Aran อรัญ

Aran / อรัญ by Prin
Aran is a popular perfume by Prin for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is animal-earthy. It is still in production.

Prin Lomros

Goat's hair, Leather, Frankincense, Civet, Castoreum, Oakmoss, Saffron, Fir balsam, Jasmine absolute, Spikenard, Cardamom, Nagarmotha, Tobacco, Vetiver, Mushrooms, Oud, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2020.

Chizza
The moor and the animals
Prin Lomros. In certain perfume circles, the name stands for quality even if not every one of its fragrances may be an olfactory highlight. But he offers a variety of fragrance experiences, mostly very intense and not at a knock-down price. The line Prin is now his line to introduce his favorite notes, his favorite fragrances, which should not be trimmed to be pleasing. I don't know all of them but the perfumes I know from the line allow me to conclude: Yes, I can confirm that.
Aran is now again a kind of dark green/brown perfume, similar to Mriga but also similar to Häxan. The latter is clearer, in terms of colour only green and thus more pleasing, somewhere rather the juicy green meadow. Aran is the bog. That's quite good, because the bog swallows everything it gets hold of. Be it the goat (goat hair) which has lost its way here and carries Aran significantly, be it the green around it, which becomes very pale due to the insatiable bog, becomes rather muddy.
What does Aran smell like? Actually, this scene, because it's animal, but not too strong. It's dominated by earthy, muddy tones. Oak moss is the base, incense is in the background and underlines the melange more like a ceremonial place of worship in the middle of a swamp landscape where incense is gently smoked. Nagarmotha or Cypriol is known from many of his creations. This ingredient provides for a very earthy appeal, it provides for the swamp character.
Of course, other notes also play a part in this. Fir balsam, for example, loosens up this deep earthiness a little and gives the fragrance that certain something. It smells like moist earth when it is complemented by an ethereal and balsamic note. Fascinating. While Mriga plays for me in colder forests, perhaps snow-covered, Aran takes us to swampier, warmer landscapes; it's not the moors of England, that much is clear.
With time, the animal kingdom breaks down. For me civet does not penetrate constantly but always for a few moments. Here the cardamom also resonates and complements the animalics in the right places without appearing too much in the foreground. Really great arrangement. At this point the forest elements retreat, the focus is now on the animals plus a slightly mushroomy smell, here it is quite possible that not everyone is going with the scent. But this fades away, because the swamp reclaims the protagonist role. The animal has inadvertently entered the swamp and can no longer make it out.
In conclusion, I can say that Prin has once again created an olfactory work of art. Certainly not wearable every day, which was not the goal. Aran is an honest, authentic scent of swampland, of the animal kingdom living there. I'm kicking you out of here now, I'm going to stay a little longer myself, because the durability is good as usual.
Shaman in a bottle
Usually I tend to write very rambling comments. This time I try to avoid metaphors and meaningful comparisons (as much as I can). The scent itself is so abstract that I fear it might otherwise not be tangible at all - insofar as a subjective review of a scent can make the scent tangible at all...

If you don't like it hearty, not animalistic, not to a certain extent natural-dirty, not ethereal or earthy, you might turn up your nose and give Aran a wide berth. Aran is all of it, including wooded, mossy and musty in a very pleasant way.
Aran is a powerful and yet not overly loud fragrance.
The goat's hair is there from the very beginning and also has a decisive influence on the fragrance during the entire time. You could call it furry-sweaty, but the word sweaty would have negative connotations and would not do justice to what I mean. I therefore try to describe the animal kingdom: If we take Hyrax or Stercus as (parade) examples, I would speak of dirty animalism. The one in Aran is not less animalistic but much cleaner. Like freshly groomed (I don't know if you do that with goats) goatskin. And damp leather. Familiar, interesting. Of course, but not unpleasant.
Paradoxically, there are also ethereal notes, which I explain by the saffron and fir balm.
Flowers of any kind I can't perceive at any time, but I don't miss them in the least.

Aran smells of forest, moss, earth and yes, really mushrooms. It smells of (incense) smoke and wood and stone. It smells of nature and animals. And all in the same breath.

Aran is a complex and truly exceptional fragrance.
It must be a challenge.
To me it is a small, rather expensive masterpiece.

Popular Prin

Mriga / มฤค by Prin Mandodari / มณโฑ by Prin Anatolia by Prin Eshu by Prin Nocturnal Poetry by Prin Saringkarn by Prin Homa by Prin