, earning it a "poor" 2 stars out of 5 rating and a strong avoid recommendation. One can only hope that this was just a skin chemistry issue that others will not encounter.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 months ago
After a juicy and boozy, spicy fruity-sweet opening, this warm and fruity, spicy-woody Fall fragrance, settles to a smooth earthy-woody base

s/t #2
by Floyd
s/t
by Floyd

Popular Pineward

Murkwood by Pineward Fanghorn II by Pineward Bindebole by Pineward Fanghorn by Pineward Steading by Pineward Treacle by Pineward Eldritch by Pineward Boreal by Pineward Cotswold by Pineward Revelries by Pineward Oxylus by Pineward Chandlery by Pineward Glühwein by Pineward Velvetine by Pineward Christmas Wine by Pineward Icefall by Pineward Genever by Pineward Brokilän by Pineward Autumnal by Pineward